Everyone's favorite creatine?

sespress

Awards
There's a bunch of different stuff out there these days, a few forms (monohydrate / o-phosphate) and formulations that contain it and other supps in a stack of sorts.

What is everyone's favorite creatine? I'm partial to a non mixed drink of it if anyone has had a capsul form and been partial to it I would love to hear!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea I just buy bulk cheap creatine mono haha

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The effective differences between various forms is largely negligible, save for those that have been shown to be bunk like CEE. I personally much prefer a staple blend, such as Tr1umph or Ergonine that provides so much more than just creatine. That said, you can't go wrong with bulk mono.

I would also point out that Creatinol-O-Phosphate is not creatine.

sespress

Awards
The effective differences between various forms is largely negligible, save for those that have been shown to be bunk like CEE. I personally much prefer a staple blend, such as Tr1umph or Ergonine that provides so much more than just creatine. That said, you can't go wrong with bulk mono.

I would also point out that Creatinol-O-Phosphate is not creatine.
No kidding, ha! what the heck is it then.

I was looking at tr1umph, will probably go blend to start with. Don't have anything to blend bulk stuff into anyways.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No kidding, ha! what the heck is it then.

I was looking at tr1umph, will probably go blend to start with. Don't have anything to blend bulk stuff into anyways.
COP is an ergogenic aid that purportedly works as an intracellular buffering agent. Theoretically it should help stabilize muscle pH and increase ATP, allowing you to better recruit muscle fibers and push muscle contractions beyond the normal point of fatigue. The research on it is limited, but many people feel it enhances their strength and endurance.

Tr1umph is a good choice and probably the best "base" product for any lifter to start with considering everything you get from it, PA included. :biggthumpup: 50% off right now, too.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hard to beat PowerMax XT. One gets a full dose of creatine, betaine to help with performance and even improves body composition and COP for endurance. It is a complete ergogenic aid that has you covered from multiple areas including increasing performance, strength, endurance and recovery. All of that for $1/day.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
HCL, which was one of the selling points for Tr1umph over any others. The inclusion of PA puts it leagues above though.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HCL, which was one of the selling points for Tr1umph over any others. The inclusion of PA puts it leagues above though.
This. I'm sitting on A LOT of tubs of Triump. I just starting using it, honestly (for 15 days or so).

It covers dang near all of my supplements with the exception of my pre workout ingredients

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This. I'm sitting on A LOT of tubs of Triump. I just starting using it, honestly (for 15 days or so).

It covers dang near all of my supplements with the exception of my pre workout ingredients
Tr1umph + High Volume covers everything I was taking plus some. I was pretty bad at taking my Betaine, Creatine HCL, and PA on my days off. Not any more. Only thing it doesn't cover is the C-O-P which is easy to add to High Volume, and Cordyceps Militaris that I add to Tr1umph. Really has made my life so much easier. Other than that, I just take my vitamins twice a day. Love it.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tr1umph + High Volume covers everything I was taking plus some. I was pretty bad at taking my Betaine, Creatine HCL, and PA on my days off. Not any more. Only thing it doesn't cover is the C-O-P which is easy to add to High Volume, and Cordyceps Militaris that I add to Tr1umph. Really has made my life so much easier. Other than that, I just take my vitamins twice a day. Love it.
Great stack here. What have you noticed from the Cordyceps Militaris?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honesty, plain monohydrate is my favorite, proven and effective. I use creaplex, dirt cheap.

Green mag would be my favorite designer because the sour green apple is freakin awesome!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great stack here. What have you noticed from the Cordyceps Militaris?
Libido and confidence/mood boost, and energy boost so far. Very subtle, almost feeling how homeostasis sounds. I'm noticing girls more, and morning wood is more consistant. My mood is stable, just very at peice, and enjoyable. I don't seem to be getting any mid day crash.

I can't comment on the gym, as I'm just easing back into it after a few back to back vacations. The ATP/Endurance aspect seems very promising.

