EvoMuse Presents: PLCAR

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't find any studies on plcar effects on fat burning only alcar, does plcar burn fat like alcar?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't find any studies on plcar effects on fat burning only alcar, does plcar burn fat like alcar?
Better. It has better "affinity" for body/muscle/cardiac cells , while Alcar has a major affinity for neuronal cells of the brain. Sheer volume-surface area of active neuronal cells that can benefit from Alcar plus saturation point, Alcar is better served in a preworkout ( mental wnergy) combined with PLCAR (physical energy....oh damn, did I just give away 2 more demolish ingredients and why? Here come the copies.

Anyway, muscle cells especially trained have a higher fat burning capacity, and therefor a Carnitine (CPt1) with more affinity to muscle cells would be superir.

Yes, experiments past 11 years, n=about 30, confirms.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
My heaping scoop was 1g exactly on my scale - I didn't read through everyones answers but thats what I got!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Better. It has better "affinity" for body/muscle/cardiac cells , while Alcar has a major affinity for neuronal cells of the brain. Sheer volume-surface area of active neuronal cells that can benefit from Alcar plus saturation point, Alcar is better served in a preworkout ( mental wnergy) combined with PLCAR (physical energy....oh damn, did I just give away 2 more demolish ingredients and why? Here come the copies.

Anyway, muscle cells especially trained have a higher fat burning capacity, and therefor a Carnitine (CPt1) with more affinity to muscle cells would be superir.

Yes, experiments past 11 years, n=about 30, confirms.
There are some promising studies combining ALCAR and PLCAR:
A total of 120 patients were randomized into three groups. The mean patient age was 66 years (range 60 to 74). Group 1 was given testosterone undecanoate 160 mg/day, the second group was given propionyl-L-carnitine 2 g/day plus acetyl-L-carnitine 2 g/day. The third group was given a placebo (starch). Drugs and placebo were given for 6 months...

Carnitines proved significantly more active than testosterone in improving nocturnal penile tumescence and International Index of Erectile Function score. Testosterone significantly increased the prostate volume and free and total testosterone levels and significantly lowered serum luteinizing hormone; carnitines did not...

CONCLUSIONS: Testosterone and, especially, carnitines proved to be active drugs for the therapy of symptoms associated with male aging.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15072869/
METHODS: In an open, randomized fashion we compared 2 g/d acetyl-L-carnitine, 2 g/d propionyl-L-carnitine, and its combination in 3 groups of 30 CFS patients during 24 weeks...

RESULTS: Clinical global impression of change after treatment showed considerable improvement in 59% of the patients in the acetylcarnitine group and 63% in the propionylcarnitine group, but less in the acetylcarnitine plus propionylcarnitine group (37%). Acetylcarnitine significantly improved mental fatigue (p =.015) and propionylcarnitine improved general fatigue (p =.004). Attention concentration improved in all groups, whereas pain complaints did not decrease in any group. Two weeks after treatment, worsening of fatigue was experienced by 52%, 50%, and 37% in the acetylcarnitine, propionylcarnitine, and combined group, respectively. In the acetylcarnitine group, but not in the other groups, the changes in plasma carnitine levels correlated with clinical improvement.

CONCLUSIONS: Acetylcarnitine and propionylcarnitine showed beneficial effect on fatigue and attention concentration. Less improvement was found by the combined treatment. Acetylcarnitine had main effect on mental fatigue and propionylcarnitine on general fatigue.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15039515/

From the discussion of the second study:
The CGI improved in the ALC and the
PLC group, but not significantly in the ALCPLC group,
likely because of the higher total carnitine ester dose and
indicating an inversed U-form dose–response curve. An indication
for the same effect was found in the preliminary double-blind
pilot study. The effect of ALC on mental fatigue and
attention concentration was significant. The PLC group
showed most improvement in general and physical fatigue and
slightly less in attention concentration. The ALCPLC group
improved very well on general fatigue and also, but not
significantly, on physical and mental fatigue.
With that in mind, how would you dose ALCAR and PLCAR if you're taking both together, or can you not say yet due to the upcoming pre-workout? It looks like the first study didn't specify dose timing, and the second one split the 2g of each carnitine between after breakfast and after dinner. Granted, neither of these studies actually used pre-workout dosing.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Assuming you aren't working out first thing in the morning I would take the ALCAR when you wake up and the PLCAR Preworkout.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
2 heaping scoops pre workout

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took 4 grams when I first got it in 2004. Gave me a little bit of a queasy stomach.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
2 heaping scoops pre workout
I took 4 grams when I first got it in 2004. Gave me a little bit of a queasy stomach.
I took 3 grams last night and the body energy was strange. I definitely didn't feel like going to sleep but it wasn't uncomfortable either. My sleep stack effectively turned it off though.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Noticed on Examine and have seen it recommended a couple other places to take carnitine with meals. Is that really what's best or does it matter?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
LCLT I don't notice much of anything but I did pick some up the other day to dose with Testruction and see about synergy (more ARs, plus amplification at those same receptors).
What happened with this? Any synergy with Testruction with regard to the ARs?

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Noticed on Examine and have seen it recommended a couple other places to take carnitine with meals. Is that really what's best or does it matter?
Carbs -> insulin is what you read about.

The reason that carnitine is paired with carbs is that insulin is required to “load” the carnitine into the muscle.

But you can take fenugreek or alpha lipoic acid and skip the carbs. Also a few grams of choline will work well with carnitine.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there any place we can find bulk PLCAR. it seems impossible to find it in bulk nowadays. the closest I can find is GPLCAR.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is there any place we can find bulk PLCAR. it seems impossible to find it in bulk nowadays. the closest I can find is GPLCAR.
I was looking into this yesterday. Your def right about all the GPLCAR. Not sure the difference really. I did see some bottles of PLCAR from Performax Labs. Assuming they are old/er, but still good to go.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm also still looking for bulk PLCAR and can't find any.

test112

Awards
  • Established
This stuff is impossible to find; it’s always GPLC that seems to be around. How hard is it for someone to just maintain a consistent supply as a baseline ingredient/product? This stuff just rocks in so many ways.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's a pity that only for that reason nobody would carry it. I had bulk PLCAR in the past when it was available and this aspect of the product was not bothering me at all.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I kept mine in the freezer. I have done this with all hygroscopic supps.

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2grams is nice middle of a workout all the sudden instant energy!