evening workout PWO's? help please.

ssdx

Awards
hey everyone. i'm looking for a good pwo that I can use after work. i work 13~ hour days, deployed too. i'm lucky on workout days if i can get in 6 1/2 hrs of sleep, maybe 7. i've been taking MP Assault, and i like it better than the no xplod they had at the BX but i can't sleep at all. literally lay there for hours, even after taking melatonin and ZMA. i sleep better after taking no xplode but i just dont care for it.

read a bit about hemovol and white blood 2. i got on the pes deal and have enhanced i can have shipped to me(shipped to my house) but i hear enhanced is probably gonna be like assault.. all day energy :( btw, the reason iw ent with assault, is i tried a sample packet and LOVED it and it didnt keep me up. hit a two PRs on squat that day.

anyway any reccomendations? thanks

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So basically you are looking for a non-stim preworkout to take at night that wont interupt sleep?

ssdx

Awards
yes sir, that something that wears off quickly.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes sir, that something that wears off quickly.
Hemavol is a popular choice.
Omega sports ultima
Or make your own:
Agmatine, citrulline malate, BCAA, LCLT or ALCAR, and if you want creatine, beta alanine (though these two can be taken anytime of the day)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hemavol is a good option; depends what you are looking for in a pre-workout. Pumps? Focus? Increased energy and so on.

Cit Mal, Agmatine, Focus XT are all good options. Products will vary depending on what you are after.

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Should alcar be cycled? Can it be a staple every day?

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
Check out cellucors bcaa's, it contains argentine so it gives stimulate effect but without caffeine or any other stim's.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
formutech volatile is a low stim pre workout, you could use endurance and include agmatine, ae2, or any other bulk product

ssdx

Awards
damn, NP is outta focus XT. i've read some good things about hemavol + agmatine. i'm looking for focus and endurance mainly, but a good long lasting pump would be great. id love to try craze or enhanced, but i work on jets, i cant be tired the next day :/

i'm bout to start a run in two weeks of dthc(4wks)dtp(4wks) erase(8wks) and versa(4wks for now) so i wanted to find a good pwo to compliment them.

thanks guys really appreciate it

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
damn, NP is outta focus XT. i've read some good things about hemavol + agmatine. i'm looking for focus and endurance mainly, but a good long lasting pump would be great. id love to try craze or enhanced, but i work on jets, i cant be tired the next day :/

i'm bout to start a run in two weeks of dthc(4wks)dtp(4wks) erase(8wks) and versa(4wks for now) so i wanted to find a good pwo to compliment them.

thanks guys really appreciate it
Go to the product request thread under nutraplanet in the supplement section and request Stim-free foucs xt,they will hopefully have it back in stock soon :D Are you in the military?I notice you said your deployed.

ssdx

Awards
ah ok, will do. yep, active duty. making the most out of decent gym + lots of food i dont have to cook. lol

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
ah ok, will do. yep, active duty. making the most out of decent gym + lots of food i dont have to cook. lol
Shoot me a PM!

ssdx

Awards
PM sent, Mack. question.. anyone had trouble sleeping after taking nootropic type stuff? my main sleep issue is i cant shut my brain off. its constantly thinking about stuff.. ie different scenarios, situations, etc. my understanding of nootropic type sups is that is enhances brain function, ie focus, memory, concentration. could it be that part of assault that keeps me from sleeping? just too focused on my thoughts? or more likely the stim aspect of it?

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
PM sent, Mack. question.. anyone had trouble sleeping after taking nootropic type stuff? my main sleep issue is i cant shut my brain off. its constantly thinking about stuff.. ie different scenarios, situations, etc. my understanding of nootropic type sups is that is enhances brain function, ie focus, memory, concentration. could it be that part of assault that keeps me from sleeping? just too focused on my thoughts? or more likely the stim aspect of it?
I can say I do not have trouble sleeping after nootropic type products,as long as stims are not involved.I have taken Stim-free Focus XT many times late for a workout and slept fine just a few hours later.The stims in the assault are probably whats bothering you with sleep,I can not take stims past 5 hours up to bed personally or I cant sleep well.PM being replied to :D

ssdx

Awards
cool, sounds good. hoping its just the stims, i really really like nootropic effects. too bad i jumped on the 60 serving tub. damn misleading sample pack. anyway thanks for the info Mack and everyone, much appreciated. if anyones got any comments still, definitely would like to hear your input

