Classic Kleen - The Road To Competition Fall 2024

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was super excited to come down from 36x34 down to 34x34. Don’t want to do that to often it’s expensive re supplying!
at my very fattest I recall buying 38" and being like ohshit, time to cut this down a bit lol. and my inseam is only like 30" for comparison lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
at my very fattest I recall buying 38" and being like ohshit, time to cut this down a bit lol. and my inseam is only like 30" for comparison lol
I think I’m 40x30 right now. Maybe 42 but I think it’s just a relaxed fit 40. Gotta get all that ass in them jeans, as they say.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think I’m 40x30 right now. Maybe 42 but I think it’s just a relaxed fit 40. Gotta get all that ass in them jeans, as they say.
Yep, big old butt and thighs. LOL I tried putting on a regular pair of 34/32 jeans and could only get them halfway up my thighs...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The goal of every lifter should be to never be able to wear slim fit jeans of any size lol
Right, ain't no slim fits for me!!! I actually wonder how high up in waist size it would take to get my thighs in a slim fit. LOL I can't even imagine yours with how big your legs are!!!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right, ain't no slim fits for me!!! I actually wonder how high up in waist size it would take to get my thighs in a slim fit. LOL I can't even imagine yours with how big your legs are!!!
I can’t even buy suit pants off the rack for my waist size. End up having to get all of my suits custom because the jacket sleeves, shoulders and back are too tight for my chest size and the legs and seat are way too tight for my waist size.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can’t even buy suit pants off the rack for my waist size. End up having to get all of my suits custom because the jacket sleeves, shoulders and back are too tight for my chest size and the legs and seat are way too tight for my waist size.
Man I had a tux rental for a wedding I was in recently, and I swear that thing was one good dance move away from blowing out either the jacket or pants - and I even waited to get measured until about 10 days before the event, AND lost some weight in that time.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man I had a tux rental for a wedding I was in recently, and I swear that thing was one good dance move away from blowing out either the jacket or pants - and I even waited to get measured until about 10 days before the event, AND lost some weight in that time.
I had to spend $300 per suit to get retailored when I started work here in NYC, and I’m still not comfortable wearing any of the pants and the jackets are all realistically a bit too tight across the board.

Instead of having the rest tailored, I’m intending to just get all new suits in the new year (especially if I start playing with gear again and get back around 220 like I’d like to)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For sure, even in the athletic fit I would be in a 32/32 if my legs would fit, but I had to get 34/32.
Been there before... Afraid to reach for things or squat down for anything.
I had to spend $300 per suit to get retailored when I started work here in NYC, and I’m still not comfortable wearing any of the pants and the jackets are all realistically a bit too tight across the board.

Instead of having the rest tailored, I’m intending to just get all new suits in the new year (especially if I start playing with gear again and get back around 220 like I’d like to)
Yeah that makes a lot of sense if you are going to make that kind of jump.

12/23/23 - Fasted Weight 207.6 - Up 13.2lbs from my low on the cut!

Here are a couple shots from my check in this morning. I am going to have to figure out a better set up for my progress pics. The webcam skews either the top or the bottom of the picture a bit depending on angle because the room is too small for me to get far enough away from it. So if the shot does okay with my upper body my legs looks smaller than they are and pointed down to where you see the legs better it washes out the top at a weird angle. I just noticed on these even more how much it changes as I was trying to adjust the angle. Anyway here are a few shots.

I am about to head to the gym here shortly. I ended up holding off on training yesterday. My lower back just wasn't ready yet. So I will be doing a marathon session today to get both of my sessions in. Luckily arms after back and hams won't be too hard to make work. Just had a nice big meal to fuel it so letting that get into the system a bit first but not waiting so long I don't have a steady supply of glucose during the session.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Back & Hamstrings - Friday, Dec 22, 2023 at 9:50pm

Seated Leg Curl (Machine) -
Up 5lbs on all sets but last
Set 1: 60 lbs x 20 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 75 lbs x 15 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 3: 85 lbs x 10 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 4: 65 lbs x 0 @ 6 rpe -
My lower back felt a tiny bit of an issue on final rep of previous set so I stopped here for safety and continued today.

Arsenal Chest Supported Flexion Shrug
Set 1: 115 lbs x 15 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 135 lbs x 12 @ 8 rpe
- Found a way to set up on the Chest Supported Low Row to do some back extension and retraction work for upper and mid back development to still hit the same area as the rack pulls but in a safer manner. Weight is per side not total weight.

Arsenal Wide grip Pronated Chest Supported Row
Set 1: 50 lbs x 8 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 50 lbs x 8 @ 7 rpe
Set 3: 70 lbs x 8 @ 9 rpe -
Started 10lbs heavier and had to jump up 30 by the final set to get the RPE within correct rep range. Will start with 60-65 next session and see how this feels.

