Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The radical left hates Trump so much, it would benefit them greatly to have covid cases high..this leads to government mandated shut down, and subsequent economic collapse.

Then they can blame Trump for the economy...and say he mishandled Covid. Then, they can sneak Biden in to office. Why don't you just worry about New Zealand politics..
So the whole world is doing this so Trump doesnt get voted in? Got it.

That's not crazy at all. Nope, that's a completely rational thought.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You used the CDC for support??? Lol

Whats next...using the W.H.O as a source
I'd rather the CDC and WHO than your facebook friends LOL. Let's not forget that you literally cited the CDC yourself just a page or two back. You're doing a Trump.

This isnt anti-covid, this is anti-intellectualism.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
images.jpeg-26.jpeg

Trump criticized Obama for golfing during Ebola when 11 US citizens were infected. Trump last played golf on 12th July 2020 when almost 140,000 people in the US have died.

Nope, not a walking contradiction at all. At least he's consistently contradicting himself.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Jiigzz

wow, man been awhile since i've seen you this riled up. :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'll also repeat myself, I'm impartial to Republican or Democrats. I find myself aligning more toward liberal thinking, but not so much that I'd be disappointed in a more conservative leader.

However I dont think Trump has good leadership qualities. He may have some good policies, but he is incredibly divisive, and he seems to revel in it.

We have an opposition party leader who I wouldnt vote for simply because she is divisive. I'd vote for our National Party if they had a good leader as some of their policies reflect better what I believe in. However Jacinda has shown that she is an incredibly empathetic leader and I have huge respect for her. So even though I dont agree with everything she stands for, I am proud to have her as my prime minister.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Double

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You think you're respected huh lmao
Yeah, actually. This is more than a political s**t posting forum. In terms of supplement discussion, I’d say I’m actually pretty damn respected and knowledge, if I say so myself. Not sure about you though bub. What have you contributed to these forums besides bad math and grammar?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd rather the CDC and WHO than your facebook friends LOL. Let's not forget that you literally cited the CDC yourself just a page or two back. You're doing a Trump.

This isnt anti-covid, this is anti-intellectualism.
He contradicts himself nearly every time he posts. It’s almost impressive.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
nHuqxE6.jpeg

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I dont know why I'm so passionate about this lol.

I'm just ready for the world to open back up again
tbh i think the worst is yet to come, fall and winter could really be bad.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So the whole world is doing this so Trump doesnt get voted in? Got it.

That's not crazy at all. Nope, that's a completely rational thought.
Some people actually think that foreign pharmaceutical companies are waiting on releasing finished COVID treatments for after the US election because they all want Trump out of office. Yes, yo I heard that right. I’m sure a foreign pharmaceutical company is sitting on being the first to market with what would be literally billions of dollars and a ton of prestige just because they don’t want a foreign leader to win an election. That’s right, they’re risking leaving billions of dollars on the table, and costing lives, because they don’t like a foreign leader.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, these little creatures proved to be summer proof and we are just getting started.

There are millions of people on Pandemic insurance that has set to expire on the 25th. Nothing has passed yet, and if they do it probably wont be the same.

Fall is around the corner and I really do think the virus will ramp up.

This is the first year in almost 10 years Im not traveling to China. Freaking sucks.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I hope not.

I know the economy probably wouldnt survive a lockdown if implemented now because of how widespread it already is, but I really dont understand why people are fighting so passionately against protecting others.

IMG_20200421_193420_475.jpeg

Here's a photo of a cute Alpaca.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
to bad they didn't publish that study back in march when fauci was saying unnecessary to wear masks-eh?
There has never been a true reason to do a study like this before. Thats how science works - you propose a hypothesis and then test it. Just because no one proposed the hypothesis and it was never tested specifically for a novel disease doesnt detract from the fact that the science is now catching up and recommendations can now be made based on this data.

Was it a mistake not to recommend them - yes. But as far as i can tell, the reasoning behind this was because he didnt want people drawing from the supply of front line workers, who ARE a priority when the recommendations for the general population is to STAY HOME (and thus, not need a mask). They also had never tested cloth masks, but once they figured out a triple layered cotton mask had ~95% of the efficacy of an N95, the recommendation was made.

Last edited:
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope not.

I know the economy probably wouldnt survive a lockdown if implemented now because of how widespread it already is, but I really dont understand why people are fighting so passionately against protecting others.
Human nature is to have a sense of autonomy.

Now, I dont see what the big deal is wearing a face covering myself but people dont like to be forced to do things. Thats just the way it is.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
to bad they didn't publish that study back in march when fauci was saying unnecessary to wear masks-eh?
All the studies I have seen so far are hit and miss and have their problems. I dunno its controversial for a reason, but Im leaning towards a plus over a negative at this stage but proper handling is really important.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I hope not.

View attachment 195738

Here's a photo of a cute Alpaca.
i've heard of round 2 being called covid 20, and being much deadlier.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Now, I dont see what the big deal is wearing a face covering myself but people dont like to be forced to do things. Thats just the way it is.
Yeah I can see that. But people are literally stabbing and shooting each other over it. That's crazy

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
i've heard of round 2 being called covid 20, and being much deadlier.
Now that it has spread between so many people, it's just a matter of time until it either mutates itself into something less harmful or more harmful.

Viruses are incredibly interesting. So complex, yet also so necessary for life on earth. Lots of viruses help maintain our atmosphere

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I can see that. But people are literally stabbing and shooting each other over it. That's crazy
and they want to defund the police?????

that is truly crazy

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some people actually think that foreign pharmaceutical companies are waiting on releasing finished COVID treatments for after the US election because they all want Trump out of office. Yes, yo I heard that right. I’m sure a foreign pharmaceutical company is sitting on being the first to market with what would be literally billions of dollars and a ton of prestige just because they don’t want a foreign leader to win an election. That’s right, they’re risking leaving billions of dollars on the table, and costing lives, because they don’t like a foreign leader.
Holding out on a vaccine or cure to keep Trump from getting re-elected is pretty far out there. Holding out for a more profitable vaccine or cure is more than likely the case.

It’s a virus that can be killed with sanitizer and hand soap, only flies 6 ft, and is completely crippled by a face covering. How hard could it possibly be?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Now that it has spread between so many people, it's just a matter of time until it either mutates itself into something less harmful or more harmful.

Viruses are incredibly interesting. So complex, yet also so necessary for life on earth. Lots of viruses help maintain our atmosphere
i pray i am wrong, but i worry this will mutate into something worse.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
and they want to defund the police?????

that is truly crazy
Yeah, it really is crazy. I hope they still get enough to perform their duties.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why do we keep reverting back to early statements made in February? Evidence and data take time with something novel/new. Mask recommendations are without a doubt from NEW data helpful in slowing the spread/transmission.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I 100% feel this will be the case as well. Last spring was just a warm up round and this virus still has a great deal of people left to infect. We will see more symptomatic and severe cases again with the seasonal changes ahead. We are going to be in for a very long winter.

I know it’s not you saying this, but they aren’t being forced to do anything. Nobody said they have to shop at any particular store, or any store for that matter. Those are just the terms to be able to do so. For one, employers need to do their best to preserve the health of their employees in order to have the personnel to stay open and provide services/goods to the public.
That’s how we currently sustain meaningful movements and save lives in this country (y)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Why do we keep reverting back to early statements made in February? Evidence and data take time with something novel/new. Mask recommendations are without a doubt from NEW data helpful in slowing the spread/transmission.
wow...i can remember over 10 years ago being told if you have a cough or sneezing[cold/flu]symptoms to wear a mask in doctors offices and hospitals. they have known for over a decade that masks help prevent spread of disease.

isn't covid19 MORE contagious that the cold or flu?

new data--yeah like decades old-new.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
wow...i can remember over 10 years ago being told if you have a cough or sneezing[cold/flu]symptoms to wear a mask in doctors offices and hospitals. they have known for over a decade that masks help prevent disease.

This^

Mask use was discouraged at first because we didn't have adequate stockpiles in the US. I have my opinions on the reasons for said shortages but I digress.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This^

Mask use was discouraged at first because we didn't have adequate stockpiles in the US. I have my opinions on the reasons for said shortages but I digress.
yeah, and then when they did say to wear a mask they also said covering face with cloth like a towel or bandana would be good, so that excuse don't hold water...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This^

Partly, and this came across as the priority issue, but the greatest infection disease expert in the Milky Way Galaxy had other issues with it, some of which I bring up all the time.

Fauci back in March

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There has never been a true reason to do a study like this before. Thats how science works - you propose a hypothesis and then test it. Just because no one proposed the hypothesis and it was never tested specifically for a novel disease doesnt detract from the fact that the science is now catching up and recommendations can now be made based on this data.

Was it a mistake not to recommend them - yes. But as far as i can tell, the reasoning behind this was because he didnt want people drawing from the supply of front line workers, who ARE a priority when the recommendations for the general population is to STAY HOME (and thus, not need a mask). They also had never tested cloth masks, but once they figured out a triple layered cotton mask had ~95% of the efficacy of an N95, the recommendation was made.
@BigT, what ya think?

Last edited:
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This^

Didn’t China stop exporting masks and other PPE once they knew they were going to be needing it? So probably much earlier than the beginning of 2020 😜

I can say we were short on surgical masks (among other things) in the very beginning stages at my hospital. I had to run around a few floors one day just to find one for myself, as this was the point when we weren’t required to routinely wear one yet.

I think there was a legit supply issue, but they also probably didn’t want to induce more panic either. People were much more “panickey” in those early stages. Of course this didn’t work out so well for more than a few people though...

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_7188.JPG

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn’t China stop exporting masks and other PPE once they knew they were going to be needing it? So probably much earlier than the beginning of 2020 😜

I can say we were short on surgical masks (among other things) in the very beginning stages at my hospital. I had to run around a few floors one day just to find one for myself, as this was the point when we weren’t required to routinely wear one yet.

I think there was a legit supply issue, but they also probably didn’t want to induce more panic either. People were much more “panickey” in those early stages. Of course this didn’t work out so well for more than a few people though...
There were Chinese citizens buying entire store inventories sending it back to China making a nice little fortune for themselves.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There were Chinese citizens buying entire store inventories sending it back to China making a nice little fortune for themselves.
VVVV This below was the kind of stuff that was happening when nobody really knew here what was about to come, but this was being done after the purchase limit was established. Video comes with full translation, I know a tiny bit of Chinese I think its accurate. Video was originally directed for her customers in China to get them excited. I know there was another video somewhere where net-citizens in China were embarrassed and condemned what she did (Many Chinese are all about "saving face," in this case, saving face of the motherland) and she posted a response making herself the victim.

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wow...i can remember over 10 years ago being told if you have a cough or sneezing[cold/flu]symptoms to wear a mask in doctors offices and hospitals. they have known for over a decade that masks help prevent spread of disease.

Yeah, We’ve known the flu is airborne via air droplets. Again, the WHO/CDC were still gathering data on transmissibility, incubation time, life/death on surfaces and how long the virus is suspended IF airborne on coronavirus. So yes, new data.

And, let’s not act like the statement wasn’t ever made that we shouldn’t use PPE so we do not shorthand healthcare frontlines.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@BigT, what ya think?
i think as soon as they started recommending wearing masks they also said towels and bandana's would also work...i even remember the surgeon general showing examples of bandanas being used.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thought you guys might find this interesting?

https://www.health.govt.nz/system/files/documents/pages/review_of_science_and_policy_around_face_masks_and_covid-19-15may2020.pdf

Should add that this is in the context of NZ. We haven't been required to wear masks yet as we only have 22 active cases and went through a lockdown at <100 cases (IIRC) which then rocketed to over 1000 while under level 4 lockdown (basically you couldnt leave your house except for essential travel).

They have said if case numbers grow again and community transmission gets observed, infected areas will get locked down again and masks may be required in public, however this will hopefully prevent another nationwide lockdown (in order to keep the economy stimulated).

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
What are your guys thoughts on Pizza Gate?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Is everyone on board with the secret police detaining protesters/ rioters?

Sounds to me like they were arresting rioters, but dont really know enough

Does anyone else know more?

Last edited: