Unanswered ecdysterone any experience ?

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Iron Forged website looks janky as hell.
Yep so does boldanic the company that makes exubol yet it is a very potent product. Iron forged has made some very good products. Looks can be deceiving

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yep so does boldanic the company that makes exubol yet it is a very potent product. Iron forged has made some very good products. Looks can be deceiving
True, except this past order directly from Iron Forged’s website still hasn’t shipped and it’s been a week. Order from TGB if your going to try Iron Forged’s for now.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking at the price of boldanic’s exubol it’s much more reasonably priced than I figured it would be. I’m definitely going to run this during PTC in a few weeks along with MTest and Clomid.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Looking at the price of boldanic’s exubol it’s much more reasonably priced than I figured it would be. I’m definitely going to run this during PTC in a few weeks along with MTest and Clomid.
Yeah I am running the Exubol during my next bulk. Have to take 5-6 caps for a full dose though so a bottle only lasts about 15-20 days.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I am running the Exubol during my next bulk. Have to take 5-6 caps for a full dose though so a bottle only lasts about 15-20 days.
Just out of curiosity, would this benefit someone on TRT?

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recently read on ergolog that researchers experimented on trained and untrained individuals with ecdysterone (highest dose was 48mg) and found thay it increased 2kg of muscle after 10 weeks of resistance training. It did nothing for people who didn't train.
10 weeks of training on any untrained person will yield at least 2KG of lean body mass

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10 weeks of training on any untrained person will yield at least 2KG of lean body mass
Maybe I’m misreading that but I believe it was given to two groups. Those that workout and those that do not and the non workout group did not see any results. I do not believe the non workout group started working out.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just out of curiosity, would this benefit someone on TRT?
According to studies, ecdy didn't effect anything hormonal on the test subjects so I don't think you should have any issues but I'm not too well versed on TRT since I am not on it.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
According to studies, ecdy didn't effect anything hormonal on the test subjects so I don't think you should have any issues but I'm not too well versed on TRT since I am not on it.
Gotcha

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Is the new Kre Anabolyn one of your products @Mixelflick ?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They had four groups of men; three of the groups were already trained athletes and the control group had no training experience at all. The control group saw zero results despite supplementation whereas all three trained groups saw some results at varying levels of ecdy supplementation. The highest dose (48mg) group saw the most pronounced results.

Basically ecdy is banned by WADA so that must mean that it imparts some ergogenic benefits that is not acceptable in organized sports.

Last edited:
Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ecdysterone any experience ?
It doesn't seem to work in humans in any practical sense, unfortunately. Even with the Isenmann study, there is no proof it actually causes body comp changes in actual humans since the situation was not isocaloric or isoproteinic (among other issues with that study). The fact that this hasn't even been remotely shown over the years is discouraging. It would be nice to see some reproducibility under more strict conditions.

Last edited:
poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It doesn't seem to work in humans in any practical sense, unfortunately. Even with the Isenmann study, there is no proof it actually causes body comp changes in actual humans since the situation was not isocaloric or isoproteinic (among other issues with that study). The fact that this hasn't even been remotely shown over the years is discouraging.

Oh look debbie downer shows up to piss on the supp parade!

:p Yeah I'm skeptical, but the wada thing is interesting.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh look debbie downer shows up to piss on the supp parade!

:p Yeah I'm skeptical, but the wada thing is interesting.
lol, yea....damn science. WADA has had it banned for years even based off of insect data, it's a precautionary measure.

I would love it to work. I tried a ton of different high potency sourcings at mega dosing. Sadly nothing, and the research isn't favourable either.

The problem is that even if it might work, we either have major sourcing issues or it requires mega-dosing to make it effective which makes it cost prohibitive. Neither of which are good situations for the consumer at this stage.

I'd save my money until we get some decent research.

Last edited:
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
lol, yea....damn science

I would love it to work. I tried a ton of different high potency sourcings at mega dosing. Sadly nothing, and the research isn't favourable either.