Bent Over Row (Dumbbell)
"Up 5, +2 3/4 partials"
Set 1: 50 lbs x 20 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 2: 50 lbs x 16 @ 10 rpe [Failure] + 2 3/4 rep partials -
Up 5 lbs from last week.

Straight Arm Lat Pulldown (Cable)
Set 1: 80 lbs x 9 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
RP Set 2: 80 lbs x 3 @ 10 rpe
RP Set 3: 80 lbs x 2 @ 10 rpe -
+ 10lbs here.

The DB rows took so much out of my shoulder stability due to fatigue, I knew I could not provide the stability needed for the triceps work. Especially the triceps kickback, plus I really needed to get back and eat. So I decided to just to today's session first thing in the AM tomorrow, then come home and start cooking my prime rib.

I definitely pushed my back hard today, and am happy even with the required exercise substitutions.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Man I know I say it every time but just impressed! You are going to look huge on stage when the time comes brother!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man I know I say it every time but just impressed! You are going to look huge on stage when the time comes brother!
Thanks Brother! Trust me I appreciate it every time!

About to head to the gym for my make up Arm session from yesterday. Just got my feedback from my check in. I will be staying at current calories to clean things up a little more this week. Between missing 2 cardio sessions and having 2 I had to slow down a bit on due to lower back tweak, I still have a little cleaning up to do before we move up. This is where the experience of a good coach comes in. I probably would have panicked a bit after the weight blow up last week without him navigating. So this week instead of going up I am getting a free meal / evening feeding for my Christmas Eve dinner tonight. Which is great, my Stepmother is making me a pecan pie for dessert. I want to have at least one peice of it. :)

Morning Weight 207.8 - Had a bunch of food toward the end of the night to get the rest of my macros in.

I am pretty sure we are hoping to see my weight hang in this range as I clean up this week. Next week should be better for cleaning back up from getting in cardio as prescribed.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks Brother! Trust me I appreciate it every time!

About to head to the gym for my make up Arm session from yesterday. Just got my feedback from my check in. I will be staying at current calories to clean things up a little more this week. Between missing 2 cardio sessions and having 2 I had to slow down a bit on due to lower back tweak, I still have a little cleaning up to do before we move up. This is where the experience of a good coach comes in. I probably would have panicked a bit after the weight blow up last week without him navigating. So this week instead of going up I am getting a free meal / evening feeding for my Christmas Eve dinner tonight. Which is great, my Stepmother is making me a pecan pie for dessert. I want to have at least one peice of it. :)

Morning Weight 207.8 - Had a bunch of food toward the end of the night to get the rest of my macros in.

I am pretty sure we are hoping to see my weight hang in this range as I clean up this week. Next week should be better for cleaning back up from getting in cardio as prescribed.
Pecan pie one of the best!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Especially homemade!
Most definitely!

looks like you said you are cooking for Christmas even dinner, hope your prime rib turns out awesome!

I got mine in the fridge yet, I’ll be cooking it for Christmas dinner tomorrow. We will see if it will be feet of snow to get to the smoker! I decided to try a fruitwood competition blend for the pellets this year 🤞🏼

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Most definitely!

looks like you said you are cooking for Christmas even dinner, hope your prime rib turns out awesome!

I got mine in the fridge yet, I’ll be cooking it for Christmas dinner tomorrow. We will see if it will be feet of snow to get to the smoker! I decided to try a fruitwood competition blend for the pellets this year 🤞🏼
Nice, I have used and apple and cherry combo on a pork shoulder before and it came out awesome! Also, it looks like I will be cooking in the garage. I have grey felt like finished walls in there from the previous owner who had it set up as his gameroom. So that dang smoke smell will stick around a week or two, but the grub will be worth it. The felt comes in handy because anything that has velcro I can just stick to it instead of having to buy or install hooks for it. Should be about a 4-5 hour cook with 2 8lb bone in slabs of beef.

I had to adjust my workout plans. I am heading to the store for some last minute stuff then will end up working out in the garage while the meat cooks.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is it the Pit Boss Fruit Blend? If so let me know what you think about it.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Actually I can see improvements in your physique each time you post pictures, but I see what you are talking about with the shading. Even with the shade your quads are still looking big, you just can’t see the separation as good in the shade, but we know it’s there. I know I said it before, but the balance is better and better, no body part seems to overpower the rest. Again that’s one of the things I always thought was impressive with Frank Zane was his balanced physique, it always gave him the appearance of being bigger than he was. That’s a big reason he could compete against the big boys like Arnold.
The workout, diet (cut & bulk), and anabolics has been a really good prep for you….keeping that gain train rolling.💪

I hope yours and akboom’s Prime Rib turn out good….. I put two Turkeys on the smoker at 1:00 AM. It’s already smelling good outside. I got a bad habit of snacking as I cook, ha, already put away some grilled sausage on rice while I sit here looking at the stars, peaceful.😎

I hope all you brothers and your families have a Merry Christmas.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Late to the party on pants size - but question, on my cut I went from 2nd largest belt hole to having to make a new belt hole because the tightest was too loose. 36” pants to fit in, now with 34” being loose in some styles.

do you guys expect your waist only to increase on a bulk? I.e. belt notch changes? Haven’t had to yet - but I know the day I have to go up a notch im gonna feel like a giant POS. Lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First things first, Merry Christmas to all of you!

