Cutting Log

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
one thing I remember that was always sorta funny and frustrating was that I could have ripped abs today, have an insane ab work out (like the kinda that makes you cry when you sneeze the next day) and my abs would completely disappear for 2 days and look like mush from the workout, the the third day come back looking even better.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
one thing I remember that was always sorta funny and frustrating was that I could have ripped abs today, have an insane ab work out (like the kinda that makes you cry when you sneeze the next day) and my abs would completely disappear for 2 days and look like mush from the workout, the the third day come back looking even better.
Local inflammation/water retention, same thing happens visibly to quads.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There might be some truth to that. I busted my ass 10-12 years ago to get abs and really my abs were better at 178 than they were at 168 (sitting at about 200 now). and these days I don't really believe in a lot of ab work because any time I lean up a bit they show just fine. but i did a TON of ab volume and lat volume for years since I did a ton of xfit comps. so it was always pull-ups, muscle ups, pulling, deadlifts, cleans, snatch etc. and then the abs were destroyed on the daily with sit ups, med ball twists, russian twists, toes to bar etc. to this day I still believe that the high volume to failure on a regular basis built me more hypertrophy than anything. my chest measurement was the same size then at 20lbs lighter than it is now.

I don't think this photo is a fair indicator of where your lats are, you just need to learn how to flare them. Abs might also just need a little practice because you are lean AF right now and looking awesome.

below is a pic from my skinny boi days on how I tried to figure out where my back was when I was doing a selfie solo lol so just food for thought in case you wanna try that angle. Another thing I have done recently is actually set my camera up in video mode then take some poses in the video... from there you can just pause the video at particular poses and take screen shots.

the problem with holding the camera like this is it was easy to get half my lats and arms / delts flexed but not the other half LOL 😅😅

View attachment 237366

you're looking hella good dude, keep up the momentum
Almost all cameras on phones have a timer delay, and if you have a real phone and not a fruit you can even just say cheese, or shoot, and the camera takes the picture for you. Just set it to 5-10 seconds, prop it on the sink against the wall walk in front of it pose and let it take your picture. Easy peazy!

Back is looking solid!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think you look pretty good dude, when at the end of a cut your mind always makes thinks seem like it’s all the worst.

Fwiw some of the ab stuff (unfortunately) may just be genetics with the shape and look. Mine are pretty garbage in that regards and it’s taken awhile to improve or accept.

If you do go about training with them keep in mind most people conflate abs, core, for looks, for performance , etc. just be conscious if you add a lot of hip flexion it can be tough on your other hip flexors (psoas etc) with other movements like squats still in your program.

I’m sure you’ll come up with a good plan and make progress though, looking shredded currently.

(
That squat everyday life had me wondering why I never had separation in my quads for a long time. 😂

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
for sure. my solution was to avoid ab work 😅

Just set it to 5-10 seconds, prop it on the sink against the wall walk in front of it pose and let it take your picture. Easy peazy!
super easy if you are solid with your poses lol. running the video on selfie mode kinda lets you go back and watch what happens while you get into position and try to find the sweet spots. I think @rascal14 here has about 6x the lats that he thinks he has once he gets the spread figured out. I'll never forget the time I pulled a lat flexing so hard in the mirror and had to wipe with my left hand for a week 😅😅😅

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
for sure. my solution was to avoid ab work 😅

super easy if you are solid with your poses lol. running the video on selfie mode kinda lets you go back and watch what happens while you get into position and try to find the sweet spots. I think @rascal14 here has about 6x the lats that he thinks he has once he gets the spread figured out. I'll never forget the time I pulled a lat flexing so hard in the mirror and had to wipe with my left hand for a week 😅😅😅
I must have done this like 48 years ago, I have been using my left my whole wiping career!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My ab genetics are definitely not great, when I’m fasted I can really pull the extra skin away and the shape isn’t all that great, so I’m honestly not keen on getting shredded to the point of having super visible unflexed abs because they won’t look the best lol but I definitely need a little something there just to try and balance things out.

