Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is the super Cardarine that much better? I haven’t opened my bottle from MA yet, ordered it and tore my tri the day b4 it showed. I was allegedly taking Cardarine when I got injured but that or my Mk were bunk or they “identified differently than the label assigned at the lab”. Lol. Suppressed w achy joints and high BP. I’d break a sweat changing channels w the remote.
Not sure if it’s better on lipid front, but it lowered my blood sugar harder than an equivalent dose of regular GW.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh a good bit of it! It was a lot of down a little, up a little, down some more up a little to keep and rebuild muscle mass from muscle memory. This is apparently the first picture I thought was worthy of posting that year at 213.1 lbs in mid-March. So you can add on about 15lbs from this point. It wasn't pretty....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 238663
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, I dropped 2lbs of water between yesterday, and this morning. Looking MUCH TIGHTER again.

It is awesome you mentioned Zane, because I believe it was his body weight and height they used to design the ideal physique for Classic Physique if I remember correctly. He was always a bodybuilder I felt like I could obtain his physique or very similar if i really pushed things. I am pretty sure his waist is probably smaller but otherwise there are a lot of similarities in our build.

12/13/23 - Fasted Weight 201.8lbs - I dropped 2 lbs of water yesterday. Also, my last 2 meals were much easier to eat. Now I am wondering if I wasn't just fighting something off that was causing some gut disturbance, and inflammation or something.
I got some more Super Cardarine, and some Exemestane from @Smont for the weight belt, and it arrived yesterday. I will start taking 5mg a day again when I return to Houston next week to keep lipids in check.
CRAZY man, talk about awesome work. the difference in BF vs the difference in the scale is incredible.
Honestly not sure I've seen anyone accomplish that natty or not. again, I think to show that much improvement in BF the scale would be double the change vs what yours was.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah WTF homie, I went through all the logs that had new posts today and couldn't find yours until @akboom87 pinged it. very unusual for you!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if it’s better on lipid front, but it lowered my blood sugar harder than an equivalent dose of regular GW.
It is definitely effective, but I never got bloods on 10mg of the regular, so can't really compare.
CRAZY man, talk about awesome work. the difference in BF vs the difference in the scale is incredible.
Honestly not sure I've seen anyone accomplish that natty or not. again, I think to show that much improvement in BF the scale would be double the change vs what yours was.
Thanks Dustin, appreciate it!
@MrKleen73 Been a few days since I’ve seen you post, hope all is well brother!
Doing great Brother, I went on my anniversary trip, and don't typically get on the computers or anything to distract us so that is what we did. :)
yeah WTF homie, I went through all the logs that had new posts today and couldn't find yours until @akboom87 pinged it. very unusual for you!
Nah, I am all good, just spent quality time with the wife, like I mentioned above, I don't really got on too much during quality time. My free time with her is pretty much dedicated to her. I do so much of my own thing. She is a homebody.

So, I crossed a big weight threshold this week. As soon as I added in outside food I blew up! Saturday morning after my first meal and about 500ml of water I was 217 at the gym in my undies. Thick wasted but still had my abs. We also bumped test to 700mg @200mg EOD, and mast to 550mg @150EOD for a total of 1250mg this week. I think I may need to bring in a little more exemestane. I will give it a couple days to see how the water shakes off. Coach told me he actually loved to see the massive weight gain. He didn't explain why, but I would imagine it gives him a huge idea of how well I can fill out. He also told me I was a lot bigger than I look in my pictures and asked me again if I was okay to do the open class. I told him he was driving so we can definitely do that. He told me good because we are already about to cross over to where I would need to lose muscle mass to make weight at my height and since I am so much bigger in person he definitely thought I would do very well in the open bodybuilding.

Here I am at an estimated 210-212 from Saturday's check in. This was after 2 days of having basically 2 free meals a day where I attempted to match macros plus went and destroyed some Italian for our anniversary dinner the night before.

I will post up my training sessions tomorrow.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It is definitely effective, but I never got bloods on 10mg of the regular, so can't really compare.
Doing great Brother, I went on my anniversary trip, and don't typically get on the computers or anything to distract us so that is what we did. :)
Nah, I am all good, just spent quality time with the wife, like I mentioned above, I don't really got on too much during quality time. My free time with her is pretty much dedicated to her. I do so much of my own thing. She is a homebody.

So, I crossed a big weight threshold this week. As soon as I added in outside food I blew up! Saturday morning after my first meal and about 500ml of water I was 217 at the gym in my undies. Thick wasted but still had my abs. We also bumped test to 700mg @200mg EOD, and mast to 550mg @150EOD for a total of 1250mg this week. I think I may need to bring in a little more exemestane. I will give it a couple days to see how the water shakes off. Coach told me he actually loved to see the massive weight gain. He didn't explain why, but I would imagine it gives him a huge idea of how well I can fill out. He also told me I was a lot bigger than I look in my pictures and asked me again if I was okay to do the open class. I told him he was driving so we can definitely do that. He told me good because we are already about to cross over to where I would need to lose muscle mass to make weight at my height and since I am so much bigger in person he definitely thought I would do very well in the open bodybuilding.

Here I am at an estimated 210-212 from Saturday's check in. This was after 2 days of having basically 2 free meals a day where I attempted to match macros plus went and destroyed some Italian for our anniversary dinner the night before.

View attachment 238786View attachment 238787
View attachment 238788View attachment 238789

Wow man what a change so quick! Looking massive!

Sounds like a good time with your wife and I’m sure well deserved and much needed!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So was your coach close to where your anniversary trip was, or how did that come about?

Definitely looking bigger from the trip! Nice job. I definitely think you should always go open if you can be competitive.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

View attachment 238786View attachment 238787
View attachment 238788View attachment 238789

Looking huge my man……glad you were able to get in quality time with the little lady, and I hope you two had an awesome anniversary.
You are definitely filling out really good, and your legs and arms look huge. I bet your coach is very pleased with your progress, and how well you’re responding to the increase in calories and gear. 💪

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow man what a change so quick! Looking massive!

Sounds like a good time with your wife and I’m sure well deserved and much needed!
Yes, indeed, we needed that time off and away from everyone. It was awesome!
So was your coach close to where your anniversary trip was, or how did that come about?

Definitely looking bigger from the trip! Nice job. I definitely think you should always go open if you can be competitive.
No, he lives in Austin, and arranged for it to be in Austin which is about 2 hours from San Antonio. So we extended our plans by one night and stayed over in Austin Sunday night so we could attend.

I was actually surprised how massive some of his clients were. I was obviously the only one who didn't get the wear your tightest shirt memo. LMAO. Coach is a brick sh!thouse! You can't tell because he was in the back but he is as big if not bigger than the guy in the front on the left. He is just under 6 foot and weighing in at 297 with abs. Freakish!

Looking huge my man……glad you were able to get in quality time with the little lady, and I hope you two had an awesome anniversary.
You are definitely filling out really good, and your legs and arms look huge. I bet your coach is very pleased with your progress, and how well you’re responding to the increase in calories and gear. 💪
I was half expecting a "What the hell did you do to your conditioning?" kind of response but got quite the opposite. He said this is totally normal for someone who has been eating as clean as you have for the last few months. Then he said he really loves to see this type of blow up. I guess it tells him some good thing about how my body refills. I am really curious how much of this weight I am going to keep, and what will come off over the course of the week.

Here are some of my sessions from last week, not going to go into tons of detail on them, but they were good sessions.

Shoulders & Triceps Thursday, Dec 14, 2023 at 7:49am

Shoulder Press (Machine Plates)
Set 1: 180 lbs x 17 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 2: 165 lbs x 13 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Standing Lateral Raise
Set 1: 40 lbs x 20 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 40 lbs x 15 @ 8 rpe
Set 3: 60 lbs x 10 @ 8 rpe
Set 4: 30 lbs x 19 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Incline DB Rear Delt Flyes
"Last set 17+3 partials"
Set 1: 25 lbs x 20 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 25 lbs x 20 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 25 lbs x 17 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Upright Row (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 45 lbs x 10 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 35 lbs x 15 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 35 lbs x 15 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 4: 35 lbs x 15 @ 10 rpe

Cross Cable Tricep Extension
Set 1: 50 lbs x 15 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 50 lbs x 13 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
Set 3: 50 lbs x 12 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

PowerTec Dip Attachment
Set 1: 180 lbs x 20 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 180 lbs x 20 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

==============================================================================

Back & Hamstrings - Friday, Dec 15, 2023 at 10:20am - Lower back was grumpy so opted out of Rack pulls. Had been taking Aleve for a couple days and didn't want to push it.

Back Extensions
3x15-20 reps @ RPE 9

Erector Extensions
3x15-20 reps @ RPE 9

Seated Leg Curl (Machine)
Set 1: 55 lbs x 20 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 70 lbs x 15 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 85 lbs x 10 @ 9 rpe
Set 4: 60 lbs x 16 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Iso-Lateral Front Pull Down machine
3x10-15 reps @ rpe9

Seated Row (Machine)
Set 1: 70 lbs x 10 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 70 lbs x 10 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 70 lbs x 10 @ 9.5 rpe

Iso-Lateral Row (Machine)
Set 1: 35 lbs x 15 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 35 lbs x 15 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 35 lbs x 15 @ 10 rpe

I had to maneuver a few things and choose some different machines. Still got in a stellar session!!!

============================================================================

Arms - Sunday, Dec 17, 2023 at 7:37am

SA Triceps Rope Extension
Set 1: 27.5 lbs x 20 @ 10 rpe
Set 2: 27.5 lbs x 15 @ 10 rpe
Set 3: 27.5 lbs x 10 @ 10 rpe
Set 4: 16.5 lbs x 18 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Triceps Kickback (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 10 lbs x 20 @ 9 rpe
Set 2: 10 lbs x 20 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 10 lbs x 20 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

EZ Bar Skullcrusher
Set 1: 70 lbs x 15 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 70 lbs x 11 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
Set 3: 70 lbs x 6 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Diamond Push Up
Set 1: 12 reps
Set 2: 7 reps
Set 3: 6 reps

Single Arm Preacher Curl
Set 1: 25 lbs x 10 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 25 lbs x 10 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 25 lbs x 10 @ 10 rpe

EZ Bar Biceps Curl
Set 1: 55 lbs x 12 @ 10 rpe
Set 2: 40 lbs x 12 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 40 lbs x 11 @ 10 rpe

Huge Arm Pump!!!

Chest & Biceps - Monday, Dec 18, 2023 at 4:06pm

Incline Chest Press (Machine)
Set 1: 115 lbs x 10 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 2: 115 lbs x 4 @ 10 rpe
Set 3: 115 lbs x 2 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Set 4: 115 lbs x 6 @ 9.5 rpe [Drop]
Set 5: 115 lbs x 1 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
Set 6: 115 lbs x 1 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Iso-Lateral Chest Press (Machine)
Set 1: 115 lbs x 10 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 2: 110 lbs x 6 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
Set 3: 95 lbs x 10 @ 10 rpe Drop sets follow
Set 4: 75 lbs x 5 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
Set 5: 55 lbs x 7 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Bench Press (Cable)
Set 1: 100 lbs x 11 @ 10 rpe
Set 2: 60 lbs x 15 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 60 lbs x 12 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Chest Fly (Machine) - Different machine
Set 1: 100 lbs x 21 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 2: 100 lbs x 21 @ 10 rpe
Set 3: 100 lbs x 18 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Spider Curl (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 30 lbs x 15 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 2: 25 lbs x 13 @ 10 rpe
Set 3: 20 lbs x 13 @ 10 rpe

Bicep Curl (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 20 lbs x 13 @ 10 rpe
Set 2: 15 lbs x 15 @ 10 rpe
Set 3: 15 lbs x 14 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

All of my sessions have been very productive, increases in weight and or volume on everything recently.

12/19/23 - Fasted Weight 218.4lbs - WHOAH!!! Talk about packing it on! Surprised how well put together I am at 218.4 lbs. Very curious how far things go back down this week once I am back on my usual diet for the rest of the week.

I will finish updating my leg workout once completed at lunch. My lower back was getting a bit tight after my other leg work, so I decided to hold off and do my Romanian DL's during my lunch hour after I finish my cardio. The being full and stuffed to the gills backfired on me this morning. I was one set into my calves when I realized i had about 10 seconds to hobble my ass to the restroom before I puked all over the floor. I puked pretty aggressively, assume I lost everything I put in my stomach this morning. Once I was done, I cleaned myself back up and went out to finish my calves and lying leg curls.

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Doing great Brother, I went on my anniversary trip, and don't typically get on the computers or anything to distract us so that is what we did
ah right on! for some reason I remembered you doing like NO last year but I had it in my head around Jan-Feb or something. IDK why.

word! plus mobile on a forum is a bit of a pita. I'll do it but I truly don't prefer it. even with tapatalk

I was 217 at the gym in my undies.
Looking crazy good with the blow up man, still can't believe how lean you are staying!

I puked pretty aggressively, assume I lost everything I put in my stomach this morning. Once I was done, I cleaned myself back up and went out to finish my calves and lying leg curls.
😅😅😅 hopefully it's not a bug! been a while but we've all been there!! remember Pukey the Clown?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ah right on! for some reason I remembered you doing like NO last year but I had it in my head around Jan-Feb or something. IDK why.

word! plus mobile on a forum is a bit of a pita. I'll do it but I truly don't prefer it. even with tapatalk

Looking crazy good with the blow up man, still can't believe how lean you are staying!

😅😅😅 hopefully it's not a bug! been a while but we've all been there!! remember Pukey the Clown?

View attachment 238804
I am definitely a little more bloated than those last pics, I believe I was around 210-212 in those but it may have been heavier. I still have my abs, but I do have to flex them harder to see them well. I imagine I will drop 5-10lbs throughout the rest of the week. Tightening back up, but we shall see how it all shakes out. Either way 218.4 while still showing some abs is a win in my book.

I don't remember pukey the clown, but I feel we are possibly kindred spirits or at least were this morning. I honestly don't think it was any kind of gut sickness so much as just being full, and backed up a bit. Add that to getting my heartrate into the stratosphere while working legs and it was just the perfect storm to have me hurling. It will take a couple days for that results of that meatfest to drop back off and digestion to be back at 100%. So, I am not sweating it but definitely hope I do clean back up relatively well. Not used to a true bulk, so I honestly don't know what to expect here at all.

玫瑰 R©

玫瑰 R©

Awards
Good to see you still going, Chris (know has been a hot minute since been here-or posted), and seeing sessions makes me feel like I am doing nothing LOL- but, as always, I have faith in you and know you can do this!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Way to puke & rally!
Thanks! I was actually grateful to be able to let it loose. I felt better almost immediately after I got it all out. I am also holding a lot of water. I noticed when I went to the restroom my socks are pressing in on my ankles leaving a mark. I knew I was bloated but that is surprising how much water is on me. LOL
Good to see you still going, Chris (know has been a hot minute since been here-or posted), and seeing sessions makes me feel like I am doing nothing LOL- but, as always, I have faith in you and know you can do this!
Thanks, by the way who is this? I can't make anything out of the screen name and it looks like a new account. Either way happy to have you in here!

That is the good part about being on here, you see others working hard, and it makes you evaluate what you are doing and if you could be doing it better. I have had to use to others motivation to help get me motivated several times. Luckily the old crew we have hear really supports and pushes one another.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Impressive stuff man! Just getting more and more excited for you as time passes.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's pretty awesome being able to meet up in person with your coach and the rest of his crew. Definitely some big MOFOs in that picture.

Honestly, the crazy thing when you meet some of these athletes in person is just how big they are. When I was training out in Vegas, there was this giant Asian dude working out. His muscle density / thickness is what struck me. Turns out he was IFBB pro Nick Koeu, Men's Physique. He was massive! So can you imagine stepping on stage next to one of these guys when I'm like half their size? I'd look like a twig. Yeah, he's Olympia level, but still... makes me rethink ever stepping on stage.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Impressive stuff man! Just getting more and more excited for you as time passes.
Thanks Brother!
That's pretty awesome being able to meet up in person with your coach and the rest of his crew. Definitely some big MOFOs in that picture.

Honestly, the crazy thing when you meet some of these athletes in person is just how big they are. When I was training out in Vegas, there was this giant Asian dude working out. His muscle density / thickness is what struck me. Turns out he was IFBB pro Nick Koeu, Men's Physique. He was massive! So can you imagine stepping on stage next to one of these guys when I'm like half their size? I'd look like a twig. Yeah, he's Olympia level, but still... makes me rethink ever stepping on stage.
Yeah, these guys were massive, not all of them but many. A couple had just come off of a show and were both huge and ripped!
WooHoo!!!

===========================================================================

12/19/23 - Fasted Weight 218.4lbs

Legs - Tuesday, Dec 19, 2023 at 4:42am

Pendulum Squat (Machine)
Set 1: 125 lbs x 7 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
Set 2: 110 lbs x 11 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Leg Press (Machine)
Set 1: 470 lbs x 12 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 490 lbs x 12 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 3: 490 lbs x 12 @ 10 rpe
- Up 20lbs

Walking Lunge (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 40x8
Set 2: 40x8 -
Was a little wobbly on last 2 reps will repeat weight.

Romanian Deadlift (Barbell) - 25 plates only for extra ROM
Set 1: 195 lbs x 15 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 195 lbs x 15 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 195 lbs x 13 @ 10 rpe -
I did these slower to make the lighter weight harder just to be careful with lower back, worked out well.

Lying Leg Curl (Machine)
Set 1: 45 lbs x 20 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 60 lbs x 15 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 3: 75 lbs x 10 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 4: 45 lbs x 17 @ 10 rpe [Failure] -
Up 5lbs on all sets

Standing Calf Raise
Set 1: 30 reps
Set 2: 30 reps
Set 3: 30 reps -
Holy Burning Calves BatMan!

Elliptical - 25 minutes level 15

==========================================================================

12/20/23 - Fasted Weight 211.2 -
I am down 7.2 lbs from yesterday. Far less bloated today, waist is smaller, and abs are more prominent, but I think I will still drop a few more lbs by this weekend.

Today is a rest day, probably just going to relax and enjoy it. We have the new hire that started this week so we are doing a BBQ luncheon. I ordered myself 8oz smoked turkey breast to stay on top of my macros. Will just take my rice in there with me to eat.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks Brother!
Yeah, these guys were massive, not all of them but many. A couple had just come off of a show and were both huge and ripped!

WooHoo!!!

===========================================================================

12/19/23 - Fasted Weight 218.4lbs

Legs - Tuesday, Dec 19, 2023 at 4:42am

Pendulum Squat (Machine)
Set 1: 125 lbs x 7 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
Set 2: 110 lbs x 11 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Leg Press (Machine)
Set 1: 470 lbs x 12 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 490 lbs x 12 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 3: 490 lbs x 12 @ 10 rpe
- Up 20lbs

Walking Lunge (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 40x8
Set 2: 40x8 -
Was a little wobbly on last 2 reps will repeat weight.

Romanian Deadlift (Barbell) - 25 plates only for extra ROM
Set 1: 195 lbs x 15 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 195 lbs x 15 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 195 lbs x 13 @ 10 rpe -
I did these slower to make the lighter weight harder just to be careful with lower back, worked out well.

Lying Leg Curl (Machine)
Set 1: 45 lbs x 20 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 60 lbs x 15 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 3: 75 lbs x 10 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 4: 45 lbs x 17 @ 10 rpe [Failure] -
Up 5lbs on all sets

Standing Calf Raise
Set 1: 30 reps
Set 2: 30 reps
Set 3: 30 reps -
Holy Burning Calves BatMan!

Elliptical - 25 minutes level 15

==========================================================================

12/20/23 - Fasted Weight 211.2 -
I am down 7.2 lbs from yesterday. Far less bloated today, waist is smaller, and abs are more prominent, but I think I will still drop a few more lbs by this weekend.

Today is a rest day, probably just going to relax and enjoy it. We have the new hire that started this week so we are doing a BBQ luncheon. I ordered myself 8oz smoked turkey breast to stay on top of my macros. Will just take my rice in there with me to eat.
That’s a good leg day with a lot of volume….you keep growing those quads, we’ll have to call you Anabolic Minds’ “Quadzilla”.

玫瑰 R©

玫瑰 R©

Awards
Thanks! I was actually grateful to be able to let it loose. I felt better almost immediately after I got it all out. I am also holding a lot of water. I noticed when I went to the restroom my socks are pressing in on my ankles leaving a mark. I knew I was bloated but that is surprising how much water is on me. LOL

Thanks, by the way who is this? I can't make anything out of the screen name and it looks like a new account. Either way happy to have you in here!

That is the good part about being on here, you see others working hard, and it makes you evaluate what you are doing and if you could be doing it better. I have had to use to others motivation to help get me motivated several times. Luckily the old crew we have hear really supports and pushes one another.
This is Rosie - new account yes, and username is a version of my name in Ancient Chinese Calligraphy (not to mention the NZ per profile pic should be giveaway that it is the Kiwi LOL).

I know-I have not done a lot since 2017, as noted. Matt was there for my first resistance session back in March (when went to see him and went to the Arnold), and started back again this April, so with all the health stuff, has been a bit on and off, but slow and steady, and definitely changing things up, since been so long and also since body is not the same or responds anything like it used to to anything.

I have been lucky enough to meet a lot of the "old crew" you speak of and stay in touch with several of them, the older ones (from back in "our heyday" moreso, and surprisingly, some of those have become the best/better peeps in my life).

Here is to all we aspire to inspire to and everything we inspire in aspiring others to also. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday, Chris. I am actually going to do do a Legs session today (yes, I know-have not done Legs since 2011 really., and certainly not the way been focusing the past several months, but we all need to change things up, and it has not been the best, but the mass is slowly coming back-with the fat LOL, but as noted to best friend's hubby one day, cannot make gains without some fat and staying lean lean).

Going to stop rambling and let you get back to your day. Boys, gentlemen, any ladies... Cheers and here's to making it a great day!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome to see you back on here! Getting back into it is a hard thing to do. Sounds like you are well on your way, and have the right mindset to get things done! It is definitely a new learning experience coming back after a layoff. Practicing humility, and continuing to do the work is the trick. Sounds like you already have that figured out, so you are in a good spot for progress!

玫瑰 R©

玫瑰 R©

Awards
Awesome to see you back on here! Getting back into it is a hard thing to do. Sounds like you are well on your way, and have the right mindset to get things done! It is definitely a new learning experience coming back after a layoff. Practicing humility, and continuing to do the work is the trick. Sounds like you already have that figured out, so you are in a good spot for progress!
A LOT has changed, and I with it. HAVE to be back at it, because of everything. BUT, have "lived like a normal person" and know that any lack of results or progress ARE just excuses on ANY part, and I know and accept where it was me that was not the best. Too much to go into here, but yes, making sure that walk the line, or not sometimes, since going hard all the time is not best interest or safe or ok anymore, so long as pushing body and it is working it, as you know, is what matters, and I have always done everything different and INDIVIDUAL to me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/20/23 Cardio 25 minutes + cooldown 368 calories, average HR = 135-140

12/21/23 - Fasted Weight 209.X -
I can't remember the decimal but it was between .2 and .5 down another 1.5-2lbs.

Shoulders & Triceps - Thursday, Dec 21, 2023 at 4:32am

Set 1: 180 lbs x 15 @ 9 rpe - Up 15 lbs
Set 2: 195 lbs x 14 @ 10 rpe [Failure] - Up 30 lbs -
I just keep progressing too fast here to get the right weight... Goal is failure at 10 reps on the first set, I cut it just shy of failure so I could at least push heavier on the second set which was a 15 rep target.

Standing Lateral Raise
Set 2: 40 lbs x 15 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 3: 60 lbs x 10 @ 9 rpe
Set 4: 30 lbs x 20 @ 8.5 rpe [Failure]
+4 reps

Set 3: 25 lbs x 20 @ 10 rpe -
up 5 lbs

Upright Row (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 50 lbs x 10 @ 8.5 rpe -
Up 5 lbs
Set 2: 35 lbs x 15 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 3: 35 lbs x 15 @ 9 rpe
+3 reps

Set 1: 50 lbs x 15 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 50 lbs x 15 @ 9.5 rpe
- up 10 lbs
Set 3: 40 lbs x 12 @ 10 rpe [Failure] Increased by 1 rep

PowerTec Dip Attachment
Set 1: 180 lbs x 20 @ 7.5 rpe
+ 3 reps - Finally got the 20 on the second set!

Today I pushed breakfast harder, put the sweet potato back in before the workout so it would hopefully be easier to eat the rest of the day. I just weighed the precooked sweet potato and dropped it in the blender with my smoothie. It did not taste as good, but I was able to get it all down and make things work. I was burping a lot, not completely comfortable but got a hell of a session in regardless. Improvements everywhere, and my shoulder presses are definitely jumping up quickly now.

Physique is improving daily from dropping the bloat, getting some of my lines back but still very full, and looking large. I would guess things will come down to around 205-206 once the dust settles. At least that would go along with the planned progress on weight. We shall see.

Alright, heading to make meal #2 and try to get it all down. Hopefully today is better in that regard, I was having a hard time getting food down yesterday and had to go with some extra protein shakes, and some carb powders to hit my macros. I have a feeling if we go up much more I will probably start blending some of my meals to help get them down and make digestion easier. It is hard to believe how much food volume 3925 calories is when only eating what are considered "clean" foods.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Today I pushed breakfast harder, put the sweet potato back in before the workout so it would hopefully be easier to eat the rest of the day. I just weighed the precooked sweet potato and dropped it in the blender with my smoothie.
back in the day when we were doing hardcore paleo I found some pretty crazy ways to utilize sweet potatoes. I got to where I was even substituting flour with sweet potato on baked good. sweet potato cupcakes with ghee etc....

It is hard to believe how much food volume 3925 calories is when only eating what are considered "clean" foods.
😅😅😅😅 I don't find it hard to believe at all, that's a monster pile of food! your daily intake is literally 3 days worth of food for my wife and 1.5 to 2x for me 😅

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
back in the day when we were doing hardcore paleo I found some pretty crazy ways to utilize sweet potatoes. I got to where I was even substituting flour with sweet potato on baked good. sweet potato cupcakes with ghee etc....

😅😅😅😅 I don't find it hard to believe at all, that's a monster pile of food! your daily intake is literally 3 days worth of food for my wife and 1.5 to 2x for me 😅
Oh yeah, lots of ways to put them to use. I feel like I am eating 2x for you... LMAO I used to think I ate a lot. Now I know I occasionally ate a lot but never consistently.

PS... my hamstrings are sore! I just noticed a little bit ago when i bent over and they were like OWWWWWW!!!!! Quads a little sore but hamstrings are toasty!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
12/20/23 Cardio 25 minutes + cooldown 368 calories, average HR = 135-140

12/21/23 - Fasted Weight 209.X -
I can't remember the decimal but it was between .2 and .5 down another 1.5-2lbs.

Shoulders & Triceps - Thursday, Dec 21, 2023 at 4:32am

Set 1: 180 lbs x 15 @ 9 rpe - Up 15 lbs
Set 2: 195 lbs x 14 @ 10 rpe [Failure] - Up 30 lbs -
I just keep progressing too fast here to get the right weight... Goal is failure at 10 reps on the first set, I cut it just shy of failure so I could at least push heavier on the second set which was a 15 rep target.

Standing Lateral Raise
Set 2: 40 lbs x 15 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 3: 60 lbs x 10 @ 9 rpe
Set 4: 30 lbs x 20 @ 8.5 rpe [Failure]
+4 reps

Set 3: 25 lbs x 20 @ 10 rpe -
up 5 lbs

Upright Row (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 50 lbs x 10 @ 8.5 rpe -
Up 5 lbs
Set 2: 35 lbs x 15 @ 8.5 rpe
+3 reps

Set 1: 50 lbs x 15 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 50 lbs x 15 @ 9.5 rpe
- up 10 lbs
Set 3: 40 lbs x 12 @ 10 rpe [Failure] Increased by 1 rep

PowerTec Dip Attachment
Set 1: 180 lbs x 20 @ 7.5 rpe
+ 3 reps - Finally got the 20 on the second set!

Today I pushed breakfast harder, put the sweet potato back in before the workout so it would hopefully be easier to eat the rest of the day. I just weighed the precooked sweet potato and dropped it in the blender with my smoothie. It did not taste as good, but I was able to get it all down and make things work. I was burping a lot, not completely comfortable but got a hell of a session in regardless. Improvements everywhere, and my shoulder presses are definitely jumping up quickly now.

Physique is improving daily from dropping the bloat, getting some of my lines back but still very full, and looking large. I would guess things will come down to around 205-206 once the dust settles. At least that would go along with the planned progress on weight. We shall see.

Alright, heading to make meal #2 and try to get it all down. Hopefully today is better in that regard, I was having a hard time getting food down yesterday and had to go with some extra protein shakes, and some carb powders to hit my macros. I have a feeling if we go up much more I will probably start blending some of my meals to help get them down and make digestion easier. It is hard to believe how much food volume 3925 calories is when only eating what are considered "clean" foods.
Another good workout….looks like you’re gaining momentum with those increased calories. Yeah, 4000 clean calories is no joke…sometimes we see guys post that they are eating 3500-4000 clean calories, but when they start posting what they’re eating, a lot of times it’s like no way. There probably will be a lot of days with extra protein shakes with whole milk to help meet your goals, and that Karbolyn is some good stuff to add carbs around your workouts.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
eah, 4000 clean calories is no joke…sometimes we see guys post that they are eating 3500-4000 clean calories, but when they start posting what they’re eating, a lot of times it’s like no way. There probably will be a lot of days with extra protein shakes with whole milk to help meet your goals, and that Karbolyn is some good stuff to add carbs around your workouts.
at least when you throw down a full costco rotisserie chicken you get all that fatty deliciousness but when it's straight up clean eating, man that's a lot.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
More yoked every day. I like where this is headed!
You and me both. My wife mentioned to me earlier that we were going to need to get me a new button up and have it tailored to fit just before we leave to my nephews wedding in June because the way things are going I was going to be huge by the. :)
Another good workout….looks like you’re gaining momentum with those increased calories. Yeah, 4000 clean calories is no joke…sometimes we see guys post that they are eating 3500-4000 clean calories, but when they start posting what they’re eating, a lot of times it’s like no way. There probably will be a lot of days with extra protein shakes with whole milk to help meet your goals, and that Karbolyn is some good stuff to add carbs around your workouts.
Yep, I imagine my next increase will bring the need about more often. He did say we were going to take things a little slower to keep my shape so he might just let me grow into being leaner before he bumps me again. I have no idea.

Definitely been noticing the increases since the last bump in calories and gear. At 1250mg a week this is the highest I have ever been by 450 mgs a week. So I expect things to hit some new highs being that much over my highest dose ever.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
at least when you throw down a full costco rotisserie chicken you get all that fatty deliciousness but when it's straight up clean eating, man that's a lot.
Yes Sir, I now know why all these guys that were lean with abs had somewhat protruding guts a lot of the time. It was all the clean food they were shoving in their faces. It takes up a lot of space. Before the last couple of years I was a bit carb-phobic and ate lots of fat. So high food volume was never an issue but this high carb approach is a whole other game.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Whoah long time no see! Welcome back!!!
I know right!
Yeah, that's a rough cycle. I have done the same before. The get fewer, and farther between as I get older. The comeback gets harder...
Yeah, I don't think I have posted any nudes in a couple of weeks. I figured I would wait until some more obvious changes. Dropping weekly pics with out tons of change just seemed like a waste of everyone's time. I am happy to post them up more regularly if people really want to see the weekly differences. I asked a little while back and noone responded so I decided to wait a bit.

These were the last pictures I took about 2 weeks ago 11/26/23. I think recent changes are relatively minor, still about the same bodyfat. Maybe a little lower, and muscles sare fuller, and vascuular due to the massive increase in carbs and calories. I have already transitioned to massing. Calories are up by a little over 1200 calories in the last 2 weeks. Putting me at what is, or was my maintenance right around 2735 calories to 3900 a day. Fasted weight has gone from 196.2 to 199.2 this morning.

===============================================================================

I ended up opting to move yesterday's cardio to Saturday this week. My legs were beat up yesterday, and my work schedule made me choose between cardio and missing a meal. So I put cardio off and then had to prep some more food last night for the rest of the week. I will workout with my weights in the morning when I wake up, and then go back later in the day to get my cardio in.

===============================================================================

12/7/23 - Fasted Weight 199.1 - I am still surprised to be under 200 at this point but I am not complaining. Have been waking up more vascular and less flat since the recent calorie increase. Starting to get a bit more used to the volume of food but still presents a challenge with it being pretty clean, and high volume foods.

Shoulders & Triceps - Thursday, Dec 07, 2023 at 4:35am

Set 1: 165 lbs x 13 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
Set 2: 150 lbs x 12 @ 10 rpe [Failure] - Go up, target was 10 to failure on first set.

Standing Lateral Raise
Set 1: 40 lbs x 20 @ 8 rpe -
+10lbs
Set 2: 40 lbs x 15 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 60 lbs x 10 @ 10 rpe -
+10lbs
Set 4: 30 lbs x 16 @ 10 rpe [Failure] - Target reps = 20 I will stay with this configuration until I get all reps.

Set 1: 20 lbs x 20 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 20 lbs x 20 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 20 lbs x 20 @ 9.5 rpe -
These went better today, had form locked in. I will go to 25lbs next week.

Upright Row (Dumbbell) - Replaced Barbell Upright Row to keep my elbow from getting inflamed. It definitely helped!
"10, 15,15,15"
Set 1: 45 lbs x 10 @ 8 rpe Upright Row - Go up
Set 2: 35 lbs x 15 @ 8 rpe
Set 4: 35 lbs x 14 @ 10 rpe [Failure] -
I failed here but will go up 5lbs on the first set on the next session and

Set 1: 50 lbs x 15 @ 9.5 rpe -
+10bs
Set 2: 40 lbs x 15 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 40 lbs x 11 @ 10 rpe [Failure] -
Will stay here until I get all reps.

Drove Home for Dip Attachment.

PowerTec Dip Attachment
Set 1: 180 lbs x 20 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 180 lbs x 17 @ 10 rpe [Failure] -
I am stuck here at 17 reps but increased on Triceps extensions the last 2 weeks so I am not upset with it.

