chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That guy u Just wanna smack n ask him "what the hell are you doing?!"

Before every set of bench he parades around the free weight area and smacks hid chest taking in huge breaths n blowing out like a fire breathing dragon. Then he proceeds to sit down on the bench n scream, scream! Light weight repeatedly. This charade last a good solid minute or two, just to prepare for the set... 60 solid second of chest pounding and light weight. The cherry on top. 155lbs on the bar, I **** u not. Oh and he's wearing a weight belt...to bench... Seen bigger legs on friends 16 year old sister

I just wanna be like yea! It IS light weight a$$hole!I think I did one time just when I finished a grueling set n it just kinda came out. I hope he heard me.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HEY!!!! You don't say that!

Sorry. I've been catching up on the other 39 threads I'm subbed to still...can't believe I missed this.
Actually the truth is I was busy watching myself in the mirror while I curled naked chicks doing les stuff while I drank a tub of protein.
All while wearing all the latest trends in gym wear! You've been hanging around Milas haven't you!?

Hyperion

Hyperion

Awards
Did he just say a vest?
Ummm.. yes, like the one you 're wearing in your profile pic... I don't get the sudden burst of enthusiasm...

Does the term "vest" mean something different in American English than what it does in British English?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ummm.. yes, like the one you 're wearing in your profile pic... I don't get the sudden burst of enthusiasm...

Does the term "vest" mean something different in American English than what it does in British English?
Yes it does.

Hyperion

Hyperion

Awards
Indeed it does, according to wikipedia at least.

Now I get the joke. :slaphappy: It would actually be quite comical if I showed up in the gym wearing hunting attire!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Now I get the joke. :slaphappy: It would actually be quite comical if I showed up in the gym wearing hunting attire!
I was thinking you were trying to go for the Chippendale look minus the bow tie! Lmao! I don't think I could keep myself from laughing out loud if a guy showed up at the gym like that.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
That guy u Just wanna smack n ask him "what the hell are you doing?!"

Before every set of bench he parades around the free weight area and smacks hid chest taking in huge breaths n blowing out like a fire breathing dragon. Then he proceeds to sit down on the bench n scream, scream! Light weight repeatedly. This charade last a good solid minute or two, just to prepare for the set... 60 solid second of chest pounding and light weight. The cherry on top. 155lbs on the bar, I **** u not. Oh and he's wearing a weight belt...to bench... Seen bigger legs on friends 16 year old sister

I just wanna be like yea! It IS light weight a$$hole!I think I did one time just when I finished a grueling set n it just kinda came out. I hope he heard me.
Lmfao!!

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
This thread is the exact reason I bought my own equipment and dropped my gym membership.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
i like this thread. Human beings are fun to watch.

im in pretty decent shape and i just cant get my self to wear a wife beater anywhere, and i have to laugh some of the guys who wear them.

arrogance and confidence i guess, or just being "unaware" lol
You mean wearing a wife beater going out and about? Or wearing one to the gym? I wear one to the gym all the time doesn't restrict my motion at all feels the best to me..but as far as wearing one going out I could never do that lol

locoelvis

locoelvis

Banned
Awards

Sorry I didn't know you were from England lol. Over here a vest like what you wear under a tuxedo...button up v neck with no sleeves. What I have on is muscle shirt/a shirt/ wife beater...Lmao sorry man

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Trainers who don't have the decency to let their clients know that the flat benches are for pressing move not a table for your water bottle. O wait the trainer also uses it for a table.

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
Trainers who don't have the decency to let their clients know that the flat benches are for pressing move not a table for your water bottle. O wait the trainer also uses it for a table.
Ya that sh1t is lame.

jcowens2007

Awards
lol agreed!

Mrpersinality

Mrpersinality

Awards
People who insist on doing their dumbbell rows on the dumbbell rack so nobody can get a dumbbell near the weight of what he's rowing cause he's in the way.
Or when I'm trying to carry my dumbbells and have to make a detour cause of usually three dushbags curling right in the walkway infront of the rack. People just lack common scenes and/or general respect for others

Hyperion

Hyperion

Awards
Sorry I didn't know you were from England lol. Over here a vest like what you wear under a tuxedo...button up v neck with no sleeves. What I have on is muscle shirt/a shirt/ wife beater...Lmao sorry man
No worries mate, at least I gave you guys a good laugh:09:

By the way, what you guys call a vest, we call a waist-coat.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
People who insist on doing their dumbbell rows on the dumbbell rack so nobody can get a dumbbell near the weight of what he's rowing cause he's in the way.
Or when I'm trying to carry my dumbbells and have to make a detour cause of usually three dushbags curling right in the walkway infront of the rack. People just lack common scenes and/or general respect for others
You should bump into them and say "Oh sorry about that bud, maybe you shouldn't stand in the way."