ill admit I do not know how to do a lat spread, I’ve tried several times and basically came to the conclusion of “there’s no lat there to spread” lol

back has always been one of my stronger body parts, upper/traps and I’ve always had wide shoulders. I’ve always been asked if I’m a swimmer, and if not I should be. But - I can’t swim. Well, i can doggie paddle my way across a pool. Lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ill admit I do not know how to do a lat spread, I’ve tried several times and basically came to the conclusion of “there’s no lat there to spread” lol

back has always been one of my stronger body parts, upper/traps and I’ve always had wide shoulders. I’ve always been asked if I’m a swimmer, and if not I should be. But - I can’t swim. Well, i can doggie paddle my way across a pool. Lol
@MrKleen73 could probably give advice on that but in the most simplest of terms I'd say do some pull-ups and/or lat pull downs until you feel the pump and then accentuate it. your elbows are pointed back a bit in the pic you posted, they're going to come forward in a full lat spread (comparatively)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@MrKleen73 could probably give advice on that but in the most simplest of terms I'd say do some pull-ups and/or lat pull downs until you feel the pump and then accentuate it. your elbows are pointed back a bit in the pic you posted, they're going to come forward in a full lat spread (comparatively)

View attachment 237406
It is easier to coach someone in person on that but honestly this might help. Get in front of a wall, stand very close to it faving it. Like toes on the wall or almost, put your hands into position on your hips then bring your elbows and shoulders forward like you are trying to touch the wall with your elbow. Another visual is to imagine a broomstick or something right in front of your at elbow height and bring your elbows forward trying to touch it with your elbows. The pulling the arms forward is what makes the lats fall out to the side. Now once you start to feel how letting them out feels you will be able to do this with arms overhead too. However a really wide looking rear double biceps takes some work. Trying to flex the mid back while spreading out the lats is like rubbing your head and patting your tummy. It can be done but it takes practice.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It is easier to coach someone in person on that but honestly this might help. Get in front of a wall, stand very close to it faving it. Like toes on the wall or almost, put your hands into position on your hips then bring your elbows and shoulders forward like you are trying to touch the wall with your elbow. Another visual is to imagine a broomstick or something right in front of your at elbow height and bring your elbows forward trying to touch it with your elbows. The pulling the arms forward is what makes the lats fall out to the side. Now once you start to feel how letting them out feels you will be able to do this with arms overhead too. However a really wide looking rear double biceps takes some work. Trying to flex the mid back while spreading out the lats is like rubbing your head and patting your tummy. It can be done but it takes practice.
I will give it a go this weekend :) thank you!

I may not want to compete but I should probably atleast learn how to flex properly to be able to see improvements/needed improvements. Lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Diet is still right at maintenance with 20 minutes cardio 5x a week. Weight hovering steady, he moved my update to Tuesday instead of Sunday?? I don't know why, sometimes I don't think he fully reads email correctly lol and misunderstands some things.
Regardless, cheat meal will be Saturday not Sunday, give me time to drop the extra water before the update because I have still been fairly hungry throughout the day.

Anxiety is so-so, better than it was but still not perfect. No major side effects 2 weeks into zoloft at the lowest dose, so I am upping to 50mg in hopes of staying at a lowish dose. Being that I feel a bit better, I'm hoping double the dose really makes a difference. Still - Zoloft dosing goes up to like 150-200mg, my wife is on 100mg herself. Increased therapy to be weekly vs biweekly couples therapy + individual therapy every 6 weeks.

Going to try seeing the couples therapist once a week for a while then maybe switch to an actual psychiatrist at the advice of the regular therapist, as he can only fix people to a certain extent and I may be too far gone lol (not his exact words)

Sex drive the last several weeks has been zilch, not sure why but assuming its general anxiety/life stressors as all bloodwork came back normal.

I am hoping I can feel good here in a week, I've got a week of AOD left which should work out perfectly for running it at maintenance calories, let the Zoloft do its thing lol, start the Anavar, then give it a few weeks and maybe increase test a moderate amount.

Got my TUDCA, Cycle Assist, Glycophase, etc. in so I am prepped and ready for cheat meals galore and a cycle whenever it comes time. This turned into a more of a mental health log lately so apologies on that. I will get back into the fitness related stuff more. My workouts have become stagnent, weights are feeling a bit heavier and I am more tired during lifts than before. Could be the meds, could be calories, just too many variables. BUT, sleep has been significantly better this last week. Not good, but better than the 3-4 hours a night I was getting.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also forgot to mention, about 3 months too late since cardio’s way down but I’ve got 2 pairs of new running shoes coming today to try. Brooks Ghost, supposed to be decent pair but idk my size so hopefully one of the 2 I ordered fit.
Ive been lifting in running shoes, but I may start changing into those after my lift for cardio and wearing my converse for the actual lift. I feel like taking off my shoes at planet fitness for squats/deadlifts/etc. is a bad idea lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also forgot to mention, about 3 months too late since cardio’s way down but I’ve got 2 pairs of new running shoes coming today to try. Brooks Ghost, supposed to be decent pair but idk my size so hopefully one of the 2 I ordered fit.
Ive been lifting in running shoes, but I may start changing into those after my lift for cardio and wearing my converse for the actual lift. I feel like taking off my shoes at planet fitness for squats/deadlifts/etc. is a bad idea lol
Nah you'll be fine just don't grunt while you do it. ;)

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So I’m feeling impulsive and getting antsy wanting to start the anavar now. I’ve got 50 caps, so if I start now that has me ending on Christmas Eve. I’m not sure I want to carry it through the holiday, or maybe I actually do to help with the extra food I’ll be scarfing down? I figure it would shine earlier in the bulk while
I’m closer to maintenance than later when full on surplus? I’m just guessing here lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I went ahead started the anavar yesterday, I’m sure it’s just placebo but I was able to increase weight and reps on every movement today for shoulders but I’ll take placebo results all day lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am also a fat ass and cheated twice this weekend so weight was up to like 201lbs this morning lol

So aside from eating like **** stopping, CEL Cycle Assist, 20 minutes cardio 5-6x a week, anything else I should be doing with the Anavar? I finally got a BP cuff so will be logging my BP over the weeks to keep an eye on that. Everything I read says cholesterol is what anavar likes to attack so will probbly get back on my fish oil game. I go through cycles of using it religiously, then forgetting to order it for 4 months.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anavar is a good strong anabolic agent, no reason at all not to use it in a full on bulk. The more fuel it has the more it can make you grow, same as any other anabolic compound.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Anavar is a good strong anabolic agent, no reason at all not to use it in a full on bulk. The more fuel it has the more it can make you grow, same as any other anabolic compound.
Don’t tell me that! Just more excuses to eat like a fatty. I do that every cycle, “man I really need to take advantage of this and make sure I grow as much as the compound will let me, I can always cut if I get too fat”

Then I proceed to put on 10lbs of fat lol and that’s how I end up with a 25 week cut that still left me in double digit body fat.

I really don’t wanna do that here, gotta keep myself under control. It’s already tough my appetite is very high as it is and I’m sure the anabolics and now SSRI are only making it higher.
Unfortunately I can’t take any ephedrine and had to cut my caffeine way down due to the anxiety otherwise I’d throw those in as they seem to make a noticeable difference. Plus we are going on vacation after thanksgiving, so I’m going to have a solid week filled of only food activities since I’ve stopped drinking. Hopefully will have quite a bit of walking around the city, though and I plan to hit a gym each day we are there.

Plus I just need work to pick up again, things have been slow so I’m bored during the day. Not sure how familiar with construction anyone is, but im sure it’s no surprise if I say the government has put our project at a stand still for 4 weeks due to their “review period”

Last edited:
rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I need to start posting my workouts more this is a boring log lol. Classic planet fitness style I was unable to get a smith machine tonight so had to go for leg press because of time.

also if anyone else struggles with sweaty feet (I rotate work boots and still sweat so much they smell awful by the end of the first 2 weeks) I am trying a homemade Iontophoresis “machine” aka some water in foil pans wired to a few batteries

11/7/23
Smith machine squat warm up to 1 max set 8-10 reps
210-10 300-10 390-12 480-11 570-11 (leg press)

Smith machine squats cluster set 3x12 (1/2 weight of max) (60 sec rest)
390-12,12,12 (leg press)

Leg extensions 3x20 superset
70-20,20,20

Lying (sitting) hamstring curls 3x20
70-20,20,20 seated

Seated calf raises 2x15 (slow eccentric 1 second pause at bottom)
Calf machine
100-15,15

20 minutes 9 incline 3.2mph

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Been making a point to get early morning and late afternoon sunlight in my eyes as well, been on an Andrew Huberman kick and really trying everything I can to try and get a normal sleep hygiene/schedule set back up. I used to have no issues sleeping, now I can’t even attempt to fall asleep before 11pm without getting panicky. Not very conducive to long term benefits.

got more fish oil on the way, bloodwork scheduled and sugar free fiber to increase thsg as well. Going to really keep an eye on lipids and stay on top of cardio as well.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am also a fat ass and cheated twice this weekend so weight was up to like 201lbs this morning lol

So aside from eating like **** stopping, CEL Cycle Assist, 20 minutes cardio 5-6x a week, anything else I should be doing with the Anavar? I finally got a BP cuff so will be logging my BP over the weeks to keep an eye on that. Everything I read says cholesterol is what anavar likes to attack so will probbly get back on my fish oil game. I go through cycles of using it religiously, then forgetting to order it for 4 months.
Curious to see if you get any side effects from the var.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Don’t tell me that! Just more excuses to eat like a fatty. I do that every cycle, “man I really need to take advantage of this and make sure I grow as much as the compound will let me, I can always cut if I get too fat”

Then I proceed to put on 10lbs of fat lol and that’s how I end up with a 25 week cut that still left me in double digit body fat.

I really don’t wanna do that here, gotta keep myself under control. It’s already tough my appetite is very high as it is and I’m sure the anabolics and now SSRI are only making it higher.
Unfortunately I can’t take any ephedrine and had to cut my caffeine way down due to the anxiety otherwise I’d throw those in as they seem to make a noticeable difference. Plus we are going on vacation after thanksgiving, so I’m going to have a solid week filled of only food activities since I’ve stopped drinking. Hopefully will have quite a bit of walking around the city, though and I plan to hit a gym each day we are there.

Plus I just need work to pick up again, things have been slow so I’m bored during the day. Not sure how familiar with construction anyone is, but im sure it’s no surprise if I say the government has put our project at a stand still for 4 weeks due to their “review period”
I never said anyting about ruining the physique you just spent 25 weeks uncovering.... NOPE NOT ME! :D Since you are not dieting you should be eating at maintenance right now, or on a very controlled reverse diet. I am not sure how you are approaching this but I sure hope it isn't just reach the goal to mess it back up again.

You said you had some lessons learned and one of those lessons was that you need a structured diet to get lean. Well... News flash playa, You need a structured diet to stay lean. You need a structured diet to lean gain, and or bulk without getting overly fat. So you should definitely still be on a structure plan if you need one to control your body composition.

So you are spending your entire vacation taste testing food or something? That is the only thing you can do on vacation other than drink? If i were you I would watch myself and not ruin all the hard work you just put in. You made yourself extremely uncomfortable for this cut. So why not sacrifice a little on the vacation not to backtrack on that progress too. You can do both.
Curious to see if you get any side effects from the var.
Mainly awesomeness
Love this interaction between the 2 of you. LMAO! So true. I do love me some Var.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I never said anyting about ruining the physique you just spent 25 weeks uncovering.... NOPE NOT ME! :D Since you are not dieting you should be eating at maintenance right now, or on a very controlled reverse diet. I am not sure how you are approaching this but I sure hope it isn't just reach the goal to mess it back up again.

You said you had some lessons learned and one of those lessons was that you need a structured diet to get lean. Well... News flash playa, You need a structured diet to stay lean. You need a structured diet to lean gain, and or bulk without getting overly fat. So you should definitely still be on a structure plan if you need one to control your body composition.

So you are spending your entire vacation taste testing food or something? That is the only thing you can do on vacation other than drink? If i were you I would watch myself and not ruin all the hard work you just put in. You made yourself extremely uncomfortable for this cut. So why not sacrifice a little on the vacation not to backtrack on that progress too. You can do both.

Love this interaction between the 2 of you. LMAO! So true. I do love me some Var.
I am at maintenance right now, with the goal to reverse slowly from here, I’m being dramatic mostly. Lol We have other stuff planned, we just typically go try a lot of different foods when we go to Chicago each year, but we do already have a plan to keep things lighter by sharing meals everywhere we go so we can still try new things but keep it within reason!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am at maintenance right now, with the goal to reverse slowly from here, I’m being dramatic mostly. Lol We have other stuff planned, we just typically go try a lot of different foods when we go to Chicago each year, but we do already have a plan to keep things lighter by sharing meals everywhere we go so we can still try new things but keep it within reason!
Oh yeah, Chicago, there are just some things you have to have while there right. Like a Deep Dish!

