Do you feel the same on 250mg Test compared to 500mg?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those numbers are nuts for 160. You would win just about any PL compition at that weight. That is crazy strong. I only train for strength. Not a bodybuilder, but respect the hell out of them. Heck, I got mad respect for anyone killing it in the gym. Good work my friend.
This was a few years ago & I was actually 162lbs. I'm not quite as strong and I am not currently training regularly for anything. I can probably only do 80-90% of that now. I could get it back I'm certain but honestly, I can't come up with a good enough reason to get it back.

I'd rather have 18" arms, 46" chest & a 29" waist. Looks bubbly on a 5'5" frame. To each their own!

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This was a few years ago & I was actually 162lbs. I'm not quite as strong and I am not currently training regularly for anything. I can probably only do 80-90% of that now. I could get it back I'm certain but honestly, I can't come up with a good enough reason to get it back.

I'd rather have 18" arms, 46" chest & a 29" waist. Looks bubbly on a 5'5" frame. To each their own!
I Berber understood why people even care about numbers to begin with. Like ok if some one can bench 500lbs and look like **** what’s the purpose?! I’d rather walk around shredded vascular and looking like a bodybuilder. But I guess to each their own

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I Berber understood why people even care about numbers to begin with. Like ok if some one can bench 500lbs and look like **** what’s the purpose?! I’d rather walk around shredded vascular and looking like a bodybuilder. But I guess to each their own
How about larry wheels? Hes got insane numbers and walks around shredded and vascular looking like a bodybuilder. Thats what i want

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How about larry wheels? Hes got insane numbers and walks around shredded and vascular looking like a bodybuilder. Thats what i want
Yeah like that’s what I mean like you can lift heavy as **** and be in great condition. Like being power lifter fat to so called lift heavier is just an excuse to eat like **** just like dirt bulking.. like what the **** is that non sense. Bodybuilding is suppose to require some discipline and suffering otherwise I feel like everybody could do it.. I dunno just my opinion of course.. but like you said you can def be aesthetic and strong as hell. Look at Ronnie Coleman Dorian Yates etc

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah like that’s what I mean like you can lift heavy as **** and be in great condition. Like being power lifter fat to so called lift heavier is just an excuse to eat like **** just like dirt bulking.. like what the **** is that non sense. Bodybuilding is suppose to require some discipline and suffering otherwise I feel like everybody could do it.. I dunno just my opinion of course.. but like you said you can def be aesthetic and strong as hell. Look at Ronnie Coleman Dorian Yates etc
Type “Chinese powerlifter” into google images. Those guys are the perfect example of what you’re talking about. They’re ripped and they lift verrrry heavy weights.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Type “Chinese powerlifter” into google images. Those guys are the perfect example of what you’re talking about. They’re ripped and they lift verrrry heavy weights.
So why is it that the typical white powerlifter when in clothes looks like an obese person? I don’t get it

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So why is it that the typical white powerlifter when in clothes looks like an obese person? I don’t get it
The Chinese must’ve realized that fat doesn’t help you lift weights. And powerlifting is a weight class sport, so it gives you an advantage to be basically all muscle while competing against guys in your division who weigh the same but are holding onto more fat.

Strongmen are a different story. I think having quite a bit of body fat and just weighing as much as possible can be advantageous for them since they’re pulling buses and stuff. But even some of those guys are getting more ripped, like Hafthor Bjornsson.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is the correct conclusion to recognize the added admiration in having extreme discipline in one’s body. It garners respect from all walks of life and is likely the reason people look up to and admire those who have all facets of their life together, not just the mind but also the body.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Chinese must’ve realized that fat doesn’t help you lift weights. And powerlifting is a weight class sport, so it gives you an advantage to be basically all muscle while competing against guys in your division who weigh the same but are holding onto more fat.

Strongmen are a different story. I think having quite a bit of body fat and just weighing as much as possible can be advantageous for them since they’re pulling buses and stuff. But even some of those guys are getting more ripped, like Hafthor Bjornsson.
Hey, I'm a PL. Im not skinny, but I'm not fat. Since I've been cutting I've lost 10 pounds and let me tell you...some strength went with it. I'm guessing at 300 or so, I'll be pretty defined..we shall see. Trying to keep muscle as possible...so I'm going slow. I think I could pull off a hathor look.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the opposite. Guys that look strong but can't lift sh1t is hilarious.
" pretty body, but what can you do with it?"
Like having a badass muscle car
, but nothing under the hood.
Numbers impress me more than a waistline.
That being said, once I loose visible abs I check the diet.
To each their own.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
To each their own.
Same here.

