Dosing multis high in vit C

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So at the moment I’m taking Controlled Labs’ Orange Triad as my multi. I feel pain in my left elbow sometimes when I do exercises that involve my triceps and I grateful that Orange Triad contains glucosamine and chondroitin.

I currently take 3 of the 6 daily pills pre-workout and usually workout 3-6 hours after waking. If I’m working out 6 or more hours after waking then I’ll take 2 or 3 pills first thing in the morning and 3 more pre-workout.

My current issue is that, I’m not sure when would be best for dosing the other 3 on the days when I workout not long after waking because of its vit C content.
I’ve read that taking a lot of vitamin C post-workout helps to suppress cortisol, however I also seem to remember reading that taking too much vit C post-workout can be detrimental to making gains as it can suppress muscular inflammation too much.

Each daily servin of Orange Triad contains 1000% of your RDA for vit C and so 3 pills contains 500% RDA.
Given this, when would be the best time for taking the other 3 pills? Say, approximately how long post-workout?

Thanks in advance.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't over think it. Days you work out, take your first dose with a meal a few hours post workout.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So at the moment I’m taking Controlled Labs’ Orange Triad as my multi. I feel pain in my left elbow sometimes when I do exercises that involve my triceps and I grateful that Orange Triad contains glucosamine and chondroitin.

I currently take 3 of the 6 daily pills pre-workout and usually workout 3-6 hours after waking. If I’m working out 6 or more hours after waking then I’ll take 2 or 3 pills first thing in the morning and 3 more pre-workout.

My current issue is that, I’m not sure when would be best for dosing the other 3 on the days when I workout not long after waking because of its vit C content.
I’ve read that taking a lot of vitamin C post-workout helps to suppress cortisol, however I also seem to remember reading that taking too much vit C post-workout can be detrimental to making gains as it can suppress muscular inflammation too much.

Each daily servin of Orange Triad contains 1000% of your RDA for vit C and so 3 pills contains 500% RDA.
Given this, when would be the best time for taking the other 3 pills? Say, approximately how long post-workout?

Thanks in advance.
Vitamin C within a couple hours after working out is detrimental. I take 9g powder C every day. I make sure not to take C directly after a workout. My gains have been moving upward.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vitamin C within a couple hours after working out is detrimental. I take 9g powder C every day. I make sure not to take C directly after a workout. My gains have been moving upward.
9g of Vit C a day??

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wow, what made you want to go that high and what differences do you notice?
Read up on megadosing C. For one, people around me get sick, and I end up not getting what they have. It reduces cortisol, so it lowers my stress level. It has an anti inflammatory effect. The more C your body can tolerate, the better. You know you have had too much if you get horrible diarrhea.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I take 6 grams a day typically. I just take a 6 gram scoop and dump it into a gallon of water with 1 pack of crystal light and drink it thought the day. I often drink it before, during and after a workout. It may have an effect, but it isn't a big negative. If you are concerned, just do as others say and wait a couple hours after. Otherwise, just do whatever and don't worry about it. It may have a .5% effect on results IMO.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude

Take two servings a day. Doesn’t matter when, just consistently take your pills.

Lunch and dinner

Or

Breakfast and dinner

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take 6 grams a day typically. I just take a 6 gram scoop and dump it into a gallon of water with 1 pack of crystal light and drink it thought the day. I often drink it before, during and after a workout. It may have an effect, but it isn't a big negative. If you are concerned, just do as others say and wait a couple hours after. Otherwise, just do whatever and don't worry about it. It may have a .5% effect on results IMO.
That is a load of vitamin C. I had no idea the body could handle such. Honestly asking, what is the reasoning? I double up vitamin C vitamins daily but never hit anywhere near that. I'm at about 1000% RDA.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You know you are beyond your C tolerance whenever you have a bad restroom experience after taking too much.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is a load of vitamin C. I had no idea the body could handle such. Honestly asking, what is the reasoning? I double up vitamin C vitamins daily but never hit anywhere near that. I'm at about 1000% RDA.
Honestly, as ValiantThor said above - a lot of my reasoning for it when I started has to do with colds. I have had periods where literally everyone around me gets bad colds and I don't even try to avoid it and I never get what was going around. In the rare case (maybe every 3 years?) That there is something bad going around and I do start to get it, I I create the dose to 50-100 grams a day and I am usually fine in 24-36 hours. It sounds like bro science and maybe it is...I don't know, but I've gone periods without and periods with and I believe it works.

It also helps with inflammation and cortisol levels, etc. There is a lot of info out there, much of which seems like pseudoscience to me and makes me question, but I do it anyway. You can buy a kg of powder for $30-35 and that is 200 days at 5 grams a day...so it's about $5-6 a month.

Supposedly the big risk is kidney stones, but that's why I mix it in a gallon of water, to make sure I have a good fluid/vitamin c balance. Beyond that and the sh1ts if you exceed your bowel tolerance, it's pretty low risk to dose high.

You know you are beyond your C tolerance whenever you have a bad restroom experience after taking too much.
Yeah. I would recommend most people start at 2-3 grams for a few weeks, then go to 4 for a couple weeks, then go to 5-6. Most people can handle 3 grams a day no problem in my experience and can easily build to 6 with very little time. As you said, if you exceed it the downside is the sudden run to the toilet with projectile water streaming out your rear. It isn't painful, but it also isn't exactly convenient.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eric42952 Anabolics 16
Anabolics 32
SatishOG Cycle Logs 9
cruze1911r1 Anabolics 37
Peptide/Research 1