No I buy the lumber jack pellets, I have the best luck with them and burn the most consistent temp wise.
I will have to check them out.
Actually I can see improvements in your physique each time you post pictures, but I see what you are talking about with the shading. Even with the shade your quads are still looking big, you just can’t see the separation as good in the shade, but we know it’s there. I know I said it before, but the balance is better and better, no body part seems to overpower the rest. Again that’s one of the things I always thought was impressive with Frank Zane was his balanced physique, it always gave him the appearance of being bigger than he was. That’s a big reason he could compete against the big boys like Arnold.
The workout, diet (cut & bulk), and anabolics has been a really good prep for you….keeping that gain train rolling.💪

I hope yours and akboom’s Prime Rib turn out good….. I put two Turkeys on the smoker at 1:00 AM. It’s already smelling good outside. I got a bad habit of snacking as I cook, ha, already put away some grilled sausage on rice while I sit here looking at the stars, peaceful.😎

I hope all you brothers and your families have a Merry Christmas.
Thanks! I do agree, you can definitely still see the size increase for sure, and the lines are still there. What I mean was that the angle of the camera also skews the actual photograph. I played with it for quite a bit once I noticed how much the nagle of the camera effected it and got the most even shot I could. When it is angled more yp the upper body looks much bigger and the lower looks a lot smaller, and visa versa. This was the most even shot I could get but as mentioned shadows out some of the lines too. I will post up some comparison shots from 194.8 to last week. Although I have definitely added a little fat, it is really not much at all for a 13lb gain.

Came out beautifully, everyone loved it! Had kosher salt on the table for everyone to salt it with too since they were so big you can't really season the inside. I figured let everyone salt to taste. :) I think next time I am going to inject, or dry brine it and put some garlic cloves inside the meat too.

Hams and outer quad sweep looking good in the RDB shots! Some quality tissue there.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Thanks Hyde, they are definitely coming up more. My son and I really noticed that as one of the big differences yesterday too!
Late to the party on pants size - but question, on my cut I went from 2nd largest belt hole to having to make a new belt hole because the tightest was too loose. 36” pants to fit in, now with 34” being loose in some styles.

do you guys expect your waist only to increase on a bulk? I.e. belt notch changes? Haven’t had to yet - but I know the day I have to go up a notch im gonna feel like a giant POS. Lol
I am up one belt notch but it is a little loose there. I think it depends on how aggressive the bulk is and what amount of weight gain you are targeting. Obviously for me everything is growing but as far as waist size goes, I know it it going to get thicker while pushing food. That means I am succeeding, now I don't actually want to see my abs disappear, and from what I can tell neither does my coach. I trust my coach completely because I represent him and his reputation. So whatever he is okay with, I am okay with. If you can adopt that mentality then maybe you will feel successful while expanding a little.

Okay so the first shots of these are @194.8 on 11/18/23 my low was 194.4, the second were @207.6 on 12/23/23 so 13.2 lbs in about 5 weeks

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/24/23 - Arms - Garage Session

Arms - Sunday, Dec 24, 2023 at 5:18pm

SA Triceps Rope Extension
Set 1: 25 lbs x 20 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 25 lbs x 15 @ 8 rpe
Set 3: 25 lbs x 10 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 4: 15 lbs x 19 @ 10 rpe [Failure] -
This was an interesting set up trying to find the right angle to do a triceps extension off of the levered triceps extension set up which is basically a rope hung on the lat pulldown bar. So it travels in an arch and I had to figure out the best angle to stand at with it. Definitely need to install my Titan Cable Pulley tower for future garage sessions.

Triceps Kickback (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 10 lbs x 20 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 10 lbs x 20 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 10 lbs x 21 @ 10 rpe [Failure] -
I did one extra on last set since I don't have access to 12.5's and 15's are too heavy right now. Also slowed tempo down a little more to make it more work.

EZ Bar Skullcrusher
Set 1: 65 lbs x 15 @ 9 rpe
Set 2: 65 lbs x 12 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 70 lbs x 8 @ 10 rpe -
Moving Up comfortably here. Happy with these.

Diamond Push Up
"Had a longer break"
Set 1: 18 reps
Set 2: 8 reps
Set 3: 6 reps -
First set rep count is pretty high because I had to go take the meat inside real quick and tent it with aluminum foil, so I got a longer rest period. I love these things, they really hit my lateral triceps head, and my chest gets an amazing pump and contraction.

Single Arm Preacher Curl
Set 1: 15 lbs x 10 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 15 lbs x 10 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 15 lbs x 10 @ 10 rpe -
Man, this Preacher curl set up makes the strength curve so heavy at peak contraction I had to really lower the weight. Great biceps stretch with the set up, pump and burn off the charts.

