Cutting Log

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Next time around hit me up for some ideas. Im trying to work on making some moves to do more online training and i need some test monkeys willing to log stuff.
I might be interested in hitting you up for a short 6-12 week cut, I don't want to do a contest prep like Kleen but I'm interested in see what I could do with the accountability of a coach in the new year for a short cut.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You have to ask yourself what you want, do you want a friend or a coach?

Now a friend can be your coach and a coach can down the road become a friend, but honestly do you need constant responses?

I don't mean this in like a negative do you need it (and implying you don't), but in a you need to think about what you want out of the scenario kind of thing.

I come from this looking at both sides, but honestly the psychology of coaching is one of the bigger aspects people neglect. You should seek out an individual who not only can provide the X+Y of programming, but who you can connect on a philosophical level about how they arrive at choices, how they communicate, and who can fulfill the specific needs you have (and remember everyone is different your needs are your needs don't feel dissuaded or like you need to be like anyone else).

I say this because I am very close with the individual who writes my training. It is probably more of a collaborative effort, but at the same time the way we work there may be times when we are just in a groove and he is just making weekly updates as needed and I may literally not even talk to him about my training for a couple months. Other times we are tweaking and have lots of back and forth, so it can vary.

Sorry for the long post, just basically saying if you change be real about the expectations you have and try to find someone that fits the mold you personally need. There are lots of coaches out there, too many are absolute garbage, but when a fit doesn't work that doesn't mean they are bad either. Good luck! :)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I’d be down to be a Guinea pig! You clearly know your stuff, i prepaid through the next couple months with him but when that’s up I am a free agent so to speak lol

I can change the log and start a new one to pick up where we begin if we do end up doing that. I can do email/text/call/FaceTime whatever!
Thats perfect. That will put you close to spring anyways. Shoot me a dm in a few months.
I might be interested in hitting you up for a short 6-12 week cut, I don't want to do a contest prep like Kleen but I'm interested in see what I could do with the accountability of a coach in the new year for a short cut.
I was gonna bring it up in the spring and see if anyone was interested. Even if its just bouncing ideas and check ins. Il talk about it more in one of my logs so im not clogging this up.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Silly me for thinking that I was going to get away with no back pumps

11/20/23
Pulls ups (warmup) 2xfailure
Body weight-10,7.5

1 arm pull down 1 max set 8 reps (60 sec rest same weight to failure then 3 drop set)
40-12 55-8 85-8
85-8 70-5 55-5 40-6 no straps

Pull ups 2xfailure
Body weight-3,3

Chest supported row machine MTS 1 max set 12 reps (60 sec rest same weight to failure then 3 drop set) (straps)
115-8 130-12 had to use machine
130-16 115-12 100-10 85-12 then partials

Warmup lying (seated only) hamstring curls 2x15-20
40-20,20

Smith machine bent over row work to 1 max set 8-10 reps
25-12 70-8 110-8 160-6 (form fell off) straps last set 110-8 good form with straps

Smith machine RDLs or deadlift (alternate) 1 max set of 10 reps
110-8 160-6 220-2 feeler reps 220-6 back pumps 200-2 back pumps too bad - straps RDLs

20 minutes 9 incline 3.2mph

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You have to ask yourself what you want, do you want a friend or a coach?

Now a friend can be your coach and a coach can down the road become a friend, but honestly do you need constant responses?

I don't mean this in like a negative do you need it (and implying you don't), but in a you need to think about what you want out of the scenario kind of thing.

I come from this looking at both sides, but honestly the psychology of coaching is one of the bigger aspects people neglect. You should seek out an individual who not only can provide the X+Y of programming, but who you can connect on a philosophical level about how they arrive at choices, how they communicate, and who can fulfill the specific needs you have (and remember everyone is different your needs are your needs don't feel dissuaded or like you need to be like anyone else).

I say this because I am very close with the individual who writes my training. It is probably more of a collaborative effort, but at the same time the way we work there may be times when we are just in a groove and he is just making weekly updates as needed and I may literally not even talk to him about my training for a couple months. Other times we are tweaking and have lots of back and forth, so it can vary.