Mrpersinality

Mrpersinality

Awards
You should bump into them and say "Oh sorry about that bud, maybe you shouldn't stand in the way."
I'm telling you man it's ridiculous. Usually it's the young guys who also leave 8 plates on the leg press machine so somebody else can put there weights away for them cause there to ****in lazy to clean up after themselves.
Grinds my gears

GOING4SWELL

GOING4SWELL

Awards
I'm telling you man it's ridiculous. Usually it's the young guys who also leave 8 plates on the leg press machine so somebody else can put there weights away for them cause there to ****in lazy to clean up after themselves.
Grinds my gears
This really grinds my gears as well, raises my cortisol immediately, i have little tolerance for such malarky.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The ppl that want to talk to you bc they think your "strong". They arnt asking for advice, asking what your training for, or anything. They wanna just talk, carry on conversation, or try to talk like they do similar stuff like you care. I use to be polite and reply but now I just leave my headphones in and turn up my music when they come near me.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
The ppl that want to talk to you bc they think your "strong". They arnt asking for advice, asking what your training for, or anything. They wanna just talk, carry on conversation, or try to talk like they do similar stuff like you care. I use to be polite and reply but now I just leave my headphones in and turn up my music when they come near me.
But but but but they just wana be your frienddddd...maybe one day Ill be strong enough for this to happen to me...then ill give em the MEAN MUG.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone that says "when I was your age I was twice your size" or "when I was your are I would lift double that" is a massive douche!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone that says "when I was your age I was twice your size" or "when I was your are I would lift double that" is a massive douche!
I was told by a guy who was obviously higher BF% than me that while I was doing High rep leg presses that he can't do that because he has too low BF% and it is harder when you are lean.... I was like... yea bro whatever, go and take your 10min between your bench sets while do my leg presses....

Mrpersinality

Mrpersinality

Awards
I was told by a guy who was obviously higher BF% than me that while I was doing High rep leg presses that he can't do that because he has too low BF% and it is harder when you are lean.... I was like... yea bro whatever, go and take your 10min between your bench sets while do my leg presses....
When I was your age I could do double that weight for high reps lol

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Ok this was last night. An older guy went through his workout and you could tell which machines he had used by the plates he left on them all the while dragging a human sized duffle bag behind him. When I say dragging I mean dragging

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
Ya so messed up when people don't put their weights away. Poor guy that worked at the gym was having to put it all away.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Went to the gym yesterday to work out and this guy was singing at the top of his lungs sporadically while wearing headphones. Every 15 to 30 seconds, he would blurt out something like Girl, Girl, Girl, Dance .. On The Dance Floor. Guess that's better than the prior day when he was walking around singing about "crackers". The singing just makes me want to smack him.
I think you go to my gym.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Lol!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But but but but they just wana be your frienddddd...maybe one day Ill be strong enough for this to happen to me...then ill give em the MEAN MUG.
I train at a gym that lets do everything I need to do for my training, over 3000$ in powerlifting bars alone...yet whenever im at the gym its all older ppl or super skinny guys that all look like they have never worked out lol. So its not that im strong but that im stronger then them haha.

BlueDemon

BlueDemon

Awards
went to the gym for some back training on monday.some fat**** was in there doing chest.fat arms,fat gut,toothpick legs,wannabe mma.as soon as i was done doing dumbell rows with the 100's for reps he goes over and starts doing them also but with ****-form and 1/4 reps.what a ****ing tool!i walked back over there and pounded out 12 more reps on each side after i was at the end of my routine.then mma fat**** goes over to the lat pulldowns where i was earlier and started yelling and 1/4 repping again the same weight i had it set to.i said **** this mf! time to put him in his place.so i walked over to a bench next to him and propped one of my legs up on it and flexed my quad.he was trying not to look too hard but he couldn't help but notice the huge split on them!i said "got legs?" and he gave me a dirty look like someone forgot to put cheese on his fries.havn't seen him all week!