Keep in mind that it has only been two weeks so far, so this isn't all a definate. However it seems to be exactly what I would expect from an adaptogen. Almost what I hoped Ashwagandha to be. Seems to be a great healing herb.

No comment on the immune boost.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Libido and confidence/mood boost, and energy boost so far. Very subtle, almost feeling how homeostasis sounds. I'm noticing girls more, and morning wood is more consistant. My mood is stable, just very at peice, and enjoyable. I don't seem to be getting any mid day crash.

I can't comment on the gym, as I'm just easing back into it after a few back to back vacations. The ATP/Endurance aspect seems very promising.

Keep in mind that it has only been two weeks so far, so this isn't all a definate. However it seems to be exactly what I would expect from an adaptogen. Almost what I hoped Ashwagandha to be. Seems to be a great healing herb.

No comment on the immune boost.
Awesome, thanks for your detailed feedback. It's an interesting ingredient for sure so I wanted to see what you thought since I know you're not biased.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Creatine Mono is all you need.....100% saturation is 100% saturation no matter what way anyone tries to spin it

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just found a bottle of Kre-alkalyn

in the back of my cabinet. Ha. I remember the day the 'desk jockey' behind the counter gave me some free samples and a 'deal' on this. Anyone want some? :D

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I just found a bottle of Kre-alkalyn

in the back of my cabinet. Ha. I remember the day the 'desk jockey' behind the counter gave me some free samples and a 'deal' on this. Anyone want some? :D
What's wrong with kre-alkalyn I love that stuff haha

nerdslift2

Awards
Tr1umph, egronine are my go to most the time, when I'm more on a budget I go to muscletech Creactor (hcl and "free form") because I find it BOGO for 20 bucks lasts a long freaking time, but now SNS has their creatine HCL so after I finish the several tubs of tr1umph I just ordered on sale I'll get the sns for sure!
Green mag is great as well, infinite labs has a bulk creatine magnesium chelate I got on sale and I really like that form too... but I'm a bargain hunter so if I find a killer deal I stock up

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What's wrong with kre-alkalyn I love that stuff haha
It's expiration date was March, 2014, but I'm sure it still retains it's "5x potency to Creatine Monohydrate".

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Of all the creatine's I've tried over the years, the ones I would stick to are Creatine HCL, Magnesium Creatine Chelate (MCC), and micronized CreaPure/creatine monohydrate. The most effective form for me has been Creatine HCL. I get cramps and bloat from all other forms so far no matter how small of a dose I use. I only use 2g-2.5g daily for each kind. For me, it is worth the extra price, although it is not much since i buy 1kg at a time for about $25/kg. I am interested in trying Creatine Anhydrous, however no one sells it in 1kg bulk size yet.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's a bunch of different stuff out there these days, a few forms (monohydrate / o-phosphate) and formulations that contain it and other supps in a stack of sorts.

What is everyone's favorite creatine? I'm partial to a non mixed drink of it if anyone has had a capsul form and been partial to it I would love to hear!
Trucreatine from PESCIENCE top notch and can be found for as low as 11.99 a tub. :)
Top quality Pure Creatine Anhydrous out of a very trusted company, you can't go wrong.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Phosphagen is where it's at

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Trucreatine from PESCIENCE top notch and can be found for as low as 11.99 a tub. :)
Top quality Pure Creatine Anhydrous out of a very trusted company, you can't go wrong.
Never tried it!
What it takes?
It has the same "side effect" of monoidrate? that fills the muscles of water?

Lucianooo

Lucianooo

Awards
  • Established
Creapure and Creatine HCL. That been said I prefer a staple blend too, I'm takin tr1umph for months and results are AMAZING!