Sorry for the long post, just basically saying if you change be real about the expectations you have and try to find someone that fits the mold you personally need. There are lots of coaches out there, too many are absolute garbage, but when a fit doesn't work that doesn't mean they are bad either. Good luck! :)
I absolutely appreciate the post! I agree with you - I do think he’s an awesome coach and personally have no issues with the way he communicates or works with me, I just felt like the one response from him I share made him look a bit bad or unprofessional and that’s not what I was intending at all so I wanted to clarify.
I was thinking of switching out of pure curiosity mostly.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Silly me for thinking that I was going to get away with no back pumps

11/20/23
Pulls ups (warmup) 2xfailure
Body weight-10,7.5

1 arm pull down 1 max set 8 reps (60 sec rest same weight to failure then 3 drop set)
40-12 55-8 85-8
85-8 70-5 55-5 40-6 no straps

Pull ups 2xfailure
Body weight-3,3

Chest supported row machine MTS 1 max set 12 reps (60 sec rest same weight to failure then 3 drop set) (straps)
115-8 130-12 had to use machine
130-16 115-12 100-10 85-12 then partials

Warmup lying (seated only) hamstring curls 2x15-20
40-20,20

Smith machine bent over row work to 1 max set 8-10 reps
25-12 70-8 110-8 160-6 (form fell off) straps last set 110-8 good form with straps

Smith machine RDLs or deadlift (alternate) 1 max set of 10 reps
110-8 160-6 220-2 feeler reps 220-6 back pumps 200-2 back pumps too bad - straps RDLs

20 minutes 9 incline 3.2mph
Pretty good looking session!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Went ahead and ordered some taurine caps, will see if it actually helps any this go around. Hoping being leaner and staying plenty hydrated and keeping on top of electrolytes will help as well.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did chest tonight - same numbers as I hit 5 days ago, but I was feeling a bit off. Pinched nerve in my back acting up and my joints have been rough lately for the first time in a very long time. A couple days off here this week will be good for me for sure.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
it's gonna serve us all well, it's hard to do though...
Certainly makes me feel worse knowing I’ll be eating like **** (relative to current diet) but then I’m also going on vacation so I’m going to continue the chaos a few more days, still hitting the gym though and will get plenty of cardio in.

Got my Glycophase packed up and ready to pop em like tic tacs over the next week!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Enjoy your holiday and vacation.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Certainly makes me feel worse knowing I’ll be eating like **** (relative to current diet) but then I’m also going on vacation so I’m going to continue the chaos a few more days, still hitting the gym though and will get plenty of cardio in.

Got my Glycophase packed up and ready to pop em like tic tacs over the next week!
Portion control is key for me. I like to set some rules ahead of time. For myself, I will avoid eating snacks like crackers/dips or anything until the meal begins (that stuff isn’t special), unless there’s a veggie tray or something. Then when we eat, I get what I want and I don’t get seconds. When I have dessert, I decide ahead of time what looks best and stick with that. I don’t try everything. And I don’t drink any calories.

Then the rest of the day, aside from periWO, I stick to lean protein only if I eat any more. Shakes, chicken breast, leftover turkey, canned tuna, thawed shrimp, Greek yogurt, etc. Obviously veggies are game.

This lets me eat everything I love with my family, not missing out on anything, without absolutely blowing the day out of the water.

Beyond trying to curb the damage, I don’t worry about it. You never know how many days you get, so enjoy your holiday!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Enjoy your holiday and vacation.
thank you sir!

Portion control is key for me. I like to set some rules ahead of time. For myself, I will avoid eating snacks like crackers/dips or anything until the meal begins (that stuff isn’t special), unless there’s a veggie tray or something. Then when we eat, I get what I want and I don’t get seconds. When I have dessert, I decide ahead of time what looks best and stick with that. I don’t try everything. And I don’t drink any calories.

Then the rest of the day, aside from periWO, I stick to lean protein only if I eat any more. Shakes, chicken breast, leftover turkey, canned tuna, thawed shrimp, Greek yogurt, etc. Obviously veggies are game.

This lets me eat everything I love with my family, not missing out on anything, without absolutely blowing the day out of the water.