Lionheart1776

Awards
  • Established
I noticed more of the mental confidence boost at 500mg per week for sure, for the first time in my life my own mother called me an arrogant snot after being at 500 for 5 weeks, lol. From my TRT dose of 100-360mg it felt exactly the same mentally. But the libido roughly tracked linearly with the dose. Also impatience tracked linearly with dose for me as well, so the higher the test is the more impatient and insistent I'd get. Which can be benefits to well-being for sure.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To each their own.
Perhaps we can look at this from a more optimal angle.

I'm going to use a Biblical analogy as an explanation, since it so similarly aligns itself with this very same topic of superficiality and authenticity and is something I understand very well.

Often times, people in the Christian religion get into heated debates over "works vs faith" based forgiveness.

But if you have a life full of decisions (works) that align themselves with what you claim to believe is true (faith), well then you are authentic. Authenticity generates much more respect for this very reason - that your beliefs and actions are aligned. Everyone knows it is far more rare a thing to see a person align their physical world with their intellectual faculties. When this happens, they've entered into a type of success that only few find...and people innately understand this when they see it and can't help but respect it, even if the values and beliefs differ from their own. The important thing here is that if they have lots of faith, it almost always means they also possess behaviors that, over time, have aligned themselves with their said value structure. The more they have, the greater their potential impact is. A real life example of this is tithing for instance. Some people depend on following a set of rules to determine whether or not they are worthy or good. A typical rule of thumb for giving is 10%, because an ancient law says so. Those depending on their behavior for credibility will hit 10% and stop, because perfection, at least in this regard, has been attained. The fellow that lives by faith keeps on going, and over time learns to give 1/2 of his wealth away.

Likewise, having boatloads of bubbly muscle (faith or intellectual value system) without the strength (works) to go with it is unusual and rare. Sure, you might not be the strongest fellow in the gym, but I guarantee you that the strongest also have the mass to go with it. But to be muscular and fit and have almost no strength is indeed strange and typically isn't admired. This is also why the Bible teaches that you can have works but no faith but that you are a liar if you claim to have faith but possess no works. Something is wrong if a man has 20" arms (and is lean) yet is only as strong as a typical man with a 13" arm. Something doesn't add up. Something isn't real or admirable about that kind of muscle mass. Heck, it might not even be muscle.

But there are others that have all the strength (works) and not much muscle (faith) to show for it. It might be impressive, but if you don't have the body to match the strength, you are leaving some influence on the table. You are also approaching your max capability, since you have no additional muscular fiber to recruit as a resource. The guy with all the muscle that is inherently strong due to the mass - he is stronger than the average person yet he does not train for strength. Imagine if he did. His capacity for strength is likely off the charts because he has more to work with, genetics aside.

This is why the strongest, most influential and most impressive guys, have both. And in my humble opinion, to aspire completely for one and not at all for the other, you're leaving a portion of your potential greatness on the table.

Aspire for both and influence the world around you maximally.

Also, we should be careful not to judge the authenticity on absolute strength. Rather, judge based on work capacity. Training style often dictates what kind of work that muscle is good at. For instance, Tom Platz had something like 30-32" thighs but rarely ever trained beyond 315lbs on squats. However, he would bang out a few hundred reps of 225 - 315lbs over a short period of time then hop on a bike a ride for 10's of miles at a time.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established

I'm going to use a Biblical analogy as an explanation, since it so similarly aligns itself with this very same topic of superficiality and authenticity and is something I understand very well.

Often times, people in the Christian religion get into heated debates over "works vs faith" based forgiveness.

But if you have a life full of decisions (works) that align themselves with what you claim to believe is true (faith), well then you are authentic. Authenticity generates much more respect for this very reason - that your beliefs and actions are aligned. Everyone knows it is far more rare a thing to see a person align their physical world with their intellectual faculties. When this happens, they've entered into a type of success that only few find...and people innately understand this when they see it and can't help but respect it, even if the values and beliefs differ from their own. The important thing here is that if they have lots of faith, it almost always means they also possess behaviors that, over time, have aligned themselves with their said value structure. The more they have, the greater their potential impact is. A real life example of this is tithing for instance. Some people depend on following a set of rules to determine whether or not they are worthy or good. A typical rule of thumb for giving is 10%, because an ancient law says so. Those depending on their behavior for credibility will hit 10% and stop, because perfection, at least in this regard, has been attained. The fellow that lives by faith keeps on going, and over time learns to give 1/2 of his wealth away.

Likewise, having boatloads of bubbly muscle (faith or intellectual value system) without the strength (works) to go with it is unusual and rare. Sure, you might not be the strongest fellow in the gym, but I guarantee you that the strongest also have the mass to go with it. But to be muscular and fit and have almost no strength is indeed strange and typically isn't admired. This is also why the Bible teaches that you can have works but no faith but that you are a liar if you claim to have faith but possess no works. Something is wrong if a man has 20" arms (and is lean) yet is only as strong as a typical man with a 13" arm. Something doesn't add up. Something isn't real or admirable about that kind of muscle mass. Heck, it might not even be muscle.

But there are others that have all the strength (works) and not much muscle (faith) to show for it. It might be impressive, but if you don't have the body to match the strength, you are leaving some influence on the table. You are also approaching your max capability, since you have no additional muscular fiber to recruit as a resource. The guy with all the muscle that is inherently strong due to the mass - he is stronger than the average person yet he does not train for strength. Imagine if he did. His capacity for strength is likely off the charts because he has more to work with, genetics aside.

This is why the strongest, most influential and most impressive guys, have both. And in my humble opinion, to aspire completely for one and not at all for the other, you're leaving a portion of your potential greatness on the table.

Also, we should be careful not to judge the authenticity on absolute strength. Rather, judge based on work capacity. Training style often dictates what kind of work that muscle is good at. For instance, Tom Platz had something like 30-32" thighs but rarely ever trained beyond 315lbs on squats. However, he would bang out a few hundred reps of 225 - 315lbs over a short period of time then hop on a bike a ride for 10's of miles at a time.
Well said

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Freaking good to have you back brother.

Need to get with when you have a moment before January when I start dieting for MP in Spring. I saved some info you had wrote out in contest prep threads back in 2015-2016 about sodium manipulation,anavar/anadrol precontest, Mct’s and a few other techniques I’m looking into to look full and dry by contest day.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Love you input. Real sh1t!

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To each their own.
I think the opposite I feel the purpose of weight training and all these isolated movements is to sculpt the body like a work of art.. if some one is gonna look like shot and go to the gym and continue to look like **** then why even bother using weights?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think the opposite I feel the purpose of weight training and all these isolated movements is to sculpt the body like a work of art.. if some one is gonna look like shot and go to the gym and continue to look like **** then why even bother using weights?
I’m in between. I look decent right now and I’m weak af. But tbh it bothers me a lot to the point of changing my training to add more strength-oriented training. But I wouldn’t even consider changing to strength training if it didn’t change my body into what I want it to look like. If weights didn’t change my physique I’d have very little interest in using them.
However, there’s nothing better than military pressing 100lb db’s. Although I’m not there right now, I’ll get there. To a point I want both.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be as strong as possible.
I guess that's where the powerlifter and bodybuilder differ.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the opposite I feel the purpose of weight training and all these isolated movements is to sculpt the body like a work Sof art.. if some one is gonna look like shot and go to the gym and continue to look like **** then why even bother using weights?
You can have ten guys who do the same weightlifting routine but they all do it for different purposes with different goals in mind.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m in between. I look decent right now and I’m weak af. But tbh it bothers me a lot to the point of changing my training to add more strength-oriented training. But I wouldn’t even consider changing to strength training if it didn’t change my body into what I want it to look like. If weights didn’t change my physique I’d have very little interest in using them.
However, there’s nothing better than military pressing 100lb db’s. Although I’m not there right now, I’ll get there. To a point I want both.
Absolutely . ill admit I love being the biggest guy in the room. I like the weird vibe that comes over the room when I take of the hoodie and still have a little gym pump .....the wife beater just stretching over me.
Definetely do it for looks too. If im being honest

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can have ten guys who do the same weightlifting routine but they all do it for different purposes with different goals in mind.
I understand everyone has different goals but as far being as strong as possible indont see how getting excessive body fat accumulation is going to help with getting any stronger.. obviously being stage ready contest shape is not ideal for moving around heavy ass weight but I don’t think one should look like a blob either. I think it’s an excuse to eat whatever whenever they want.. any one can go to the gym for an hour and bust their ass and then leave and not worry the rest of the day eat whatever when ever.. but it takes a lot more discipline to in addition hitting the gym hard, now weighing out your meals and eating everything accordingly.. haveing a bodybuilder physique feels like a 24 hour job honestly.. I wish it didn’t though