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never tried it!
What it takes?
It's creatine anhydrous, same form we use in ergonine. It works the same as monohydrate, but is more creatine by molecular weight. IMO ergonine is a better deal than trucreatine as it includes the creatine anhydrous + a lot more for not much more money.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never tried it!
What it takes?
Synapsin has you covered here. :)
I agree ergonine is always in my line-up. But if balling on a budget yet have to have you some creatine trucreatine is the way to go. Even though like syn mentioned ergo would make more sense because you get more bang for your buck.
It's creatine anhydrous, same form we use in ergonine. It works the same as monohydrate, but is more creatine by molecular weight. IMO ergonine is a better deal than trucreatine as it includes the creatine anhydrous + a lot more for not much more money.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That stuff is so old school.. I'm 28 and that was the talk of the town when I was 16 lol
Yet it still lingers and is popular. Doesn't happen too often in this industry. :]
Seams most products are debunked or banned. Creatine is still running strong.

sespress

Awards
Yet it still lingers and is popular. Doesn't happen too often in this industry. :]
Seams most products are debunked or banned. Creatine is still running strong.
Well correct me if I am wrong but creatine isn't going to kill anyone and probably never has or will. I mean if they try to ban creatine I'm moving to Canada because they'll find my morning oj responsible for making breakfast too delicious and ban it too. =)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well correct me if I am wrong but creatine isn't going to kill anyone and probably never has or will. I mean if they try to ban creatine I'm moving to Canada because they'll find my morning oj responsible for making breakfast too delicious and ban it too. =)
Rumor has it that sweet nectar from the oranges you indulge in every morning is next on the ban list. :D
Pack them bags sir. Hahaha

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I think your the only person to say that so far, why so?
Mostly because of this factor:

Creatine phosphate and creatine phosphate tetrahydrate

"These two forms of creatine are absolutely crucial to the enhanced benefits that Phosphagen offers users. Creatine is beneficial because it allows the body to create larger stores of ATP(which is used for more energy and strength in the gym), however the main drawback is that in order to form ATP, you need additional phosphate groups to be donated in the body. Creatine Phosphate willingly donates its Phosphate group to help the body convert ADP into ATP, allowing the creatine to be far more effective, and work significantly faster."

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would say that I haven't used in years, but a quality bulk mono would be best. Companies like SNS, universal or others like that.

sespress

Awards
Mostly because of this factor:

Creatine phosphate and creatine phosphate tetrahydrate

"These two forms of creatine are absolutely crucial to the enhanced benefits that Phosphagen offers users. Creatine is beneficial because it allows the body to create larger stores of ATP(which is used for more energy and strength in the gym), however the main drawback is that in order to form ATP, you need additional phosphate groups to be donated in the body. Creatine Phosphate willingly donates its Phosphate group to help the body convert ADP into ATP, allowing the creatine to be far more effective, and work significantly faster."
Very interesting. I'll look that stuff up. Got a brand you prefer?

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Hi Tech is only one that makes it now..more expensive then basic creatine but it's worth it in my opinion..

sespress

Awards
Hi Tech is only one that makes it now..more expensive then basic creatine but it's worth it in my opinion..
Do you find its any rougher on the stomach or the body?

I did some reading on its chemistry on the wiki:
Phosphocreatine can anaerobically donate a phosphate group to ADP to form ATP during the first 2 to 7 seconds following an intense muscular or neuronal effort. Conversely, excess ATP can be used during a period of low effort to convert creatine to phosphocreatine. The reversible phosphorylation of creatine (i.e., both the forward and backward reaction) is catalyzed by several creatine kinases. The presence of creatine kinase (CK-MB, MB for muscle/brain) in blood plasma is indicative of tissue damage and is used in the diagnosis of myocardial infarction.[1] The cell's ability to generate phosphocreatine from excess ATP during rest, as well as its use of phosphocreatine for quick regeneration of ATP during intense activity, provides a spatial and temporal buffer of ATP concentration. In other words, phosphocreatine acts as high-energy reserve in a coupled reaction; the energy given off from donating the phosphate group is used to regenerate the other compound - in this case, ATP.

It sounds really amazing, I'm kind of surprised that it's not more popular. If I'm reading this correctly the body will take/make phosphocreatine on its own, either by synthesis using the liver and kidney or by taking creatine that is consumed.

So basically it's vastly superior. Why has it fallen by the wayside? I've heard loading up on normal creatine can be tough on the kidneys, I guess now that's based on the body trying to turn it into phosphocreatine (maybe other reasons also), so perhaps this form is easier on the organs?