Beyond trying to curb the damage, I don’t worry about it. You never know how many days you get, so enjoy your holiday!
luckily (I think) I’m not big on thanksgiving, the sweets is what will get me but my plan is to stick to Turkey/ham in the beginning since those will be the main things I enjoy and then try and be mindful of the sweets after I’m full of meat.

in Chicago, my wife and I love to try various foods and restaurants when we go it’s our “tradition” and kind of our anniversary trip because that’s where we got engaged, so I’m not going to go overboard but I know I can always reverse any damage. I’m in a better spot than I’ve ever been so I have motivation to stay that way, but I also see it as a way to still sneak in some extra hard workouts and eat to grow. We plan to share meals everywhere so we aren’t buying 2 entrees and finishing unnecessary amounts of food, this still lets us try everything we want but keeps portion under control like you said.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
thank you sir!

luckily (I think) I’m not big on thanksgiving, the sweets is what will get me but my plan is to stick to Turkey/ham in the beginning since those will be the main things I enjoy and then try and be mindful of the sweets after I’m full of meat.

in Chicago, my wife and I love to try various foods and restaurants when we go it’s our “tradition” and kind of our anniversary trip because that’s where we got engaged, so I’m not going to go overboard but I know I can always reverse any damage. I’m in a better spot than I’ve ever been so I have motivation to stay that way, but I also see it as a way to still sneak in some extra hard workouts and eat to grow. We plan to share meals everywhere so we aren’t buying 2 entrees and finishing unnecessary amounts of food, this still lets us try everything we want but keeps portion under control like you said.
Good, this sounds like a better plan than I am going to eat like sh*t then extend the chaos more days. I just wasn't going to chime in and tell you not to go overboard and mess up your hard earned progress. Hyde found a way to do it without calling you out personally which was awesome! Definitely enjoy yourself but know you can only get away with a couple days without doing some damage that will take a week or two to correct. Unfortunately we can gain fat WAY FASTER than you can burn it or gain muscle. Fat is attracted to fat, you don't even need insulin to get fat into a fat cell they just have to touch while the fat cell thinks it needs filled back up. Like right now it does. So be careful since it is an extended period of possible surplus.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
thank you sir!

Something to consider in Chicago too, if downtown there are plenty of homeless. So if you get a deep dish but don’t want to house that entire monster, give your leftovers to someone on the street.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Something to consider in Chicago too, if downtown there are plenty of homeless. So if you get a deep dish but don’t want to house that entire monster, give your leftovers to someone on the street.
Last time I got a pizza in Austin I was accosted as i left the parlor by a homeless woman how told me I was heartless and mean because I didn't give her my last 2 pieces of pizza I had saved for my dinner that evening. They shouldn't be hard to find in a place like Chicago. :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Last time I got a pizza in Austin I was accosted as i left the parlor by a homeless woman how told me I was heartless and mean because I didn't give her my last 2 pieces of pizza I had saved for my dinner that evening. They shouldn't be hard to find in a place like Chicago. :)
I kind of hate Chicagoland

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You guys are crazy! Or maybe I am lol I don’t like big cities but I love Chicago.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah we are staying downtown the entire time. We’ve had our countless homeless encounters but I always just ignored them, got used to it working in Dallas.
But while I love to give when I can, when it comes to pizza, I’m saving that for when I am about to lay down at midnight and remember “oh yeah there’s 2 slices of pizza left”.

absolutely love me some cold leftover pizza. BUT, I am being mindful, I’m not afraid to put on some fat now that we are starting to “bulk” obviously extra fat is going to make the next cut worse, but as long as I don’t get to the point I was before (which I literally will not let happen) I am okay with a 12-15 week cut. 20-25 weeks is where I hit my limit this last time.

That is not an excuse to binge this week, though. I’m still learning to manage I don’t have to eat until I’m full. I will feel full a few minutes later.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Weight after vacation was 205lbs, up from 192lbs lol (it was 195 week previous not sure why the drop to 192 so it looks worse)

Last update (Sunday) was 5 days after vacation back on meal plan and weight was down to 201 and that seems to be where I'm going to hover. Vacation was good, averaged 20-30k steps a day and still lifted every morning. Made sure to hit protein goals and then ate actually fairly modestly, so the large gain was surprising to me. I ate probably half what I normally would have seeing as we shared many meals and had no alcohol.

Nonetheless, still got a couple weeks of anavar at 50mg ed. Upped test to 300mg/wk. Was going to increase to 400mg/wk (titrating up since I have been so sensitive to sides lately), but Sunday coach said do not increase past 300mg. Doesn't see the point in going to 400. May be a miscommunication and he thought I was going to stop there, but he doesn't want to change anything until body weight drops back down which is understandable. Obviously I didn't gain 10lbs of fat, tbh I thought I looked pretty decent after all that food but he wasn't super happy. Really just looked like I was holding a little extra water but really felt like muscles filled out quite a bit from the added food.

Will see how this update goes Sunday,, I've been on track 100% diet wise now for 9 days, will be 12 by next update. Urge to have unplanned cheats has gone way down and the urge to binge super hard on my planned cheats is also down. The added bit of food from before vacation really helped that. He wants me to stay below 15% bf on this bulk, so I know we will have to take things slow or hit a mini cut after the holidays I am guessing.

I will 100% be adding Semaglutide to my next dieting phase, I am just so food obsessed when restricted and generally my appetite is very high so I figure I may as well use the tools at my disposal to my advantage. May seem like a nut up or shut up deal to a lot of you folks, while a lot of it is mental, I do think I am just naturally a more hungry person. I previously had no problems bulking at 3500-4000 calories a day for months on end. Granted it wasn't chicken and rice I was trying to shovel down, but macros were decent and I wasn't just eating chocolate and butter.

I don't think I can justify $200/mo for the rest of my life at this point for a coach, so I am going to sit down with my wife and discuss goals and what she is comfortable with. I am thinking maybe another year with a coach (may look into other options because I don't need much babysitting I don't think), I really don't think my coach spends more than an hour even just thinking about me a week - and I don't think much coaches would either after the initial diet and training setup phase.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Weight after vacation was 205lbs, up from 192lbs lol (it was 195 week previous not sure why the drop to 192 so it looks worse)

Last update (Sunday) was 5 days after vacation back on meal plan and weight was down to 201 and that seems to be where I'm going to hover. Vacation was good, averaged 20-30k steps a day and still lifted every morning. Made sure to hit protein goals and then ate actually fairly modestly, so the large gain was surprising to me. I ate probably half what I normally would have seeing as we shared many meals and had no alcohol.

Nonetheless, still got a couple weeks of anavar at 50mg ed. Upped test to 300mg/wk. Was going to increase to 400mg/wk (titrating up since I have been so sensitive to sides lately), but Sunday coach said do not increase past 300mg. Doesn't see the point in going to 400. May be a miscommunication and he thought I was going to stop there, but he doesn't want to change anything until body weight drops back down which is understandable. Obviously I didn't gain 10lbs of fat, tbh I thought I looked pretty decent after all that food but he wasn't super happy. Really just looked like I was holding a little extra water but really felt like muscles filled out quite a bit from the added food.

Will see how this update goes Sunday,, I've been on track 100% diet wise now for 9 days, will be 12 by next update. Urge to have unplanned cheats has gone way down and the urge to binge super hard on my planned cheats is also down. The added bit of food from before vacation really helped that. He wants me to stay below 15% bf on this bulk, so I know we will have to take things slow or hit a mini cut after the holidays I am guessing.

I will 100% be adding Semaglutide to my next dieting phase, I am just so food obsessed when restricted and generally my appetite is very high so I figure I may as well use the tools at my disposal to my advantage. May seem like a nut up or shut up deal to a lot of you folks, while a lot of it is mental, I do think I am just naturally a more hungry person. I previously had no problems bulking at 3500-4000 calories a day for months on end. Granted it wasn't chicken and rice I was trying to shovel down, but macros were decent and I wasn't just eating chocolate and butter.

I don't think I can justify $200/mo for the rest of my life at this point for a coach, so I am going to sit down with my wife and discuss goals and what she is comfortable with. I am thinking maybe another year with a coach (may look into other options because I don't need much babysitting I don't think), I really don't think my coach spends more than an hour even just thinking about me a week - and I don't think much coaches would either after the initial diet and training setup phase.
The RP Diet App, and the RP Hypertrophy app will cost you around 60 a month for both i think. basically like having a coach, it uses their dietary and training algorithms they train people with anyway. So that might be worthwhile instead.