EZ Bar Biceps Curl
Set 1: 55 lbs x 12 @ 9 rpe
Set 2: 55 lbs x 8 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
Set 3: 55 lbs x 6 @ 10 rpe [Failure] - OUCH!!!
The burn on these were almost unbearable.

By the time I finished this session, both my triceps and biceps were so pumped they ached! My Little Sisters new boyfriend came over for the first time and apparently she came out to introduce him in the middle of one of my sets so his first impression of me was heavy metal blaring, and not even looking up from my set because I was in the zone and didn't realize they were talking to me since my son was outside. I imagine he thought Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into. LOL

I also had my first inquisitive person to just outright ask me if I was on gear. LMAO... It really took me off guard because we were at the dinner table 12 people deep. He says "So, do you do any steroids?" Which I really didn't feel was an appropriate time to ask that question. Especially since we aren't close, we have only met when he comes to the house for holidays. If he had asked me a little more privately, I wouldn't have an issue responding truthfully, but c'mon bro, in front of my entire family at Christmas Eve dinner? Settle down... LMAO!

He's a country boy with no filter, and a nice dude so I ain't mad at him. Was just an uncomfortable situation as every conversation stopped and every head turned to hear my response which of course was... I am on testosterone replacement therapy and have the testosterone levels of a 19 year old. I mean, he asked in front of my entire family and not everyone is open minded enough to have that information. Also to be fair to him, him walking in after an arm session that pumped my chest up like crazy too, I looked like a walking steroid when I went inside. I finished my workout literally about 20 minutes before we ate. So I was still swelling up at the table as I pounded carbs and salt.

I have to be honest though, a little part of me was like... "It's about damn time someone asked!!!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice arm workout…..I’ve always loved the pump after a good arm workout, even though sometimes you have a hard time bending them until the pump settles down. Yeah, talk about probably the most inappropriate time to ask you if you do steroids, at Christmas dinner. Even a good ole country boy knows better than that. Sounds like you handled it with grace, but it does feel good when someone asks.😎

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice session looks like the pump effect was full force!

lol yeah that most definitely not the place to ask those questions!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice arm workout…..I’ve always loved the pump after a good arm workout, even though sometimes you have a hard time bending them until the pump settles down. Yeah, talk about probably the most inappropriate time to ask you if you do steroids, at Christmas dinner. Even a good ole country boy knows better than that. Sounds like you handled it with grace, but it does feel good when someone asks.😎
Yeah, I guess it is less about him being a country boy, and more about having no filter.
Nice session looks like the pump effect was full force!

lol yeah that most definitely not the place to ask those questions!
Agreed, my daughter snapped her head around to listen. Which, if she asks me directly and privately I will be honest with her. However that needs to be our conversation, not a room full of people. Like I said, I ain't mad at him for being himself. His intent wasn't malicious and intent is what should really be considered in most situations.

I am about to take a preworkout and head to the gym. I love the fact I can go 24/7 365 days of the year, even on Christmas! :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I guess it is less about him being a country boy, and more about having no filter.
Agreed, my daughter snapped her head around to listen. Which, if she asks me directly and privately I will be honest with her. However that needs to be our conversation, not a room full of people. Like I said, I ain't mad at him for being himself. His intent wasn't malicious and intent is what should really be considered in most situations.

I am about to take a preworkout and head to the gym. I love the fact I can go 24/7 365 days of the year, even on Christmas! :)
I would have done the same with my stepdaughter present for same reasons. Until she asks me, I have no reason to discuss all that, especially as I believe she already expects that to be the case.

Enjoy the personal time!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
12/9/23 - 199.8lbs

Back & Hamstrings (Friday)
Friday, Dec 08, 2023 at 4:36am

Seated Leg Curl (Machine)
Set 1: 80 lbs x 20 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 85 lbs x 15 @ 10 rpe
Set 3: 90 lbs x 10 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 4: 60 lbs x 20 @ 8.5 rpe -
Went up 5lbs on every set. Go up another 5 lbs

Rack Pull
Set 1: 315 lbs x 15 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 315 lbs x 12 @ 8 rpe -
Start at 345 next week if feeling well.

Arsenal Wide grip Pronated Chest Supported Row
Set 1: 40 lbs x 8 @ 7 rpe
Set 2: 40 lbs x 8 @ 7.5 rpe
Set 3: 40 lbs x 12 @ 9 rpe -
Got to 50 next week.

Ended Morning Session Here

=============================================

Evening Session

Bent Over Row (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 45 lbs x 20 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 45 lbs x 20 @ 9 rpe -
Up 4 reps, I think I may have increased some if done in the morning but definitely got extra reps from the break.