You know what is crazy, the amount of resolve that comes along with being on cycle for something you really want dialed in. For me right now things are easy to stick to my guns, I am often a little more waverish. Right now decisions seem so cut and dry for me. Everything correct action seems so obvious, and the rest does not compute. So forgive my matter of fact logic just spewing out of me stating things that seem obvious to me. :) My resolve is not always this strong either. :)

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh yeah, Chicago, there are just some things you have to have while there right. Like a Deep Dish!

You know what is crazy, the amount of resolve that comes along with being on cycle for something you really want dialed in. For me right now things are easy to stick to my guns, I am often a little more waverish. Right now decisions seem so cut and dry for me. Everything correct action seems so obvious, and the rest does not compute. So forgive my matter of fact logic just spewing out of me stating things that seem obvious to me. :) My resolve is not always this strong either. :)
No I get it! I am one of the worst when it comes to self control around food, I can be strong so long as I have the right food around me, but if I get around anything bad or take one bite I spiral quick. I need the added kick in the pants everytime it presents itself!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yesterday back day around 196lbs still. Obviously grip strength is where I tend to fail if you’ll notice my rep ranges on the 8-12 max sets, those typically are right around the designated max without straps.

11/8/23
Pulls ups (warmup) 2xfailure
Body weight-12,8

1 arm pull down 1 max set 8 reps (60 sec rest same weight to failure then 3 drop set)
40-8 55-10 75-10
75-10 60-5 45-5 30-6 straps

Pull ups 2xfailure
Body weight-4.5,4

Chest supported row machine MTS 1 max set 12 reps (60 sec rest same weight to failure then 3 drop set)
60-8 70-12
70-20 60-10 50-10 40-10 straps

Warmup lying (seated only) hamstring curls 2x15-20
40-20,20

Smith machine bent over row work to 1 max set 8-10 reps
25-12 75-8 95-6 115-10 with 2 partials 135-10 straps

Smith machine RDLs or deadlift (alternate) 1 max set of 10 reps
75-8 110-6 160-5 200-11 straps RDLs
Did extra lat work
Abs

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yesterday back day around 196lbs still. Obviously grip strength is where I tend to fail if you’ll notice my rep ranges on the 8-12 max sets, those typically are right around the designated max without straps.

11/8/23
Pulls ups (warmup) 2xfailure
Body weight-12,8

1 arm pull down 1 max set 8 reps (60 sec rest same weight to failure then 3 drop set)
40-8 55-10 75-10
75-10 60-5 45-5 30-6 straps

Pull ups 2xfailure
Body weight-4.5,4

Chest supported row machine MTS 1 max set 12 reps (60 sec rest same weight to failure then 3 drop set)
60-8 70-12
70-20 60-10 50-10 40-10 straps

Warmup lying (seated only) hamstring curls 2x15-20
40-20,20

Smith machine bent over row work to 1 max set 8-10 reps
25-12 75-8 95-6 115-10 with 2 partials 135-10 straps

Smith machine RDLs or deadlift (alternate) 1 max set of 10 reps
75-8 110-6 160-5 200-11 straps RDLs
Did extra lat work
Abs

Nice session, think it’s good to post your workouts in here and it will force you to stay more consistent! Otherwise we will jump in and give you **** 😂

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice session, think it’s good to post your workouts in here and it will force you to stay more consistent! Otherwise we will jump in and give you **** 😂
It definitely is good I am trying to keep myself more accountable. I’d like to do a cut and bulk afterwards on my own, without a coach because I can’t realistically pay $200/mo for the rest of my life for a hobby on top of supplements and food etc. ( I mean I could but my wife would be annoyed and just gives her more excuses to do Botox or something like that lol )

coach is still allowing one cheat meal a week, but basically said if I keep fucking up Im not going to get to increase calories (I am hungry a lot of the day still) because the extra cheat meal last week screwed with my weigh in.

i tend to go through spurts of 100% diet adherence, then after 4-6 weeks I’ll cave and have an extra unplanned cheat day. Even while cutting, as a whole I was able to consistently drop weight while doing that but I’m sure if I was 100% the whole time, I would’ve made much better progress.
I’m also one of those people that doesn’t necessarily care to be incredibly lean, I just need to get bigger pecs and lats so when I am fatter, my chest sticks out further than my belly 😂

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Blood pressure has been good as well, actually a bit lower than normal but it is a new monitor. My wife’s readings are consistently accurate to her past checks, so I think it works fine. It’s an XL cuff, so should be no issues there.

