Douchebags at the gym...

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Can't remember if we mentioned this guy, but the guy who wants to run from machine to machine putting 26 44lb plates on everything which he ferries from the leg press machine to the calf raise machine etc and all you ever see him doing is carrying plates around and never actually using the machines he's on.

This guy at my gym looks like he's about 140lbs soaking wet and kept a straight face loading up >880lbs on the leg press machine. Then he got pissy because a much bigger guy who shall remain nameless took 8 of his 44 lb plates away from him while he was ferrying them from machine to machine despite him having a cry and told him if he wanted he'd help him carry the plates from machine to machine so long as he pulled off one 90 degree leg press with the ~600lbs that was left on the machine, to whit the reply was, "Fine have them".

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
Thats funny. I'm a programmer as well. Small world.
I'm in IT as well. I was in great shape until I hit that field (active in school, swim team, etc). Then I blew up to 203 fat ass style...had enough of it and cut to 155, now I'm steady bulking up.

IT killed me.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Can't remember if we mentioned this guy, but the guy who wants to run from machine to machine putting 26 44lb plates on everything which he ferries from the leg press machine to the calf raise machine etc and all you ever see him doing is carrying plates around and never actually using the machines he's on.

This guy at my gym looks like he's about 140lbs soaking wet and kept a straight face loading up >880lbs on the leg press machine. Then he got pissy because a much bigger guy who shall remain nameless took 8 of his 44 lb plates away from him while he was ferrying them from machine to machine despite him having a cry and told him if he wanted he'd help him carry the plates from machine to machine so long as he pulled off one 90 degree leg press with the ~600lbs that was left on the machine, to whit the reply was, "Fine have them".
yeah, i hate those guys who try to put the most weight they can on stuff.

Like yesterday this douche put like 10 45 on hack squat machine, skinny dude, and then is there for like 10 minutes and then does 1 half ass rep, skinny skinyy legs.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
hey gang. bumping this. i have some good ones.
i normally lift at home but am using a commercial gym this week.
today i was repping 245 bench (deload) next to some guy about my size repping 95....which after many many sets he decided to kickbox in the mirror.
yesterday, i'm deadlifting 405 next to some guy doing wrist curls. guess whos forearms were bigger.
the tag-team guys, a bit larger than me, squat rack curling with a whopping 65. spotting eachother.
the line formed in front of the nautilis ab machine.
90lb quarter smith machine "squats"

omg really. i'm only 186 and not big, but on every freeweight and machine i noticed guys with 20lbs more than me repping at 50% of my working weight. if you're not going to use it, give me those 20lbs, i need them! haha

jason2304

Awards
Where the hell were you training? Curves??? There's jerk off's like that everyone really.

gymrat5713

gymrat5713

Awards
I hate the ones that come up to you and ask, "What kind of steroids are you taking"...then insists that you must be taking something and does everything he can to get answers out of you. Then even sends his friend (or as they probably call it BFF) over and asks the same damn questions. Then a week later, everyone in the gym has been told by some dip**** that you told him about the massive steroid cycle you are on. lol and I'm not even big but still get questioned

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
That's why I go to Planet Fitness. No D-bags allowed...

CodyK7

CodyK7

Awards
My gym isn't as bad as some of the ones you guys work out it sounds like. I try to go up after 7:30 that seems to clear out alot of the crowd working out right after work is just insane you can't get to anything.

RedneckDB

Awards
Saw a new one the other night. A guy who wanted to dance between sets.

Nothing makes me want to do 'the robot' like hammer curls. I should introduce him to "Robocop". :lol:
Ha there was one of those 'dance between sets guy' at my gym several months back...but he quite possibly was literally mentally slightly retarded so maybe that was why

Cassavus

My gym isn't as bad as some of the ones you guys work out it sounds like. I try to go up after 7:30 that seems to clear out alot of the crowd working out right after work is just insane you can't get to anything.
I'm with ya Cody. I always hit up the gym around 7:30 or 8pm. Everyone's leaving or about to leave. The people who come in at that point are usually fairly serious about what they're doing. Honestly though, I really haven't come across many douchebags. Maybe a couple guys who thought they were Gods gift to the human race. But that's about it. I usually have my game face on, so not many people talk to me. :)

justinc

Awards
a guy at my gym probably 160lbs. dripping wet always walks up to the bench press and puts on 295lbs. No warm up or anything. Lifts it off the rack and only lowers it about two or three inches, barely even unlocking his elbows and re-racks it. Paces around the bench a couple times, puts on ten more pounds and does the exact same thing. I've thought about walking up to him and asking if he wants me to show him how to do it and rep it out about 7 times. LOL.