This was a great session! I will say that I think I may opt to have my oats after my workout after this week if it doesn't get better. I can feel the oats swelling in my stomach while training and it was taking a little out of me in my opinion. If not daily, at least for legs. It is just to close to the session for something that heavy that swells in your gut making you uncomfortable burping, and feeling like my stomach is working harder digesting than anything. Of course, I will mention this to coach next check in to see what he suggests.
How often are you hitting the same muscle?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Before the last couple of years I was a bit carb-phobic and ate lots of fat. So high food volume was never an issue but this high carb approach is a whole other game.
what's your favorite carb right now? I think mine is still jasmine rice with some good hot sauce on it but I'll tell you I had a tough time keeping to my macros the other day when my wife made spaghetti with her homemade sauce. I'm definitely a carb junkie, love spaghetti, good bread, rice, etc. ironically not a sugar fan though 😅

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How often are you hitting the same muscle?
There is some overlap and indirect work spread throughout. Easier to show

Monday - Direct - Chest & Biceps - Secondary movers shoulders and triceps
Tuesday - Direct - Quads, Hamstrings, calves - Secondary mover glutes, back
Thursday Direct - Shoulders & Triceps - Secondary movers traps, and chest
Friday - Direct - Hamstrings & Back - Secondary movers - traps, glutes, biceps
Saturday - Direct - Triceps & Biceps - Secondary movers chest, front and rear delts

Okay so that is how it is laid out which comes down to
Chest = 1 time directly 2 times as secondary mover
Biceps = 2 times directly and 1 as secondary mover
Quads = once directly
Hamstrings = twice directly
Glutes = twice as secondary movers
Triceps = twice directly and one as secondary mover
Back = once directly and once as secondary mover
Calves = once directly

Man that was a lot of work. LOL

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There is some overlap and indirect work spread throughout. Easier to show

Monday - Direct - Chest & Biceps - Secondary movers shoulders and triceps
Tuesday - Direct - Quads, Hamstrings, calves - Secondary mover glutes, back
Thursday Direct - Shoulders & Triceps - Secondary movers traps, and chest
Friday - Direct - Hamstrings & Back - Secondary movers - traps, glutes, biceps
Saturday - Direct - Triceps & Biceps - Secondary movers chest, front and rear delts

Okay so that is how it is laid out which comes down to
Chest = 1 time directly 2 times as secondary mover
Biceps = 2 times directly and 1 as secondary mover
Quads = once directly
Hamstrings = twice directly
Glutes = twice as secondary movers
Triceps = twice directly and one as secondary mover
Back = once directly and once as secondary mover
Calves = once directly

Man that was a lot of work. LOL
Gotcha. Thanks for taking the time to lay it out. So indirect mover would be like close grip bench for chest? Or quads during DL? How many times are you hitting Lateral delts and traps?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
what's your favorite carb right now? I think mine is still jasmine rice with some good hot sauce on it but I'll tell you I had a tough time keeping to my macros the other day when my wife made spaghetti with her homemade sauce. I'm definitely a carb junkie, love spaghetti, good bread, rice, etc. ironically not a sugar fan though 😅
I would say my jasmine rice, easy to get down, takes on any flavor of seasoning I throw at it and digests easily. Honey would probably be my second. Just because it is a super easy way to fill in some carbs and get them down in a pinch, plus it obviously tastes good.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gotcha. Thanks for taking the time to lay it out. So indirect mover would be like close grip bench for chest? Or quads during DL? How many times are you hitting Lateral delts and traps?
Surprisingly only one time directly on the medial delts, and then only twice indirectly with the traps. However the medial delts get a lot of attention on shoulder day. The traps are just from the uprights, rack pulls and RDLs so actually that makes 3 times indirectly worked not two.

My indirect chest work comes from Dips, and Diamond Pushups, yeah quads on a DL would count as a secondary mover for sure. Same a biceps on back day or triceps on chest day. There is actually a chart somewhere that kind of summarizes how many indirect sets should count as full volume sets in your per week set count but it is really getting into the weeds at that point. A simple way to look at it is if things are recovering add a little volume (weight/reps/or sets) and assess. If things are not recovering remove a little volume via the direct work since it is the easiest to control and track volume and progress on.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would say my jasmine rice, easy to get down, takes on any flavor of seasoning I throw at it and digests easily. Honey would probably be my second. Just because it is a super easy way to fill in some carbs and get them down in a pinch, plus it obviously tastes good.
Isn't honey half fructose though? I would've thought 100g of carbs coming from that (in addition to fruits and whatever else) would be a bad idea?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Isn't honey half fructose though? I would've thought 100g of carbs coming from that (in addition to fruits and whatever else) would be a bad idea?
Not for someone who exercises a lot and burns through carbs the way I am right now. Fatty liver doesn't really happen that often to those who exercise regularly and have good blood sugar control. However for your average sedentary human you are probably asking for trouble. I currently have 84g of honey between my first and 2nd meal while also having 150g of banana, 150g pineapple then 100g of blueberries in those meals every single day, and am not worried in the slightest about getting fatty liver from this diet. Sorry if I was wrong, but I assume fatty liver was the concern you had with the fructose.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You and me both. My wife mentioned to me earlier that we were going to need to get me a new button up and have it tailored to fit just before we leave to my nephews wedding in June because the way things are going I was going to be huge by the. :)
Yep, I imagine my next increase will bring the need about more often. He did say we were going to take things a little slower to keep my shape so he might just let me grow into being leaner before he bumps me again. I have no idea.

Definitely been noticing the increases since the last bump in calories and gear. At 1250mg a week this is the highest I have ever been by 450 mgs a week. So I expect things to hit some new highs being that much over my highest dose ever.
Lifting and wardrobe is maybe the worst thing ever. The degree of fluctuation never ceases to amaze. And it ain’t cheap!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lifting and wardrobe is maybe the worst thing ever. The degree of fluctuation never ceases to amaze. And it ain’t cheap!
I had to move up to 34/32 on my Levis 541 Athletic Fit jeans this last weekend. My legs outgrew the 33 inch jeans but now my waist is swimming in the 34 inch waistband. Like it doesn't even touch my skin in some places it is so loose. Luckily my big glutes and thighs hold my pants up for me. I thought about getting the waist taken in but honestly I don't have any idea how big my waist might get during this bulk. I know he won't let it get out of control but I also don't know what he considers out of control. I assume the goal is to have some semblance of abs the whole time.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I had to move up to 34/32 on my Levis 541 Athletic Fit jeans this last weekend. My legs outgrew the 33 inch jeans but now my waist is swimming in the 34 inch waistband
Yup, I was able to wear all my fitted shirts until about 194lbs then they started getting uncomfortable. at 200lbs+ I think I threw away like 6 shirts (donated). probably $50-100ea once you figure in tailoring. (although my shirts last YEARS as I take very good care of them)

new slacks last month went up to a 34" waist to get the legs to fit and this morning I was laughing cause the latch at the button keeps coming undone under my belt. LOTS of waist room, but need the space in the ass and thighs.

funny thing is I saw a picture of me at our company christmas party last week in an ugly sweater. Looked like a "don't skip legs day" meme in my designer jeans. I squatted the next day 😅😅

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yup, I was able to wear all my fitted shirts until about 194lbs then they started getting uncomfortable. at 200lbs+ I think I threw away like 6 shirts (donated). probably $50-100ea once you figure in tailoring. (although my shirts last YEARS as I take very good care of them)

new slacks last month went up to a 34" waist to get the legs to fit and this morning I was laughing cause the latch at the button keeps coming undone under my belt. LOTS of waist room, but need the space in the ass and thighs.

funny thing is I saw a picture of me at our company christmas party last week in an ugly sweater. Looked like a "don't skip legs day" meme in my designer jeans. I squatted the next day 😅😅
To be fair, even in the 33 inch pants my legs although tight and stretching the fabric a bit do not look big or at least anything like they do outside of jeans. One thing that make me look bigger is my tiny joints. My elbows, knees and hips are all small compared to how much muscle I have so the muscles look even bigger than they are. Like my knees are only 14 inches around, my elbows something like 12, and my wrists are right at 7 inches. Which helps a lot with the illusion of huge legs, but doesn't transfer when the knees are covered. Not saying they don't look somewhat impressive in jeans, just they don't look nearly as impressive as when you can see my whole leg and the muscle looks like it is ballooning up and out from my knees.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4k calories without vegetable seed oils or added sugars is a LOT of food to manage consistently.

It just comes down to volume, and having to do it routinely day after day is very different from one day. The body will lose appetite quickly and it’s just made work very quickly.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had to move up to 34/32 on my Levis 541 Athletic Fit jeans this last weekend. My legs outgrew the 33 inch jeans but now my waist is swimming in the 34 inch waistband. Like it doesn't even touch my skin in some places it is so loose. Luckily my big glutes and thighs hold my pants up for me. I thought about getting the waist taken in but honestly I don't have any idea how big my waist might get during this bulk. I know he won't let it get out of control but I also don't know what he considers out of control. I assume the goal is to have some semblance of abs the whole time.
I was super excited to come down from 36x34 down to 34x34. Don’t want to do that to often it’s expensive re supplying!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4k calories without vegetable seed oils or added sugars is a LOT of food to manage consistently.

It just comes down to volume, and having to do it routinely day after day is very different from one day. The body will lose appetite quickly and it’s just made work very quickly.
AMEN TO THAT! Total fact, and I am not really complaining over it so much as amazed how hard it is already. I am doing something extreme so extreme measures are required but wow is it impressive how hard it got so quickly. I expected that a little later but also didn't expect to be at this caloric level already either.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was super excited to come down from 36x34 down to 34x34. Don’t want to do that to often it’s expensive re supplying!
Yeah it is!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
AMEN TO THAT! Total fact, and I am not really complaining over it so much as amazed how hard it is already. I am doing something extreme so extreme measures are required but wow is it impressive how hard it got so quickly. I expected that a little later but also didn't expect to be at this caloric level already either.
This was actually a really enjoyable podcast if you happen to have 2 hours of work that you could listen to something without messing you up, so I’ll leave it here in case:

But Roman Fritz talks about having to eat, in prep, at least 6,000 calories a day to maintain his muscle even while cutting. 500g protein and 800-1,200g carbs. 800g carbs is rice/food then he’s adding brown rice syrup to his rice plus pre/intra shakes. He said when he comes off a show and he’s done for the season, he immediately loses 10 MORE lbs just from stopping all the eating.

That helped me push a little harder today, to get ~6,000 dirty.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This was actually a really enjoyable podcast if you happen to have 2 hours of work that you could listen to something without messing you up, so I’ll leave it here in case:

But Roman Fritz talks about having to eat, in prep, at least 6,000 calories a day to maintain his muscle even while cutting. 500g protein and 800-1,200g carbs. 800g carbs is rice/food then he’s adding brown rice syrup to his rice plus pre/intra shakes. He said when he comes off a show and he’s done for the season, he immediately loses 10 MORE lbs just from stopping all the eating.

That helped me push a little harder today, to get ~6,000 dirty.
Sweet, today should be a slow day for support needs, the building is almost empty, and I averaged 80+ MPH on the way in today. So no one even on the roads. I should have some time to check it out today. Thanks!

I am a big fan of brown rice syrup too. Even has some complex carbs in there instead of just sugar. Snags introduced me to rice syrup way back in the day.

12/21/23 - Afternoon Cardio = Recumbent Bike 30 minutes HR@105-110BPM - My lower back really started tightening up on the drive in yesterday, and by lunch it was stiff and achy enough that the elliptical, and treadmill were no-gos. I just tried to keep a decent pace for movement and to loosen up the area as well as get some nutrient shuttling going on. When I got done I had the PT there in the gym hit me with a percussion massager (think theragun) on my lower back and hamstrings for a few minutes.

I woke up to a very annoyed lower back, a bit worse than yesterday, super tight and achy. I chose to stay in bed, it was tight enough I didn't want to push it until I had been up and about most of the day to either loosen things up or see if it got any worse first.
I don't think what was bothering me last week was all the way healed yet, and I pushed it just a little too hard with the RDL's Tuesday. I will take some ibuprofen today and get some of the acute inflammation out of the way today. Then just do chest supported back work, and some leg curls to touch on the hamstrings. Let the area rest, then if feeling well enough to do RDL's next Tuesday, I will shorten the ROM just a little just to be safe. I would consider this a tweak, not a straight out injury, so the goal is to let it rest some, and that should allow the healing process to take over and do it's thing. We have some biofreeze up here in the first aid kit, so I am going to put some on here in a minute to see if it helps too.

12/22/23 - Fasted Weight 208.2 - I am down another lb or so, and looking a little more tight than yesterday.