I’m curious, how much weight should I expect to gain right off the bat from the anavar? Is 4-5 pounds of water/glycogen typical once starting an oral steroid? It’s been a while since I’ve run an oral I don’t recall how I reacted immediately to the Tbol or Msten. I “feel” like I look a bit more full after just a few days, but again, placebo is a thing.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It definitely is good I am trying to keep myself more accountable. I’d like to do a cut and bulk afterwards on my own, without a coach because I can’t realistically pay $200/mo for the rest of my life for a hobby on top of supplements and food etc. ( I mean I could but my wife would be annoyed and just gives her more excuses to do Botox or something like that lol )

coach is still allowing one cheat meal a week, but basically said if I keep fucking up Im not going to get to increase calories (I am hungry a lot of the day still) because the extra cheat meal last week screwed with my weigh in.

i tend to go through spurts of 100% diet adherence, then after 4-6 weeks I’ll cave and have an extra unplanned cheat day. Even while cutting, as a whole I was able to consistently drop weight while doing that but I’m sure if I was 100% the whole time, I would’ve made much better progress.
I’m also one of those people that doesn’t necessarily care to be incredibly lean, I just need to get bigger pecs and lats so when I am fatter, my chest sticks out further than my belly 😂
Duuuude lol
I know exactly what you're saying there! I also need my delts bigger so the illusion of small waist is better while having love handles 😆

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Duuuude lol
I know exactly what you're saying there! I also need my delts bigger so the illusion of small waist is better while having love handles 😆
Exactly!! More mass = more allowable fat in my eyes. 15% bodyfat looks better when you’re 6’0” 220lbs than when you’re 190lbs.

I guess that’s obvious, kind of a dumb point to make, but the point that I am trying to make is it seems like higher bodyfat LOOKS like less when you have additional muscle mass to offset the proportions of the belly and love handles like you said.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Exactly!! More mass = more allowable fat in my eyes. 15% bodyfat looks better when you’re 6’0” 220lbs than when you’re 190lbs.

I guess that’s obvious, kind of a dumb point to make, but the point that I am trying to make is it seems like higher bodyfat LOOKS like less when you have additional muscle mass to offset the proportions of the belly and love handles like you said.
100%. I don't care about abs or anything...just want to look hard and mildly proportionate like a man lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

These are facts. I get told all the time well you never really get chubby. I am like I had a 40 inch waist at one point last year. I was definitely chubby but the fact my chest stuck out even with or just past my belly it they didn't think I was fat. Then I was like that dude right there has a smaller stomach than me and he looks overweight. When they see it like that they are like OH Wow, I had no clue. You carry it well. It is having that extra muscle that makes the difference for sure.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
100%. I don't care about abs or anything...just want to look hard and mildly proportionate like a man lol
It's kind of hard to look hard without being lean enough to see abs. Also, I must have a much different picture of you in my head than you think of yourself. LMAO!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's kind of hard to look hard without being lean enough to see abs. Also, I must have a much different picture of you in my head than you think of yourself. LMAO!
Lol oh yeah. I got the Adonis complex for sure 🤪

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol oh yeah. I got the Adonis complex for sure 🤪
I was like he compared himself with me about 8-9 months ago when I was around 25% BF, now he is saying he isn't shaped like a man... I am not sure how to take this. LMAO!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anavar isn’t going to add a bunch of waterweight at all. Maybe a pound or so. It’s all lean mass gains, so you have to earn the weight.

Stop wasting your money and time on a plan if you think it’s okay not to follow it. Do this for yourself, because you value your goals. You are stronger than you think & you do control yourself.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Anavar isn’t going to add a bunch of waterweight at all. Maybe a pound or so. It’s all lean mass gains, so you have to earn the weight.

Stop wasting your money and time on a plan if you think it’s okay not to follow it. Do this for yourself, because you value your goals. You are stronger than you think & you do control yourself.
Gotcha on the anavar!

Money is what makes me take it seriously, in reality I’ve only had probably 3-4 unplanned cheats over the last 20 weeks which (for me) is really good.

Im getting better, the therapy for the anxiety is also trying to help me learn to control my thoughts which I can absolutely apply to food/eating. I’ve got very bad eating habits from the last 27 years, I’ve been drinking 2 gallons of water a day this last week to keep myself occupied and not thinking about being hungry. It seems crazy but even at 2500-2600 calories each day I am still very hungry. Or it’s all mental and the fact I’m “restricting” my eating is tricking me

My goal is to finish up a decent bulk with the coach, maybe do one small cut with him afterwards then try it on my own. Get a solid year of structured, forced accountability to teach me better habits.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I did a few extra sets of MTS press on my right side at the end of this since the right pec is lagging behind so bad. May start sprinkling in some right pec work midway through the split also just to really try and stimulate it

11/9/23
Pec deck warmup 3x12-15
Dumbbell fly
20-12,10

Incline dumbbell press 1 max set 8-10 reps (3 sec eccentric)
35-8 45-6 55-6 60-12 (go to 65)

Flat bench (smith or dumbbell) 3x10-12
40-12,12,11

1 arm dumbbell preacher curls (rest pause 20 reps over 3 attempts) incline bench
25-12,4,3

Parallel dips 2 sets to failure
Body weight-16,8

Standing 1 arm cable curls 1x20 max weight (slow and squeeze)
17.5-16,16

Seated cable chest flies 3x15 90 second rest
(Pec deck)
70-broken peck

30-15,12,12 MTS cross body press

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I made a boat load of carnitine last weekend so thinking I’m gonna start dosing 2ml a day, if I can handle that much at once lol

it’s only dosed at 500mg/ml so nothing crazy, been doing 1.2-1.5ml.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Super early start to work - will be a true test of my hunger today. Work started 3:00am and I have to drive back to KC this afternoon, so I’ll be awake a damn near full 24 hours. I am going to try my hardest to stick to the meals, I did buy a bag of carrots if I start to get super hungry I’ll stuff myself with 100 calories of carrots and diet soda and do an extra 20 on the treadmill.

admittedly I’ve not been taking many rest days (topic of discussion with my wife and our therapist that I was outnumbered on lol) but I feel good, enjoy the gym, and want to get as many lifts in because sometimes life happens and I have to miss one. There are (2) programmed rest days, suppose this is a question for my coach, I’ve just been riding through the motions with no rests, following the same “order” per se. I may do an extra arm/shoulder day if it ends up being a short gym day after back or leg day.

All that said, (chest) yesterday would make today a shoulder day. I’m either going to do chest today if I have the time, or just do an arms, abs, rear delt, trap day with chest tomorrow.

what's everyone’s thoughts on that? What would you guys do in a situation like that?

last week he told me hit whatever felt good when I went in on my rest day.

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Super early start to work - will be a true test of my hunger today. Work started 3:00am and I have to drive back to KC this afternoon, so I’ll be awake a damn near full 24 hours. I am going to try my hardest to stick to the meals, I did buy a bag of carrots if I start to get super hungry I’ll stuff myself with 100 calories of carrots and diet soda and do an extra 20 on the treadmill.

admittedly I’ve not been taking many rest days (topic of discussion with my wife and our therapist that I was outnumbered on lol) but I feel good, enjoy the gym, and want to get as many lifts in because sometimes life happens and I have to miss one. There are (2) programmed rest days, suppose this is a question for my coach, I’ve just been riding through the motions with no rests, following the same “order” per se. I may do an extra arm/shoulder day if it ends up being a short gym day after back or leg day.

All that said, back yesterday would make today a rest day. I’m either going to do chest today if I have the time, or just do an arms, abs, rear delt, trap day with chest tomorrow.

what's everyone’s thoughts on that? What would you guys do in a situation like that?

last week he told me hit whatever felt good when I went in on my rest day.
Well long drives and days zap me anymore, so for me I would be using a rest day then be ready to go for tomorrow.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well long drives and days zap me anymore, so for me I would be using a rest day then be ready to go for tomorrow.
I’m using my early start as an (reasonable) excuse to leave work early, so I won’t be doing a full 12 hours today like every other day, I like to hit the gym if I have the time but I do need to learn some boundaries.

very least I’ll do some LISS and ab work.
Yesterday was chest not back by the way and today would be shoulders, early start like I said 😂

so I was wrong when I said back to chest day, that’s already happened lol. But, I did skip the rest in between those days.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BMW4Life Workout Logs 5
MFTrainz Weight Loss 52
Cycle Logs 26
Anabolics 167
Cycle Logs 6