The problem is that even if it might work, we either have major sourcing issues or it requires mega-dosing to make it effective which makes it cost prohibitive. Neither of which are good situations for the consumer at this stage.
Which brands and products have you tried?

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You name it, I've pretty much tried it. Including Iron Forged.

One of the problems Ive seen with many ecdy products over the years is they are a very real concern for prohormone spiking issues (which explains some of the very adamant anecdotal reports). Tread carefully, my friends.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's partly why I chose massmax: it has not only ecdy, but epicatechin, and a few other things. Why waste money on one thing when I can waste it on 5 or 6? That's called bang for the buck, kids, watch and learn.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's partly why I chose massmax: it has not only ecdy, but epicatechin, and a few other things. Why waste money on one thing when I can waste it on 5 or 6? That's called bang for the buck, kids, watch and learn.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol, yea....damn science. WADA has had it banned for years even based off of insect data, it's a precautionary measure.

Ecdy is not on the WADA list (yet)

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interestingly enough they used Ecdysone by Peak which claims to have 100mg ecdy from a Spinach Extract. When they tested for the Ecdy content, they only found 6mg of ecdy per capsule. Also no roids or anything else were found. The group which increased their muscle mass according to this study was effectively consuming 48mg of ecdy a day.

All in all, pretty weird study and not sure on which basis they suggest putting it on WADA.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

This is kind of how I feel. I tried some in the past (awhileeeeee ago) felt let down and then just don’t trust anything nowadays with it.

Or I look some up and they expect some huge dosing so it costs a ton and I just don’t feel like spending a ton when it seems so uncertain.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interestingly enough they used Ecdysone by Peak which claims to have 100mg ecdy from a Spinach Extract. When they tested for the Ecdy content, they only found 6mg of ecdy per capsule. Also no roids or anything else were found. The group which increased their muscle mass according to this study was effectively consuming 48mg of ecdy a day.

All in all, pretty weird study and not sure on which basis they suggest putting it on WADA.
yea, the entire study is bizarre.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you respond like lots of males do to a proven drug (off label clomid for trt), your t levels will be at top of range, or even slightly over - a. that nullifys anything tou think ecdy is doing, and b. why waste money on those other two? its drug that works really well, will not have 1+1+1 - will have 1+0+0

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You know the old adage; if it's too good to be true then it usually is. I don't doubt that ecdy has health promoting or athletic enhancing abilities but nothing that a good diet, sound sleep, and solid training cannot replicate.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think the key here is the source of where the ecdy is coming from. As with any supplement product out there, there are many shady companies willing to blatantly lie on the label to make a quick buck. Many ecdy products out there but there seems to be only 2-3 brands that are actually truthful in what they put in their product.

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You name it, I've pretty much tried it. Including Iron Forged.

One of the problems Ive seen with many ecdy products over the years is they are a very real concern for prohormone spiking issues (which explains some of the very adamant anecdotal reports). Tread carefully, my friends.
That is disturbing to hear. Any published reports of particular brands to be wary of?

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recently read on ergolog that researchers experimented on trained and untrained individuals with ecdysterone (highest dose was 48mg) and found thay it increased 2kg of muscle after 10 weeks of resistance training. It did nothing for people who didn't train.
I highly recommend purchasing the full study, such that you can see the extent to which these researchers went to in order to achieve an objective finding. There will be no dismissing this as junk science. Just today, I read a thread on here about a study showing CLA grows muscle/burns fat. It does nothing of the sort, not in the real world. This is different, a LOT different.

They tested the product for its claimed contents. They tested it for banned/prohibited substances. They tested the subjects for banned substances. They dotted every I and crossed off every T. And they left no doubt as to their findings, summing up their conclusions as follows..

“Our results strongly suggest including ecdysterone in class S1 “Anabolic Agents".

