DaPack..Fighting Age One Day at a Time

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
pretty crazy to think that you're only 26lbs away from a PR so fresh off a meet with how hard you've been training all year. 2023 could be a massive year of PRs

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
December 26th, 2022 (Monday)

Avg. Weekly Weight: 207lbs (-2lbs)

Super Set, 3 sets;
--1a. Face Pulls, 20 reps
--1b. Seated Rows, 15 reps
--1c. Stiff Arm Pull Downs, 12 reps

Bench;
3 sets 8 reps 185lbs, 200lbs, 210lbs

Bench (Tempo);
3 sets 6 reps 115lbs, 130lbs, 140lbs

Skullies;
3 sets 12 reps

Cardio; 25

Kabuki has video just for clients and the tutorials for the Big 3 hands down are the best videos I have seen, wish could share. Since starting powerlifting always used wrestling shoes and one thing I noticed is they are narrow and actually squish my foot in. Watching the videos and actually learning to root realized I need new shoes. Chris Duffin is co-founder for a shoe that is made for powerlifters. Ordered a pair and hoping they workout good.

https://bearfoot.store/

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bearfoot are good shoes, but when in doubt do not size down. You want them big enough to use the toe box. I liken them for my deadlifting.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
December 27th, 2022 (Tuesday)

Cardio; 50 mins

Deads;
6 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 275lbs, 315lbs, 350lbs, 375lbs, 400lbs

RDL's;
3 sets 9 reps 155lbs, 175lbs, 175lbs

Biceps;
60 reps

Cardio; 40 mins

Never received my workout for today so obviously this is my own and decided to ME deads. Starting to get a little disappointed since I paid on the 14th and only 1 workout so far. Hoping things start changing or going to look else where.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
December 28th, 2022 (Wednesday)

Cardio; 60 mins

Squats;
6 sets 3 reps 250lbs

OHP's;
2 sets 5 reps 95lbs
1 set 5 reps 115lbs

Bench; Single Green Bands, about 60 sec rest;
10 sets 2 reps 135lbs

Powell Raisies;
3 sets 10 reps

Serrano Press;
3 sets 10 reps
These were actually really hard. Grabbed 15lbs to start and did 1 rep and knew was to heavy. Ended up doing 5lbs for this.

Cardio; 35 mins

Coaches workout. Never did warm up movements/ prep since my gyms are so busy but watching the tutorials they did them in between the warm up sets which works since I can grab the piece of equipment I need and still do them. Took 20 mins from start of warm up until 1st set. Squats need a lot of work but last set did look better.

Went light to work on form with squats. This is the 1st set and bottom of squat position was pretty bad. This is me actually slowly my squats down.

5th set slowing it down a little more. Bottom position is better but also weight felt heavier. Last set did my normal speed bombing into hole and did the 3 reps in almost the time I did 1 on this set.

Last edited:
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Similar to squatting barefoot, or better?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Better; squatting actually barefoot is trash. If you have socks on they get super dirty, if you have bare feet they get very dirty (getting athlete’s foot easier too) and sweat on the floor which can mess with grip also. Also not great when you are not on stallmat - if it’s wood or concrete, you won’t be able to produce the same grip as a thin sole. To say nothing of temps if it’s cold. Barefoot squatting fixes a lot of mechanical shoe-induced problems but does present challenges of its own (and no competition allows you to be shoeless).

Think of Bearfoot shoes like one of those rubber grippy circles you place over the palm of your hand to give you more traction while opening a jar (back before you grew up lol), like your mother probably had in a kitchen drawer.

Gives you some protection, keeps your feet clean, works on any surface better than barefoot, allows free movement.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 1st, 2023 (Sunday)

Average Weekly Weight: 205lbs (-2lbs)

Superset, 3 sets
--1a. Hamstring Curls, 8 reps
--1b. RDL's, 8 reps 155lbs, 185lbs, 200lbs

Squats (Tempo,);
3 sets 6 reps 155lbs, 175lbs, 200lbs

Dbl Split Squat;
3 sets 8 reps

Cardio; 45 mins

Still working on diet but getting better, weekly average:
Calories: 1,714
Fat: 59
Carbs: 114
Fiber: 26
Protein: 198

Coach looked at last weeks bench, squats and OHP's. This week on squats main focus is to keep head/ neck in line with rest of spine and not to push my chest up so much. Looking at today's video compared to last work think I am getting better. Will see what he says about my RDL's.