Cassavus

^^Reminds me of those guys that use so much momentum during a lift that the lift becomes completely pointless. They're just burning calories at that point. Like a guy doing a barbell curl who swings his whole body trying to get every rep up. I mean, sure I could understand if you get to the last rep and you want to squeeze one more out cause you ain't got no one there to help with any forced reps. Even then, you don't need to turn your body into slingshot to get it up. Stupid...

ElectricPulse

ElectricPulse

Awards
What really annoys me at my gym is that all of the treadmills get taken up in the morning which is when I workout by all of the old people who just walk for f(u)cking ever and ever. Then I wait and finally get one and get set back on my workout, plus this one Fat guy who is a frequent treadmill walker I found his wallet in the gym and looked inside of it to see who's it was and I found a McDonalds receipt for a big mac large value meal and I was like really?

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
How about the guys coming in middle of the summer with there beanie hats, hoodie over a sweatshirt, baggy 80's looking multi-colored, wanna make me puke pants, obviously roided up (they all have huge distented guts), lookin at everyone else like there ****. And there all 5'2".

I feel like tellin these apes, get cut, once in your life. Any meatwad can do pro-hormones, real juice, etc. and become a walking meatball that cant wipe his own ass.

I stopped attempting to look HUGE and concentrated on total conditioning ala GSP and Roger Huerta and guys that could kick the **** out of anyones ass. They would have been called gay, underwear models back in the day.

CodyK7

CodyK7

Awards
What really annoys me at my gym is that all of the treadmills get taken up in the morning which is when I workout by all of the old people who just walk for f(u)cking ever and ever. Then I wait and finally get one and get set back on my workout, plus this one Fat guy who is a frequent treadmill walker I found his wallet in the gym and looked inside of it to see who's it was and I found a McDonalds receipt for a big mac large value meal and I was like really?
haha whats the point you could walk all day and not burn that off.

ElectricPulse

ElectricPulse

Awards
Exactly, and then he just is one more person who goes to the gym just to be able to say "I go to the gym!". I mean it's like just get the f(u)ck out then and don't waste my time by taking up another treadmill.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Trainers annoy me when they occupy a bench or station with themselves or towels or whatever while the trainee is on a completely different nearby machine. Get the hell out of the way you aren't doing ****, go spot your customer instead of sitting on your ass watching them.

Also, dumbell hoarders.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
at least the squat rack was free from douchebags today when i needed it.
it was interesting squatting 315 below parallel next to some guy (bigger than me) smith "squatting" 90. LOL

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
a kid at my gym wears mesh shirts, like stripper shirts, does the bench of 275 and barely bends his elbows to do it while his 12 year old brother spots him, he then gets up and hops around like an mma fighter before a fight, he claims he fights mma and he also tried out for the eagles, i mean he did run a faster 40 time than wes welker, he's also been seen in the gym with football type cleats on, not full out spikes per sey but spikes none the less

i must say he is the man though, watching him and hearing ppl make fun of him while he doesn't catch on is worth the price of admission

CodyK7

CodyK7

Awards
Also, dumbell hoarders.
This!! There were a couple of guys that had every ****ing dumbell out they had the 55's 60's 65's and 70's and were using other machines in the gym. I never figured out what they were doing with all those damn dumbells.

I also can't stand when people don't un rack the weight. I went in the gym last sunday on no joke every bench had weight on it there were dumbells everywhere and tons of weight on the leg press and over in the squat rack.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
I go to a "family" fitness center, and the majority of the trainers arent even in shape! One dude is literally fat. Most of the girls are overweight, or old as dust. Makes me laugh.

The thing about family places, is theres a ton of teenagers, constantly hugging all the little girls, LOL. Yeah, you hug em, I will, well, nevermind.

The older guys are funny too. This skinny 40 something tells me he used to be huge but he overtrained and now hes small! That had me laughing all day.

ElectricPulse

ElectricPulse

Awards
I also can't stand when people don't un rack the weight. I went in the gym last sunday on no joke every bench had weight on it there were dumbells everywhere and tons of weight on the leg press and over in the squat rack.
You described what I walk into almost everyday that I go at night instead of the morning. That's why I like to do my **** in the morning.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
well at least i dont have to work too hard racking the weights on things i want to use. guys benching 90, 90lbs on the leg press, dimes on the bar for squat rack curls.that's all pretty easy to clean up lol

ElectricPulse

ElectricPulse

Awards
Yeah my gym isn't full with people who can lift, it's mostly just kids who use too much weight and full of back-archers. Nothing too hectic to clean up.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
How about the rednecks that wear jeans to the gym. Sometimes with their workboots as well. Dont forget the camo hat too.

