Unanswered Does no one have issues with companies copying formulas?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
At least that is what they say. I am not a believer of 100:1, 200:1 or 1000:1 extracts, where nobody knows what is in there. You can only make educated guesses about the active ingredients.

Anyhow, I guess SNS is using plain powder then? Full spectrum in supplement language?
Well, the reason specifics are not mentioned regarding extracts of BLR ingredients is the same reason some like to hide specifics within a prop blend. To give an edge to BLR. So, those that poo poo on the fact that the specific extract and extraction method are not specifically listed, you are calling Brundel liar. He for.ulated products he personally would use first, and who short changes themselves?

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, the reason specifics are not mentioned regarding extracts of BLR ingredients is the same reason some like to hide specifics within a prop blend. To give an edge to BLR. So, those that poo poo on the fact that the specific extract and extraction method are not specifically listed, you are calling Brundel liar. He for.ulated products he personally would use first, and who short changes themselves?
WTF, where am I calling him a liar?

Anyways, I don't think this discussion is fruitful, so I l'll stop here.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
WTF, where am I calling him a liar?

Anyways, I don't think this discussion is fruitful, so I l'll stop here.
Not you specifically. The "you" is in reference to those that are going to make an assumption that it is a not so good extract. Take it easy :).

We live in a world where we would rather assume, and not ask the questions. I like to be blunt, and direct.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think you've gone above and beyond to be honest. You could have probably just linked to the other thread where you already explained, but I know it gets old hearing this sort of thing, even if it is an innocent misinterpretation. There have been companies and will be companies in the future who simply repackage other people's ideas and there will be companies that continue to put stuff out that is "novel" but not actually based on science and therefore doesn't do anything. You guys have more than proven yourself over the years. I've watched companies put stuff out and barely change the name of the product they're copying. I've also seen a company on here come out with products that were blatant rip-offs and have their reps badmouth the original company when they had been praising the original company 6 months earlier. That doesn't create a healthy competitive environment and it certainly doesn't encourage progress, so thank you for continuing to put out quality stuff.

Thank you. I really appreciate the kind words.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
At least that is what they say. I am not a believer of 100:1, 200:1 or 1000:1 extracts, where nobody knows what is in there. You can only make educated guesses about the active ingredients.

Anyhow, I guess SNS is using plain powder then? Full spectrum in supplement language?
I'm staying out of the part of this where they claim that theirs is stronger than the one used in the study or OL's, etc. I do believe that the 5:1, 10:1, 100:1 does make a difference IF you're talking about the same thing(s) that the herb is being extracted for. Note that I'm talking about any herb, not KME specifically.

And please don't make assumptions about what we are or aren't using. The thread revealing the ingredients was meant to be a fun interactive guessing game with consumers and forum members. It wasn't supposed to turn into a company vs. company thing or meant in any way to reveal everything about the ingredients. So please respectfully wait for us to release product information without making assumptions.

Note: OL nor BLR state the exact extracts of KME that they use on their labels and the reason for this is most likely for the reasons that I state in my reply below, especially the bolded part. As much as companies may want to provide info to consumers, the FDA is starting to dictate more and more the processes for what can and cannot be specified and rules for if it is (on labels).

There are a number of reasons that companies don't use more specifics and for using proprietary blends:
- There are companies that don't specify extracts because they want to use the cheapest thing possible.
- There are ingredients that the raw material supply &/or pricing isn't constant on so companies don't want to obligate to a specific one in case the price were to dramatically change they don't want to have to change their price or run the risk of losing money in labels to have to reprint them with a new extract/dose.
- There are companies that do feel like its a competitive advantage to keep their extract specifics to themselves.
- Now here's a big one that most consumers aren't aware of - the FDA is really cracking down on companies being able to PROVE that their extracts are 100:1 if that's what the label says and if the FDA decides to be harsh that can cost companies thousands of dollars per batch. That's why you already see many and will see more going into more detail on their write ups but not listing it on their supplement facts. (For example, the supplement facts I see for Vector doesn't list the % but they do in their write up I believe).
- There are companies that use prop blends as window dressing to add in a lot of ingredients for show but have very little active ingredients; basically to fool customers and keep costs down.
- There are companies that do use prop blends bc they don't want their ingredient combinations to be copied.

No one knows the true intentions of BLR or any company besides the people doing it. I don't think that any company should be attacked for their business decisions like that; on the other hand, its at the discretion of the consumer whether to buy products like that. For example, I myself do understand not specifying the herbal parts but I typically don't buy products with prop blends in them but that's absolutely personal choice.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm staying out of the part of this where they claim that theirs is stronger than the one used in the study or OL's, etc. I do believe that the 5:1, 10:1, 100:1 does make a difference IF you're talking about the same thing(s) that the herb is being extracted for. Note that I'm talking about any herb, not KME specifically.

And please don't make assumptions about what we are or aren't using. The thread revealing the ingredients was meant to be a fun interactive guessing game with consumers and forum members. It wasn't supposed to turn into a company vs. company thing or meant in any way to reveal everything about the ingredients. So please respectfully wait for us to release product information without making assumptions.

Note: OL nor BLR state the exact extracts of KME that they use on their labels and the reason for this is most likely for the reasons that I state in my reply below, especially the bolded part. As much as companies may want to provide info to consumers, the FDA is starting to dictate more and more the processes for what can and cannot be specified and rules for if it is (on labels).

There are a number of reasons that companies don't use more specifics and for using proprietary blends:
- There are companies that don't specify extracts because they want to use the cheapest thing possible.
- There are ingredients that the raw material supply &/or pricing isn't constant on so companies don't want to obligate to a specific one in case the price were to dramatically change they don't want to have to change their price or run the risk of losing money in labels to have to reprint them with a new extract/dose.
- There are companies that do feel like its a competitive advantage to keep their extract specifics to themselves.
- Now here's a big one that most consumers aren't aware of - the FDA is really cracking down on companies being able to PROVE that their extracts are 100:1 if that's what the label says and if the FDA decides to be harsh that can cost companies thousands of dollars per batch. That's why you already see many and will see more going into more detail on their write ups but not listing it on their supplement facts. (For example, the supplement facts I see for Vector doesn't list the % but they do in their write up I believe).
- There are companies that use prop blends as window dressing to add in a lot of ingredients for show but have very little active ingredients; basically to fool customers and keep costs down.
- There are companies that do use prop blends bc they don't want their ingredient combinations to be copied.

No one knows the true intentions of BLR or any company besides the people doing it. I don't think that any company should be attacked for their business decisions like that; on the other hand, its at the discretion of the consumer whether to buy products like that. For example, I myself do understand not specifying the herbal parts but I typically don't buy products with prop blends in them but that's absolutely personal choice.
Agreed, and didnt know about the FDA part

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

And please don't make assumptions about what we are or aren't using. The thread revealing the ingredients was meant to be a fun interactive guessing game with consumers and forum members. It wasn't supposed to turn into a company vs. company thing or meant in any way to reveal everything about the ingredients. So please respectfully wait for us to release product information without making assumptions. .
I am asking a question. If you don't want to answer it, fair enough, but don't write a full paragraph about how disrespectful I am.

Anyways, bye, was really fun being part of this discussion here.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

And please don't make assumptions about what we are or aren't using. The thread revealing the ingredients was meant to be a fun interactive guessing game with consumers and forum members. It wasn't supposed to turn into a company vs. company thing or meant in any way to reveal everything about the ingredients. So please respectfully wait for us to release product information without making assumptions. .
I am asking a question. If you don't want to answer it, fair enough, but don't write a full paragraph about how disrespectful I am.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Curculigo Orchioides
Pyrola
Korean Mistletoe
Cynomorium
Paeonia Suffruticosa
Alisma Plantago
To be clear, on Jan 5th, 2018, I first proposed KME as potentially being one of the newest natty anabolic ingredients before any of the Vector or Kings Slayer ingredients/profiles were released.