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, like I hang out on this site and I respect bodybuilders and all but I have no interest in ever living that lifestyle or looking like that. Boxers are the aspect of fitness that I admire the most. I want to be relatively strong, fast, tough, have good cardio, and if need be, be able to land a one two combo on a guy before he can tag me. Those are the guys I look up to in the world of sports and fitness. I’m talking about guys my size, so pretty much light heavyweight to cruiserweight.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand everyone has different goals but as far being as strong as possible indont see how getting excessive body fat accumulation is going to help with getting any stronger.. obviously being stage ready contest shape is not ideal for moving around heavy ass weight but I don’t think one should look like a blob either. I think it’s an excuse to eat whatever whenever they want.. any one can go to the gym for an hour and bust their ass and then leave and not worry the rest of the day eat whatever when ever.. but it takes a lot more discipline to in addition hitting the gym hard, now weighing out your meals and eating everything accordingly.. haveing a bodybuilder physique feels like a 24 hour job honestly.. I wish it didn’t though
If you think that's how powerlifters live their life training for an hour and a half a day then eating whatever they want you're terribly misinformed.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m currently working with a guy who’s 6’2 310 lbs and he’s around 30% body fat. He works out at a strongman gym and can squat 800 lbs. I think that’s an example of fat actually helping you move heavy weight. If he lost 25 lbs I bet his strongman game would go down.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, like I hang out on this site and I respect bodybuilders and all but I have no interest in ever living that lifestyle or looking like that. Boxers are the aspect of fitness that I admire the most. I want to be relatively strong, fast, tough, have good cardio, and if need be, be able to land a one two combo on a guy before he can tag me. Those are the guys I look up to in the world of sports and fitness. I’m talking about guys my size, so pretty much light heavyweight to cruiserweight.
Yeah I agree with you man. I couldn’t imagine taking it to the extreme like top level bodybuilders.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m currently working with a guy who’s 6’2 310 lbs and he’s around 30% body fat. He works out at a strongman gym and can squat 800 lbs. I think that’s an example of fat actually helping you move heavy weight. If he lost 25 lbs I bet his strongman game would go down.
Ok but now what if that said individual was that same 310 and height.. but like 10%?? That’s a **** load more mass on the body.. I mean look at Ronnie Coleman? Strong as **** but looked like a freaky bodybuilder.. veins like ****ing garden hoses in his arm

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok but now what if that said individual was that same 310 and height.. but like 10%?? That’s a **** load more mass on the body.. I mean look at Ronnie Coleman? Strong as **** but looked like a freaky bodybuilder.. veins like ****ing garden hoses in his arm
I’m sure he’d be even better at his discipline but few men can ever achieve that weight at 10% bf. that takes a shyt ton of drugs too! But Halfthor Bjornsson is a good example of strongmen who are lean. Sometimes he’s around 15% bf from the looks of it. But that’s not possible for everyone and it won’t necessarily make you lift more. Look at Eddie Hall. He won worlds strongest man, has the heaviest deadlift ever and I bet he’s somewhere around 35% bf. You’re physique doesn’t automatically determine your ability to perform. As Louie Simmons says “big isn’t strong, strong is strong.”

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We are all going to have very different ideas of what we want to achieve. And it stems from our own experiences, hang ups, and values.

Personally, I want to be strong
But I want to look like most humans never could. I don’t care what drugs that will take. If I can have both, great. If I never bench 400, that’s ok too. But I want to be 260 and less than 10% more than I’ve ever wanted anything. If I can have that and be strong af, that’d be great.

There was a point where I could deadlift 500+, and I can tell you, not one person I knew cared in the slightest, just blank stares.. But when I told some friends and family I’d be competing in board shorts next year, at least a dozen pulled out their credit cards and asked “where can I buy tickets so I can be there to cheer for you”
I don’t do this for anyone but me, but how I look just holds more value to me, although strong people impress me to no end.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m sure he’d be even better at his discipline but few men can ever achieve that weight at 10% bf. that takes a shyt ton of drugs too! But Halfthor Bjornsson is a good example of strongmen who are lean. Sometimes he’s around 15% bf from the looks of it. But that’s not possible for everyone and it won’t necessarily make you lift more. Look at Eddie Hall. He won worlds strongest man, has the heaviest deadlift ever and I bet he’s somewhere around 35% bf. You’re physique doesn’t automatically determine your ability to perform. As Louie Simmons says “big isn’t strong, strong is strong.”