Then theres the over-sweat guys. They wear everything "sweat". Sweat shirts, sweat pants, hoodies, dont forget the beanie. I guess their covering that roid gut.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
saw some skinny dude today complexing on every machine they had...he'd hop from machine to machine all down the row, then walk to the pull up bar and do a few whole body momentum pull ups....then walk around the gym again back to the machine row. hilarious. not much else too interesting....some skinny fat guys doing whole body momentum "rows" on the smith, fat guy quarter squatting, the usual stuff.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
today at the gym, i was cold blooded and god damn proud of it.

AFter i do lunges, I superset it with Lying leg curls. So i had just finished my set of lunges and had to run to the lying leg curls machine.

An old lady got to the machine before me and she was trying to adjust the height of it, but she wasn't able to twist the handle because i initially overtightened it (specifically so annoying brats can't use it while i am trying to superset). Due to that, she was trying to ask me to help her adjust it (i presume, since she tried to talk to me) but i had my headphones on and ignored her. So she had to just go off and do something else and I got the machine.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
So here is my rant:

1. My gym is two floors. First floor being basketball courts, raquetball courts, swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, and the aerobics studio. The second floor is where all the real work gets done, aka weights. Well I get off work at 5:00 everyday and by the time I get the gym and change, the aerobics class is going on. So the trainer who teaches these trophy wives taking this god forsaken aerobics class, finds it in her infinite, tri-somy 21 filled wisdom, imperative to have her class constantly running up and down THE ONLY set of stairs up to the second floor. So I constantly have to wait until I am mad enough to just plow through about fifty middle-aged, botox-filled, spooge receptacles so I can start my workout. Nevermind the point that there are several stair climbers and treadmills upstairs. My rage builds even now as I type this.

2. There is this old guy at my gym who looks like an aged Dwight Shrute. I get the "I used to play high school football and never moved on syndrome" from him. Basically, if you are around him and you are lifting more than him, he takes it as an assault on his manhood and he just gets pissed and gets a heavier weight than me. A classic "one-upper". I just want to give him the Uncle Rico speech, "If coach had only put me in".

3. I will paint you a picture. I walk into the locker room and turn right to head to my locker. Up ahead, where the mirrors and sinks are located I see Gary. Gary is a friend of a friend of a friend kind of guy. Weird doesn't do him justice. Before I can react, my eyes take it all in. He has one leg hiked up on the couter, one hand brushing his hair, and one hand holding a hair dryer. It was bad for three reasons: he was naked, the hair dryer was being used on his balls and hot his head, and I had no chance to be prepared for this assault on my corneas. Gary had more hair than a wookie. From his chest pubes to his ballfro, it was wookie-esque. I can't even exactly say I saw him naked per se. It was like he was wearing a tangled, dirty, wooly sweater that covered all of him. If you look like this, DO NOT become naked in public....ever.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
bikeswimlive... sorry for your pain, especially in #3. What has been seen... cannot be unseen. I'm so glad that my gym is a small 24 hour place with no locker room, just 2 bathrooms and 2 bathroom/shower rooms, and 2 tanning rooms, so if people need to change they are out of eyesight of other people.

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
When i worked in a well known chain gym here in the uk one guy used to trim his pubes in the sink and not clean it after. also, many's a time i walked in on guys applying fake tan on each other's backs. I really was one bad day away from a jail sentence in that place i tells ya

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Another thing that gets to me is this. My gym has two levels with the cardio machines on the second floor. But they have like 6 various cardio machines on the first floor for disabled/handicap people. What irritates the **** out of me just out of principle is that there are always being used by non handicap lazy A-holes who are just too lazy to walk to up some stairs before ironically using a stair stepper. I mean what if some handicap person wants to use it but is too shy or something? Just pisses me off.

Also another girl set her stuff on the bench I wanted to use and did front raises and curls for 20 mins next to it with 5 lbs.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Before I found my place in this gym, I went around checking other ones out. I went to a family fitness center one time with a buddy of mine. This one is where most high schoolers and soccer moms go.

Well anyway I was on the bench right infront of the dumbells and all, just got done with a set and you would never guess what i saw.