Therefore, I personally take KME off the table in this discussion 😁

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
To be clear, on Jan 5th, 2018, I first proposed KME as potentially being one of the newest natty anabolic ingredients before any of the Vector or Kings Slayer ingredients/profiles were released.

Therefore, I personally take KME off the table in this discussion
Ricky the OG

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I know SNS very well. IMO, nothing has ever been brought to market that is nearly as ground breaking as companies like Evomuse and BLR.
I just glanced the BLR line. I think the dude is a homopath.

And, "Rebirth" and topical fat loss in brushed aluminum is original af.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I look at all these products that envision ingredients in their own ways like the Monday Night Wars WWF V.S. WCW...both wrestling, but different presentations...and one of the best times of competition ever. It forces companies to compete and come out with better product. Look at WWE and how stale it is with no competition.
AEW brah AEW.....

Cody Rhodes the American Nightmare

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only thing people should get upset about when it comes to "copied" formulas, is the incorrect/illegal use of patented materials.

Just like in ANY industry, if a company is able to make or improve upon a formula, they have earned the right to sell it. Do you think RC Cola is a "bad" company because they made a cola product after Coke did it decades earlier? Of course not. RC Cola has as much right to sell a cola product as Coke does.

Now if RC Cola found a way to reverse engineer Coke's property, yes, that would in fact be wrong.

If a company aims to keep their product THEIRS and theirs alone, they have 2 options:

1. Use a proprietary blend - This sucks for the consumer. No one should advocate this practice.

2. Patent their formula/ingredient - This is what everyone should be looking for companies to do. If you have any evidence of support, a company can always apply for a patent. Thermolife did this EXCEPTIONALLY well with their Nitrates. HTP did it well with their DHEA prohormones.

If company A makes a product using 5 ingredients (no matter how rare or "never before seen"), but fails to patent the product effectively, it's going to be made by others. If you don't like the fact that company B now makes a clone of it...then you don't have to buy it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

That is one of the casualties of internet conversation unfortunately. I didn't mean that in a bad way at all. I was just trying to explain that the Anabolic Effect thread that got all this started was never even meant to be an ingredient reveal thread; the ingredient reveal started as a fun light-hearted guessing game. My comment about please respectfully wait until we release the supplement facts wasn't me being mean, it was my way of saying please respectfully understand that there are some things I can't answer quite yet. Sorry for any confusion on that one. I was just trying to answer your question, wasn't trying to be mean at all and sorry if you took it that way.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Vaughn has solved the debate with the Coke and RC analogy bc I would be pissed if RC Cola didn't exist :ROFLMAO::p:cool:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just glanced the BLR line. I think the dude is a homopath.

And, "Rebirth" and topical fat loss in brushed aluminum is original af.
You aren't saying that..... never mind, I need to be nice lol ;)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Vaughn has solved the debate with the Coke and RC analogy bc I would be pissed if RC Cola didn't exist :ROFLMAO::p:cool:
If you guys ever want to make an anabolic product that comes in cola form, you have at least one customer here!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you guys ever want to make an anabolic product that comes in cola form, you have at least one customer here!
Ha. We tried to get a cola flavor of Focus XT but never could get it to where we were completely happy with it. With no attempt at carbonation, it tasted weird. With an attempt to make it slightly carbonated, it had an aftertaste.

As for an anabolic product, we did play around with an idea that was so highly dosed it would have had to be a powder form but because of the herbs it was impossible to get it to taste good. It tasted good for what it was, but you know how it goes now - if it doesn't taste like Kool Aid some people won't take it now and that was just impossible for an herbal.

