Coulndt Open Jar of jelly

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was unable to open a jar of jelly, very humbling and embarassing.

I started training my grip and I think it is pretty strong. But I still failed at opening the jar damn it! I guess turning the lid is a lil diff from grip strenght striaght up.

Any1 else ever failed miserably at an everyday task like that?

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also cant spell "Couldn't" still dont know if thats right.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Tap around the rim with a knife and then open it.
Yup - that's the old school trick. Not sure why it works, but it does.

Speaking of opening things... anyone ever do the deal where you flex your forearm and then use it to open beer bottles? Love doing that.

:bb:

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Yup - that's the old school trick. Not sure why it works, but it does.

Speaking of opening things... anyone ever do the deal where you flex your forearm and then use it to open beer bottles? Love doing that.

:bb:
Man, It would be cool if you could flex it and the bottle tops simply popped off. Throughout the whole bar. People would love that.

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
Man, It would be cool if you could flex it and the bottle tops simply popped off. Throughout the whole bar. People would love that.
usually when I flex, anything in the vicinity that is made of glass just completely shatters.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Dsade, you are a hot mess. Between you, rugger, omen, never know what you guys are gonna say. Kudos on the guns

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I did that with a pickle jar and then pumped myself up and freaked out on it and the lid came flying off and I spilled it all everywhere.

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established

I started training my grip and I think it is pretty strong. But I still failed at opening the jar damn it! I guess turning the lid is a lil diff from grip strenght striaght up.

NO and the reason y........I take 1-T :cheers:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established

occasionally i have this problem. i blame it on my kids tightening the lid.....

seriously though, i would try using a towel to grab the lid. this lets your fingers "dig into" something. if that fails, run the lid under hot water, as the metal will expand, but the glass will not.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
occasionally i have this problem. i blame it on my kids tightening the lid.....

seriously though, i would try using a towel to grab the lid. this lets your fingers "dig into" something. if that fails, run the lid under hot water, as the metal will expand, but the glass will not.
Or you can get one of those little pads that allows you to grip the top of a jar. I don't know what they are called, but they sell them at the grocery.