--1b. Seated Rows, 15 reps
--1c. Stiff Arm Pull Downs, 12 reps

Bench;
3 sets 8 reps 160lbs, 175lbs, 205lbs

Bench, Feet Up (Tempo)
3 sets 6 reps 135lbs, 140lbs, 145lbs

Skullies;
3 sets 12 reps

Not 100% and still have a little cough and running nose but definitely better. This is the 5 weeks training with my coach and now 11 weeks out and have not lifted heavy. Have no clue what to expect for the meet so decided to work up today to a good single in bench. Definitely had 2 reps and most likely 3 with a spot and being 100% better. Can actually say my bench is probably stronger now than before last meet and without lifting heavy. Was really consider with squats this week using my comp wraps and test but after today will stick with the plan. If you told me 5 weeks ago highest bench would be 215x6 and my bench would be better than before last meet would have probably doubted you. Coach says plan for next 2 weeks is the same, focusing on setup/ form and make each rep good. 9 weeks will will start the prep.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you told me 5 weeks ago highest bench would be 215x6 and my bench would be better than before last meet would have probably doubted you.
That's crazy, but congrats! This seems to really align with what the guys have been telling me about training lower in that 80% region more frequently. Now I wonder if I'm still training too heavy.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 31st, 2023 (Tuesday)

Cardio; 50 mins

Deads, Banded At Hips;
6 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs 325lbs, 350lbs

Front Squats;
3 sets 9 reps 105lbs, 135lbs, 155lbs

Bulgarian Split Squats;
3 sets 8 reps

Biceps;
100 reps

Really wanted to focus on setup for deads and try and make sure every rep looked the same and did a pretty good job. Setup was off a little today looking back at the videos but at least consistent throughout. New PR in front squats LOL Using the straps really was a game changer and maybe soon will be at 2 plates.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Your speed on those fronts is ridiculous. Looks good! Some guys grip the bar wider if needed for those front squats but since you always did the cross arm thing anyways you might find flexibility improves over time too

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your speed on those fronts is ridiculous. Looks good! Some guys grip the bar wider if needed for those front squats but since you always did the cross arm thing anyways you might find flexibility improves over time too
Thanks. The straps have been great and will probably always do them that way.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 1st, 2023 (Wednesday)

Cardio; 45 mins

Squats;
6 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 225lbs, 250lbs, 270lbs, 285lbs, 275lbs

OHP's;
3 sets 5 reps 95lbs, 110lbs, 130lbs

Bench, Green Bands;
10 sets 2 reps 135lbs

Powell Raises;
3 sets 8 reps

Serrano Press;
3 sets 8 reps

Slept not so good last night and things just seems off today. Squats seemed like I was struggling with setup/ form all throughout but felt like last set did do a pretty good job. On thing coach wanted was for me to slow down on squats and not basically dive bomb into the hole. After my 2nd meet doing squats started the habit because I know by diving bombing will never get called on depth but the bad part is with the quick stop/ rebound tightness starts going. Slowed it down on the last set and things did look better. 2 videos of squat today on my 5th and 6th set for comparison. Also coach wanted to make sure during ohp's by elbows where in front of the bar.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm curious what your coach says about the width of the grip on the OHP. From this side angle it looks like it's in between my OHP grip and my jerk grip. a couple years ago I had a buddy who is strictly power lifting talk me into a slightly narrower OHP grip and really work on my form development. that took me to a 205 OHP at 185bw. I'm not saying it's the best way to do it but I did definitely PR. I was sorta surprised really how much form there is in OHP when you dissect it.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm curious what your coach says about the width of the grip on the OHP. From this side angle it looks like it's in between my OHP grip and my jerk grip. a couple years ago I had a buddy who is strictly power lifting talk me into a slightly narrower OHP grip and really work on my form development. that took me to a 205 OHP at 185bw. I'm not saying it's the best way to do it but I did definitely PR. I was sorta surprised really how much form there is in OHP when you dissect it.
Really didn't mentioned grip width just to keep elbow in front of bar. I actually think I need to go a little closer to achieve it without constantly adjusting each rep. Before was a little wider and no way I could keep elbows in front of bar. This week will go a little narrower and start finding the right grip width a little better.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 5th, 2023 (Sunday)

Average Weekly Weight: 203lbs (-1lb)

Super Set; 4 sets
--1a. Leg Curls, 8 reps
--1b. RDL's (Snatch Grip) 8 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 165lbs, 185lbs

Squats, (Tempo);
3 sets 6 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 175lbs

Dbl Split Squats;
3 sets 8 reps

Biceps;
60 reps

Cardio; 45 mins

Need to learn how to breathe properly while bracing solid throughout squats. At the bottom of squats need to breath and ended up loosening up my brace. Overall though think squats looked really good.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 6th, 2023 (Monday)