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Ha. We tried to get a cola flavor of Focus XT but never could get it to where we were completely happy with it. With no attempt at carbonation, it tasted weird. With an attempt to make it slightly carbonated, it had an aftertaste.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cola actually does seem like a cool flavor but I could see it coming out weird.
Maybe do a grape that tastes like grapes instead of just tasting purple?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
in 2006 I used e-form. in 2009 e-form was gone. fortunately CEL/steve stepped up and brought topical formestane back to this community.

believe it or not formestane was a hard sell back in the day, I even started a campaign to get sam to carry bulk powder at nutraplanet. it was a risk for cel to invest in topical formestane, as far as I know there was no other topical formestane product available at that time.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

As for an anabolic product, we did play around with an idea that was so highly dosed it would have had to be a powder form but because of the herbs it was impossible to get it to taste good. It tasted good for what it was, but you know how it goes now - if it doesn't taste like Kool Aid some people won't take it now and that was just impossible for an herbal.
There are people that would buy the nasty powder form because it would be cheaper than caps.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cola actually does seem like a cool flavor but I could see it coming out weird.
Maybe do a grape that tastes like grapes instead of just tasting purple?
I tried a cola creatine blend. It tasted like a cola soda top candy. Was meh.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
in 2006 I used e-form. in 2009 e-form was gone. fortunately CEL/steve stepped up and brought topical formestane back to this community.

believe it or not formestane was a hard sell back in the day, I even started a campaign to get sam to carry bulk powder at nutraplanet. it was a risk for cel to invest in topical formestane, as far as I know there was no other topical formestane product available at that time.
Loved me some transdermal form.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Loved me some transdermal form.
yup...hard to believe it was actually a risk to make a topical form product back then....after it caught on several companies jumped on it and made topical form.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hated it when pple started making nootropics lol

Jk .. it’s easy to put out an exact same product for a fraction of a cost if someone wanted to

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
yup...hard to believe it was actually a risk to make a topical form product back then....after it caught on several companies jumped on it and made topical form.
Of course. Always taking away our candy!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Of course. Always taking away our candy!
back then bulk raws were high quality and cheap...I think 3gms of formestane was 5 bucks...at one time I had over 30gms, I almost thought about adding to my bath water, lol.

I loved formestane!!!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
back then bulk raws were high quality and cheap...I think 3gms of formestane was 5 bucks...at one time I had over 30gms, I almost thought about adding to my bath water, lol.

I loved formestane!!!
Ha yes I remember those good ol days

Bulk 6oxo & 11oxo were easy and cheap to obtain raws too

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are people that would buy the nasty powder form because it would be cheaper than caps.
This one wouldn't be cheaper than capsules. The formula itself is/was so fully loaded with active ingredients that it would have been like 15 capsules per day to make it a capsule form; so we had looked at the powder route. We tried a couple different flavors with it and it was pretty rough tasting. I could drink it fine because I'm used to stuff like that but I don't think the average person would. And it was so brown because of the herbals. (This isn't a product that I've discussed anywhere; it was a prototype that looks like its not happening without some changes haha)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ha yes I remember those good ol days

Bulk 6oxo & 11oxo were easy and cheap to obtain raws too
I remember adding 2gms of 6oxo powder to cel-formestane. my wife was threatening to go stay with her mom...the wife was on a rigorous training protocol, :p

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
And Evomuse can’t keep its **** in stock. Which rules out the hardcores who want to purchase it often, which is its actual base customer.

Focus XT rivals anything BLR has done and was gigantic when it came out many years ago. And I like BLR and purchase many of their products.
I love Evomuse stuff, but it is gone so fast i always miss out.

Evomuse alongside OL and Anteaus labs are all in my top 5 companies.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This one wouldn't be cheaper than capsules. The formula itself is/was so fully loaded with active ingredients that it would have been like 15 capsules per day to make it a capsule form; so we had looked at the powder route. We tried a couple different flavors with it and it was pretty rough tasting. I could drink it fine because I'm used to stuff like that but I don't think the average person would. And it was so brown because of the herbals. (This isn't a product that I've discussed anywhere; it was a prototype that looks like its not happening without some changes haha)
All this talk about how bad it would be is getting me all excited. I’d love some of this!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Hey man, if there's anything i know about sns8778 it was definitely not his intention to make you feel that way. You've definitely contributed some awesome points!