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
2 choices

1. Stim Free F-XT

2. Hemavol

If you are running Alphamine like I am, try dosing your last dose about between 4-5 pm, I was stupid enough to dose mine at 6pm last eve, was awake till sodding 5.30 am this morning.

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
1 scoop Hemavol + 1 scoop stim free FXT if needed .5 to 1 full pill of caffeine [200mg] usually will wear off by the time im down with my workout.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1 scoop Hemavol + 1 scoop stim free FXT if needed .5 to 1 full pill of caffeine [200mg] usually will wear off by the time im down with my workout.
Solid advice.. def a good stack! Caffeine does not stay with me long at all, either.

Mike

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would definitly look into POWERMAX. It fits perfectly for what your looking for. Currently there about i believe 11 logs being run on AM for powermax, 2-3 of which are people that train right before bed. They have been loving the fact they get nice clean energy buzz, insane pumps but they can still go to sleep afterwards.

Heres a qoute from someone running a log for PowerMax right now, you can check out his full log in the Log Section

I can definitely tell a huge difference in FOCUS!

Again started workout with 10x1 squats with 315.

Worked on chest. 2 weeks ago I felt a pop in my inner chest, so tonight I lifted low reps and nothing close grip or inner squeeze.
Decent strength but again I didn't push it. Pump was great.

What I like the best is no jitters and I am able to sleep 3 hrs after taking it, which is a plus cause I lift so late.

Arms tomorrow! Lets see what the pump can do!!
We also will send out 2 sample packs(4 scoops) so you can see if you like it before you buy it!

testomonsta

Awards
Hemavol FTW. That stuff gives crazy good pumps and tastes amazing. I only tried the lemon drop but I hear the watermelon flavor is pretty tasty too.

ssdx

Awards
thanks again for the replies. i'll check out those logs on the powermax. seems like hemavol is the way to go. i'll see if i can score some focus xt too. and the caffeine idea is great. Adizzle, who will be stocking it? NP? got a linK? for what its worth, i took 3/4 scoop of assault yesterday and hit back/tri's hard and then hit cardio. 3 zma + 1 melatonin and i actually passed out and slept great. i took syntha6 post wo instead of combat powder too. only two things i changed was cardio and combat powder. i did take an extra long hot shower since we finally had hot water back. lol

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hemavol FTW. That stuff gives crazy good pumps and tastes amazing. I only tried the lemon drop but I hear the watermelon flavor is pretty tasty too.
They both kick ass imo, both get great reviews all the time!

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
They both kick ass imo, both get great reviews all the time!
I am just getting ready to try compete for the first time with ofcourse my obligatory Alpha-Vol cocktail as well.

What's your take on Compete CB?

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
I would definitly look into POWERMAX. It fits perfectly for what your looking for. Currently there about i believe 11 logs being run on AM for powermax, 2-3 of which are people that train right before bed. They have been loving the fact they get nice clean energy buzz, insane pumps but they can still go to sleep afterwards.

Heres a qoute from someone running a log for PowerMax right now, you can check out his full log in the Log Section

We also will send out 2 sample packs(4 scoops) so you can see if you like it before you buy it!

Agreed with the fellas above. It's a very smooth kick of energy, not overwhelming for me atleast. It's difinitely worth a shot, 2 free samples off of Performaxlabs.com

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed with the fellas above. It's a very smooth kick of energy, not overwhelming for me atleast. It's difinitely worth a shot, 2 free samples off of Performaxlabs.com
I train late sometimes , like 10pm, and I'm currently using powermax . Last week, I trained at 9:30pm and still fell asleep by 1, got home at 12. So can't go wrong with powermax. The glycine will take your hunger to a other level....
Seriously I trained fasted with powermax and ran home to have 2 steaks, egg whites and spinach . It was a good day :].