Last edited:
SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will always like barefoot best (personal preference) but since getting these I really haven’t taken them off now that I thinking it lol.

But as Hyde stated there are many reasons to shoe up. I know Band pegs have sparked my rage more than 50 times.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 2nd, 2023 (Monday)

Super Set; 3 sets

Bench;
2 sets 8 reps 190lbs, 205lbs
1 set 6 reps 215lbs

Bench, Feet on Bench;
3 sets 6 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 160lbs

Skullies;
3 sets 12 reps 60lbs

Cardio; 45 mins

Slept horrible last night and rest times were pretty quick. Joined the new gym but the benches were busy and had to move a bench into a rack. Last set ended up hitting the rack x2. Bad session but at least got the work done.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You take your RDLs down lower than I do, I usually am a couple inches higher than that but I like to pause my very last one down about that low. I should probably go a bit lower...

Kabuki has video just for clients and the tutorials for the Big 3 hands down are the best videos I have seen, wish could share. Since starting powerlifting always used wrestling shoes and one thing I noticed is they are narrow and actually squish my foot in. Watching the videos and actually learning to root realized I need new shoes. Chris Duffin is co-founder for a shoe that is made for powerlifters. Ordered a pair and hoping they workout good.

https://bearfoot.store/
Looking forward to a review on them. YEARS ago when Reebok partnered, I think with Mark Bell... and created a hightop for DL's etc I picked up a pair. I still have them nearly a decade later since they only get worn once a week but I really love them. Since I seem to flare up my plantar issues fairly easily I can't imagine every going "truly" barefoot, I need a little something. Even sandals in the summer can flare up my foot pretty nasty.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 3rd, 2022 (Tuesday)

Cardio; 40 mins

Deads;
6 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 275lbs, 315lbs, 340lbs, 370lbs, 410lbs

Squats, High Bar;
2 sets 9 reps 135lbs, 185lbs
1 set 6 reps 205lbs
Body is still getting use to the high reps. Been stuck only do 3's for years.

Dlb Bench Split Squats;
3 sets 8 reps

Biceps;
60 reps

Cardio; 30 mins

Bad sleep again on a horrible string this week for sleep. In the past was rare I could be tired and walk into the gym and hit 410x3 on deads. Only 3rd session back doing sumo so getting use to doing them again.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
YEARS ago when Reebok partnered, I think with Mark Bell... and created a hightop for DL's etc I picked up a pair. I still have them nearly a decade later since they only get worn once a week but I really love them. Since I seem to flare up my plantar issues fairly easily I can't imagine every going "truly" barefoot, I need a little something. Even sandals in the summer can flare up my foot pretty nasty.

View attachment 227113
Yeah just talked to a guy at the gym about these; the OG Crossfits were a great flat powerlifting shoe. And then they just stopped making them, and they all dried up, and we’ve all been waiting for them to return but nothing has happened.

No Bull has the worst customer service; nevermind their price gouging they just sucked ass. I’ve never had to return shoes TWICE by mail due to defects or human error. So I don’t use their stuff.

January 3rd, 2022 (Tuesday)

Cardio; 40 mins

Deads;
6 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 275lbs, 315lbs, 340lbs, 370lbs, 410lbs

Squats, High Bar;
2 sets 9 reps 135lbs, 185lbs
1 set 6 reps 205lbs
Body is still getting use to the high reps. Been stuck only do 3's for years.

Dlb Bench Split Squats;
3 sets 8 reps

Biceps;
60 reps

Cardio; 30 mins

Bad sleep again on a horrible string this week for sleep. In the past was rare I could be tired and walk into the gym and hit 410x3 on deads. Only 3rd session back doing sumo so getting use to doing them again.

You’re rushing your break on the second and especially third rep, beginning to rip it before you’re fully wedged into position. Be patient with the setup on sumo - it’s everything!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah just talked to a guy at the gym about these; the OG Crossfits were a great flat powerlifting shoe. And then they just stopped making them, and they all dried up, and we’ve all been waiting for them to return but nothing has happened.