Eddie hall was more like 25% bf bro (when he won WSM). Still higher than most would like I imagine but worked for him in pursuit of WSM and in fairness still lower than most average people.

I’m sure I saw something recently where he’d shredded down a bit and looked nearer 15% now.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eddie hall was more like 25% bf bro (when he won WSM). Still higher than most would like I imagine but worked for him in pursuit of WSM and in fairness still lower than most average people.

I’m sure I saw something recently where he’d shredded down a bit and looked nearer 15% now.
E820F407-EF41-4189-B0AF-E646B114E3DB.jpeg

There he is breaking the deadlift record. That looks much higher than 25% to me. Of course there’s a lot of room for error when you’re eye balling someone’s body fat percentage.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 169996

There he is breaking the deadlift record. That looks much higher than 25% to me. Of course there’s a lot of room for error when you’re eye balling someone’s body fat percentage.
You’re correct... Eddie was not 25% during his title or the world deadlift record. If he’s 25%, then I’m like 8% lol! And I can’t even sed my abs.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You’re correct... Eddie was not 25% during his title or the world deadlift record. If he’s 25%, then I’m like 8% lol! And I can’t even sed my abs.
If you look around you’ll find body fat measurements taken around the WSM time confirming it my friend. Various articles like this one mention it:

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/building-muscle/7-changes-eddie-hall-made-to-win-the-worlds-strongest-man

The fact it’s a percentage and the guy has an obscene amount of lean mass is what throws the aesthetics out the window compared to most people....

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Same

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you look around you’ll find body fat measurements taken around the WSM time confirming it my friend. Various articles like this one mention it:

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/building-muscle/7-changes-eddie-hall-made-to-win-the-worlds-strongest-man

The fact it’s a percentage and the guy has an obscene amount of lean mass is what throws the aesthetics out the window compared to most people....
Articles like those lie all the time. He's like 30+ precent. Maybe more

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Articles like those lie all the time. He's like 30+ precent. Maybe more
Smont is 100% accurate. Many pro athletes are listed taller or heavier in the pregame programs, websites etc that advertise their stats.

I don’t know how many times I have to say this, but Eddie Hall was not 25% in that world record deadlifting photo.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Smont is 100% accurate. Many pro athletes are listed taller or heavier in the pregame programs, websites etc that advertise their stats.

I don’t know how many times I have to say this, but Eddie Hall was not 25% in that world record deadlifting photo.
I agree if you just eye ball the guy, however, because he has porportionally more weight than actually body size what would look like 30% plus on a 220lb guy isn’t going to be 30% on him at 440lb. I.e he can look fat at 25% cause he has as much fat (and more fat) in lbs than a lighter man but a shed load more muscle thus reducing the percentage.

At 35% your saying he’s carrying 150lbs fat there. I’m just saying that I can easily believe he’s carrying 108lbs fat (still a hell of a lot and easily enough to make him look like a 30% plus bf guy).

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree if you just eye ball the guy, however, because he has porportionally more weight than actually body size what would look like 30% plus on a 220lb guy isn’t going to be 30% on him at 440lb. I.e he can look fat at 25% cause he has as much fat (and more fat) in lbs than a lighter man but a shed load more muscle thus reducing the percentage.

At 35% your saying he’s carrying 150lbs fat there. I’m just saying that I can easily believe he’s carrying 108lbs fat (still a hell of a lot and easily enough to make him look like a 30% plus bf guy).
I agree with you on this. People underestimate the amount of muscle required to deadlift that. He has a ton of muscle and a huge powergut due to eating insane amounts of food. I don’t think he is above 30%

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He eats like 12 snickers bars a day on top of countless other junk food. Of course he eats a ton of quality food too but all that sugary crap isn’t turning to muscle. And I don’t have time to click on the link right now but if they say he’s 440, that’s also a lie. I don’t believe he ever got past 415.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
He eats like 12 snickers bars a day on top of countless other junk food. Of course he eats a ton of quality food too but all that sugary crap isn’t turning to muscle. And I don’t have time to click on the link right now but if they say he’s 440, that’s also a lie. I don’t believe he ever got past 415.
To be precise I believe 429lbs was his heaviest at that time.....