Pullover (Machine)
Set 1: 90 lbs x 13 @ 10 rpe
Set 2: 90 lbs x 6 @ 10 rpe
Set 3: 90 lbs x 6 @ 10 rpe -
My trap and neck got a little bothered by these. I will swap out for the cable bar version he suggested as an alternative.

I got a nice pump from both sessions and was nice and fresh for the last 2 exercises so got a little more out of them.

================================================================================

12/9/23 - 199.8lbs

Interesting data, I put my recorded body weight into a spreadsheet, and did an average weight for the month of November, and the month of December. I have only gained about .5lbs over the last 40 days. However in the middle of that time I hit a low of 194.8, and a high of 202.6 I was flowing in the 195-197 range a couple weeks during the cutting portion but have added on a solid 4 lbs since then. So with the recent calories supposed to have been quite a bit above my maintenance I have only added .4lbs in the last 2 weeks of what should have been a substantial surplus. I think it is safe to say my metabolism is all kinds of revved up at the moment.

Arms - Saturday, Dec 09, 2023 at 5:57pm

Single Arm Triceps Pushdown (Cable)
"20,15,10,20"
Set 1: 25 lbs x 20 @ 9 rpe
Set 2: 30 lbs x 15 @ 10 rpe
Set 3: 30 lbs x 10 @ 10 rpe
Set 4: 20 lbs x 15 @ 10 rpe -
I failed on this set and got a partial on 16

Triceps Kickback (Dumbbell)
"3x20"
Set 1: 10 lbs x 20 @ 9 rpe
Set 2: 10 lbs x 20 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 10 lbs x 20 @ 10 rpe -
10th rep hit failure on both arms.

EZ Bar Skullcrusher
Set 1: 60 lbs x 15 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 1: 60 lbs x 15 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 2: 60 lbs x 12 @ 10 rpe -
Failed Got a partial on 13th rep

Diamond Push Up
"Hands slipping on set 1"
Set 1: 8 reps
Set 2: 9 reps
Set 3: 8 reps -
Hit Failure on all 3 sets

Single Arm Preacher Curl
"Different machine"
Set 1: 65 lbs x 10 @ 9 rpe
Set 2: 65 lbs x 8 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
Set 3: 50 lbs x 6 @ 10 rpe [Failure] -
Big weight increase due to different machine.

EZ Bar Biceps Curl
Set 1: 40 lbs x 15 @ 9 rpe
Set 2: 40 lbs x 15 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 40 lbs x 13 @ 10 rpe [Failure] -
Got partial on rep 14

Pump was massive!!!!

Here are some semi pumped pics from about 45 minutes post workout. I may have gained some weight but I am leaner for sure. The close up FDB was with the camera pointed a little bit down really shows the difference well, that view is more like what I actually see in the mirror.

View attachment 238558View attachment 238559
View attachment 238560
View attachment 238561
View attachment 238562
View attachment 238570
View attachment 238565View attachment 238564
View attachment 238567View attachment 238568
Damn dude, you are looking fantastic!!! Nice work mate!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would have done the same with my stepdaughter present for same reasons. Until she asks me, I have no reason to discuss all that, especially as I believe she already expects that to be the case.

Enjoy the personal time!
Thanks, I definitely enjoyed myself. Getting in the last of my grub now.

12/25/23 Merry Christmas once again! - Fasted Weight 209.2 - The free eating last night added 1.6lbs, not too bad for a nice evening of food and merriment.

Chest & Biceps - Monday, Dec 25, 2023 at 5:43pm

Incline Chest Press (Machine) -
failed on rep after number listed
Set 1: 100 lbs x 6 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
Set 2: 80 lbs x 10 @ 10 rpe

Iso-Lateral Chest Press (Machine) -
Set 1: 65 lbs x 10 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 70 lbs x 10 @ 10 rpe
Set 3: 65 lbs x 8 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
Set 4: 45 lbs x 5 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
Set 5: 35 lbs x 3 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Incline Bench Press (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 40 lbs x 15 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 40 lbs x 15 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 40 lbs x 10 @ 10 rpe [Failure] -

Chest Fly (Machine)
Set 1: 100 lbs x 21 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 100 lbs x 21 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 100 lbs x 20 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
- failed on rep after number listed

Spider Curl (Dumbbell)
"Did 13-15 alternating to get more rest to complete reps..."
Set 1: 25 lbs x 15 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 25 lbs x 15 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 25 lbs x 15 @ 10 rpe

Bicep Curl (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 15 lbs x 15 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 15 lbs x 15 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 3: 15 lbs x 18 @ 10 rpe [Failure] -

I went up on everything for chest either weight or reps but biceps last a little due to not having the rest day in between.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn dude, you are looking fantastic!!! Nice work mate!!!
Thanks Man, I am giving it hell!

================================================================================

12/26/23 - Fasted Weight 211.2 - I had to push a lot of rice at the end of my day to meet macros yesterday. Had a lot of salt with it to help it go down so the increase in weight is not a concern for me. I should drop considerably tomorrow. I had some issues with my water intake last week, and also only got 4 of my cardio sessions in last week, 2 of them being a bit lower intensity due to the lower back issue. So I should make some more progress this week on the clean up with calories being the same again, cardio as planned, and improving my water consumption. These little things make a big difference.

I am pretty sure I have crossed a threshold of "Hey man WTF is going on, why are you getting so big?". :D I just got told by one of my coworkers. Damn Chris you are getting big! I said yeah, I am eating a lot, he was like no not fat. You just look like your muscles are a lot bigger all of the sudden. I told him thanks man, that is the goal!

I got in a good leg session this morning, did Belt Squats today. I took a big bath towel with me and wrapped it around the belt. It made it much more comfortable. I will judge tomorrow but I think these may hit my legs, and glutes just a little better than the pendulums.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks Man, I am giving it hell!

12/26/23 - Fasted Weight 211.2 - I had to push a lot of rice at the end of my day to meet macros yesterday. Had a lot of salt with it to help it go down so the increase in weight is not a concern for me. I should drop considerably tomorrow. I had some issues with my water intake last week, and also only got 4 of my cardio sessions in last week, 2 of them being a bit lower intensity due to the lower back issue. So I should make some more progress this week on the clean up with calories being the same again, cardio as planned, and improving my water consumption. These little things make a big difference.

I am pretty sure I have crossed a threshold of "Hey man WTF is going on, why are you getting so big?". :D I just got told by one of my coworkers. Damn Chris you are getting big! I said yeah, I am eating a lot, he was like no not fat. You just look like your muscles are a lot bigger all of the sudden. I told him thanks man, that is the goal!

I got in a good leg session this morning, did Belt Squats today. I took a big bath towel with me and wrapped it around the belt. It made it much more comfortable. I will judge tomorrow but I think these may hit my legs, and glutes just a little better than the pendulums.
Keep it up you are going to be the office enforcer!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah when you start getting all of the extra random comments you really know everyone else is seeing it too.

I was coming out of a store a few days ago and this old lady looks up at me in surprise and says, “You look like a football player!”
More like a Mountain!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
More like a Mountain!
Not kidding, I have heard that one too I am NOT in good shape, but I am very much in a shape that makes it hard not to notice me right now. Looking “big in a tshirt,” as they say. I was wearing a Westside Barbell tshirt this weekend and this college kid asked if I had trained there & had any stories. I felt like that was the best respect I could pay Louie, that someone thought I looked like I belonged in his tee.

You look like you need to be heading to the beach soon! Probably not too terribly far for you & Jo, right?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not kidding, I have heard that one too I am NOT in good shape, but I am very much in a shape that makes it hard not to notice me right now. Looking “big in a tshirt,” as they say. I was wearing a Westside Barbell tshirt this weekend and this college kid asked if I had trained there & had any stories. I felt like that was the best respect I could pay Louie, that someone thought I looked like I belonged in his tee.

You look like you need to be heading to the beach soon! Probably not too terribly far for you & Jo, right?
Yeah, about 45 minutes to Galveston, should be a great year to go to the beach considering I will be in prep all summer. Also for sure, when you said she said you looked like a football player I was thinking not many football players have that level of muscle density and size at your height. That pic from the back was just downright impressive size and thickness!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Yeah mate you’re the kind of big where people see your shadow before they see you coming

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s my favorite for smoking ribs.
I will definitely have to check some out, regular grocery store, or do you order online? Also, that sear / bark on your prime rib made me jealous. The Pitboss I have won't lay down bark, at least not without buying the chimney stack for it. I don't have that yet. Reverse searing it was a beautiful idea.

12/27/23 - Fasted Weight 209.2 - Back down 2 lbs, expecting further drop over the next day or so.

Feeling thicker than snicker, not @Hyde thick, not many people are, but bodybuilder thick. Walking around my adductors again. I think I am finally regaining more of that leg size I have been saying was missing. My legs are so full now they are harder to the touch all the time, and move less when I flex. Not just my legs really everything is just on perma-pump, then when I do get a pump it gets nasty fast!!! I think the higher dose has probably settled in to full effect after what about 9-10 200t/150m injects EOD. I have been having to spatter in 5mg of exemestane every other shot after the 4rth round at this dose as well. Trying to keep it as low as possible. Would rather we just bump Mast up a bit, but he has a method he uses with people pretty successfully so not going to ask him to reinvent the wheel.

I think I am going to have to order some 25g 1/2 for when we go up again, 1.75ml is already a minute long shot, and not sure if getting to be a lot for a shallow injection. Any thoughts there guys? I don't mind the time it takes but was wondering if it should be deeper for any reason. I mean, it is obviously working.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I will definitely have to check some out, regular grocery store, or do you order online? Also, that sear / bark on your prime rib made me jealous. The Pitboss I have won't lay down bark, at least not without buying the chimney stack for it. I don't have that yet. Reverse searing it was a beautiful idea.