A chinese guy, mid 20's walks into the gym nearly formally dressed. He goes into the corner next to the dumbells, where the two mirrors on the walls meet. He picks up a 15 pound weight. Curls it 6 times with his right. Sets it down. Makes faces, flexes his arms, picks the weight back up. 5 times with his left, does body builder poses, walks out the gym.

It's safe to say me and my buddy where laughing out asses off, and its also safe to say we never stepped foot in that gym again.

Where do people get this crap from?

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
Also another girl set her stuff on the bench I wanted to use and did front raises and curls for 20 mins next to it with 5 lbs.
Girl or not, pick her sh*t up next time and put it on the floor.. I've done it. Who gives a f*ck if some nice piece of a** thinks she can do what she wants. NOT AT THE GYM sweety !!!

And something that really pissed me off last week, this guy is there working out with 4 or 5 of his friends and from the reflection in the mirror I can see him making gestures and mimicking my form doing over triceps extension with a DB (100 lbs) .. He's being a smart a** to his friends gesturing that my form is bad and laughing bc my elbows are at a 45 deg angle in relation to my head.. I've got shoulder problems so it's painful to pin my elbows in right next to my head. So this guy is pissing me off and I'm not a pro-fighter so I know I can't take on 5-6 guys without getting my sh*t handed to me.. I walk back to the rack instead, this time grabbing the 120 lbs DB and with perfect form I rep out a set of 12 with my elbows pinned to my ears... The entire time I'm making eye contact with this guy, and mouthing "F*CK YOU" with a mean look on my face... he decided to leave the area...

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Girl or not, pick her sh*t up next time and put it on the floor.. I've done it. Who gives a f*ck if some nice piece of a** thinks she can do what she wants. NOT AT THE GYM sweety !!!

And something that really pissed me off last week, this guy is there working out with 4 or 5 of his friends and from the reflection in the mirror I can see him making gestures and mimicking my form doing over triceps extension with a DB (100 lbs) .. He's being a smart a** to his friends gesturing that my form is bad and laughing bc my elbows are at a 45 deg angle in relation to my head.. I've got shoulder problems so it's painful to pin my elbows in right next to my head. So this guy is pissing me off and I'm not a pro-fighter so I know I can't take on 5-6 guys without getting my sh*t handed to me.. I walk back to the rack instead, this time grabbing the 120 lbs DB and with perfect form I rep out a set of 12 with my elbows pinned to my ears... The entire time I'm making eye contact with this guy, and mouthing "F*CK YOU" with a mean look on my face... he decided to leave the area...
I wish she was a piece of ass, replace "piece of" with "lard" and it becomes even worse.

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
At the Gold's I lift at when I'm back down in FL on break from school there's and old pro wrestler...

You'll know him as "Mr. AS*" or Bad A** Billy Gunn.. Well he's a monster 6'6" + and 275 lbs jacked...

he grunts and makes all sorts of noise lifting tiny weights, like 20 lbs DB's for curls, but he's cool about it.. people will joke.. "hey, billy can I use that when you're done, my girlfriend needs the 20"
One day I saw him jump up on a bench after his lift, start dancing around and acting like he was surfing a wave.. now anyone else and I would think... WoW.. D-Bag.

Attachments

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
At the Gold's I lift at when I'm back down in FL on break from school there's and old pro wrestler...

You'll know him as "Mr. AS*" or Bad A** Billy Gunn.. Well he's a monster 6'6" + and 275 lbs jacked...

he grunts and makes all sorts of noise lifting tiny weights, like 20 lbs DB's for curls, but he's cool about it.. people will joke.. "hey, billy can I use that when you're done, my girlfriend needs the 20"
One day I saw him jump up on a bench after his lift, start dancing around and acting like he was surfing a wave.. now anyone else and I would think... WoW.. D-Bag.
Wouldn't be the Golds gym In the Daytona area would it?

And my favorite thing to see when i walk into my gym, personal training. This means my gym owner Linda, Is bored out of her mind watching these 50 lbs women lift 2 pounds of weight all day. She even follows them around with a fan so they dont sweat...

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't be the Golds gym In the Daytona area would it?

And my favorite thing to see when i walk into my gym, personal training. This means my gym owner Linda, Is bored out of her mind watching these 50 lbs women lift 2 pounds of weight all day. She even follows them around with a fan so they dont sweat...
Close, about 30 minutes away in Mt. Dora. He lives near that gym, but he still wrestles part time for TNA so I'm sure her's traveling around a lot for them.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Was about to say I live in that area, hit me up when your down so we can lift!!