Clear Edge - Renewed

madchemist

Banned
Awards
Agree. Although fumarate is also a Krebs Cycle intermediate, it does not match the effect of propionate within PLCAR in helping to shuttle (long-chain) fatty acids into the mitochondria, as wells as matching PLCAR's affinity for heart and muscle cells.
I'm pretty sure any study which mentions a better cardiotrophic effect was delievered i.p. or intravenous. So I'm not sure if an oral delievery of PLCAR will even have similar results (any studies out there?), because esterases are so prevelant in human biology.

madchemist

Banned
Awards
It is...the comment was a general one addressed to the state of raw material supply. ALCAR, IMO, Is the superior form to boost neural mitochondrial function.

Just as I would use LCLT in a PCT or libido enhancement supplement (hint hint).

Ahh..no I haven't had a chance to use the isolated D isomer. Is it a cognitive nutrition product? I remember Steve mentioning something about it...I had always thought the straight D isomer was controlled, but my supplier also offers it. I might grab a sample.

Have you tried it?
No, CN does not have it. Here it is:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/fth/dphenylalanine.html

Here is a little info on it: http://www.jigsawhealth.com/nat.aspx?&chunkiid=21664

madchemist

Banned
Awards
A gram or so of phenylethylamine + D-phenylalanine would probably make you high as a kite.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm pretty sure any study which mentions a better cardiotrophic effect was delievered i.p. or intravenous. So I'm not sure if an oral delievery of PLCAR will even have similar results (any studies out there?), because esterases are so prevelant in human biology.
1: Drugs R D. 2008;9(2):83-91.Links
ATP production and TCA activity are stimulated by propionyl-L-carnitine in the diabetic rat heart.
Broderick TL.

Department of Physiology, Midwestern University, Glendale, AZ 85308, USA. [email protected]

BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE: The beneficial effect of propionyl-L-carnitine (PLC) on cardiac function in diabetes mellitus is well documented. This study was designed to determine whether the improvement in cardiac function mediated by PLC in the diabetic rat heart is associated with an increase in ATP production and tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle activity. METHODS: Diabetes was induced by an intravenous injection of streptozotocin (60 mg/kg). Following diagnosis of diabetes, treatment was initiated by supplementing the drinking water with PLC at a concentration of 1 g/L for a period of 6 weeks. ATP production and TCA cycle activity were determined from oxidative rates of glucose and palmitate measured in isolated working hearts from control and diabetic animals. RESULTS: The effect of diabetes was associated with a decrease in heart function, expressed as rate-pressure product (RPP), and in rates of myocardial glucose oxidation. Rates of palmitate oxidation in diabetic hearts were similar to those of control hearts. In PLC-treated diabetic hearts, rates of both glucose and palmitate oxidation were increased and a significant improvement in RPP was observed. As a result, overall ATP production and TCA cycle activity from glucose and palmitate oxidation were increased in diabetic hearts. CONCLUSION: Our results indicate that the depression in RPP in the diabetic rat heart can be prevented with chronic PLC treatment. Increases in glucose and palmitate utilization with resultant increases in ATP production and TCA cycle activity may explain the benefit of PLC on diabetic rat heart function.

Supplemented the drinking water. Actually, I think most of the studies are done with oral delivery, especially for Chronic Fatigue.

madchemist

Banned
Awards
1: Drugs R D. 2008;9(2):83-91.Links
ATP production and TCA activity are stimulated by propionyl-L-carnitine in the diabetic rat heart.
Broderick TL.

Department of Physiology, Midwestern University, Glendale, AZ 85308, USA. [email protected]

BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE: The beneficial effect of propionyl-L-carnitine (PLC) on cardiac function in diabetes mellitus is well documented. This study was designed to determine whether the improvement in cardiac function mediated by PLC in the diabetic rat heart is associated with an increase in ATP production and tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle activity. METHODS: Diabetes was induced by an intravenous injection of streptozotocin (60 mg/kg). Following diagnosis of diabetes, treatment was initiated by supplementing the drinking water with PLC at a concentration of 1 g/L for a period of 6 weeks. ATP production and TCA cycle activity were determined from oxidative rates of glucose and palmitate measured in isolated working hearts from control and diabetic animals. RESULTS: The effect of diabetes was associated with a decrease in heart function, expressed as rate-pressure product (RPP), and in rates of myocardial glucose oxidation. Rates of palmitate oxidation in diabetic hearts were similar to those of control hearts. In PLC-treated diabetic hearts, rates of both glucose and palmitate oxidation were increased and a significant improvement in RPP was observed. As a result, overall ATP production and TCA cycle activity from glucose and palmitate oxidation were increased in diabetic hearts. CONCLUSION: Our results indicate that the depression in RPP in the diabetic rat heart can be prevented with chronic PLC treatment. Increases in glucose and palmitate utilization with resultant increases in ATP production and TCA cycle activity may explain the benefit of PLC on diabetic rat heart function.