GameSpeed

Awards
that's why you can't try and be cool with anyone at the gym. just do work, and get out of there. the YIM can be an awkward place sometimes.

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
that's why you can't try and be cool with anyone at the gym. just do work, and get out of there. the YIM can be an awkward place sometimes.
I'd rep u if the app would let me...

So here's an IOU for reps:

::::IOU reps::::

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
I don't understand why people think they need to haul around a gigantic gym bag from one exercise to the next. What's in there kryptonite or some sh1t? Cuz there are gym lockers or just leave the bag in your car.

J_hulk2010

Awards
I hate the dam Personal trainer. That is FAT as HELL giving people advice on how to workout and eat.
example. I used to go the the 24hr gym over here. there was this personal trainer that looked like he was in his late 20's hes looks about 250 with about 90% bf. training another fat girl on how to work out and eat. Im thinking to myself really................. r u FREAKIN blind. HES BIGGER THAN YOU

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don't understand why people think they need to haul around a gigantic gym bag from one exercise to the next. What's in there kryptonite or some sh1t? Cuz there are gym lockers or just leave the bag in your car.
Because some people have water bottles,phones if their on call, workout logs, mp3 players, towels, straps. Not really efficient to carry each item from place to place in a gym

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
Because some people have water bottles,phones if their on call, workout logs, mp3 players, towels, straps. Not really efficient to carry each item from place to place in a gym
So leave the mp3 player in the bag instead of listening to it? A workout log that isn't reviewed or recorded in during the routine? Much easier to carry a water bottle than a gym bag. The bag is a tripping hazard.

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
Or the tool personal trainer. We had a guy where I used to work that would only train girls and their moms and would make comments like "Suck my dik" and other sh1t like that when they are working and kind of leg routine..

Mrpersinality

Mrpersinality

Awards
Really? Multiple mp3players,phones,towels,notebooks? That's just ridiculous man nobody brings two of everything with them to the gym for a workout.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I hate the dam Personal trainer. That is FAT as HELL giving people advice on how to workout and eat.
example. I used to go the the 24hr gym over here. there was this personal trainer that looked like he was in his late 20's hes looks about 250 with about 90% bf. training another fat girl on how to work out and eat. Im thinking to myself really................. r u FREAKIN blind. HES BIGGER THAN YOU
Yeah we got a guy like that at my place. He's big belly'd no muscle trying to teach people work out. I heard him say yeah thats what you want, you want that burn. Cool guy non-the less but your body should kinda sell it self.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really? Multiple mp3players,phones,towels,notebooks? That's just ridiculous man nobody brings two of everything with them to the gym for a workout.
He didn't say you do that if you bring two of everything. He just said that one or many of those items might be in the gym bag. It's easier to haul it all in a bag than to carry each thing in your hands and pockets. It's really not a big deal.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I hate the guy at the gym that's obese and he talks to everyone about his "workoutapp" on his stupid Iphone like he's Jay Cutler or some shyt....
#KillYourselfSlowly

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I hate the guy at the gym that's obese and he talks to everyone about his "workoutapp" on his stupid Iphone like he's Jay Cutler or some shyt....
#KillYourselfSlowly
Thats me :p

nokkT

Awards
There are three guys that come to the gym that I go to. They walk around like they own the place all the time. Only one of them can legitimately lift. Well, after the one that can legitimately lift attempts to bench 405; I say attempts because he used his back and legs more than he used his chest. One friend video taped it on his cell phone while the other tried to spot him. The spotter was struggling SOOOOO hard to get the weight off his friend, I started to walk over before another guy ran over and helped lift it off of him.

Anyway, the guy that was video taping it got the job of taking the weights off the bar. This genius took all the weights off of one side first... as soon as he got the plates off of the one side... WHAAA-BAAAMMM... the bar and the plates on the other side crash to the ground. I was waiting for the bar to catapult across the gym. Thankfully, that didn't happen. So many people looked over and shook their heads.

Now that I mention it, they haven't been in there in a while. :shrug:

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
I don't like when other people work out at my gym.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Admin Articles 2
Driven2lift General Chat 10
B5150 General Chat 182
mikeg313 General Chat 40