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love Evomuse stuff, but it is gone so fast i always miss out.

Evomuse alongside OL and Anteaus labs are all in my top 5 companies.
Anteaus Labs is probably one of my favorite companies right now.
And Evomuse can’t keep its **** in stock. Which rules out the hardcores who want to purchase it often, which is its actual base customer.

Focus XT rivals anything BLR has done and was gigantic when it came out many years ago. And I like BLR and purchase many of their products.
To be fair, Matt does EVERYTHING his self. No team, no reps, no anything. He finances, formulates, and markets everything his self. When you are a one man operation with limited finances and resources, some things are bound to not go smoothly

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anteaus labs is shady..
- shipps from china
- products expensive
- rep no longer in forums
- titan took - next big tomatidine - did nothing.
- ultra test - did nothing in reviews
- too their pump product - felt nothing
- website no updates little direction

And you guys telling me company is in top 5 .. seriously .. all looks nice on paper. Dont waste your money check the reviews

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anteaus labs is shady..
- shipps from china
- products expensive

And you guys telling me company is in top 5 .. seriously .. all looks nice on paper. Dont waste your money check the reviews
It’s one of those companies I want to like but I kind of feel the same.

Evomuse despite all of the issues, SNS/CEL, and I guess I’ll include OL until we see how the new direction plays out. These are my top 3 hands down. PES still holds a special place in my heart as well even if they aren’t quite the same as they used to be. Man I miss OG alphamine

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Please no on the cola flavor, and I’m the biggest soda addict around. Flat is gross and carbonated BCAA haven’t turned out very well. Because they taste nasty. Tasting 90% like soda is not close enough.

Just a friendly FYI... the ones that have came out are both nasty and have really bad reviews. Surely some people will try it, hate it, and blacklist the brand.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Please no on the cola flavor, and I’m the biggest soda addict around. Flat is gross and carbonated BCAA haven’t turned out very well. Because they taste nasty. Tasting 90% like soda is not close enough.

Just a friendly FYI... the ones that have came out are both nasty and have really bad reviews. Surely some people will try it, hate it, and blacklist the brand.
I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to flavors. If we couldn't make it taste great, we wouldn't do it (in the case of Focus XT). Obviously there are some supplements that aren't going to taste great because of the ingredients used no matter how hard you try, but in cases like that we still are going to be picky and make them taste the best they can under the circumstances.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anteaus labs is shady..
- shipps from china
- products expensive

I took their pump product, and it was amazing. Maybe you got a different version than me, because it's my number 1 product for pumps ever!

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anteaus labs is shady..
- shipps from china
- products expensive

Shady?

- Ive only bought from supp stores like SSS and etc so can't comment on where they ship from.

-Products being expensive doesnt make a company shady

-sh!t ton of companies don't rep here anymore. Doesn't mean they are shady. Plenty of good companies have never repped here

-agreed on titan. Didnt get much

-have seen positive reviews on UT

-their pump product worked wonders for me and several people I referred it too

-again only by from supp stores, and I didnt even know they had a website lol

-ive "wasted" plenty of money on the and outside of Titan, I have been impresses. HH6 was phenomenal in PCT , Lipomorph is great as a stim free burner, and I keep their joint formula on hand

Most reviews I see are positive about the company. Maybe I dont look around much but ive only ever heard positive things about them as a whole and you are the first one Ive seen to have a completely negative experience. To each their own though

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Tried the bsn amino ( soda ) ?

I love the taste of soda but I don’t drink much .. maybe here & there with pizza when beer isn’t an option

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I feel like this stuff happens all the time. This is simply evolution of products. If a company is innovative in their formulas I can understand why they would be upset, but That’s business.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar