Coop's Corner #4: Alpha-2 Antagonism? Yes Please.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sorry if this seems like its off topic, and if I'm still very new to AM. Trying to learn as much as possible.

Hey coop and anyone else with input, I take a "wakefulness aid" called modafinil to keep me awake most days, its hard staying awake while working 40-50 hrs a week and taking 15 credit hours in college. Yesterday I took my Modafinil and an hour later mixed a scoop of OEP powder(which has Yohimbine in it.). I only drank half of what I mixed, then my energy was out of control. I rode my bike 20 miles in record time. this made me very curious. I was reading up on modafinil and it said: "Modafinil has central alpha 1-adrenergic agonist effects i.e. it directly stimulates the receptors." http://modafinil.com/ 3rd paragraph down. My question is, is it synergistic? or the opposite? would it be is it safe to mix the two?! not asking for medical advice or trying to have you guys answer as a medical professional, just trying to learn if mixing an alpha 1-adrenergic agonist with an alpha-2 antagonist would have an effect on each other. Just here to learn. Thanks -Luke
An alpha 1 agonist would promote wakefulness, but yohimbine hcl has very little affinity for the alpha 1 receptor (wherein it would antagonize it and create a subtractive effect). Modafinil in general is not fully understood and I wouldn't combine any supplement with it. I also don't recommend using modafinil simply because you have a heavy workload, for financial reasons and otherwise. Caffeine is plenty effective and actually very healthy, neurologically speaking

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately, some users will experience these effects from alpha-2 antagonists due to excessive adrenergic stimulation. It won't matter which alpha-2 antagonist you use, the story will be the same. Your only real hope is the tolerance that develops with continued use. There's evidence that the adrenergic effects diminish with time while lipolysis actually stays constant
I'm just curious, is the dosing scheme like beta-antagonists, 3weeks on, then 3weeks off because of receptor down regulation? If so, how could I build a tolerance to the adrenergic effect and be on it long enough for significant fat loss?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'm just curious, is the dosing scheme like beta-antagonists, 3weeks on, then 3weeks off because of receptor down regulation? If so, how could I build a tolerance to the adrenergic effect and be on it long enough for significant fat loss?
This applies to virtually no beta agonists outside of clen (due to the multi-day halflife). Yohimbine has shown a diminished side effect profile with continued lipolysis with prolonged use, similar to ephedrine (a beta agonist).

Spindletop

Spindletop

Awards
It sounds like you just generally have a very low tolerance to a2-antagonists. Like said in this thread, check to see what else you are supplementing with. Anything with tyrosine or tyramine? Are you eating a lot of cheese?
Nothing else besides creatine, especially on the days I took the yohimbe products. And no, I don't eat lots of cheese. I think I'm just sensitive. No big deal, and again, thanks for providing samples so I could test it in advance.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So after using enhanced since the day it came out for 2-3 days a week, you think I should try alphamine again?. Alphamine always made me jittery/nervous, even at .25 dosage.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This applies to virtually no beta agonists outside of clen (due to the multi-day halflife). Yohimbine has shown a diminished side effect profile with continued lipolysis with prolonged use, similar to ephedrine (a beta agonist).
Whats the longest you would advise taking a yohimbine product? EC stack? ECY stack?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So after using enhanced since the day it came out for 2-3 days a week, you think I should try alphamine again?. Alphamine always made me jittery/nervous, even at .25 dosage.
Different extracts for different purposes
Whats the longest you would advise taking a yohimbine product? EC stack? ECY stack?
I'd say a max of 8 weeks for yohimbine. EC safety studies go up to 6 months

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Ive noticed the longer I use yohimbe consistently the less I feel jittery. But the rate of fat loss continues

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Coop any potential dangers in light alcohol consumption, specifically red wine a few hours after dosing yohimbe? Any interaction with the alcohol or sulfites?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Coop any potential dangers in light alcohol consumption, specifically red wine a few hours after dosing yohimbe? Any interaction with the alcohol or sulfites?
Alcohol, as an activator of AMPK, may potentiate the fat loss effects of yohimbe (in the absence of any other macronutrients)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll be adding a few shots of Jameson to my pre AM cardio Alphamine
Fasted, drunk cardio.

Definitely inspiration for my next YouTube video. Should be hilarious.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet thread Coop ;)

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
So far I've learned a ton from all Coop's Corner threads. Please keep it up!

googlealchemi

googlealchemi

Awards
what would be considered 'higher than yohimbine' dosages for the rauwolscine?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What kind of wine do you drink?