Folks, take it from me: It isn't cheap to test for these compounds/their metabolites. WADA isn't in the business of adding another PED to test for just for fun. It's expensive. Other than that there isn't much to say. Except that there is no ad copy I can dream up that speaks louder than what these researchers found. Today, everyone who used and advocated for Ecdysterone has been vindicated, and in the months and years to come, there will be more to follow..

Last edited:

Tommywantwingy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I highly recommend purchasing the full study, such that you can see the extent to which these researchers went to in order to achieve an objective finding. There will be no dismissing this as junk science. Just today, I read a thread on here about a study showing CLA grows muscle/burns fat. It does nothing of the sort, not in the real world. This is different, a LOT different.

They tested the product for its claimed contents. They tested it for banned/prohibited substances. They tested the subjects for banned substances. They dotted every I and crossed off every T. And they left no doubt as to their findings, summing up their conclusions as follows..

“Our results strongly suggest including ecdysterone in class S1 “Anabolic Agents".

Folks, take it from me: It isn't cheap to test for these compounds/their metabolites. WADA isn't in the business of adding another PED to test for just for fun. It's expensive. Other than that there isn't much to say. Except that there is no ad copy I can dream up that speaks louder than what these researchers found. Today, everyone who used and advocated for Ecdysterone has been vindicated, and in the months and years to come, there will be more to follow..
Is it possible that people in the past have not had great success with ecdy is because although it can help build muscle by activating ERB it also has the ability to activate ERA which could lead to less AR expression and potentially less testosterone being manufactured by the body. Taking it with an ERA antagoinst may lead to better gains but most coumpounds that are an antagonist or ERA also do the same to ERB. So maybe taking ecdy with an armotase inhibitor would yield better results because any testosterone that would normally be converted to estrogen will not occur so only ecdy will be activating ERA not Ecdy+estrogen. Any thoughts?

Attachments

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is it possible that people in the past have not had great success with ecdy is because although it can help build muscle by activating ERB it also has the ability to activate ERA which could lead to less AR expression and potentially less testosterone being manufactured by the body. Taking it with an ERA antagoinst may lead to better gains but most coumpounds that are an antagonist or ERA also do the same to ERB. So maybe taking ecdy with an armotase inhibitor would yield better results because any testosterone that would normally be converted to estrogen will not occur so only ecdy will be activating ERA not Ecdy+estrogen. Any thoughts?
Interesting thought, and because I’m on TRT on a fixed dose, I wouldn’t see the drop in testosterone perhaps explaining my success with it?

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

The good news is, if this is true, reproducibility should be no issue. I'd hold off on vindication just yet as we may have another HMB on our hands. HMB seemed to be the next coming until you realize that even a leucine control mitigates its effects to essentially zero.

But this does give a bit of hope for the product. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. It would be wonderful if we could find another safe supplement that actually works.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who has used Synthagen @ 85 per bottle. Is it worth it.
If recovering like you are on steroids is worth $85 to you, then YES, it's worth it!(No Bull!)

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Take ecdy and you gone now. Not sure how to take this article.

http://www.ergo-log.com/how-harmful-is-ecdysterone.html
It is murine, so far from definitive (and probably unlikely). But the fact that it looks like so many people megadose ecdy is concerning.

There certainly should be safety testing in humans to rule out possible kidney damage from ecdy supplementation. The above study was also Sub Q injection vs oral. So that will have to be taken into account.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It is murine, so far from definitive (and probably unlikely). But the fact that it looks like so many people megadose ecdy is concerning.

There certainly should be safety testing in humans to rule out possible kidney damage from ecdy supplementation. The above study was also Sub Q injection vs oral. So that will have to be taken into account.
So what labs should we do on ourselves while we run ecdy?

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So what labs should we do on ourselves while we run ecdy?
I wouldn't spend money on ecdy yet personally. Like I said, I am not convinced by the current research (and having tried numerous products myself I saw nothing, although that is n=1, so you should take that with a grain of salt). There are other studies that have been done in humans where it has shown no change in body comp such as Wilborn 2006. There's something going on here; we haven't been able to identify a mechanism or even replicate positive results.

A colleague of mine pointed out: "ingesting ecdy orally (shown by radioactive labeling in humans) shows that it is ingested in the ileum with bile acids. It gets metabolized in the liver and then excreted in the kidney. Ecdy is too water soluble to be able to systemically enter delivery to muscles, and if you somehow did get around this (nobody has), it may not even do anything."

Also as I mentioned, there are too many bunk/tainted ecdy products on the market, so health risks are somewhat of a crap shoot. There is no real testing standard for third party labs, that's how sketchy ecdy currently is. Price tag is too high for too little return at the moment.

Last edited:
BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If recovering like you are on steroids is worth $85 to you, then YES, it's worth it!(No Bull!)
Any place in the US that sells this? Seems like only available in the UK.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any place in the US that sells this? Seems like only available in the UK.
Make sure you follow the direction on the label.

https://shop.bodybuildingsupplements.com/products/mass-pro-synthagen-x2?variant=20370199299

Suggested Use:

* For targeted athletic and recovery benefits, take 4-8 capsules immediately prior and post exercise, and/or before sleep with 10 oz of juice (cherry/tart styles being best) or water.

I think he has changed the suggestion to immediately prior, mid-workout and post workout.

* For peak nutrition optimization and to boost cellular repair, muscle recovery, protein synthesis and anti-aging/life enhancement benefits, take 2-4 capsules 10 minutes before meals.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I have read the full article and they used Ecdysone by Peak, which is an underdosed spinach extract product that has been discontinued. It does not meet the label claims at all and the results that lead to their conclusion is based on an oral ingestion of 48mg ecdy. The full study is pretty weirdly designed and I am not sold on it. Can't believe that Wada will follow their suggestion.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is the new Kre Anabolyn one of your products @Mixelflick ?
Sorry for the late reply, I don't come here very often..

The answer is no, Kre-Anabolyn is not my product. I was consulted on the ecdysterone source way back when, and it's the same high quality Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract as found in Synthagen (a product I do have a vested interest in).

Both are produced by the same company, which has a 25 year history with Ecdy going back to the original ZOE Discoveries Zebutol..

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wouldn't spend money on ecdy yet personally. Like I said, I am not convinced by the current research (and having tried numerous products myself I saw nothing, although that is n=1, so you should take that with a grain of salt). There are other studies that have been done in humans where it has shown no change in body comp such as Wilborn 2006. There's something going on here; we haven't been able to identify a mechanism or even replicate positive results.

A colleague of mine pointed out: "ingesting ecdy orally (shown by radioactive labeling in humans) shows that it is ingested in the ileum with bile acids. It gets metabolized in the liver and then excreted in the kidney. Ecdy is too water soluble to be able to systemically enter delivery to muscles, and if you somehow did get around this (nobody has), it may not even do anything."

Also as I mentioned, there are too many bunk/tainted ecdy products on the market, so health risks are somewhat of a crap shoot. There is no real testing standard for third party labs, that's how sketchy ecdy currently is. Price tag is too high for too little return at the moment.
You must’ve missed my comments and reviews on ecdy because I had amazing success with it. Price tag was high, yes, but compared to running anything else natural for only a little more? And actually getting enhanced results? Nothing else natural came close.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You must’ve missed my comments and reviews on ecdy because I had amazing success with it. Price tag was high, yes, but compared to running anything else natural for only a little more? And actually getting enhanced results? Nothing else natural came close.
I didnt miss them. I dont put stock in anecdote. There are a lot of reasons you could believe something works. I think it’s irresponsible to promote something with so many issues and so little research backing. That may change in the future if better research is presented.

This is the supplement world, if it sounds too good to be true, it likely is. That latest study showed a nearly 10kg increase in bench. Come on...

Last edited:
diesel x

diesel x

Awards
  • First Up Vote
anyone recommend any good brands that sell real pure ecdy?