Super Set, 3 sets
--1a. Face Pulls, 20 reps

Bench;
4 sets 8 reps 165lbs, 185lbs, 205lbs, 220lbs

Bench, Feet Up (Tempo)
3 sets 6 reps

Skullies;
3 sets 12 reps

Cardio; 40 mins

Was thinking about 2 plates for last set but decided to play it safe, though could have gotten it. Suppose to be big changes next week to start the prep, 9 weeks out. Excited to start seeing the results of the last 6 weeks.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are those videos at that kabuki gym? Or do you train there only with the coach?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If that gym is where I think it is, next time I'm down in Salem visiting customers I should drop you a line so we can get a session in! I was down in that neck of the woods last summer for work a time or two.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are those videos at that kabuki gym? Or do you train there only with the coach?
No, my normal gym. Been having car problems and being sick so hoping next week can finally make it up there on Tuesdays. If traffic is good about 1 1/4 hours to get there. As the meet gets closer will probably try and go maybe on Mon/ Tues since that is my Fri/ Sat for work.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If that gym is where I think it is, next time I'm down in Salem visiting customers I should drop you a line so we can get a session in! I was down in that neck of the woods last summer for work a time or two.
It is West Coast Strength. Best gym I have been to for powerlifting. So pretty decent/ serious lifters there.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 7th, 2023 (Tuesday)

Cardio; 45 mins

Deads;
6 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs, 325lbs, 350lbs
1 set 1 rep 400lbs

Front Squats;
3 sets 9 reps 95lbs, 135lbs, 160lbs

Bulgarian Split Squats;
3 sets 8 reps

Biceps;
50 reps

First couple of sets recorded the deads from the front and realized need to bring my stance in a little. Coach want my shines vertical, knees over the foot. Will try it next week if I remember and see if it helps or not. The single was easier than it looked and need to start just pulling quicker. Spending so much time trying to setup perfect I end of just easy the bar of the ground most of the time. Getting a little better on activate my hips but feel need to start just a little sooner. Since using the straps for fronts and I can finally do them starting to really like them a lot. Think one reason is every week is a new PR LOL Can't wait to go heavier at some point.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 8th, 2023 (Wednesday)

Squats;
6 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 225lbs, 250lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs

OHP's;
3 sets 5 reps 95lbs, 115lbs, 135lbs

Bench, Green Bands (Multiple Grips)
10 sets 2 reps 135lbs

Powell Raises;
3 sets 8 reps

Serrano Press;
3 sets 8 reps

Woke up today feeling a little out of it and like I am starting to get sick again. Already made a doctors appt for today since my cough is still sticking around. Doctor said lungs seem decent like nothing really in there but put in on some antibiotics. Been a long winter with getting sick over and over again. Squats were a mess and all over the place. 5th set at 275lbs went smooth but last set was a total cluster #!$@%. Depth first rep was horrible, bar traveling every rep forward and was harder than it should have been. I know end goal is slowly down my decent will payoff in the end but last set if I did my normal diving bombing honestly think it would have been a lot easier. At least got the work in.

5th Set

6th Set

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Missed last 2 days of work being sick again. Hoping the antibiotics do there thing and work. Kind of explains squats being a mess. Since Nov been on off being sick for a week and well for a few weeks. WTF

Last edited:
dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 13th, 2023 (Monday)

Cardio; 40 mins

Feeling probably the best right now in a while🤞🤞 and seems the antibiotics are doing their magic. Lets hope can stay healthy until the meet.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 14th, 2023 (Tuesday)

Cardio; 50 mins

Deads, Green Bands;
6 sets 3 reps 235lbs

Rack Pulls, DL Stance;
4 sets 5 reps 280lbs

SSB, Box/DL Stance;
2 sets 8 reps
1 set 7 reps**Missed counted reps
First time doing SSB squats plus added in box and 3 reps at slow eccentric

Leg Press, Wide;
3 sets 10 reps

Face Pulls;
3 sets 20 reps

Kas Pull Downs;
3 sets 20 reps

Messaged my doctor to get a chest x-ray since still have a slight cough but this has been sticking around since November. Would have never programmed a workout like this in the past, guess that is what I am paying for. Hips/ quads are already feeling it.