Supplemented the drinking water. Actually, I think most of the studies are done with oral delivery, especially for Chronic Fatigue.
Any human studies with oral bioavailability? I'd also like to see this extrapolated for HED.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any human studies with oral bioavailability? I'd also like to see this extrapolated for HED.
1: Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Nov;1033:79-91.Click here to read Links
Therapeutic effects of L-carnitine and propionyl-L-carnitine on cardiovascular diseases: a review.
Ferrari R, Merli E, Cicchitelli G, Mele D, Fucili A, Ceconi C.

Chair of Cardiology, University Hospital of Ferrara, Gussago (Brescia), Italy. [email protected]

Several experimental studies have shown that levocarnitine reduces myocardial injury after ischemia and reperfusion by counteracting the toxic effect of high levels of free fatty acids, which occur in ischemia, and by improving carbohydrate metabolism. In addition to increasing the rate of fatty acid transport into mitochondria, levocarnitine reduces the intramitochondrial ratio of acetyl-CoA to free CoA, thus stimulating the activity of pyruvate dehydrogenase and increasing the oxidation of pyruvate. Supplementation of the myocardium with levocarnitine results in an increased tissue carnitine content, a prevention of the loss of high-energy phosphate stores, ischemic injury, and improved heart recovery on reperfusion. Clinically, levocarnitine has been shown to have anti-ischemic properties. In small short-term studies, levocarnitine acts as an antianginal agent that reduces ST segment depression and left ventricular end-diastolic pressure. These short-term studies also show that levocarnitine releases the lactate of coronary artery disease patients subjected to either exercise testing or atrial pacing. These cardioprotective effects have been confirmed during aortocoronary bypass grafting and acute myocardial infarction. In a randomized multicenter trial performed on 472 patients, levocarnitine treatment (9 g/day by intravenous infusion for 5 initial days and 6 g/day orally for the next 12 months), when initiated early after acute myocardial infarction, attenuated left ventricular dilatation and prevented ventricular remodeling. In treated patients, there was a trend towards a reduction in the combined incidence of death and CHF after discharge. Levocarnitine could improve ischemia and reperfusion by (1) preventing the accumulation of long-chain acyl-CoA, which facilitates the production of free radicals by damaged mitochondria; (2) improving repair mechanisms for oxidative-induced damage to membrane phospholipids; (3) inhibiting malignancy arrhythmias because of accumulation within the myocardium of long-chain acyl-CoA; and (4) reducing the ischemia-induced apoptosis and the consequent remodeling of the left ventricle. Propionyl-L-carnitine is a carnitine derivative that has a high affinity for muscular carnitine transferase, and it increases cellular carnitine content, thereby allowing free fatty acid transport into the mitochondria. Moreover, propionyl-L-carnitine stimulates a better efficiency of the Krebs cycle during hypoxia by providing it with a very easily usable substrate, propionate, which is rapidly transformed into succinate without energy consumption (anaplerotic pathway). Alone, propionate cannot be administered to patients in view of its toxicity. The results of phase-2 studies in chronic heart failure patients showed that long-term oral treatment with propionyl-L-carnitine improves maximum exercise duration and maximum oxygen consumption over placebo and indicated a specific propionyl-L-carnitine effect on peripheral muscle metabolism. A multicenter trial on 537 patients showed that propionyl-L-carnitine improves exercise capacity in patients with heart failure, but preserved cardiac function.

This was a combination of deliveries, but there IS favorable data on absorption of oral PLCAR and increase of carnitine stores/lowering of FFA in cardiac, liver, and skeletal muscle tissue.

This study also touches on the various mechanisms of PLCAR, and why it is SUCH a potent tool for so many reasons. It describes the propionate key, as well as the influence of Acyl-COA/Acetyl-COA ratios and why it is so badass effective at triggering FFA acid transport and usage as fuel.