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried a sleep pill? Thats works for me... i sip on some nyquil or take two benadryl... works wonders for me.

Not all the time though....

ssdx

Awards
ill check powermax. might try and grab a sample. hemavol should be here soon! takes forever to ship to APO's :/

i take ZMA and melatonin, which helps a lot. i found if i work in some supersets, it helps me sleep. also switched my eating up, not as much carb intake right before / right after helps too.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
When I'm looking for a good preworkout at night and want to sleep I just make my own mix without any stims. Some creatine, some taurine if I'm working lower back, glutaimine, amino acids (plug FinaFlex Silk Amino Acids, lol), maybe some agmatine or another pump product (plug FinaFlex Max Pump, super awesome vasodilator), some beta alanine. 30 minutes to an hour prior and done. Youll get the pump, cell volumization, focus, and recovery you're looking for without staying up way too late.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
thanks again for the replies. i'll check out those logs on the powermax. seems like hemavol is the way to go. i'll see if i can score some focus xt too. and the caffeine idea is great. Adizzle, who will be stocking it? NP? got a linK? for what its worth, i took 3/4 scoop of assault yesterday and hit back/tri's hard and then hit cardio. 3 zma + 1 melatonin and i actually passed out and slept great. i took syntha6 post wo instead of combat powder too. only two things i changed was cardio and combat powder. i did take an extra long hot shower since we finally had hot water back. lol
something to consider if you're having trouble sleeping at any point would be something like REM PM. And have to agree with all of the recommendations you've gotten as far as stim free pre's. Haven't tried powermax, but have used Hemavol, and definitely love it. One thing to look into next time, if you consider switching up for the sake of variety, would be Body Octane. 3.5 g citrulline malate, 1 g LCLT, and 1.6 grams beta alanine, and l-aspartic acid, which has been linked to fatigue resistance. Any of those options are all great though

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
something to consider if you're having trouble sleeping at any point would be something like REM PM. And have to agree with all of the recommendations you've gotten as far as stim free pre's. Haven't tried powermax, but have used Hemavol, and definitely love it. One thing to look into next time, if you consider switching up for the sake of variety, would be Body Octane. 3.5 g citrulline malate, 1 g LCLT, and 1.6 grams beta alanine, and l-aspartic acid, which has been linked to fatigue resistance. Any of those options are all great though
Agreed, Body octane, Hemavol, and bodyforge 2.0 are the best out there.

ssdx

Awards
caffeine doesnt do much for me honestly. i normally can take a nap within an hour of drinking some coffee. my hemavol SHOULD be here today. taking forever :( did try some craze the other day, which was awesome but i didnt have to sleep shortly after. really wanna try the enhanced now. im hoping the hemavol stacks well with the DTP.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Really? Its low dosed imo.
Yeah but to get anything out of it you have to dose high, like 4-6 scoops which if I remember correctly is around 180 mg caffeine... Not great for a late PM early AM deal. Unless caffeine doesn't effect you much, then...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Indeed! Magnum neutratical opus and MRM turbo driven are also great option
Turbo looks great, though I wouldn't take it near bed due to stims and stimulating nootropics.Opus...yucky

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
I train late sometimes , like 10pm, and I'm currently using powermax . Last week, I trained at 9:30pm and still fell asleep by 1, got home at 12. So can't go wrong with powermax. The glycine will take your hunger to a other level....
Seriously I trained fasted with powermax and ran home to have 2 steaks, egg whites and spinach . It was a good day :].
That does sound like an epic day and more so an epic meal! haha

I guess if it were me, dosing Powermax and/or working out anytime after 9pm would cause me to stay awake at night. I generally get an amplified feeling, endorphin rush after a solid workout + post workout meal. But everyone's different, hopefully you're able to get some restful sleep to maximize your recovery and progress.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
caffeine doesnt do much for me honestly. i normally can take a nap within an hour of drinking some coffee. my hemavol SHOULD be here today. taking forever :( did try some craze the other day, which was awesome but i didnt have to sleep shortly after. really wanna try the enhanced now. im hoping the hemavol stacks well with the DTP.
Good luck with the hemavol bro! Caffeine does the same for me, i can easily sleep with it!

