Craft Beers / Microbrews: What Are You Drinking?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Not as tart/sour as I expected for a Berliner Weisse. Ithaca's Cayuga Cruiser was better. I love Freigeist's Goses however. Had their Abraxxas once but smoked beers aren't my style. It was like drinking kielbasa!
They seem to be making some cool stuff I Like all kinds of beers but drinking keilbasa sounds a little rough. I will have to hunt that brand down.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
climbing bines- amber....the initial taste was kind of blah, but the finish was smooth with hints of vanilla and caramel

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where's everyone (posting in this thread) live? I'm in WNY, Buffalo closest big city. Buffalo's going through a brewery renaissance with a lot of cool places and beer gardens opening up around our waterfront and downtown.

New York state breweries in general are pumping out some really high quality beers. Ommegang has a pretty strong national presence it seems. My favorite new "gypsy brewery" is Grimm Artisinal Ales. Probably the best new brewery of 2015 IMO.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Baton Rouge, LA. Home of Tin Roof brewing. We also have Abita, and another favorite of mine is Parish Brewing Company, over by Lafayette.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where's everyone (posting in this thread) live? I'm in WNY, Buffalo closest big city. Buffalo's going through a brewery renaissance with a lot of cool places and beer gardens opening up around our waterfront and downtown.

New York state breweries in general are pumping out some really high quality beers. Ommegang has a pretty strong national presence it seems. My favorite new "gypsy brewery" is Grimm Artisinal Ales. Probably the best new brewery of 2015 IMO.
i stayed at a bed and breakfast near the finger lakes new york, we ate breakfast with a couple from buffalo and they talked about a few breweries up there , i think flying bison was their favorite ut don't quote me

i've been going to the finger lakes for about 7 years now and this time i noticed a lot more breweries popping up than i ever remember, along with a cidery...next time i'm up there i just might go on a beer tour

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Baton Rouge, LA. Home of Tin Roof brewing. We also have Abita, and another favorite of mine is Parish Brewing Company, over by Lafayette.
My wife loved Abita's strawberry beer I believe

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i stayed at a bed and breakfast near the finger lakes new york, we ate breakfast with a couple from buffalo and they talked about a few breweries up there , i think flying bison was their favorite ut don't quote me

i've been going to the finger lakes for about 7 years now and this time i noticed a lot more breweries popping up than i ever remember, along with a cidery...next time i'm up there i just might go on a beer tour
Flying Bison is indeed one of our local breweries!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
San Diego checking in. Home of stone iron fist saint archer ballast point and literally over a hundred more craft breweries. Most are known for their IPA's though

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
We own a craft beer bar for south texas beers only. Always getting in new and fun stuff to try.

As far as other places, 3Floyds is the ****. Zombie Dust and Gumball head both are great

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh, I was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan, home of Founders. They have some decent beers.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a 3 Sheeps, Squid Ink today with lunch. It has real squid ink in it. ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1434575933.287447.jpg

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Tin roof is the sh*t. Also covington brew house is good.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Where's everyone (posting in this thread) live?
Currently, Dallas here and the beer selection here is brutal unless you're into IPAs, which I'm not. Thankfully, they carry Founders here and just started carrying New Holland. But there is a huge difference in selection having lived in Chicago before this.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
went to a new brewery in my area: North Slope Brewery

my girl had a peach/wheat beer that was excellent, took home a growler

i had a porter mixed their cider...don't remember the name, something velvet...it was also really good and smooth for the summer

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
i always forget to post i here when i have new beers plus i cant post pics so

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1435887251.925901.jpg

Oh my god...this might be the greatest beer I've ever tasted! Sweet, coffee, Dubbel-like raisiny molasses taste, and unbelievably smooth for 13.49%

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
picked up Track#8 from lost abbey

have a few other bomb stouts all chillen ready to drink

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
picked up Track#8 from lost abbey

have a few other bomb stouts all chillen ready to drink
How was it?

Speaking of bomb stouts, finally got my hands on some Prairie Bomb, Gold, and Brett.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bought some Duclaw Funk this weekend, I usually enjoy Duclaw beer but wasn't a fan of it. I was hoping for blueberry flavor with a hint of citrus and it was the other way around

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wonder if it mellowed for a few weeks/months if that would change. Then again, who'd want to wait that long to drink it?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not quite the high end stuff y'all are talking aboot, but after working 30 straight nights and drinking ****ty lite beer, these are all liquid gold!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1436568139.520721.jpg

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Big Evil Twin / Westbrook delivery day in Buffalo today.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Goose island does it up right. Their sofie is my wife's favorite beer

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This was surprisingly good! Perfect balance of spice and chocolate.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1440120836.285897.jpg

Phenomenal

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Not quite the high end stuff y'all are talking aboot, but after working 30 straight nights and drinking ****ty lite beer, these are all liquid gold!
I do like the Rebel Rouser.

Just had some Left Hand Brewing milk stout the other night.

My buddy has Revolution Brewery's Anti-Hero on tap (it is my fav IPA). We also brew our own.

Those f*ing craft beer calories though lol

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
damn i have like 10 good micros all in my fridge iv picked up ofr the last 6 months havent drank any yet lulz

sour monkey
Track#8
russian aged porter
that kunambra ballasta point one
bunch of aged 121212 stone
aged rumpkyn
some beer that the hops were sent to space
that mole one^^

also i was too lazy to go check my refrig for the correct name sorry

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That kcco is legit, really enjoy it. We're starting to get oktoberfest beers in at the breweries around us. Good stuff! There's also a peanut butter porter I'm excited to try

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Exactly. It looks like itd be some natty ice scotch ale lol. But it is phenomenal, even in the can. Imo.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I was talking with a friend the other day, turns out the store around the corner from my house carries Pliny The Elder now and then, pretty excited to get some.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was talking with a friend the other day, turns out the store around the corner from my house carries Pliny The Elder now and then, pretty excited to get some.
I bet that would fetch a pretty penny in the beer trade market. I think it's Beer Advocate's #1 ranked beer.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1446249709.581288.jpg

Great dessert beer; very sweet and sticky

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote