Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
linedriver465

linedriver465

Awards
thats an interesting article

is there anything in it which is relevant to the discussion we are having here about high estrogens causing moodiness in men?
Irritable Male Syndrome?
publish.csiro.au/paper/RD01077

**sorry, can't post direct links yet

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
thats an interesting article

is there anything in it which is relevant to the discussion we are having here about high estrogens causing moodiness in men?
I don't know about that article, but from what I've learned, estrogen mediates bond formation and may be a cause of irritability if pathologically elevated during brain development (<25 years of age). A lot of test-booster users do fall in that age group.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Wait....
Is this whole DAA scare based on the old boring aspartame scare?

If so,I don`t give a flying **** about it...
I`ve been chewing ****ing aspartame gum for every day for ****ing 15 years now
I will gladly enjoy my DAA

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
via oxytocin?
There is a mechanism independent of this during development, related to female to female interactions (the biochemistry of which has only been demonstrated in rats of course). Conflict between two females abolishes potential for a future friendship in an estrogen-dose-dependent manner. Testosterone mediates the opposing effect in men, with higher levels associated with a strengthening of potential for future friendships, even over those subjects in which a conflict never occurred at all (control).

Oxytocin does have other interesting female-specific effects though. For instance, it's probably the reason females have a stronger memory than males in the general population, as memory formation in females is mediated by a stronger emotional response via oxytocin.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
There is a mechanism independent of this during development, related to female to female interactions (the biochemistry of which has only been demonstrated in rats of course). Conflict between two females abolishes potential for a future friendship in an estrogen-dose-dependent manner. Testosterone mediates the opposing effect in men, with higher levels associated with a strengthening of potential for future friendships, even over those subjects in which a conflict never occurred at all (control).

Oxytocin does have other interesting female-specific effects though. For instance, it's probably the reason females have a stronger memory than males in the general population, as memory formation in females is mediated by a stronger emotional response via oxytocin.

is this your area or research or something?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
is this your area or research or something?
My thesis used a rat model of brain monoamines and NTs in response to stressors, but no, most of that info is from a module we recently completed (hence why it's so fresh).

kateean2

Awards
Don't have any comments on the science side of it..

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Wait....
Is this whole DAA scare based on the old boring aspartame scare?

If so,I don`t give a flying **** about it...
I`ve been chewing ****ing aspartame gum for every day for ****ing 15 years now
I will gladly enjoy my DAA
Well is it?

Give me a brake guys,I would like to open my tub of DAA already,it`s been sitting on the shelf collecting dust 4 months now.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Coop you are a smart dude man

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I cant remember having any issues taking it. Pwos make me emotional! Lol

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
DAA gives me the "brain fog" feeling and also gives me a weird sort of chill effect in my head/neck area. I'm not talking chill like relax either, I'm talking about an odd feeling of cold that is also complimented by a light headache at most times. It happened the 2nd and 3rd times I took it at full dose. 1st go round I had no ill effects at all. I'm not using the stuff anymore though as it's definitely not worth it for me personally.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This thread is the cause of a lot of DAA paranoia...

There will always be studies showing one thing as toxic and another showing it safe.

- Valdez

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've run DAA 3 times once for 6 weeks and twice for 4 weeks. Never had one side. I notice a lot of people on here talking about 7-12 day cycles. Doesn't it take 14 days on average to start yielding any hormonal change?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've run DAA 3 times once for 6 weeks and twice for 4 weeks. Never had one side. I notice a lot of people on here talking about 7-12 day cycles. Doesn't it take 14 days on average to start yielding any hormonal change?
Human study shows an increase around 12 day mark.

-Snappin some s h i t up.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
There is a 3 month human study noting no ill effects. Use your tub.
Thanks Mr.Coop.

I`ll probably open it tomorrow.

btw has anyone tried using less than the recommended dose of 3 grams?

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Mr.Coop.

I haven't personally tried it, but the dose of 3 grams is recommended because it's effective. I think less would be a waste. But that's just my 2 cents.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Mr.Coop.

