Does anyone not else wait the half hour for pre-WO?

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
So, I used to always try to time it perfectly that I take my pre-WO, and 30-35 mins arrive at the gym. Recently though, I've just started drinking it right before I leave, and finish on the way there(10-18 min drive, depends on lights). I still get the same energy/focus even though it hasn't been 30 mins like (most) pre-WOs advise.

Anybody else not drink their pre-WO like it says you should? Feel any different?

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
I still time my RPM 1.5 hours before workout as instructed. But I've taken it as little as an hour before and felt it as long as my stomach was empty.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Stuff like RPM, I have to use an hour ahead of time, stuff like liquid drinks I can take o my way and its the same.

Worst case scenario, it kicks in while your lifting and you get a "boost". IMO, but if its alot and right before you lift your body may be too worried about digestion to send supplies to your muscles.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
i have always used a liquid form pre.. i usually have mine rite when i get to the gym then do my warm ups for about 10-15 mins and its usually kicked in by the time im done warming up..

JLT

Awards
I always ate, wait 30-45 minutes, drink my pre and head to the gym (about 10 minutes away)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I just slam it and roll to the gym 10 minutes later...by the time i do a warm up or two i'm good to go

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yep drink it on the way to the gym, even asgt which says an hour, i drink like 20 minutes before the gym, i go after work, and with the food and shaker bottles i already carry around at work, i don't need to bring anymore in.....the only problem i've ever had was i had to warm up alittle longer to get that kick, or i've done a workout and on the next one i felt it kick in and was mad that i couldn't have that effect on the previous excercise

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
caffeine is completely absorbed in 30 to 45 minutes hence the wait time

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards
30-45min is just a base-line time that can apply to everyone. Basically it means the time it takes to fully absorbe and kickin into your system. The companies always want to be on the safe side so that they dont get blammed for bunk products, and end up having some one take there (example)- caffine products 5min before w/o and not feel it till after because there a slow obsorber, meaning there body brakes down food slower than most others. So they use the moderate base-time (30-45min), so that within that time everybody would have absorbed it, it just like garentees it'll be in your system by then. But hoestly when i take jack3d, which has that base-time (30-45min), i ususally feel it within 10min. It just depends when you feel it, you feel it, its working. But honestly i wouldnt even worry about that, just take it before you leave and you'll find that by the time you get to the gym and get into your w/o, its usually like a half-hour anyways.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
take it 10 minutes 15 minutes 8 minutes 6 1/2 minutes before, either way if you get some good stretching in for up to about 10 minutes and then proceed into your warm ups you want need to time it, and if your not a big believer in stretching or warming up then your just missin out bro, drink a cup of black coffee / a little bit of sugar ( not for taste ) and then stretch and do some jump rope, youll be killin it all through the work out and ..... viola no more spending money on pre workouts like no xplode and nano vapor

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Ah, so the time is basically a worst case scenario then? I noticed that when I took RPM(only capsule pre-WO I've tried), I always needed the full time. But for the liquids like Jack3d and such, it only took 10-15 mins before I was pumped.

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards
Ah, so the time is basically a worst case scenario then? I noticed that when I took RPM(only capsule pre-WO I've tried), I always needed the full time. But for the liquids like Jack3d and such, it only took 10-15 mins before I was pumped.
Yea pretty much. The liquids are faster working because there instantly absorbed, its already in broken down form so your body imediately takes it in skipping the breakdown process which could take up to 30-45mibn depending on the person, but even then thats a lil too long IMO, thats more for like food. Tabs/liquid-gels are more like 15-20min. But alot of ppl do like to take their supps with meals bcause it lowers the chance of stomach ulcers and stomach bleeding (for sensitive & elderly ppl mainly).

Thats why its always good to have a protien SHAKE before and after w/o rather then foods rich in protien because that is when your body needs it the most, so that way your body gets it right away rather then after when your muscles begin to close.