Also, you aren't really paying a coach for the time he spends thinking about your situation. You pay them for their expertise and that it only takes them an hour to set you up with the changes they see need to happen for you to get to your goal. That tends to be years of experience and studying which is what you pay for more than the actual time spent doing the coaching.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The RP Diet App, and the RP Hypertrophy app will cost you around 60 a month for both i think. basically like having a coach, it uses their dietary and training algorithms they train people with anyway. So that might be worthwhile instead.

Also, you aren't really paying a coach for the time he spends thinking about your situation. You pay them for their expertise and that it only takes them an hour to set you up with the changes they see need to happen for you to get to your goal. That tends to be years of experience and studying which is what you pay for more than the actual time spent doing the coaching.
That makes perfect sense, not trying to negate coaches work or what all they do by any meanszx

you’re right that is a perfect point I didn’t think about. It makes sense - I guess just for me personally I need to learn to control myself and hold myself accountable. I have enough resources now to get input as needed to manage this myself I believe. But again, will probably wait another several months before trying. I am building new habits every month that are only going to help!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not sure wtf happened up there lol
Yeah, and don't forget you can always bounce things off of us once you are ready to pull the trigger on doing it on your own.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hunger is like pain - you can never feel it for someone else. Like how some people will say their pain is a 7 when they stubbed their toe, while the guy next to them in the ER waiting area with a roofing nail in his head is reporting a 2.

So I wouldn’t fixate on the idea that you may be a “hungrier” person than someone else. If you want to try it despite the potential side effects because you believe it may be worthwhile for your goals, that’s as good a reason as any to do it. But don’t allow yourself to believe in defeatist ideas that you have it harder than someone else. You just want it easier than it is, and you know about these tools that might help. The latter mindset is empowering, the former coping.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hunger is like pain - you can never feel it for someone else. Like how some people will say their pain is a 7 when they stubbed their toe, while the guy next to them in the ER waiting area with a roofing nail in his head is reporting a 2.

So I wouldn’t fixate on the idea that you may be a “hungrier” person than someone else. If you want to try it despite the potential side effects because you believe it may be worthwhile for your goals, that’s as good a reason as any to do it. But don’t allow yourself to believe in defeatist ideas that you have it harder than someone else. You just want it easier than it is, and you know about these tools that might help. The latter mindset is empowering, the former coping.
Agreed, however i have been hearing about a lot of competitors and coaches recommending it during the last several weeks of prep when things get a lot harder. Basically under the assumption that the less stress, the less muscular catabolism, and feeling like you are consistently starving while already at very low energy and calorie levels brings on a lot of additional stress. However that being said most people don't ever get to that point in a diet unless for a competition or maybe an important photoshoot.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed, however i have been hearing about a lot of competitors and coaches recommending it during the last several weeks of prep when things get a lot harder. Basically under the assumption that the less stress, the less muscular catabolism, and feeling like you are consistently starving while already at very low energy and calorie levels brings on a lot of additional stress. However that being said most people don't ever get to that point in a diet unless for a competition or maybe an important photoshoot.
I don’t think there is anything wrong with using PEDs; I am all about building a better animal by any means conceivable that is worth the squeeze to the user.

I just think saying things along the lines of “I get hungrier than the average person” is inherently negative self-talk. It’s like people saying their obesity comes down to their genetics. They may certainly have genetics to need less calories, have worse insulin sensitivity, or store fat easier, but it doesn’t put the food in their mouth for them.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t think there is anything wrong with using PEDs; I am all about building a better animal by any means conceivable that is worth the squeeze to the user.

I just think saying things along the lines of “I get hungrier than the average person” is inherently negative self-talk. It’s like people saying their obesity comes down to their genetics. They may certainly have genetics to need less calories, have worse insulin sensitivity, or store fat easier, but it doesn’t put the food in their mouth for them.
No doubt, I agree 100%, I was just pointing out that it does seem to have it's time where it may be truly beneficial in a prep. I have often had those conversations with people who say they diet and can't lose weight and my answer is always "well then you were eating too much. Regardless of how low the calories were if it wasn't low enough for you to lose weight you just didn't go low enough. Everything else is an excuse or a legitimate CHALLENGE due to a slower metabolism, but that does not mean you can not do it.

A long time ago I started taking accountability for my failures. I say things like I chose to have a cheat meal, or I chose to eat more than I should have. Not act like it was not my decision based on how hungry I was leaving me no choice.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Great way of looking at it, thank you. Still trying to figure out the whole self positivity/self empowerment stuff and honestly never would have noticed that phrase being negative towards my mindset or used as a coping mechanism.

Really appreciate you pointing it out.
Side note - i hate “self help” books but if you all know of any that talks about this exact thing you mentioned Hyde, I’d love to read it. I don’t care to wake up at 4am and have an ice bath type self improvement. I want to change my mindset on how I view things, as you suggested.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great way of looking at it, thank you. Still trying to figure out the whole self positivity/self empowerment stuff and honestly never would have noticed that phrase being negative towards my mindset or used as a coping mechanism.

Really appreciate you pointing it out.
Side note - i hate “self help” books but if you all know of any that talks about this exact thing you mentioned Hyde, I’d love to read it. I don’t care to wake up at 4am and have an ice bath type self improvement. I want to change my mindset on how I view things, as you suggested.
IMG_8993.JPG

Practical, easy to read in segments, no bullshit. Just talking about the different qualities, actions, & ways people can frame their mind to help produce better perceived & absolute outcomes for a more satisfying life.

$5.56 shipped for a used copy on Amazon.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Practical, easy to read in segments, no bullshit. Just talking about the different qualities, actions, & ways people can frame their mind to help produce better perceived & absolute outcomes for a more satisfying life.

$5.56 shipped for a used copy on Amazon.
Ordered it! Thank you man.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also wanted to note - I’m not paying nearly as much for this coach as I was thinking. So long as his pricing doesn’t increase or he doesn’t push me to his next “tier” I can justify him. Cheaper than a months run of handful of supplements I’d be trying and getting less out of anyways.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yesterday’s check in went well.. weights sitting at 200lbs flat.

big jump from vacation still but overall bloat is down and he thinks we look okay and was going to up my calories sometime this week.

strength is going up, but so is joint pain so kind of double edged sword because I want to keep pushing weight but don’t want to injure myself.

was able to get 75lbs for 9 reps as my top set for DB incline chest press last week. Failed on rep 9 and tweaked my shoulder a bit, wife was spotting me but didn’t do a good job but that is 100% my fault, she has no reason to know how to spot correctly so it’s on me for pushing it. Had to drop to 65s yesterday to play it safe.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wife was spotting me but didn’t do a good job but that is 100% my fault, she has no reason to know how to spot correctly so it’s on me for pushing it. Had to drop to 65s yesterday to play it safe.
it's sorta funny when you have a regular lifting buddy you don't think about it cause you're in sync but when I have a new spotter I sorta go over the game plan before we even get started. When it's my 14yr old spotting me I remind him to get his feet braced so that if I do need him, he doesn't come off balance and fall on me with the barbell etc.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about the shoulder acting up, give it a breather and maybe focus on something else productive you can train that doesn’t hurt it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday’s check in went well.. weights sitting at 200lbs flat.

big jump from vacation still but overall bloat is down and he thinks we look okay and was going to up my calories sometime this week.

strength is going up, but so is joint pain so kind of double edged sword because I want to keep pushing weight but don’t want to injure myself.

was able to get 75lbs for 9 reps as my top set for DB incline chest press last week. Failed on rep 9 and tweaked my shoulder a bit, wife was spotting me but didn’t do a good job but that is 100% my fault, she has no reason to know how to spot correctly so it’s on me for pushing it. Had to drop to 65s yesterday to play it safe.
If for hypertrophy, maybe back off the RPE on your main working sets and add some rest pauses to them to get more of the hard reps without ever getting to the point you need a spot. Far less risky business there if the goal is hypertrophy. Now if the strength is a huge portion of this then you would still want to stay at least one rep shy of failure on all sets unless actually testing your max.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think part of my problem is I sleep on my side, there is no way to do so without putting my shoulders in a funky position I don’t think. Just have a hard time falling asleep on my back.

shoulder was feeling better but think I slept funky last night. I’ve always had really bad joints, one shoulder surgery (same arm that is trouble right now), nerve entrapment/arthritis in both elbows and knees, my ulnar nerve snaps/pops over my elbow joint? on basically any pressing movement in both arms which sucks.

So, goal is size but I want to get stronger - I think my numbers are pretty weak, but I also have plenty of excuses I use to stray away from complete strength work. Joints in general have been a little more rough I think just with the added strength over the last few weeks.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Had to go light on legs last night and skip squats altogether (replaced with heavy leg press - meh, definitely feel the difference between the two), my lower back and knee were both hurting pretty good. Gonna pick up some general joint health supps this weekend.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Had to go light on legs last night and skip squats altogether (replaced with heavy leg press - meh, definitely feel the difference between the two), my lower back and knee were both hurting pretty good. Gonna pick up some general joint health supps this weekend.
Do you have any side effects from the var? How's your anxiety?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do you have any side effects from the var? How's your anxiety?
No sides from the var. very minor back pumps but not nearly as debilitating as other orals, but I’m also healthier than I have ever been.

anxiety was good for a couple weeks, been really bad the last week now unfortunately. Probably gonna increase the Zoloft because it was making me feel better just not 100%, so I think there’s room for improvement and I’m still at a relatively very low dose.

Only side effect from Zoloft has been daytime sleepiness and that went away for a while. But this also lent itself to being able to sleep better at night which was okay.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Took some of my own suggestion and got a sleep study scheduled for after the first of the year sometime as well and plan on getting some massages scheduled, need to get into those more often to try and get some of my back tightness and pinched nerve worked out.

strength hasn’t skyrocketed but slowly increasing week to week and my joints are feeling very weak.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
230x10 on smith squat last night btw @Hyde ;) think I’m well on my way to hitting 225 for 10 consistently.
I know that’s nothing to be proud of lol but I do remember you mentioned 225x10 should be standard, just don’t remember if it was 3x10 or not 😐

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
230x10 on smith squat last night btw @Hyde ;) think I’m well on my way to hitting 225 for 10 consistently.
I know that’s nothing to be proud of lol but I do remember you mentioned 225x10 should be standard, just don’t remember if it was 3x10 or not
I would be proud of the fact that you pushed yourself to new places & are seeing improvement. That is really what this is all about - seeing what you can get out of yourself when you commit to the work. You might just surprise yourself!

Good job scheduling the sleep study.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, hope all is well with you Sir!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks guys sorry been getting busy and side tracked.

sleep study yet to be scheduled, they are arguing with insurance over some bs. My dad is sending me a cpap/apap machine from work to try and dial in myself until they figure their stuff out.

no more anavar, just test at around 350/week. Calories have been the same since before Christmas, got a decent recomp going hovering around 206-207 the last 3 weeks so he wants to keep it here for now. Weights still going up most week, top squat set was 270x8 tonight.

sleep apnea is getting very bad though, if I’m not up actively doing something I will likely fall asleep at work just sitting at my desk. Tried nose strips but got nothing from them, my parents stayed with us last weekend and her parents stayed with us this past weekend to see the
house and everyone’s said they could hear me snoring from the second floor 😕 wife ordered some fancy Bluetooth eye mask with noise cancellation ear buds lol

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

sleep study yet to be scheduled, they are arguing with insurance over some bs. My dad is sending me a cpap/apap machine from work to try and dial in myself until they figure their stuff out.

no more anavar, just test at around 350/week. Calories have been the same since before Christmas, got a decent recomp going hovering around 206-207 the last 3 weeks so he wants to keep it here for now. Weights still going up most week, top squat set was 270x8 tonight.

sleep apnea is getting very bad though, if I’m not up actively doing something I will likely fall asleep at work just sitting at my desk. Tried nose strips but got nothing from them, my parents stayed with us last weekend and her parents stayed with us this past weekend to see the
house and everyone’s said they could hear me snoring from the second floor 😕 wife ordered some fancy Bluetooth eye mask with noise cancellation ear buds lol
Always got to be some hang up with insurance it seems. Sounds like you will greatly benefit when you do get one and get it dialed in! Looks like squats have been moving up for you.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

house and everyone’s said they could hear me snoring from the second floor wife ordered some fancy Bluetooth eye mask with noise cancellation ear buds lol
Once you get the CPAP it will be back only (which is ideal for your spine, shoulders etc), but until then you’ve got to sleep on your stomach homie.

I haven’t been able to sleep on my back without snoring for over a decade.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BMW4Life Workout Logs 5
MFTrainz Weight Loss 52
Cycle Logs 26
Anabolics 167
Cycle Logs 6