Mike

ssdx

Awards
got my hemavol today with a tub of Compete.. was very impressed by the taste, just like lemonheads. currently running diesel test hardcore, versa-1, and erase as well + staples. back+bis today, even got upper back pump and the skin on my biceps felt like they were gonna rip. but it wasnt overwhelming, to the point i felt like i had T-rex arms lol sipped compete during, tasted great. interested to stack this with a stimmed pwo too. got some enhanced to try soon, should be interesting. gonna try the caffeine another day though, but overall i liked it. got some lights out on the way too, so far iForce = :) thanks for the help guys. still want to try some focus-xt but this is great so far

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
got my hemavol today with a tub of Compete.. was very impressed by the taste, just like lemonheads. currently running diesel test hardcore, versa-1, and erase as well + staples. back+bis today, even got upper back pump and the skin on my biceps felt like they were gonna rip. but it wasnt overwhelming, to the point i felt like i had T-rex arms lol sipped compete during, tasted great. interested to stack this with a stimmed pwo too. got some enhanced to try soon, should be interesting. gonna try the caffeine another day though, but overall i liked it. got some lights out on the way too, so far iForce = :) thanks for the help guys. still want to try some focus-xt but this is great so far
Awesome. Hemavol goes great with FXT

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Genomyx Protocol is solid.

30 workouts providing:
2g LCLT
2g COP
6.5g Leucine
500mg Agmatine..

Great for night time so you can sleep fine but still have fatigue fighting ingredients to let you power through your workout...

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Hemavol is a popular choice.
Omega sports ultima
Or make your own:
Agmatine, citrulline malate, BCAA, LCLT or ALCAR, and if you want creatine, beta alanine (though these two can be taken anytime of the day)
Hemavol is a good option; depends what you are looking for in a pre-workout. Pumps? Focus? Increased energy and so on.

Cit Mal, Agmatine, Focus XT are all good options. Products will vary depending on what you are after.
2 choices

1. Stim Free F-XT

2. Hemavol

If you are running Alphamine like I am, try dosing your last dose about between 4-5 pm, I was stupid enough to dose mine at 6pm last eve, was awake till sodding 5.30 am this morning.
Lots of Hemavol love in the first page - and for good reason, it's a damn good all-in-one, preformulated, stimulant free product that tastes great...as you're finding out right now. :D It only keeps getting better. Lemon Drop is my favorite flavor, although I've got watermelon on hand now and can't say anything but good things.

We've got a few new flavors in the pipeline as well. :cool:

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
Lots of Hemavol love in the first page - and for good reason, it's a damn good all-in-one, preformulated, stimulant free product that tastes great...as you're finding out right now. :D It only keeps getting better. Lemon Drop is my favorite flavor, although I've got watermelon on hand now and can't say anything but good things.

We've got a few new flavors in the pipeline as well. :cool:
Is Hemavol safe for the Mrs too? She loves Compete, (TT flavor), just wanted to try hemavol.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is Hemavol safe for the Mrs too? She loves Compete, (TT flavor), just wanted to try hemavol.

yup, absolutely. Both men and women love Hemavol!

FYI, Hemavol will be available in 2 new flavors as well soon ;)

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
seriously i wouldn't just because the taste andworkouts are so good, the girl constantly finishes my supplies, its like, no, go buy your own tub, this one is mine.

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
seriously i wouldn't just because the taste andworkouts are so good, the girl constantly finishes my supplies, its like, no, go buy your own tub, this one is mine.
I drive a 4 X 4 ...means I have 4 bottles of Compete and 4 of Hemavol.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
hahahahaa nice. glad you're enjoying stacking them :D
Won't lie... Cherry Protocol + Lemon Drop hemavol makes for a delicious lemon cherry drink.