No Bull has the worst customer service; nevermind their price gouging they just sucked ass. I’ve never had to return shoes TWICE by mail due to defects or human error. So I don’t use their stuff.

You’re rushing your break on the second and especially third rep, beginning to rip it before you’re fully wedged into position. Be patient with the setup on sumo - it’s everything!
Sounds good. Will stand up and do a total reset and see how that works.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 4th, 2023 (Wedensday)

Cardio; 40 mins

Squats;
6 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 250lbs, 265lbs, 280lbs, 295lbs, 315lbs

OHP's;
3 sets 5 reps 95lbs, 115lbs, 135lbs

Bench, Green Bands/ 45 sec rest;
10 sets 155lbs

Powell Raises;
3 sets 10 reps

Serrano Press;
3 sets 10 reps

Think my squats are getting a little better how the coach wants them. Keeping chest lower and body is more in line but still pushing head back/ up. OHP's wants my elbows in front of bar and for bench to make sure shoulder are in a good position through out. These high reps are kicking my butt in a good way. Been stuck for years just doing 3 reps on everything so body is still trying to get use to this new training.
Difference in Bearfoot vs wrestling shoes is pretty big. Now have room to expand my foot.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think you’re definitely going to see some great progress just from working in new rep ranges you’ve been neglecting.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just out of curiosity, is it intentional that the bands pull towards your head instead of straight to the floor?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the problem is that wrestling shoes have a great nostalgia, lol. When I bought my boy his first pair this year I wanted my high school shoes back. I wonder if I have them packed away somewhere.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 8th, 2023 (Sunday)

Average Weekly Weight: 205lbs (Stayed the same :mad:)

RDL's;
3 sets 8 reps 135lbs, 160lbs, 185lbs

Leg Curls;
3 sets 8 reps

Squats (Tempo)
3 sets 6 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 170lbs

Split Squats (Tempo)
3 sets 8 reps

Biceps;
60 reps

Cardio; 50 mins
Did not lose weight last week but really need to clean up snacking. Also think about 1,800ish is my baseline for calories. Just calories for diet:
Calories: 2,155
Fat: 90
Carbs: 135
Fiber: 36
Protein: 214

Coach wanted me to not lock knees out to keep tension on the hamstring the whole time. Think did a decent job.

For squats focus was pause in the hole and still work on head position to keep in line with body. Slowly getting there and notice the my pelvic tilt is improving. Only thing is you can see my big belly fat roll in the video. LOL Lots of work to do.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the bar path on those squats is a perfect line almost like a smith machine

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
the bar path on those squats is a perfect line almost like a smith machine
That is the end goal that the coach wants. Next squat session going to a lighter set of like 6 reps and switch between my old way of squatting and new just so I can better visual see the difference.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 9th, 2023 (Monday)

Super set; 3 sets

Bench;
4 sets 8 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 175lbs, 190lbs

Bench, Feet On Bench (Tempo)
3 sets 6 reps 135lbs, 140lbs, 155lbs

Rolling Tricep Extension;
3 sets 12 reps 50lbs

Cardio; 30 mins

Signed up for the meet on April 15th, 14 weeks out, and at this point do know what to expect. Switching from a conv to sumo in deads and basically tearing apart how I use to squat into a new form/ way. Usually about 12 weeks out have a feeling within 10 to 20lbs but right now could not guess. With only 16 weeks of training with this coach feel not fair to judge this meet on the coach. Sometimes have to play the long game even if it means taking a couple steps back.

Feet up bench with tempo. Don't look at the belly.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 10th, 2023 (Tuesday)

Deads;
6 sets 3 reps 275lbs, 275lbs, 315lbs, 335lbs, 350lbs, 365lbs

Squats, Front;
3 sets 9 reps 95lbs, 115lbs, 130lbs

Dbl Bulgarian Split Squats;
3 sets 8 reps

Biceps;
60 reps

Cardio; 40 reps

Really wanted to take my time setting up deads and making sure setup was improving so stood up after each rep and reset. Still a lot of work to do getting use to sumo again and starting to get a better feeling of when my setup is good. 1st reps of 315lbs were coming off the floor almost before I started so that is a good thing. Noticed can get into a little better spot later on if the bar is out a little and not touching my shine. Coach wanted me to do front squats and hate them. Wrist cannot handle it and messed around and around to try a find way to do them. Forgot my wrist straps or was going to try that trick. Took 30mins just to do fronts since would do 1 rep and bar would row and had to start the set all over again. Even last set had to basically push that bar into my neck so it would not roll.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So bought some new supplements and will start around 12 weeks. A couple of them are for just general health but seems there are some benefits for lifting/ recovery.
L-Leucine 2.5mgs x2
L-Glutamine 2.5mgsx2
L-Arginine 2mgsx2
N-Acetyl Cysteine 600mgsx2
L-Carnitine 1000mgsx2
Alpha Lipoic Acid 600x2
Turkestrone 1000mgsx2

NAC and ALA seem like just a good overall supplement at least what I have been reading, specially when getting a little up there in age. Will try them out and see how I feel.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So bought some new supplements and will start around 12 weeks. A couple of them are for just general health but seems there are some benefits for lifting/ recovery.
L-Leucine 2.5mgs x2
L-Glutamine 2.5mgsx2
L-Arginine 2mgsx2
N-Acetyl Cysteine 600mgsx2
L-Carnitine 1000mgsx2
Alpha Lipoic Acid 600x2
Turkestrone 1000mgsx2

NAC and ALA seem like just a good overall supplement at least what I have been reading, specially when getting a little up there in age. Will try them out and see how I feel.
Guess you didn’t see the thread I made posting that routine NAC use has been shown to be linked to osteoarthritis in the knees, huh?

1 month straight in a year is all it took to find a correlation.

It’s not definitive, but it should make any serious lifter pause before adding it as a staple. Use it for a couple weeks when you are sick (it’s great during COVID and other respiratory sicknesses) or after a period of liver or organ stress, but you should read more before just keeping it as a staple.

I used it for several years straight. When I got my elbow scoped the other month the surgeon informed me I do have osteoarthritis in that elbow, and I’m only 32. And it’s not like I’m a huge bencher or train with loads of frequency or total volume, so what does that say?

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Guess you didn’t see the thread I made posting that routine NAC use has been shown to be linked to osteoarthritis in the knees, huh?

1 month straight in a year is all it took to find a correlation.

It’s not definitive, but it should make any serious lifter pause before adding it as a staple. Use it for a couple weeks when you are sick (it’s great during COVID and other respiratory sicknesses) or after a period of liver or organ stress, but you should read more before just keeping it as a staple.

I used it for several years straight. When I got my elbow scoped the other month the surgeon informed me I do have osteoarthritis in that elbow, and I’m only 32. And it’s not like I’m a huge bencher or train with loads of frequency or total volume, so what does that say?
Missed that. Def will keep in mind in what you said. My last blood work liver was super high so that is why I thought of it. Don't drink but doctor said if it was from heavy drinking. Wtf 1st ever that high so maybe just something weird going on. Going to ask for a test in a couple months to be sure nothing serious is happen

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I once had high results in the liver too and came back later in the week to retest and numbers looked good. I need to go get some baseline work done (well, dont' need to, want to now that I'm 40) but it's so hard to get dr's appts anymore.

In regards to your front squats... in my humble opinion, that power lifter front rack position is the most difficult position to do them in, IMO but for some reason all power lifters default to that. I still think the front rack position in a clean/oly position is better/easier.

There was another guy around here years ago that was strict oly, training in Europe and he said their coach would have them use straps in the front rack position to help their wrists get used to the correct positioning. On a hard set of 5 I can start with hook grip and by the last rep still have just two fingers holding the barbell in place to be honest, but the front rack position is all about "elbows up". just like a great back squat position, you can in theory front squat without your hands even touching the bar if the elbows are up high enough keeping that shelf on the forward delts for the bb to rest on, hopefully without hitting your adams apple. I think as I'm finally seeing some arm growth that larger biceps can sorta get in the way too but hey there are some huge guys with a great front rack

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dimitry Klokov has always been one of my favorites. Absolute beast of a man but even here you can see the bar is barely in his finger tips, but elbows are high and when you get in trouble in the hole drive the elbows up to the ceiling to help correct back and get up.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 11th, 2023 (Wednesday)

Squats;
6 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 225lbs, 250lbs, 250lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs

OHP's;
3 sets 5 reps 100lbs, 120lbs, 140lbs

Bench, Green Bands/ 45 sec rest;
10 sets 2 reps 145lbs

Powell Raises;
3 sets 10 reps

Serrano Press;
3 sets 10 reps

Woke up tired and with a headache, really didn't feeling like working out today. Went a little lighter on squats to work on my form. I feel improving little by little.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This was my blood work for liver:
AST (GOT)94 unit/L5 - 43 unit/LH
ALT (SGPT)179 unit/L10 - 58 unit/LH
My Test Levels: She wanted it about 1/2 through the week of my TRT, 100mg cyp
Testosterone393 ng/dL193 - 740 ng/dL
Males: 18-49 years old: 249-836 ng/dl
Males: 50 years and older: 193-740 ng/dl
Note: For patients under 17 years, normal ranges vary by age and pubertal
status.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I once had high results in the liver too and came back later in the week to retest and numbers looked good. I need to go get some baseline work done (well, dont' need to, want to now that I'm 40) but it's so hard to get dr's appts anymore.

In regards to your front squats... in my humble opinion, that power lifter front rack position is the most difficult position to do them in, IMO but for some reason all power lifters default to that. I still think the front rack position in a clean/oly position is better/easier.

There was another guy around here years ago that was strict oly, training in Europe and he said their coach would have them use straps in the front rack position to help their wrists get used to the correct positioning. On a hard set of 5 I can start with hook grip and by the last rep still have just two fingers holding the barbell in place to be honest, but the front rack position is all about "elbows up". just like a great back squat position, you can in theory front squat without your hands even touching the bar if the elbows are up high enough keeping that shelf on the forward delts for the bb to rest on, hopefully without hitting your adams apple. I think as I'm finally seeing some arm growth that larger biceps can sorta get in the way too but hey there are some huge guys with a great front rack
I agree with the FS statement. I have always had mobility issues, but that power position sucks and I always want to lean forward. When I do tricep and wrist mobility to ply position, it feels so much better.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah those are high liver enzymes. You could try some TUDCA.

Squats looked good man!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah those are high liver enzymes. You could try some TUDCA.

Squats looked good man!
Thanks about the squats!! Will check it out. If NAC is that bad longer term will run for a few weeks but really looking for something can use long term. In a few months will ask for another blood draw and see if there is improvement. I am a little slow but coach emailed me a video of him reviewing my lifts and workouts. Been so focused on numbers all the time never thought about what he was actually looking for. We wants me to slow tempo bench/ squat down and focus on form through out and not weight. For deads he noticed no hip drive so wants me to put a band around my hips to pull against me. Think if I use a 100+ dlb and put like 5 to 10lbs plates in front should not roll hopefully. Will try it out next week.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How heavy of dumbbells did you have to use for the banded bench you did there?

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 15th, 2023 (Sunday)

Average Weekly Weight: 204lbs (-1lb)

Super Set, 4 sets
--1a. RLD's, Snatch Grip 8 reps 135lbs, 135lbs, 150lbs, 160lbs
--1b. Leg Curls, 8 reps

Squats, (Tempo);
4 sets 6 reps 135lbs, 135lbs, 150lbs, 175lbs

Dbl Split Squats (Tempo)
3 sets 8 reps

Biceps;
60 reps

Cardio; 60 mins

Slowed down bot RDLs and Squats today and overall think squats are really coming along pretty good. Been lazy but need to loosen belt a notch, to tight so cannot expand/ bracing good enough. On paper this looks like the easy day but in some way the hardest since everything is slow and I keep rest times around 40ish secs. At the end dripping sweat and breathing heavy. 13 weeks out so hoping in next week or so changes are coming.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 16th, 2023 (Monday)

Super Set, 3 sets

Bench Press;
4 sets 8 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 175lbs, 195lbs