12/27/23 - Fasted Weight 209.2 - Back down 2 lbs, expecting further drop over the next day or so.

Feeling thicker than snicker, not @Hyde thick, not many people are, but bodybuilder thick. Walking around my adductors again. I think I am finally regaining more of that leg size I have been saying was missing. My legs are so full now they are harder to the touch all the time, and move less when I flex. Not just my legs really everything is just on perma-pump, then when I do get a pump it gets nasty fast!!! I think the higher dose has probably settled in to full effect after what about 9-10 200t/150m injects EOD. I have been having to spatter in 5mg of exemestane every other shot after the 4rth round at this dose as well. Trying to keep it as low as possible. Would rather we just bump Mast up a bit, but he has a method he uses with people pretty successfully so not going to ask him to reinvent the wheel.

I think I am going to have to order some 25g 1/2 for when we go up again, 1.75ml is already a minute long shot, and not sure if getting to be a lot for a shallow injection. Any thoughts there guys? I don't mind the time it takes but was wondering if it should be deeper for any reason. I mean, it is obviously working.
I find mine at Fareway grocery store, but I think most of the big box stores carried them? I’ve seen them at a few places I just can’t recall off the top of my head.

yes the sear on the blackstone was a genius idea and probably will be a staple now because of that nice sear.
Same thing with my pellet grill I can’t do any good searing with it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Nothing wrong with using Exem when you don’t want to use even more gear right now - there are more global effects to increasing Masteron than just competing with aromatization, so don’t pull the dose lever harder just to dial e2 when Exemestane is more specific. Remember, Exem isn’t hard on lipids - having lower estrogen in general is. But it needs to be low enough not to bother gyno, so whether you manage it with either compound the net level of estrogen ends up same. AND more DHT/gear means worse lipids, so realistically adding some Exem is actually healthier here than adding even more Mast, if the total mg is higher with more mast.

Anything over 1.5cc in one depot site, I prefer to use at least 5/8th, if not 1”. I have some 26g 5/8th and 25 1” that I use for all my bigger shots. I go with 27g or 28g slinpins for 1cc or less. You are much leaner than me so you probably don’t ever NEED 1” except for actual glutes.

You can do big shots shallow, they just tend to welt more, and you are putting all of the scar tissue right at the surface. I think there is value in putting at least some of the scar tissue deeper at different levels. Anything 2.5cc or up I go 1”.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nothing wrong with using Exem when you don’t want to use even more gear right now - there are more global effects to increasing Masteron than just competing with aromatization, so don’t pull the dose lever harder just to dial e2 when Exemestane is more specific. Remember, Exem isn’t hard on lipids - having lower estrogen in general is. But it needs to be low enough not to bother gyno, so whether you manage it with either compound the net level of estrogen ends up same. AND more DHT/gear means worse lipids, so realistically adding some Exem is actually healthier here than adding even more Mast, if the total mg is higher with more mast.

Anything over 1.5cc in one depot site, I prefer to use at least 5/8th, if not 1”. I have some 26g 5/8th and 25 1” that I use for all my bigger shots. I go with 27g or 28g slinpins for 1cc or less. You are much leaner than me so you probably don’t ever NEED 1” except for actual glutes.

You can do big shots shallow, they just tend to welt more, and you are putting all of the scar tissue right at the surface. I think there is value in putting at least some of the scar tissue deeper at different levels. Anything 2.5cc or up I go 1”.
Oh, I agree the exem over more gear is the better option instead of increasing dose of mast just to lower estrogen. I meant bumping the Mast up even with Test or closer to it when he made the next increase so that no AI is needed after that adjustment.

I will go ahead and order some more pins that are a little longer.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/27/23 - Cardio - Elliptical 35 minutes, 104-108 RPM, Level 15 HR = 135-150 - 498 calories - I did an extra 10 minutes of cardio yesterday, to catch up for the missed session earlier in the week.

12/28/23 - Fasted Weight 210.2 - This weight just wants to stick around, it is actually going up again. I guess I still haven't grown into the surplus, or my estrogen is higher than I think. Which is fine as long as my nipples aren't getting sensitive. Looks to be an average of about 2 lbs a week. I don't look bad at all but full as a tick. Some of the lines in my legs are disappearing from the fullness, it doesn't really look like there is more fat, although I am sure there is also a little more of that. I still have quad veins and stuff, just like the muscle is too full to show the lines if that makes any sense. I am sure some of you who have done decent strength gear know what I mean. Last time I was full like this I was on like 60mg a day of DMZ and a TRT dose of test. DMZ just fills my muscle up ridiculously.

I went to train this morning but my right shoulder and labrum were really bitching. I went through several attempts at warming up then decided to cut my losses and drive over to my other gym and do my cardio and try the shoulder again later today after I have been up and moving around. I also took a dose of aleve to bring some of the acute inflammation down. So, I should be good for training later today. Going to attempt to get the job done in the gym across the street if I have time today. If not then I will be hitting up a session tonight.