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I think EAS originally marketed it..not sure why it's not touted more by Hi Tech..is vastly superior..I take it now..taste isnt greatest but no issues with my stomach

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
I like bulk creatine I've got a kilo for $18. I also like green bulge and there used to be a creatine called EAS Phosphagen..but bulk is more than fine

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I like bulk creatine I've got a kilo for $18. I also like green bulge and there used to be a creatine called EAS Phosphagen..but bulk is more than fine
Yup..Hi Tech has the rights to make Phosphagen now

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
To add onto your statement I don't think there has been one case where someone has died from AAS, yet millions die from Cigarettes. One of them is not legal.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To add onto your statement I don't think there has been one case where someone has died from AAS, yet millions die from Cigarettes. One of them is not legal.
Maybe not directly but look at all the pros and ammatures who have died from heart failure. At very young ages too.

sespress

Awards
Maybe not directly but look at all the pros and ammatures who have died from heart failure. At very young ages too.
So I'm a firm believer in moderation. I don't know how many of the people you're referring to overused but I would bet on quite a few. If you run steroids, take care in the use, take adequate breaks and don't run them back to back for years (run, pct, break, run repeate) I don't see them causing lasting damage to a body.

I think one of the big issues might be that you can't really talk to most doctors about this and get good guidance, pharma quality gear (for some), and have insurance cover regular testing. So you end up in the dark on potentially damaging effects. If you could pop into the doc office and tell them you wanted these things, and could get them, you would go that route. The doc could refuse you if you had just done it and it was too soon. In that case I'd also bet most would wait so they could get it from a reliable source.

There is, however, an undeniable tenancy to run more often, at heavier doses, with shorter breaks, or in increasingly complex stacks. Feeling like superman is pretty awesome, so potential for abuse exists. There could also be major bad news in the combination of two or more benign components to a stack, especially with new gear, new peptides. Some of that stuff is known and some won't be for a long time, if ever. Think of how grapefruit was suddenly on all these medication bottles with a warning. Who knew that was coming down the line? Not the guy that had one everyday with breakfast and his lipitor, thinking he was eating right and taking meds to lower his cholesterol... Whoops.

But like I said I think if you do this sparingly and monitor yourself much as possible you can get a jump on any bad effects and desist immediately. My current run is the first in 5 years since the last. The last run was real gear (Winny) preceded by two years and some now illegal PH at that time. I might not have done anything again if I did not end up in a bad car accident and find myself having major trouble rebuilding my body. So far I've been pleased at my progress and lack of reinjury. After this PH cycle I'll be off for a few months and then I'll probably go for a real AAS run (didn't want to start out with that simply because I felt I might not have been able to take full advantage of it). I'm going to give myself about 8 months after the real gear before going back at it again.

So yeah it can be bad, and good. I've found it can be medically helpful even though i talked to my doctor and they told me there was nothing available that would help me with my screwed up joints and quickly vanishing musculature. Turns out there is and they just aren't trained to use these things that way.

sespress

Awards
So I do smoke and switched to the vape a while back, and then started back up wth my camel's again. I agree with you wholeheartedly. I wish nicotine was not on the market. It's hell to stop, I'm down to like 2-4 a day, but getting to 0 is hard. Working out again is helping me reduce it... About the only thing that can. I've got that on my board as the next thing that needs to change. I'm 33 now and if I don't quit it is going to start doing real damage to me soon.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bulk Creatine? SNS Monohydrate

Basic creatine? USP Labs ModernCre

Creatine supplement? OL Triumph. Creatine + PA + other ergogenic goodies. It's a staple

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Zero have died from Cigarettes and zero from AAS.

Many have died fro Lung Cancer where cigarettes are a major contributing factor :)

KimChee75

KimChee75

Awards
Thanks for the info, I'm very interested, if I remember correctly I gained a good amount of strength ( I set some PRs benching 225 for reps), and it never bloated me, which regular creatine does..I'll have to look into this once I finish my current stack..