Bench Press, Feet Up (Tempo);
3 sets 6 reps 135lbs

Skullies;
3 sets 12 reps

Cardio; 45 mins

Slowed things down on feet up bench press. Main focus today was trying to stay tight throughout and explode out of the bottom.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 17th, 2023 (Tuesday)

Cardio; 60 mis

Deads, Banded At Hip;
6 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs, 315lbs, 350lbs, 385lbs

Deads;
1 set 1 rep 420lbs**Just wanted to see how things looked heavier

Front Squats;
3 sets 9 reps 100lbs, 120lbs, 140lbs

Bulgarian Split Squats;
3 sets 8 reps

Biceps;
60 reps

Banded deads seemed to help with connecting using the hips and things did seem a little better today. Watching the videos noticed too I am pull up and not back, that too should help with me using my hips more. Older videos almost seem like I am squatting the bar up and then finishing the top like a conv dead. Remember wrist straps so front squats went a little easier today.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 18th, 2023 (Wednesday)

Cardio; 45 mins

Squats;
6 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 225lbs, 250lbs, 265lbs, 280lbs, 295lbs

OHP's;
3 sets 5 reps 105lbs, 125lbs, 145lbs

Bench, Green Bands;
10 sets 2 reps 155lbs

Powell Raises;
3 sets 10 reps

Serrano Press;
3 sets 10 reps

Woke up and just felt totally drained and really didn't want to go in today. Was a struggle but at least got the work in. Forgot my phone so no videos and it is probably a good thing because I could just tell on squats my form was horrible.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
maybe that heavy pull yesterday dogged you a bit?
hard to tell for sure but in these new videos it sure looks like your quads and hammies are looking beefy

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, your legs look thick.

We all have those days, but you got the miles in anyway.

Tough work doing squats the day after deadlifts. That would be so fatiguing to me

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Tough work doing squats the day after deadlifts. That would be so fatiguing to me
Yeah that is a tall order indeed!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah that is a tall order indeed!
maybe that heavy pull yesterday dogged you a bit?
hard to tell for sure but in these new videos it sure looks like your quads and hammies are looking beefy

Typically been on this split for some time but thinking with the tempo squats on Sunday and then Wednesday the fronts is hammering my quads and just not enough time to recover 100%. Right now that is fine since deads are my focus and like last meet if squats have to stay back that is fine. They say video adds like 10lbs so thinking that is why my legs seem big :) Which I will take. 12 weeks this Saturday so hoping for some changes.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 22nd, 2023 (Sunday)

Average Weekly Weight: 204lbs (-0)

Super Set, 3 sets;
--1a. Leg Curls
--1b. RDL's, Snatch Grip 3 sets 8 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 175lbs

Squats (Tempo);
3 sets 6 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 175lbs

Dbl Split Squats;
3 sets 8 reps

Different gym today and some reason squat videos really did not capture everything like the previous ones. Maybe to far and set it to be to in line? Coached wanted to make sure I did a good pause in the hole so some reps were a little to quick going down since that is all I was thinking about at the time. Hard to tell with today's video but think form was pretty good. Found out a couple weeks ago with our insurance we can sign up for gym that in their network for $28 a month for like 5 to 7 gyms and that is it, $28 total. Some have restrictions like today's gym is just 12 to 4 but they do have a really nice sauna/ steam room so went there today to use it afterwards.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I usually try to set the camera at like a 45deg angle if I was using coaches eye or recording for someone who's sending the video to an online coach so that I can sorta get most angles. too far forward and you can't really tell what the back is doing etc.

I need to look into that ins thing. one of my co-workers just discovered a similar deal for our local gyms. I had joined LA Fitness because it's all that was available but the one in Tacoma is actually really cool. a good lifting room, real oly platforms, pool, basketball court etc and I get to bring a person with me for free on every visit so I take my boy with me once a week

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
January 23rd, 2023 (Monday)

Bench;
4 sets 8 reps 135lbs, 160lbs, 180lbs, 200lbs

Bench, Knees Up (Tempo)
3 sets 6 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 175lbs

Skullies;
3 sets 12 reps

That is a wrap for the week, sick yet again. Think 4th or 5th time since October. Use to get sick once a year and that was right when winter was ending and going into spring.