I have, not purposely. The company I used DAA for my first time had the wrong scooper for the suggested serving size, or vice versa. I can't remember exactly but it equated to about 1.5 g. At that dose, it didn't do a whole lot, go with 3.

- Valdez

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have, not purposely. The company I used DAA for my first time had the wrong scooper for the suggested serving size, or vice versa. I can't remember exactly but it equated to about 1.5 g. At that dose, it didn't do a whole lot, go with 3.

- Valdez
That's messed up.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks Mr.Coop.

What would be the point?
To save money?

-Snappin some s h i t up.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Your on point! This is one of the reasons we took Daa out of our Form-x and replaced it with calcium lactate. Our new formulation will also have an awesome new AI ( Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione). Awesome replacement to Daa!
No hate, but doesn't erase already have this compound? Ergo, its not all that new.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No hate, but doesn't erase already have this compound? Ergo, its not all that new.
Yup, it's just Erase AI. Nothing beats the tried and true original though, unless we're speaking of Erase Pro.

thesponge18

Awards
I've been reading through this thread up and down. I'm more confused than when I started. So, in simplest terms, DAA can potentially help stimulate test production and therefore help in increasing strength, but has a similar neurological effect as MSG in the brain? Considering I've ran it a few times, I'd like to know.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I've been reading through this thread up and down. I'm more confused than when I started. So, in simplest terms, DAA can potentially help stimulate test production and therefore help in increasing strength, but has a similar neurological effect as MSG in the brain? Considering I've ran it a few times, I'd like to know.

it is an NMDA agonist. Glutamate (MSG) is also an NMDA agonist

However DAA seems to accumulate in very specific parts of the brain. Glutamate may accumlate in completely differernt parts of the brain

so yeah there are similarities, but perhaps alot of differernces too

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
If it were to increase test levels at all,which it doesn`t,because I have done bloods on it and it didn`t do jack **** for T,
such an increase(30%) would not increase strength,and anyone who claims differently is either lying or experiencing placebo.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
If it were to increase test levels at all,which it doesn`t,because I have done bloods on it and it didn`t do jack **** for T.

it increases it for most people however there are some non responders

and yeah it doesnt blow testosterone through the roof for anyone, however it has some mental effects outside of test boosting which many find positive. Reportedly there are nmda receptors in the neuromuscular junction of skeletal muscle too, but what signiifcance this has is not known yet

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
it increases it for most people however there are some non responders

and yeah it doesnt blow testosterone through the roof for anyone, however it has some mental effects outside of test boosting which many find positive. Reportedly there are nmda receptors in the neuromuscular junction of skeletal muscle too, but what signiifcance this has is not known yet
Maybe that was the reason I experienced insane libido the first few days I was using it.

thesponge18

Awards
In short, if I'm understanding this correctly, it's potential side effects are similar to glutamate in the brain? And this would be because it can impair memory, specifically short term, correct? This makes sense, considering DAA is an asparate.

^Or am I completely off?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
In short, if I'm understanding this correctly, it's potential side effects are similar to glutamate in the brain? And this would be because it can impair memory, specifically short term, correct? This makes sense, considering DAA is an asparate.^Or am I completely off?
long term potentiation has been shown to be enhanced by NMDA agonists.I dont know what evidence would suggest NMDA agonists would impair short term memory. Of course if you raise levels in brain to toxic levels u destroy neurons but there is no reason to believe oral daa could ever do that

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In short, if I'm understanding this correctly, it's potential side effects are similar to glutamate in the brain? And this would be because it can impair memory, specifically short term, correct? This makes sense, considering DAA is an asparate.

^Or am I completely off?
The fact of the matter is much of DAA is still unknown. There are studies showing that it increases learning and then there are those that are extrapolating harmful side effects from rodent data. We don't have any (as far as I know) valid studies specifically answering this question.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Is L-Glutamine considered a NMDA agonist? Would supplementing with glutamine have similar neuro toxic risks?

thesponge18

Awards
The fact of the matter is much of DAA is still unknown. There are studies showing that it increases learning and then there are those that are extrapolating harmful side effects from rodent data. We don't have any (as far as I know) valid studies specifically answering this question.
long term potentiation has been shown to be enhanced by NMDA agonists.I dont know what evidence would suggest NMDA agonists would impair short term memory. Of course if you raise levels in brain to toxic levels u destroy neurons but there is no reason to believe oral daa could ever do that
Well. Caution is best, especially with something still relatively new and unknown; not debating that. In lieu of that: have either of you taken Trib? Always see relatively positive things about it and would like to give it a run just for the sake of seeing it's effects. And if it's effective, or you've found it to be, what are the dosages that show gains?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well. Caution is best, especially with something still relatively new and unknown; not debating that. In lieu of that: have either of you taken Trib? Always see relatively positive things about it and would like to give it a run just for the sake of seeing it's effects. And if it's effective, or you've found it to be, what are the dosages that show gains?
Not a fan of trib man... much better alternatives out there.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Trib is just for libido.

thesponge18

Awards
Best alternatives with lowest risk of negative sides, then?

mbarton

Awards
I took DAA for 6 weeks. First 3 weeks @3g/day split up 3x/ day. Second 3 weeks @5g/day 2g/breakfast 2g/preworkout and 1g bf bed.
Only positive things to say about DAA, king in bed, crazy aggression, gains in stength and size, and lost alot of fat off the stomach.
I had to watch my temper around my wife, I tended to snap more than often, and had to remind mysef that I was the "aggressive" one. Being an animal in bed balanced it all out!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Granted you only need 3 grams DAA per day, those are some great results.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I took DAA for 6 weeks. First 3 weeks @3g/day split up 3x/ day. Second 3 weeks @5g/day 2g/breakfast 2g/preworkout and 1g bf bed.
Only positive things to say about DAA, king in bed, crazy aggression, gains in stength and size, and lost alot of fat off the stomach.
I had to watch my temper around my wife, I tended to snap more than often, and had to remind mysef that I was the "aggressive" one. Being an animal in bed balanced it all out!
What brand were you using?
When did it kick in for ya?
Why did you dose so high?

When I run daa, I notice a huge increase in appetite, and u lost fat huh?

mbarton

Awards
What brand were you using?
When did it kick in for ya?
Why did you dose so high?

When I run daa, I notice a huge increase in appetite, and u lost fat huh?[/QUOT
Brand: Trec
Dosing: Yes, I upped the dosage bc after the first 3 weeks I wasn't getting the same feeling, everybody's body is not the same. After upping it from 3 to 5, it just seemed right.
Weight: I lost fat from my abs, but I didn't lose weight. I also ate alot healthier than usual and cut out all sweets and alcohol during the 6 weeks.
Healthier diet, no alcohol, DAA, dedicated training so I assume they all contributed equally to the desired result.
I am currently 3 weeks into an 8 week run of Activate Xtreme/Triazole stack, and getting great results and plan on adding DAA the last 4 weeks. Again, healthy diet, and no alcohol for max results.

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
Dosing: Yes, I upped the dosage bc after the first 3 weeks I wasn't getting the same feeling, everybody's body is not the same. After upping it from 3 to 5, it just seemed right.
Weight: I lost fat from my abs, but I didn't lose weight. I also ate alot healthier than usual and cut out all sweets and alcohol during the 6 weeks.
Healthier diet, no alcohol, DAA, dedicated training so I assume they all contributed equally to the desired result.
I am currently 3 weeks into an 8 week run of Activate Xtreme/Triazole stack, and getting great results and plan on adding DAA the last 4 weeks. Again, healthy diet, and no alcohol for max results.
Activate and Triazole kicked my ass (especially w/ DAA), it felt like an Hdrol cycle for me. Even kept me up at night in between crazy REM dreams. I had to start taking melatonin. It was my first test booster so maybe had something to do with it. Best natty stack I've ever tried out of about 10 diff stacks.