justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That amendment was written when it took 1-3 minutes to load a rifle and shoot it. We can amend them thanks. I know that much smart guy.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That amendment was written when it took 1-3 minutes to load a rifle and shoot it. We can amend them thanks. I know that much smart guy.
It was also written when what they had was closer to the equivalent of what they would need to fight against, so you can argue that you should amend them to allow for greater equal powers in society to continue to match the evils with an equivalent force.

George Washington is ROFLing at you right now...."yea right, Ill downgrade to slingshots to fight drone dropping nuclear waste on the citizens and all controlled by teenagers, RROOOFFFLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!"

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That makes no sense when you really think about it.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should ask the 11 million+ Uighurs in Xinjiang Province what they think. Id bet they quickly agree with you, for sure!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For somebody who thinks this is the era of Donbarf Dump's white supremacist nazi apocalypse I actually would have thought you would be jacked with metal by now, lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my memory is weak and I admit this...but when Hillary Clinton called trump supporters deplorables it was the 1st time I can remember a politician attacking a rival politicians supporters...since then it has been a politcal 'war'

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my memory is weak and I admit this...but when Hillary Clinton called trump supporters deplorables it was the 1st time I can remember a politician attacking a rival politicians supporters...since then it has been a politcal 'war'
If there is a white supremacy apocalypse perhaps that triggered it and empowered them rather than Dump's consistently retarded tweets (sure doesnt help.) Plus free around the clock advertisement on mainstream media.

Last edited:
jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Someone's never heard of the puckle gun, I see. You know what else that amendment applied to back then? Warships, cannons, etc. Fleets of them, even.

It was never simply about small-arms.

Lastly, you are 100% correct that it can be amended, but so far as I know, 0 politicians are discussing amendment of the Constitution. They are actively discussing simple majority legislation that violates the Constitution. If you think you can get an amendment ratified to repeal or modify the 2nd, then I fully support you advocating for it, but don't get your hopes up.

All that has nothing to do with your erroneous use of the term 'assault rifle' though, which is a term you clearly do not understand, as that was my comment to you. The explanation of the 2A was for the Australian observer of US politics; that's why it was posted in response to his quoted post.

Last edited:
BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Someone's never heard of the puckle gun, I see. You know what else that amendment applied too back then? Warships, cannons, etc. Fleets of them, even.

It was never simply about small-arms.

Lastly, you are 100% correct that it can be amended, but so far as I know, 0 politicians are discussing amendment of the Constitution. They are actively discussing simple majority legislation that violates the Constitution. If you think you can get an amendment ratified to repeal or modify the 2nd, then I fully support you advocating for it, but don't get your hopes up.

All that has nothing to do with you erroneous use of the term 'assault rifle' though, which is a term you clearly do not understand, as that was my comment to you. The explanation of the 2A was for the Australian observer of US politics; that's why it was posted in response to his quoted post.
Please define for me?

I am no firearms expert.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If there is a white supremacy apocalypse perhaps that triggered it and empowered them rather than Dump's consistently retarded tweets. Plus free around the clock advertisement on mainstream media.
of the 917 hate groups 450 [roughly 50% are white] with the largest number being in California [of all places]

450 'groups', I couldn't find numbers on members but my guess is 5,000 or less total....southern poverty admits most just promote white supremacy music and are non-violent.

with only half of hate groups being white supremists who accounts for the other half? better question why don't we know who they are?

Reactions: ax1
jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please define for me?

I am no firearms expert.
An 'assault rifle' has to have select-fire capacity. That is, it needs to be able to fire in semi-automatic as well as automatic cycling.

In the US, you can nominally own assault rifles, but nothing manufactured after 1986, and they cost tens of thousands of dollars. To my knowledge, there have been 0 shootings with assault rifles in recent history.

Civilian owned sporting rifles like the AR-15 are aesthetically similar to assault rifles like the M4A1 (they are modeled after them), but they cannot have automatic fire capability in order to be legally purchased.

Our media, and gun control advocates, generally conflate the 2 classes of weapons because they know that the average American doesn't believe people need actual military assault rifles, and that they don't know the difference between them.

Recently, the language has changed to use a relatively new term, 'assault weapon'. This is not a well-defined phrase, but generally is just any semi-auto weapon that has 1 or more of a variety of features that legislators don't happen to like.