Last edited:
dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 15th, 2023 (Wednesday)

Cardio; 25 mins

Squats, Metal Black Wraps;
3 sets 5 reps 250lbs, 275lbs, 285lbs

Bench, Pin Press;
5 sets 5 reps 135lbs, 150lbs, 165lbs, 175lbs, 190lbs

Barbell Rows;**Really strict, no throwing whole body into it
3 sets 15 reps 95lbs, 100lbs, 100lbs

Ahrens Press;
3 sets 20 reps

Squats,
3 sets 12 reps 135lbs

Bulgarian Split Squats;
3 sets 12 reps

Copenhagen Adduction Drill;
3 sets

Biceps;
60 reps

Quads/ hips were really sore and was not looking forward to today. Squats were quicker than I would have liked but overall form looked really good. Got into the old habit with wraps of dropping down really quick to get a good rebound out of the hole but was able to remain pretty tight thought and form looked pretty good. I know the weight is pretty pathetic for the barbell rows but remained pretty strict/ stationary throughout and didn't use my whole body like you see all the time in the gym. Last 2 days have been pretty brutal and need to make sure everything outside the gym is spot on. Diet is solid even though I am not losing weight and sleep is pretty good. Just need to make sure to spend extra time each day foam rolling, stretching and maybe some hot salt baths.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope you have a speedy recovery. I get ya though, all of 2023 at least one member of the family has been sick. Our kid finally recovered from a double ear infection, high fever, vomit, no appetite, grade school Petri dish virus.

During one of his fever dreams he let us know that he knows what sex is and we weren’t wrestling that one time he walked in on us 3 years ago. Great.

This year has been a doozy

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hope you have a speedy recovery. I get ya though, all of 2023 at least one member of the family has been sick. Our kid finally recovered from a double ear infection, high fever, vomit, no appetite, grade school Petri dish virus.

During one of his fever dreams he let us know that he knows what sex is and we weren’t wrestling that one time he walked in on us 3 years ago. Great.

This year has been a doozy
Yeah. Multiple ppl at work have the same thing I have. Hopefully can get fir on x-ray and find out what the heck is going on. Been a strange winter for sickness. Still think 1st full winter without masks has something to do with it. Make sure your door is locked when wrestling lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’ll learn him to respect his bedtime and our authority 🤣

In our defense it was 2 am

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 19th, 2023 (Sunday)

Squats;
4 sets 3 reps 225lbs

Bench, Comp;
4 sets 3 reps 175lbs

Deads;
5 sets 5 reps 225lbs

Worked a double Thursday and everything felt super heavy today. Deads felt like it should have been 375ish. Quick rest in between sets so took about 30 mins.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I saw you are mixing in some cardio, is that mostly for weight control with your eyes on a lower weight class soon?

Yeah. Multiple ppl at work have the same thing I have. Hopefully can get fir on x-ray and find out what the heck is going on. Been a strange winter for sickness. Still think 1st full winter without masks has something to do with it. Make sure your door is locked when wrestling lol
I think you're right, peoples immune systems didn't get to go to the gym for 2 years and are a bit atrophied right now.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I saw you are mixing in some cardio, is that mostly for weight control with your eyes on a lower weight class soon?

I think you're right, peoples immune systems didn't get to go to the gym for 2 years and are a bit atrophied right now.
Just sick of being a fat and would like close to a 6 pack.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 20th, 2023 (Monday)

Average Weekly Weight: 203lbs (-0)

Super Set;

Bench;
7 sets 6 reps 205lbs
1 set 5 reps 205lbs
2 sets 6 reps 205lbs
When I looked what was scheduled today thought now way and after 4 to 5 reps the fatigue would set in. Quick rest on set 8 so didn't hit 6 but shocked myself today.

OHP's, EMOM;
10 sets 2 reps 120lbs

Hammer Curls to Arnold Press;
3 sets 12 reps

Dbl Rear Delts;
3 sets 12 reps

Defranco Pull Aparts;
3 sets 12 reps

Long workout, 85 mins. These last 3 workouts have been pretty hard and definitely something I am not used to. Diet has been pretty good but still not losing weight. Think one thing is being sick on and off is not helping and also seems I am adding some size back on. Been 10 weeks when I started at 212lbs but waist is about 3" smaller and my teardrops/ quads are starting to get lines. So can tell I am losing weight just very slowly but also will adding some size back on so really cannot complain. Arms are about 1" bigger to since I started to biceps again.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Long workout, 85 mins. These last 3 workouts have been pretty hard and definitely something I am not used to. Diet has been pretty good but still not losing weight. Think one thing is being sick on and off is not helping and also seems I am adding some size back on. Been 10 weeks when I started at 212lbs but waist is about 3" smaller and my teardrops/ quads are starting to get lines.
I've just decided the only thing that matters is what hole my belt is on when I squat now. after 10 years of paying too much attention to the scale, this seems to be a much better approach for me personally..

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 21st, 2023 (Tuesday)

Cardio; 50 mins

Deads, Green Bands;
6 sets 3 reps 235lbs

Rack Pulls, DL Stance;
4 sets 5 reps 330lbs

SSB Squats, Box/ DL Stance;
3 sets 8 reps 115lb, 140lbs, 160lbs
Box I wanted to use someone was using it for a drink holder so what I used was a little to high. Coach wanted 1st rep a solid 10 second negative, think I hit the last set for 13 secs.

Leg Press, DL Stance;
3 sets 10 reps

Kas Pull Downs;
3 sets 20 reps

Face Pulls;
3 sets 20 reps

Still waiting for my chest x-rays to come back and seems things are getting worse again. Coughing has increased in the mornings/ evenings. This is really getting old. Hopefully doesn't get as bad as it usually does but the cycle is sick for a week and better for 2 or 3 and the process starts over again. Long workout again but a little easier this week but still left with nothing left in the tank.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If I see stuff on equipment I need, I ask anyone around if they know who’s it is. If they don’t know so I can ask them, I move phones/drinks whatever to the closest safe spot and take what I need. If the owner shows up, I let them know asap politely, and people always seem to be cool about it since I was respectful.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If I see stuff on equipment I need, I ask anyone around if they know who’s it is. If they don’t know so I can ask them, I move phones/drinks whatever to the closest safe spot and take what I need. If the owner shows up, I let them know asap politely, and people always seem to be cool about it since I was respectful.
Sounds like a good plan. Just don't understand why ppl use certain things for drink/ phone holders. Bugs me.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 22nd, 2023 (Wednesday)

Squats;**Metal Black Wraps
4 sets 5 reps 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs, 285lbs

Bench, Pin Press (A little above chest);
7 sets 3 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 170lbs, 180lbs, 195lbs, 200lbs, 210lbs

Barbell Rows;**Super Strict
3 sets 15 reps 115lbs

Ahrens Press;
3 sets 20 reps

Hack Squats;
3 sets 12 reps

Dbl Bulgarian Split Squats;
3 sets 12 reps

Copenhagen Adduction Drill;
3 sets

Woke up feeling total drained and worn down. These workouts are really kicking my butt so upped my calories a lot last few days. Last set of squats messed around with my speed/ decent on the reps just to see the if there was a break down in my tightness/ form depending on the speed. Actually think the quicker reps looked a little better. Squats right now is the biggest question for the meet, 7 weeks. I am so worn down the time my top set for the week rolls around that at this point couldn't guess what it will be. With deads being the main focus I am find with a step or 2 back for squats but still bugging me that I don't have the foggiest idea what they will end up at for the meet.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a good plan. Just don't understand why ppl use certain things for drink/ phone holders. Bugs me.
Completely relate. That’s why I respectfully move their crap and get back to training lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
honestly I tend to throw a minor hissy fit when weights are strewn about on the floor right beside the db rack or when plates are put away mismatched. I don't even care if you leave 180lbs on a machine (I do care if you leave weight on the bench and walk away though) but it's when they stack 10s, 25s, and 45s on the same collar or just leave db's on the ground that pisses me off.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Total relate to not putting weights away. Last gym I was at, Anytime Fitness, weights were always all over the place. Staff never came around and even attempted to clean crap up. Some days just walking in and looking around I got in a really bad mood and in-between sets I would clean the place up.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 26th, 2023 (Sunday)

Cardio; 25 mins

Squats,
3 sets 3 reps 265lbs, 270lbs, 280lbs

Bench, Comp;
4 sets 3 reps 205lbs, 210lbs, 215lbs, 220lbs

Deads; 60 sec rest;
7 sets 7 reps 225lbs

Cardio; 30 mins

1st Sunday in a long time I felt really good at the gym. Made after almost 4 months finally getting over being sick. 🤞

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad you’re finally on the up and up! Been a trying year for most people and sickness it seems

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
haha you know me, I love that deadlift volume. 😅

Total relate to not putting weights away. Last gym I was at, Anytime Fitness, weights were always all over the place. Staff never came around and even attempted to clean crap up. Some days just walking in and looking around I got in a really bad mood and in-between sets I would clean the place up.
I think it was Klokov I heard say years ago something about "respecting the platform". He made a big deal out of things like, don't use your feet on the barbell, respect peoples platforms. those things have always been important etiquette to me. Like... don't walk across someone's platform, put stuff away, etc...

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
February 27th, 2023 (Monday)

Cardio; 25 mins

Super Set, 2 sets;

Bench, 1 reps = 1 and 1/2 reps;
5 sets 4 reps 135lbs, 145lbs, 155lbs, 170lbs, 185lbs

Bench; 10 sec negative to pins;
1 set 1 rep 295lbs

OHP's, EMOM;
12 sets 2 reps 125lbs

Dbl Hammer Curls to Arnold Press;
3 sets 12 reps

Dbl Rear Delts;
3 sets 12 reps

Defranco Pull Aparts;
3 sets 12 reps

Cardio; 45 mins

295lbs felt like a ton but did basically do a 110lb jump.