This is the first study that caught my eye, right after it came out, that got me so freaking excited about PLCAR. Clear Edge came out within 2 months of reading this study, in order to provide a steady semi-stimulating (more like increased energy) effect on the bodies of long duration poker tournement players.

Basically - PLCAR is the ****.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
More good stuff for you here:
1: Mol Aspects Med. 2004 Oct-Dec;25(5-6):475-93.Click here to read Links
Carnitine acyltransferases and their influence on CoA pools in health and disease.
Ramsay RR, Zammit VA.

Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, University of St. Andrews, North Haugh, St. Andrews KY16 9ST, Scotland, UK. [email protected]

Cells contain limited and sequestered pools of Coenzyme A (CoA) that are essential for activating carboxylate metabolites. Some acyl-CoA esters have high metabolic and signalling impact, so control of CoA ester concentrations is important. This and transfer of the activated acyl moieties between cell compartments without wasting energy on futile cycles of hydrolysis and resynthesis is achieved through the carnitine system. The location, properties of and deficiencies in the carnitine acyltransferases are described in relation to their influence on the CoA pools in the cell and, hence, on metabolism. The protection of free CoA pools in disease states is achieved by excretion of acyl-carnitine so that carnitine supplementation is required where unwanted acyl groups build up, such as in some inherited disorders of fatty acid oxidation. Acetyl-carnitine improves cognition in the brain and propionyl-carnitine improves cardiac performance in heart disease and diabetes. The therapeutic effects of carnitine and its esters are discussed in relation to the integrative influence of the carnitine system across CoA pools. Recent evidence for sequestered pools of activated acetate for synthesis of malonyl-CoA, for the synthesis of polyunsaturated fatty acids and for the inhibition of carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 to regulate fatty acid oxidation is reviewed.

madchemist

Banned
Awards
Did you ever think about putting a racetam in it?

just curious

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you ever think about putting a racetam in it?

just curious
Racetams are grey market supplement, and prescription meds in OTHER countries. While it is not illegal to possess or order, a simple letter would prohibit one from selling a formula containing it.

Instead, I use L-Pyroglutamic Acid, which shares the base structure with the racetams (it's what they were based on) and a lot of the same functionality. There is also a unique mode of action WRT L-Pyro which prevents neural cells from being starved for glucose under certain conditions.

madchemist

Banned
Awards
Racetams are grey market supplement, and prescription meds in OTHER countries. While it is not illegal to possess or order, a simple letter would prohibit one from selling a formula containing it.

Instead, I use L-Pyroglutamic Acid, which shares the base structure with the racetams (it's what they were based on) and a lot of the same functionality. There is also a unique mode of action WRT L-Pyro which prevents neural cells from being starved for glucose under certain conditions.

bump for ingredient list

madchemist

Banned
Awards
Understood, however, if you react propionic acid with oxiracetam, you'd have a new chemical entity on your hands that is not prescribed in any country.

:thumbsup:

..ingredient list?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just waiting for ingredients, then we'll be ready to roll.

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
dsade can you clear your pm's has I would like your advice on some carnitine questions I have.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade can you clear your pm's has I would like your advice on some carnitine questions I have.
let me clear out some room when I get home..give me an hour or so.

BifWebster

Awards
Can we expect this in november, it'd be great before finals.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Slight reformulation, that will result in a more dramatic effect.

it will retain its creativity enhancing and focus enhancing properties, but will add in a neuroactive compound to facilitate verbal expression and communication.

I also just found out that my web developer is tightly connected to the WPT association, so we might try to revive that angle (assist in keeping you focused and top-form during poker tournaments.)

We initially had a verbal agreement with Daniel Negreanu that ended up falling apart when we hit the detail portion. I would still love to have him aboard, as I consider him a poker genius.

The product design will be the best overall neuroenhancer around - useful for studying, sales presentations, creative focus, and even (when combined with other things) the ideal charm enhancer for going out.

simpledude

Awards
Slight reformulation, that will result in a more dramatic effect.

it will retain its creativity enhancing and focus enhancing properties, but will add in a neuroactive compound to facilitate verbal expression and communication.

I also just found out that my web developer is tightly connected to the WPT association, so we might try to revive that angle (assist in keeping you focused and top-form during poker tournaments.)

We initially had a verbal agreement with Daniel Negreanu that ended up falling apart when we hit the detail portion. I would still love to have him aboard, as I consider him a poker genius.