Really, the focus on both is misdirected, as rifles (of all kinds) only account for ~4% of gun homicides each year. More people are killed with blunt objects (hammers, etc.) than rifles each year, so the focus on them is odd. Handguns are by far the largest issue when talking about gun violence in the US.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
talk about hate...Hollywood is getting ready to release THE HUNT.

elite liberals stalking and killing trump supporters.

'nothing better than going out to the manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables'.

geez

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
want some hate...google reza aslan.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

'nothing better than going out to the manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables'.

geez
How do you know they are Trump supporters?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn. Now I see. I didn’t get that picture from the imdb “info” either when I looked.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

geez
You'll make excuses all day long over real killings and what supposedly doesn't influence their cause, but your panties are in a bunch over a movie?!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is something I dont take lightly and havent done so since last year...

jimbuick is being awarded a gold star for being best dump thread contributor this past week. I think its his second, last year I think I gave him one for being the biggest butthole, or maybe someone else but whatever, he is on a positive roll and I genuinely been digging him lately!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You'll make excuses all day long over real killings and what supposedly doesn't influence their cause, but your panties are in a bunch over a movie?!
aww..sounds likeyour the one who's panties are in
lol...panties in a bunch-I haven't heard that since high school in the 70's. people still say that?

far out, man!!!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is not a dictatorship or oligarchy. We can impeach and vote out those we want. I believe that.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wow-a quadruple post, dang!!!

4thewin, lol.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
aww..sounds likeyour the one who's panties are in

lol...panties in a bunch-I haven't heard that since high school in the 70's. people still say that?

far out, man!!!
I'm not the one freaking out over a movie! I'll be the one laughing when Trump takes your guns away though. Good thing the government doesn't have access to your medical records...oh wait lmao

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So the founding fathers cried for liberty, while they held slaves. Demanded the power of the vote for only a chosen few. And established a reasonable " well regulated" right to bear arms. Are we really considering their opinions, or interpretations there of, at the time, to be gospel?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"The love, the respect, for the office of the presidency. It was, I wish you could have been in there to see it." These are his first public comments after visiting the victims of two mass shootings and they're about how much love THEY showed HIM. The narcissism is staggering.

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So the founding fathers cried for liberty, while they held slaves. Demanded the power of the vote for only a chosen few. And established a reasonable " well regulated" right to bear arms. Are we really considering their opinions, or interpretations there of, at the time, to be gospel?
I pretty much like the original laws as written for the most part, and make sure it applies to everyone who is a legal citizen and have these laws protected as is for the modern age.....but really the Constitution and Bill of Rights is already long dead and is just a museum piece anyway. It only applies when convenience for the government and ceremonial purposes. Basically, I support restoration rather than protection since there is nothing to protect anymore, lol

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
"The Obama rule that Trump nullified had added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their financial affairs to the national background check database."

The problem is that the term "mentally ill" gets easily exploited and people who have financial difficulties shouldnt be suppressed their 2nd Amendment rights. You just end up with violent gun free broke slums like liberal cities such as NYC and Chicago where poor people cant defend themselves from gangs running the joints and people are too scared to call the cops because they will shoot them too. Plus national databases run by the government are dangerous to public safety.
If someone is getting a SS check for mental illness it means they're so mentally ill they can't hold down a job. Similarly, someone declared unfit to handle their own finances is not just someone being bad at budgeting. Typically it's reserved for elderly people with severe dementia or compulsive gamblers.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You're saying they're all triggered by one woman saying something mean about them? Seems extreme to me.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If someone is getting a SS check for mental illness it means they're so mentally ill they can't hold down a job. Similarly, someone declared unfit to handle their own finances is not just someone being bad at budgeting. Typically it's reserved for elderly people with severe dementia or compulsive gamblers.
Id be down for mentally ill people or cumpulsive gamblers convicted of a crime with proper due process in front of a jury (not like something similar to FISA court) or plot have their gun rights away taken from them. Other than that why are people afraid of elder people with severe dementia? To strip them of their gun license is comical. If one came up to me with a gun Id probably just laugh. My last sentence is a joke, but its a point Im trying to make.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to add that was an executive action, which means he is just being a dictator and forcing Federal laws over state rights. He should have been impeached for that.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Let's all just buy an island; start our own government; have our own navy etc... and declare ourselves independent.
It could be a new experiment.

