Contest Prep begins!!!

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
you Null, how many weeks out are you. Sorry I havent kept up with my log or looked at yours. My mom died last week so been crazy. I just hit 7 weeks this past saturday. Still holding 3000 calories. Tren and Winny and Mast all working fine. Luckilly no setbacks from any of the three. Guess my body is like a sponge. I saw your last pics and look good. I will post some pics on my thread later.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Less than 3 weeks from the contest now. Getting nervous.

Energy levels have been pretty low. I've been having stomach upset lately; I think it's gas though. My protein intake is still through the roof.

I just can't seem to get myself to drink enough water. It's a problem I am going to HAVE to address immediately. Speaking of which, I think I'll go drink some now.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
What are you taking for supps now. That could have effect in your energy level. You saiud your protein was thru the roof, I am 195 and still only doing 300 grams a day. You should be at a gallon at least right now. However there is a bug going around and everyone seems to have it

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, today's total will come to 416g of protein.

Total calories are 2100.

So, yeah, I'm at practically 80% protein intake. I'm definitely going to have to drop that abit. Will switch things up tomorrow. I'll drop some shrimp from my omlettes, and remove a half a scoop of protein powder from here and there. I'll see if I can drop it down to about 300g and keep the carbs at around 100g.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Well, today's total will come to 416g of protein.

Total calories are 2100.

So, yeah, I'm at practically 80% protein intake. I'm definitely going to have to drop that abit. Will switch things up tomorrow. I'll drop some shrimp from my omlettes, and remove a half a scoop of protein powder from here and there. I'll see if I can drop it down to about 300g and keep the carbs at around 100g.

What will you add to make up for the 450 cals?

CROWLER

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
ya that is a little high, **** AI was looking at you diet, man you must love cooking. Where do you find the time to do all that. Look at my post for 7 weeks right next to your post and look how simple my diet is.

Erleuchtet Mich

Awards
Less than 3 weeks from the contest now. Getting nervous.

Energy levels have been pretty low. I've been having stomach upset lately; I think it's gas though. My protein intake is still through the roof.

I just can't seem to get myself to drink enough water. It's a problem I am going to HAVE to address immediately. Speaking of which, I think I'll go drink some now.
Achhhh so.

Do you have your routine planned out? What music?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, I made a slight change today and already I am feeling much better, digestive-wise.

The change wasn't a good one as far as macros are concerned but it definitely improved my digestive tract. I added 0.5 cup of nonfat plain yogurt to each dairy-based meal. I also dropped some of the protein. So now my bread pudding has only 1 scoop of casein instead of 1.5. My cottage cheese has only 1 scoop of whey instead of 2.

Yes the yogurt has some sugar. Sugar is bad. However the bacteria in the yogurt has already helped my digestion a lot, and it's just one day. I still have some intestinal cramping but it isn't as severe, and I think it will likely clear up in a few days at this pace.

I dropped an entire meal from my diet. I want to be as conditioned as possible, and I think I was eating too many calories for me to drop that last bit of fat.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
I have been following this thread since the 1st of the year. Looking good null. When is the show again? Also, show us some updated pics!

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Whats up bro, six weeks for me. Getting close. Had an off weekeknd had some kind of stomach virus that was killing me. Back strong today

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Things are sucking hard.

This weekend was SUPPOSED to be a refresher. All I was SUPPOSED to do was workout in the morning on Saturday, watch Perfect Posing, practice some posing, get to sleep early.

Then Sunday I was SUPPOSED to workout early, ractice more posing, and once again get to sleep early.

But NOOOOOOO, that can't happen, can it. NOOOO.

Saturday morning my stomach cramped up so bad I couldn't even move. No idea why. I literally had to crawl out of bed to get to the kitchen. Couldn't even stand up. My girlfriend had already left for work so I was just stuck there on the floor. After about a half hour I forced myself to stand, grabbed some fridged chicken, poured a half cup of oats on it, and forcefed myself.

Nearly vomitted.

Then I crawled to the livingroom and rested on the couch. I say rested, not slept because the pain kept me awake.

The rest of the day was more of the same. Couldn't workout, couldn't do anything. To top it off, the pain kept me up until like 3AM.

Sunday my stomach was feeling marginally better. However instead of getting to do anything that I had planned, my gf's parents came to visit. There went the entire day. To make matters worse, they took us out to eat. I sat there and ordered nothing. They kept asking me "Why don't you order an omlette or something, or maybe some chicken?" Sayign things like "oh come on, on meal off the plan isn't going to kill you." They even asked if I wanted a slice of pie and some ice cream.

*sigh* If only they knew just how cruel they were being.

I forced myself to workout on Sunday afternoon. It was a halfassed workout though.

If you are wondering NO I DIDN'T TAKE PICTURES. STOP ASKING. I'LL TAKE THEM WHEN I TAKE THEM AND NOT A MOMENT SOONER.

Sorry. I'm cranky. I'm tired. I'm ill. I'm depleted. I'm hungry. And to top it off, this week I have training each day until 5PM which means I won't get home until 7:30PM. That means I can't workout in the evening which means I'll have to pack 5 meals each day, and I'll have to workout at the crappy company gym at 6AM or thereabouts.

I'd really like to kill someone about now. Just wrap my hands around their throat and squeeze until their eyeballs pop out of their sockets.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Things are sucking hard.

This weekend was SUPPOSED to be a refresher. All I was SUPPOSED to do was workout in the morning on Saturday, watch Perfect Posing, practice some posing, get to sleep early.

Then Sunday I was SUPPOSED to workout early, ractice more posing, and once again get to sleep early.

But NOOOOOOO, that can't happen, can it. NOOOO.

Saturday morning my stomach cramped up so bad I couldn't even move. No idea why. I literally had to crawl out of bed to get to the kitchen. Couldn't even stand up. My girlfriend had already left for work so I was just stuck there on the floor. After about a half hour I forced myself to stand, grabbed some fridged chicken, poured a half cup of oats on it, and forcefed myself.

Nearly vomitted.

Then I crawled to the livingroom and rested on the couch. I say rested, not slept because the pain kept me awake.

The rest of the day was more of the same. Couldn't workout, couldn't do anything. To top it off, the pain kept me up until like 3AM.

Sunday my stomach was feeling marginally better. However instead of getting to do anything that I had planned, my gf's parents came to visit. There went the entire day. To make matters worse, they took us out to eat. I sat there and ordered nothing. They kept asking me "Why don't you order an omlette or something, or maybe some chicken?" Sayign things like "oh come on, on meal off the plan isn't going to kill you." They even asked if I wanted a slice of pie and some ice cream.

*sigh* If only they knew just how cruel they were being.

I forced myself to workout on Sunday afternoon. It was a halfassed workout though.

If you are wondering NO I DIDN'T TAKE PICTURES. STOP ASKING. I'LL TAKE THEM WHEN I TAKE THEM AND NOT A MOMENT SOONER.

Sorry. I'm cranky. I'm tired. I'm ill. I'm depleted. I'm hungry. And to top it off, this week I have training each day until 5PM which means I won't get home until 7:30PM. That means I can't workout in the evening which means I'll have to pack 5 meals each day, and I'll have to workout at the crappy company gym at 6AM or thereabouts.

I'd really like to kill someone about now. Just wrap my hands around their throat and squeeze until their eyeballs pop out of their sockets.
Man that is TOUGH. I feel for ya. You really showed your dedication though when you crawled to the kitchen and got your chicken and oats good going.

Hang in there bro.

I was cutting and had dinner at my inlaws. They went all out with the fancy silverware, emboidered napkins, fine china etc with all sorts of special dishes. All sorts of desserts. We all sat down, said grace, I was thinking OH no here we go.

Then the hostess got up and came back in a couple minutes with a small plate of plain tuna set it down beside me and said is this ok for you?

Sometimes I forget how good I have it. :)

CROWLER

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
wow 80% - I would recommend you go down to 55%, eat lots of greens so you don't get constipated. Also, are you taking digestive enzymes - they may help. Good luck to you.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow 80% - I would recommend you go down to 55%, eat lots of greens so you don't get constipated. Also, are you taking digestive enzymes - they may help. Good luck to you.
I already DID change my diet, dude. I change it every few days now.

The yogurt pretty much ended any intestinal discomfort I had. The cramping I had on Saturday was in my stomach; upper abdominal region, just barely below the sternum.

I'm not constipated anymore. The yogurt with the veggies pretty much eliminated that. I have no idea what the stomach pains were from on Saturday/Sunday. They are gone now. For all I know it was an internal muscle cramp or something.

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
GOOD were are glad you DID - I am 16 weeks out at 12.3% BF - so a long way to go to get to 5% - will be my 5th show - I respect what you are doing and wish you the best of luck in competing.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
God, I just want this to end already.

I need to find a job in my area. This commute is adding way too much stress to an already stressful prep. Thank goodness I'm taking vacation next week; there's no f'in way I'd stay sane otherwise.

I swear, these past couple weeks I feel like everything is falling apart, like all my plans are unravelling. And its all because of asshats here at work forcing me to do unpaid overtime. They have no consideration for my personal life whatsoever. They think salaried employee means 24/7 employee. Screw them. I'm so unbelievably sick of this crap.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Null i am proud of you, and just stay focused my friend, stay the path. I hear you bro, thats why its best we work for ourselves!!! But that will come in do time...

Hankes64

Awards
God, I just want this to end already.

I need to find a job in my area. This commute is adding way too much stress to an already stressful prep. Thank goodness I'm taking vacation next week; there's no f'in way I'd stay sane otherwise.

I swear, these past couple weeks I feel like everything is falling apart, like all my plans are unravelling. And its all because of asshats here at work forcing me to do unpaid overtime. They have no consideration for my personal life whatsoever. They think salaried employee means 24/7 employee. Screw them. I'm so unbelievably sick of this crap.
Unless they have a fire at will law like they do in my state then they cant fire you as long as you get a satisfactory performance rating, so getting all the work done and turned in (reports?) then they have no reason to fire you. Also if you work 40 hours a week then they cant really say anything, just make sure the guy that rates you is happy. Before they ask you to work over, sneak out like Peter Gibbons tried to do on Office Space, just my 2 cents.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Unless they have a fire at will law like they do in my state then they cant fire you as long as you get a satisfactory performance rating, so getting all the work done and turned in (reports?) then they have no reason to fire you. Also if you work 40 hours a week then they cant really say anything, just make sure the guy that rates you is happy. Before they ask you to work over, sneak out like Peter Gibbons tried to do on Office Space, just my 2 cents.
Unfortunately where I work operates differently from the environment you describe.

While there is a "corporate citizenship" policy which mandates that managers compensate all employees for overtime whether with extra time off or with extra pay, they do not follow it. It's one of those sets of rules they have in place only officially to look good. In reality, if you speak up, you find yourself given tasks and objectives that are not possible to meet. The end result is you don't meet those objectives and now they have a legitimate excuse to can you.

The other option they take is to restructure the organization to eliminate your position.

Oh and then theres the "make your life a living hell so you quit" tactic.

Bottom line: I can't raise a stink and I have to follow orders if I want to keep my job. It's a good job that pays really well. There are rough times and some mismanagement, but most importantly there's opportunity for a way up that I see in front of me. More importantly I just bought a house and I can't afford to be out of work.

The commute sucks, but jobs around where I live doing basically the same thing pay half as much money.

Hankes64

Awards
Unfortunately where I work operates differently from the environment you describe.

While there is a "corporate citizenship" policy which mandates that managers compensate all employees for overtime whether with extra time off or with extra pay, they do not follow it. It's one of those sets of rules they have in place only officially to look good. In reality, if you speak up, you find yourself given tasks and objectives that are not possible to meet. The end result is you don't meet those objectives and now they have a legitimate excuse to can you.

The other option they take is to restructure the organization to eliminate your position.

Oh and then theres the "make your life a living hell so you quit" tactic.

Bottom line: I can't raise a stink and I have to follow orders if I want to keep my job. It's a good job that pays really well. There are rough times and some mismanagement, but most importantly there's opportunity for a way up that I see in front of me. More importantly I just bought a house and I can't afford to be out of work.

The commute sucks, but jobs around where I live doing basically the same thing pay half as much money.
This is true I also forgot that they will blackball you also in the industry, I wish you well Null.

Oh have you considered a boxing bag for your frustrations?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Feeling much better today. Today is the last day before I start depletion. Yes I decided I will deplete. I know I am not depleted; I don't look flat.

I'm working on figuring out my diet for the next week. I'l start depletion on Wednesday (tomorrow), and end on the following Wednesday. i.e. next Wednesday I will begin carb loading.

My carbohydrate intake will be as low as I can manage. I'm not going to go crazy and ego absolutely 0 carb. However, I'm removing all oats, yogurt, veggies, cottage cheese, and other carb based or high carb containing foods.

I need to add more fat though to my diet because most of my protein sources are too lean for me to get enough cals. I'll be using eggs in the morning along with my egg whites. I'll also probably add in Fish Oil caps with each meal for some extra healthy fat.

On Wednesday I'll will jump my daily carb intake to 250grams.

On Thursday
I will raise it further to 350g

On Friday I'll eat another 350g before I shi-tload.

9PM Friday I begin s-loading.

Saturday morning I'll s-load for an hour or so before the comp.

matthams

Awards
When you begin your carb load, what do you do with your protein and fat intake?

EDIT: also, how are you doing your water and sodium? and diuretics for that matter? sorry for so many questions but im about 2 weeks out also and i'm trying to set in stone what im gonna do...

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Water intake will remain as high as absolutely possible with a minimum of 2 gallons per day all the way until Friday evening.

I'm not sodium loading.

Protein is about 300g give or take during depletion. Carbs are at about 20g. Fat is around 65g.

When I carb load, fat will drop again. Protein will likely jump to about 350g. Fat will probably drop to 20-30g. The vast majority of my carbs will be from wild rice, raw oats, and veggies. A very small amount will be from dairy, meat, and eggs.

If I do my depletion right, I should actually drop like 2 pounds of fat in addition to water and glycogen.

This is my very first try at this, so I'm crossing my fingers. Everything is set so now all I have to do is hope I made the right choices and stick to my plan.

Oh, and as for diurretics, I did a trial run of dandelion root. It seriously f'ed with my intestines and made me feel like dirt. Not sure it's worth it. I'll be using 50mg of Aldactone on Thursday and Friday though.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow, today has been rough. Here was today's mealplan:

5AM:
1 egg
1 cup egg whites
1/4 cup fat free shredded mozz

39g protein, 7g carb, 7g fat

7AM:
3 scoops ATW in water

66g protein, 3g carb, 3g fat

10AM:
2 spinach and feta cheese chicken sausages

36g protein, 2g carb, 14g fat

12:30:
half packet purdue shortcuts original flavor
1/4 cup shredded cheese (whole milk cheese)
38g protein, 3g carb, 15g fat

2:30PM
2 spinach and feta cheese chicken sausages

36g protein, 2g carb, 14g fat

5PM:
half packet purdue shortcuts original flavor
1 spinach and feta cheese chicken sausage
50g protein, 3g carb, 11g fat

7PM
2 scoops ATW Calcium Caseinate

50g protein, 0g carb, 0g fat

315g protein, 20g carb, 64g fat
1260/100/576
1936 total calories
65/5/30

Tomorrow, I will only have 1 sausage meal, and it will be different sausage. Better sausage (1 gram less fat, 2 grams more protein per link). The other meal will be tuna and something else. I'm thinking cheese.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey Null those shortcuts are a life saver, I just picked some up this morning they were on sale !!!, keep it up all you have worked for is right around the corner...

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
they are chicken breasts cut up in strips already,with seasoning on them also.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Second day of depletion. Had my first depletion workout. Did chest. Just did flat bench smith, and cable crossovers. 7 sets of each. Each set to failure with relatively light weight. Started with 25 reps, by the 7th set each time I was only abel to get 9 or 10 reps.

My hands can't stop shaking now. I haven't had clen shakes in a LONG time. This is worse than the first time I ever took clen. I'm talking Parkinson's during an earthquake type shaking.

Apowerz, I took your advice and had 6 caps of Now Foods BCAAs right beofre my workout and it DEFINITELY helped. I don't feel as worn out as I have the last few workouts despite depleting. Didn't help strength at all, but I do't feel as mentally fatigued. Mental fatigue has been my biggest bane lately.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Keep em handy, they def help with the mental fog. Being low carb and all thats the only way I have been able to work out sometimes.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OMFG. The carb cravings have kicked in HARDCORE.

I felt like a crack addict quitting cold turkey last night. I sat there staring at a jar of peanut butter and some protein bars. My hand kept drifting towards it, my mind kept trying to trick myself into finding justification for eating.

I kept hering things in my head like "you're shrinking, you're body needs a few more calories today or you'll atrophy."

"you're already depleted, you're just eating away at muscle..."

"you have to ease yourself into this, you can't just drop the carbs right away..."

I got the shakes really bad and was sweating profusely. Nothing I did could take my mind off of eating.

I tried to just go to bed but I couldn't sleep. I think I might have gotten something like 4 hours of sleep last night if that because I just couldn't fall asleep; my carb cravings were so bad.

Today I'm drinking more water. My meals today are:

5AM:
1 egg
1 cup egg white
1/4 cup fat free shredded mozz

39g protein, 7g carb, 7g fat

7AM:
1 can yellowfin tuna
2 tbsp Philly nonfat cream cheese

50g protein, 1g carb, 2g fat

10AM:
1/2 packet shortcuts
5 shrimp

42g protein, 2g carb, 4g fat

12:30PM:
2 sausages

40g protein, 4g carb, 12g fat

2:30PM:
1/2 packet shortcuts
5 shrimp

42g protein, 2g carb, 4g fat

5PM:
1 scoop ATW Chocolate Mint Blend
1 scoop ATW Vanilla CC
2 tbsp sugar free hazelnut flavored coffee creamer

47g protein, 1g carb, 2g fat

7PM:
1 scoop ATW Chocolate Mint Blend
1 scoop ATW Vanilla CC
2 tbsp sugar free hazelnut flavored coffee creamer

47g protein, 1g carb, 2g fat

307g protein, 18g carb, 33g fat
1228/72/297
1597 total calories
77/4/19
p/c/f

I will maintain that exact same diet until Wednesday. I will do my damndest to try to drink 3 gallons of water per day. I've almost finished 1 gallon and it isn't even noon. I need to pick up the pace I think.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Keep it up Null, do not give into the voices, doubt and fear will do nothing except destroy your goals. You know what is going to work, and let it all come together.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The worst voice was the one about the protein bars. They are ON COmplete diet bars so all the carbs are sugar alcohols:

"sugar alcohols don't count as carbs! you don't have to worry about it! you'll still deplete even if you have one..."

ugh.

I. can't. wait. till. I. shi-tload.

I bought reeses peanut butter cups, white chocolate mini-reeses peanut butter cups, milky ways, snickers bars. I'm going to buy 2 dozen donuts from Dunkin Donuts. I'll get a couple large pies from a local pizza shop. My sister-in-law said she's going to bake some stuff for me too.

OH! I just remembered. I need to get a container or two of frosting. Yep. Pure frosting. Just eat some frosting right out of the can. :drool:

*sigh*

It can wait. I have 1 week to go. 1 week. Just 1 week. I can do this.

Oh and tomorrow morning I get waxed. Legs, arms, and chest. That should leave enough time for the irritation to go away by the time of the competition.

As far as how my physique looks, I was in the company gym the other day and looked in the mirror with my shirt off. It's amazing what good lighting will do. Or rather how crappy poor lighting can make you look. The lighting in my house, SUCKS. I looked fantastic in the gym lockerroom. Obliques are really coming in; I'm seeing more and more detail in them each day.

matthams

Awards
keep it up null. i know how you feel. im getting cravings like nothing else right now, and i'm 1 week 6 days out. havent started my depletion yet even.
how much are you planning to eat during your **** load? all of what you bought?!?! that would be insane

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
keep it up null. i know how you feel. im getting cravings like nothing else right now, and i'm 1 week 6 days out. havent started my depletion yet even.
how much are you planning to eat during your **** load? all of what you bought?!?! that would be insane
How much do I plan on eating? As much as I can.

Atlas

Awards
Hey Null if you tell me when and where the contest is I'll go support you brother! I am over here JC near NYC. I also have next Saturday off I believe....if you need my cell number for support so you don't cave in early let me know! Call any time if you need too.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Saturday, April 15th. Tribecca Performing Arts Center.

NPC NY Metropolitan Bodybuilding Championships.

Just got waxed today. It wasn't anywhere near as painful as people say.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
excellent log, and I wish you the best in your upcoming competition Null.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
why are you starting to deplete this early null? the earliest you have to start is the monday before your show

unless i missed something you wrote which is entirely possible

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Started depleting 10 days out. It's not zero carb. I'm at about 20 carbs per day give or take a couple.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
it will definitely work its just IMHO that's overkill .. you can deplete on 20 carbs a day from monday and be fine

but i'm not judging brotha (when you're judgin you ain't lovin) and i know you'll look tremendous .. i was really looking forward to going but unfortunately i have a prior engagement that will have me outta the city that weekend

Atlas

Awards
As long as my schedule doesn't get rearanged, I'll be showing up....any idea on how much admission is....?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
$15 for the prejudging.

$40 or $45 for for the night show depending on wha seats you get.

MadMas

Work Horse
Awards
Seems like youre allowing alot of fat (4/7/06) and those carbs are really low, as glen said i think thats overkill. Great log, and goodluck.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
19% calories from fat is very low for a almost nocarb diet. Heck, it's low PERIOD but even moreso when doing lowcarb. Lowcarb doesn't mean pure protein. It means you substitute carbs for fat and a LITTLE protein.

If you eat too much protein on a low carb diet, I would be willing to wager you might wind up sacrificing some protein to glucogenesis due to the absence of fat.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
19% calories from fat is very low for a almost nocarb diet. Heck, it's low PERIOD but even moreso when doing lowcarb. Lowcarb doesn't mean pure protein. It means you substitute carbs for fat and a LITTLE protein.

If you eat too much protein on a low carb diet, I would be willing to wager you might wind up sacrificing some protein to glucogenesis due to the absence of fat.
That, and your body odour will become very unpleasant, strong and sour from all the nitrogen being released from all that gluconeogenesis... :blink:

Atlas

Awards
Grunt knows about that, that stinky bastard....o and thanks for the update on the other board Grunt......sounds good Glen, I have funds for the morning show, but like going to evening shows, so we'll see how things work out! Definitely wanna support ya bro!

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, it may be overkill, but today I'm depleting as close to no carb as I can sanely achieve. This is tghe meal plan for today and tomorrow:

7AM
tuna and nonfat philly
50g protein , 1g carb, 1.5g fat

9AM
shortcuts
32g protein, 2g carb, 4g fat

11AM
1 scoop ATW casein
1 scoop ATW Blend
4 tbsp Sugarfree Hazelnut coffee creamer
47g protein, 1g carb, 3g fat

1PM