The product design will be the best overall neuroenhancer around - useful for studying, sales presentations, creative focus, and even (when combined with other things) the ideal charm enhancer for going out.
Looks sweet, send me some to beta test :D

also check your inbox and email asap

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks sweet, send me some to beta test :D

also check your inbox and email asap
got everything, and everything is good to go.

Plan proceeding as normal, and the domination of the upper north american territories is almost complete. Your position is solidifed, comrade.

simpledude

Awards
got everything, and everything is good to go.

Plan proceeding as normal, and the domination of the upper north american territories is almost complete. Your position is solidifed, comrade.
Great lauch the nukes and missiles and send me the bill asap :dance:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great lauch the nukes and missiles and send me the bill asap :dance:
I will send you a video recording of your enemies being crushed, and you will see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women.

simpledude

Awards
I will send you a video recording of your enemies being crushed, and you will see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women.
Excellent (Mr. Burn's voice)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WARNING:

I directly attribute this most productive period of my life to my use of Clear Edge (old formula)...however, my personal stash is getting dangerously low.

I will be getting this back out ASAP - if only to not lose my OWN momentum.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good to hear! I need something without stims for my late night judo. I'm up at 5:30, work from 7-5:30, and hit judo from 7-9pm Mon-wed-fri, or roast coffee from 7-12 tues-thurs. Sundays I sell coffee at the farmers market. I was taking a half an Endorush pre-judo, but even though I go to sleep ok, it's not quality sleep. I dropped the stims, and performance went up. I need vinpocetine, huperzine, plcar, ginko, dunno, something to zap my brain without stims.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Figured I'd bump this-just read the ingredient panel for Strange, awesome!So I'm def stoked to see what the new Clear Edge will look like as well.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
will this be ready by spring semester?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hoping to have it ready by early March.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
that will be spring semesterII for me

i can wait

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For those still following along:

: J Pharm Pharmacol. 1992 Jan;44(1):24-7.Links
Alpha 2-adrenoceptor changes during cerebral ageing. The effect of Ginkgo biloba extract.
Huguet F, Tarrade T.

INSERM U. 316, Tours, France.

[3H]Rauwolscine binding to alpha 2-adrenoceptors in cerebral cortex and hippocampus membranes of young (4 months) and aged (24 months) Wistar rats has been investigated. In aged rats, Bmax values of [3H]rauwolscine binding were significantly reduced (25-32%) in the cerebral cortex and hippocampus, as compared with the number of alpha 2-adrenoceptors found in young rats. Chronic treatment with Ginkgo biloba extract did not alter [3H]rauwolscine binding in the hippocampus of young rats, but significantly increased (28%) the [3H]rauwolscine binding density in aged rats. These data confirm the previously described age-related noradrenergic alteration and suggest that noradrenergic activity in aged rats is more susceptible to Ginkgo biloba extract treatment.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whats happening with this?
I just scored the Alpha-Yohimbine I've been looking for for 2 years. Clear Edge Renewed looks to be around 10 weeks out.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
10 WEEKS! :mad: What do you need to do, nano-paticularize it?

:lol:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its cryogenic. well enough people are crying about it anyhow

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
10 WEEKS! :mad: What do you need to do, nano-paticularize it?

:lol:
You know I rub each and every capsule on my private naughty area...that's a lot of capsules to get through.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It better be here in ten weeks! that'd be good timing for me...im patient :)

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alpha-Yohimbine??

So It will be banned in AU then. :(

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alpha-Yohimbine??

So It will be banned in AU then. :(
Depends how I list the nomenclature on the label.

I might call it Rauwolscine, or even Rauwolfia Serpentina extract, for labels destined for my Canadian distributor.

All names are correct, but for purposes of thread discussion it is known mostly as Alpha-yohimbine.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends how I list the nomenclature on the label.

I might call it Rauwolscine, or even Rauwolfia Serpentina extract, for labels destined for my Canadian distributor.

All names are correct, but for purposes of thread discussion it is known mostly as Alpha-yohimbine.
In that case, LABEL IT UP.

Im buying 50 bottles off the BAT!

I didnt know AY had different names? AWESOME. Matt Im emailing, I want BULK TOO! LOL

;P

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You know I rub each and every capsule on my private naughty area...that's a lot of capsules to get through.
I'm unemployed right now; maybe I could help you with that. My private naughty area is lush, yet well-kept.