- Steroids (legal)
- Pot (legal)
- ... (Have at it.)

Let's go.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Id be down for mentally ill people or cumpulsive gamblers convicted of a crime with proper due process in front of a jury (not like something similar to FISA court) or plot have their gun rights away taken from them. Other than that why are people afraid of elder people with severe dementia? To strip them of their gun license is comical. If one came up to me with a gun Id probably just laugh. My last sentence is a joke, but its a point Im trying to make.
I'm not sure if the whole dementia part was a joke but just in case: because dementia often comes with fits of violence and paranoia.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're saying they're all triggered by one woman saying something mean about them? Seems extreme to me.
I find her obsession with slaughtering muslim babies slightly more offensive, but I guess society is self centered where sticks and bones break people's bones.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not sure if the whole dementia part was a joke but just in case: because dementia often comes with fits of violence and paranoia.
If there are fits of violence and paranoia that show they are deemed to be a danger to society and proper due process in front of a judge and jury is respected Im all down with that.

Red Flag laws are scary though. They do this in NY already. "Guilty until proven innocent" laws just are not worth it.

They can expedite due process if there are proper suspicions, that would be smart. Threat is found online I would call for an immediate arrest.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Let's all just buy an island; start our own government; have our own navy etc... and declare ourselves independent.
It could be a new experiment.

- Steroids (legal)
- Pot (legal)
- ... (Have at it.)

Let's go.
People have tried that in the past. It never ends well!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm not the one freaking out over a movie! I'll be the one laughing when Trump takes your guns away though. Good thing the government doesn't have access to your medical records...oh wait lmao
the government does my medical records!!!

I gave up my right to carry voluntarily.

my wife still carries so don't get any ideas, she is a better shot than I am/was.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sounds just as logical as saying something trump said triggered shootings.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok, let's buy a small country... lol.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another misunderstanding on your part. The phrase "well-regulated" in the 18th century meant "functioning." Decidedly not meaning an entity that was controlled by the government.

Further, just a basic understanding of the English language is enough to understand which part of that sentence is a dependent clause and which is the independent clause.

The independent clause is the actionable part of the amendment, and plainly states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." It is the only part of the amendment that can stand on its own in a way that would allow it to be actionable.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A bunch of people, including our President, blamed video games for these killings. I have no doubt they'll look in your file and if they see you took an anti-depressant while in college, you're now mentally ill. Oh you took abc for mild anxiety, that's also used for schizophrenia so we'll be taking your guns. There won't be physicians on the board deciding what is and isn't mentally ill, or if there are, they'll be hand-picked for a reason.

I don't see it as going door to door, but if you're going through a divorce or you get involved in a legal matter whether it's your fault or not, your medical history is now relevant.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the government does my medical records!!!

I have gave up my right to carry voluntarily.

my wife still carries so don't get any ideas, she is a better shot than I am/was.
You still have access to it. I'm sure Trump will take very good care of your gun and health care lmao

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A bunch of people, including our President, blamed video games for these killings. I have no doubt they'll look in your file and if they see you took an anti-depressant while in college, you're now mentally ill. Oh you took abc for mild anxiety, that's also used for schizophrenia so we'll be taking your guns. There won't be physicians on the board deciding what is and isn't mentally ill, or if there are, they'll be hand-picked for a reason.

I don't see it as going door to door, but if you're going through a divorce or you get involved in a legal matter whether it's your fault or not, your medical history is now relevant.
Again we're talking about people who are so mentally I'll they're drawing on SS because they can't hold down a job or have such poor impulse control or poor judgement that they are court ordered out of control of their own finances. These are extreme situations not gun grabbing because someone takes an SSRI.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Again we're talking about people who are so mentally I'll they're drawing on SS because they can't hold down a job or have such poor impulse control or poor judgement that they are court ordered out of control of their own finances. These are extreme situations not gun grabbing because someone takes an SSRI.
Like the way the NSA was only going to peek in on bad guys? Or the Patriot Act was about protecting us? I'm like the first person on here to speak up against conspiracy theory crap, but it won't take very much to manipulate the hell out of this. Oh we took your gun, but don't worry, you'll get it back after court. You can't afford to go to court? Guess we're keeping your gun.