Cardio - Elliptical 35 minutes, 104-108 RPM, Level 15 HR = 135-150 - 512 calories

After that I went and sat in the sauna for 15 minutes before heading out just to relax, and get any residual water off of me. Did a few sets of crunches while in there.

The change in my physique, size, fullness, and roundness is very obvious to me at this point. Shirts that used to be loose in my arms are now getting stuck up over my triceps, and my chest seems to be responding really well. My arms measured at 17 15/16 for left, and 17 7/8 on the right flexed about an hour of my last chest and biceps session. If I remember correctly they were at 17.5 pumped 3 months ago and are more defined now. So I am guessing I have added about half an inch to my arms at this point while being leaner.

Do you all think it would be smart to start posting on Instagram, and tagging the shows I plan to compete in to get my name in the promoters heads since I am a total unknown? Maybe hopefully draw a few people out to cheer for me? I kind of want too, but also would kind of feel stupid because I just don't see myself as anything super special or motivating while at the same time knowing I am in the top .5% of all 50 year old men. Which is kind of weird. Anyway, just wondering if I should be playing the social media game, plus I think tagging the coach and showing my work and progress would be helpful to him.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
12/27/23 - Cardio - Elliptical 35 minutes, 104-108 RPM, Level 15 HR = 135-150 - 498 calories - I did an extra 10 minutes of cardio yesterday, to catch up for the missed session earlier in the week.

12/28/23 - Fasted Weight 210.2 - This weight just wants to stick around, it is actually going up again. I guess I still haven't grown into the surplus, or my estrogen is higher than I think. Which is fine as long as my nipples aren't getting sensitive. Looks to be an average of about 2 lbs a week. I don't look bad at all but full as a tick. Some of the lines in my legs are disappearing from the fullness, it doesn't really look like there is more fat, although I am sure there is also a little more of that. I still have quad veins and stuff, just like the muscle is too full to show the lines if that makes any sense. I am sure some of you who have done decent strength gear know what I mean. Last time I was full like this I was on like 60mg a day of DMZ and a TRT dose of test. DMZ just fills my muscle up ridiculously.

I went to train this morning but my right shoulder and labrum were really bitching. I went through several attempts at warming up then decided to cut my losses and drive over to my other gym and do my cardio and try the shoulder again later today after I have been up and moving around. I also took a dose of aleve to bring some of the acute inflammation down. So, I should be good for training later today. Going to attempt to get the job done in the gym across the street if I have time today. If not then I will be hitting up a session tonight.

Cardio - Elliptical 35 minutes, 104-108 RPM, Level 15 HR = 135-150 - 512 calories

After that I went and sat in the sauna for 15 minutes before heading out just to relax, and get any residual water off of me. Did a few sets of crunches while in there.

The change in my physique, size, fullness, and roundness is very obvious to me at this point. Shirts that used to be loose in my arms are now getting stuck up over my triceps, and my chest seems to be responding really well. My arms measured at 17 15/16 for left, and 17 7/8 on the right flexed about an hour of my last chest and biceps session. If I remember correctly they were at 17.5 pumped 3 months ago and are more defined now. So I am guessing I have added about half an inch to my arms at this point while being leaner.

Do you all think it would be smart to start posting on Instagram, and tagging the shows I plan to compete in to get my name in the promoters heads since I am a total unknown? Maybe hopefully draw a few people out to cheer for me? I kind of want too, but also would kind of feel stupid because I just don't see myself as anything super special or motivating while at the same time knowing I am in the top .5% of all 50 year old men. Which is kind of weird. Anyway, just wondering if I should be playing the social media game, plus I think tagging the coach and showing my work and progress would be helpful to him.
Glad you posted this today, took the little One in for her routine visit etc. well the little measuring device they use to measure her head they left it on the table so you know i snagged that up so I can see what my guns are sitting at 😂

picture just to show what it is (not the size of my arms )

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad you posted this today, took the little One in for her routine visit etc. well the little measuring device they use to measure her head they left it on the table so you know i snagged that up so I can see what my guns are sitting at 😂
View attachment 239051
picture just to show what it is (not the size of my arms )
Haha, Nice, I have a pretty cool one specifically for taking body measurements. It's pretty cool retractable one, and so easy to use.

They are super cheap on Amazon if that bad boy ever breaks.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I’d say depends on how far you are planning to go, with that maybe you don’t know until after your show.

I don’t really do any social media so my opinion is probably limited. From what I hear on podcasts and all that sounds like it’s the way to go to get your name out there and people to follow. Also sounds like it’s more than a full time job always posting and all they do.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Those “Guns” will probably be closer to 19” by the time you do your show. I think it’s a good idea to post on instagram, and show them what a 50 year old man can do. Tag the shows and get an online following, and let us know the shows that you’re doing and maybe some of us could try to come down and cheer you on. There is no doubt that there’s some politics at the shows, and any little edge you can get will help. 🏆