I prefer a shiraz-cabernet blend myself. Pair with some goudad and olives for an appetizer followed by some steak and grilled brussels sprouts... damn now im hungry!

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Is yohimbine okay to take with ECA? If so, and if utilizing the proper eca protocol (25e, 200c, 81a) what would be the proper dose for y?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is yohimbine okay to take with ECA? If so, and if utilizing the proper eca protocol (25e, 200c, 81a) what would be the proper dose for y?
Some do but it isnt really recommended because of the combinations interaction on heart rate and blood pressue.

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
3x the amount

3mg yohimbine = 9mg alpha y IMO

Just my preference
thanks for feedback.. Alpha burn is 30mg at 30% rauwolscine or 9MG ..looking at what you had listed in your example its a perfect dose. For someone 210lbs would that come out to 2pills a day total 18mg?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was more asking if that would be correct dose 2 pills a day. I haven't tried AA but its on my short list to try. 2 caps of that is 18mg also ?
Yes sir

It's actually a tad more since it extracted to 36%

And it's non stim also so it compliments it well. Just saying

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damm I was taking 20mg a pop of Y HCL. No wonder I wanted to break something lol.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Should this be taken on an empty stomach?
Yes. Anything that contains yohimbine should be taken on an empty stomach/away from food...an insulin release from food, esp carbs, will negate its effect that we want

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Yes. Anything that contains yohimbine should be taken on an empty stomach/away from food...an insulin release from food, esp carbs, will negate its effect that we want
An hour before/after eating enough?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can it be taken at night? Only time I don't eat is in the morning lol
I take it you're dosing it with caffeine correct?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can it be taken at night? Only time I don't eat is in the morning lol
Just take first thing in the morning and skip breakfast and have a bigger than normal lunch.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Just take first thing in the morning and skip breakfast and have a bigger than normal lunch.
I need to take 6 caps (15mg). The first dose will be 7am, then 3pm (preworkout), then 10-11pm? I assume it's better to split it up rather than take all 6 at once?
I take it you're dosing it with caffeine correct?
Only in the morning and pre workout around 3pm (with Alphamine). No caffeine at night

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need to take 6 caps (15mg). The first dose will be 7am, then 3pm (preworkout), then 10-11pm? I assume it's better to split it up rather than take all 6 at once? Only in the morning and pre workout around 3pm (with Alphamine). No caffeine at night
Would all three doses be on an empty stomach?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need to take 6 caps (15mg). The first dose will be 7am, then 3pm (preworkout), then 10-11pm? I assume it's better to split it up rather than take all 6 at once? Only in the morning and pre workout around 3pm (with Alphamine). No caffeine at night
Most actually do their full dose of yohimbine in one go. I wouldn't start off by doing this right away but as you progress then you could do that so you don't have to worry about splitting the doses up. Dosing around your workout and/or cardio would be best.

Philosophy

Philosophy

Awards
  • Established
Most actually do their full dose of yohimbine in one go. I wouldn't start off by doing this right away but as you progress then you could do that so you don't have to worry about splitting the doses up. Dosing around your workout and/or cardio would be best.
This, take most at once with caffeine prior to exercise and away from carbs. You could try 10mg before your highest activity and 5-7.5mg before a secondary exercise.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
This, take most at once with caffeine prior to exercise and away from carbs. You could try 10mg before your highest activity and 5-7.5mg before a secondary exercise.
Okay cool. I have a question. I do Intermittent fasting from 8pm to 12pm. And I workout at around 3-330pm. At 12 noon I eat 2 protein bars and a banana. Can I take 5 mg in the morning at 7-8am? Then the 10 mg pre-workout at 3pm or in the middle of my workout at 4pm?

Philosophy

Philosophy

Awards
  • Established
Okay cool. I have a question. I do Intermittent fasting from 8pm to 12pm. And I workout at around 3-330pm. At 12 noon I eat 2 protein bars and a banana. Can I take 5 mg in the morning at 7-8am? Then the 10 mg pre-workout at 3pm or in the middle of my workout at 4pm?
Yep, the morning and pre-workout doses sound good.

sina

Banned
Awards
How long do you guys run the .3mg/kg approach for Y. HCL do you guys need to cycle off say 8 weeks into a high dose for y. hcl then take a 3-4 week break repeat? or no you can run it year-round.