I’m not saying it’s gospel he wasn’t over 30%, just that I personally don’t think he was, articles also suggest he wasn’t and the math makes it pretty easy to explain why he would look fatter than his bf percentage suggests........

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be precise I believe 429lbs was his heaviest at that time.....

I’m not saying it’s gospel he wasn’t over 30%, just that I personally don’t think he was, articles also suggest he wasn’t and the math makes it pretty easy to explain why he would look fatter than his bf percentage suggests........
Ultimately it’s tough to judge. And I get the math but I actually think it works in reverse of what you’re thinking. For example, 25% bf looks better on a 200 lb man than it does on a 150 lb man because the 200 lb man has more muscle to go with it. A 429 lb man should look pretty damn good at 25% bf, but at the same time I understand your logic of saying that that amount of fat is over 100 lbs. on a guy that big.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I read a post saying upping your Test won't make you feel any different when it's already high, and that you won't feel any different with 1000ng/dl vs 3000ng/dl. Is this true?

Has anyone been on 250mg and 500mg and actually noticed feeling better on the higher dose? When I say "feel" I mean the mental benefits of high T, better well being, higher libido, etc.
I did just that 2 months ago. It's a really really big difference in libido to the point that boners kept waking me up at night and wanting to bone everything all day. To my disdain I don't have a gf atm so that really sucked.

Aggression went up to, didn't like that. It's harder to meditate and do creative stuff. I'm in the creative/art industry.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You have more muscle mass with a higher BF ratio. Also anecdotally more strength. There is a reason why mostly all strong man are basically fat or overweight. If you diet down you will lose strength and muscle mass, period. They are all on drugs as is. Don't know if taking more drugs to cut down is even an option for them, or if they would know how to do it :D

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ultimately it’s tough to judge. And I get the math but I actually think it works in reverse of what you’re thinking. For example, 25% bf looks better on a 200 lb man than it does on a 150 lb man because the 200 lb man has more muscle to go with it. A 429 lb man should look pretty damn good at 25% bf, but at the same time I understand your logic of saying that that amount of fat is over 100 lbs. on a guy that big.
Why would 25% bf look better on a 200lb man than a 150lb man?

The ratio of lean mass to bf is exactly the same so generally they should look the same (obviously the 200lb man will just look bigger)....

I would say that at eddies size his visceral fat is probably relatively low compared to subcutaneous fat thus his appearance.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why would 25% bf look better on a 200lb man than a 150lb man?

The ratio of lean mass to bf is exactly the same so generally they should look the same (obviously the 200lb man will just look bigger)....

I would say that at eddies size his visceral fat is probably relatively low compared to subcutaneous fat thus his appearance.
If we’re both 6’0 tall with 25% body fat and you weigh 150 lbs but I weigh 200 lbs then I will look better and leaner. That’s my opinion and maybe I can’t explain it properly but it certainly has to do with the fact that in this scenario I have more muscle and likely a larger surface area to hold the excess fat do to the fact that I’d likely have a broader back, shoulders, chest, etc.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If we’re both 6’0 tall with 25% body fat and you weigh 150 lbs but I weigh 200 lbs then I will look better and leaner. That’s my opinion and maybe I can’t explain it properly but it certainly has to do with the fact that in this scenario I have more muscle and likely a larger surface area to hold the excess fat do to the fact that I’d likely have a broader back, shoulders, chest, etc.
But you’d also have 12.5lbs more fat than me to spread over that bigger area.....

If you were carrying the same weight in lbs of fat then you would look better but have a lower bf %.....

To be honest we could kick this back and forth for days lol

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
There’s some science guys on here that could probably answer this for us, (shbg/and possibly other factors) but for some reason, I start getting lethargic on more than 400/week of test. And also, Trest, the libido-king steroid, starts actually tanking my libido at higher than 150/week. These things are complicated af. Tren, like most steroids cause testicular atrophy, yet Dienolone, considered very similar, actually is thought to reverse atrophy. I don’t even try to understand all the complicated chemistry when practical application seems to be contradictory at times..
Then I wonder why pros use a gram a week?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Then I wonder why pros use a gram a week?
Much like when some of us that blast and cruise will run something like NPP and week 9-10 500mg’s is not yielding any more significant results, we are left with 3 options; switch compounds, increase dose, or discontinue and wait for labs to indicate it’s appropriate to run another blast. Pros, I believe since their career is dependent on constant growth continue to push dose.

But I’m sure there’s some waaaaay smarter science guys with a better answer and explanation than this one.