booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks to @Hyde and the fine folks over at Controlled Labs for giving me the chance to run a bottle of the new digestion and gut support supplement, Orange GutBac.

Over the next few weeks I’ll be checking in every few days with thoughts and comments on how things feel. For reference, I have been taking Evomuse GutHealth for the past 3 years so that will be my measuring stick.

I plan to comment on things such as: bloating (or reduction), bathroom time ;) , and general heath (si haven’t been sick in years and I swear a good gut supplement makes this possible).

Some notes about my diet and training:
I do IF, where I typically eat one large meal around 9pm each night. Su-F are lower carb days while Saturday is typically my large cheat day. I will be taking 1 cap with my evening meal (first dose last night).

This coming week will be a normal work week, followed by a week in vacation so I will get to test this on a variety of eating and drinking schedules :)

IMG_7209.JPG
IMG_7210.JPG
IMG_7211.JPG

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I do IF/ somewhat warrior/omad style as well and will be using this

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope it treats you well, and keeps you regular on the vacay - that’s always a challenge on the gut!!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So I’m usually a “first thing in the am” kind of guy with my bm’s. Usually just one and done (unless I’ve been eating all day for a week ha). This morning wasn’t the case as I had a small one but then another at the gym a few hours later. Nothing bad, just to note ha.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
in on this! may have to give this one a try depending on how all the reviews on it go!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Day 2 was dosed with my big ol cheat meal. I typically get pretty bloated and full towards the end of the night as it’s a huge volume of food and carbs after a low week. Last night was no exception and this morning get the same as usual (to be expected at day 2). I did have multiple bm’s again today which as mentioned is not the standard for me.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This morning I felt a bit more full still upon waking (I did only get about 4.5hrs of sleep) than normal. BM seemed to be back to normal in terms of timing and "consistency" so that was a positive.

I will be dosing with my normal weekday meals (evening - usually chicken, broccoli, protein shake and a bar) the next 3 days and will report any exceptional findings. If all seems well, we will continue into my bigger meals thurs/fri and then its VACATION TIME! The next two weeks should give a very clear indication of how this treats me.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! i always love vacation because I typically will get in longer workouts than if it were a typical work week.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Awesome! i always love vacation because I typically will get in longer workouts than if it were a typical work week.
Unfortunately i'll just be at the beach so no workouts (outside of some morning jogs and maybe a bit of bodyweight stuff if I'm feeling it). I do love the eat and lift days though when I get a real day off from everything (and am actually home ha).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Woke up very full feeling again this morning and for the second day in a row, unbelievably gassy... I felt bad for the poor guy sitting next to me on the plane yesterday morning because I literally woke myself up from farting so many times haha. Same story this morning - to the point that my morning BM was uncomfortable from the cramping/gas. Not something I am hoping continues

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh boy, that doesn't sound like a good experience but the question is, is it the result of something being corrected and adjusting, or something less desirable. Did you eat anything extra fibrous or anything out of the ordinary? I bet your gut biome is changing a bit, having a bacterial war between the good and bad so to speak... Curious how it shakes out.

Hopefully it does before the diet changes severely from going to vacation food. That way we can get a better idea how it treats some more challenging digestion...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oh boy, that doesn't sound like a good experience but the question is, is it the result of something being corrected and adjusting, or something less desirable. Did you eat anything extra fibrous or anything out of the ordinary? I bet your gut biome is changing a bit, having a bacterial war between the good and bad so to speak... Curious how it shakes out.

Hopefully it does before the diet changes severely from going to vacation food. That way we can get a better idea how it treats some more challenging digestion...
Diet wise i literally eat the exact same meals almost every day/week haha... I'm a painfully habitual creature when it comes to food.

The "changing biome" was my first thought as well as it seems like things are just "churning up" more than they had been - definitely could be a good thing once they stabilize a bit over the next few days (I assume it shouldn't take longer than that to get things settled).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Woke up very full feeling again this morning and for the second day in a row, unbelievably gassy... I felt bad for the poor guy sitting next to me on the plane yesterday morning because I literally woke myself up from farting so many times haha. Same story this morning - to the point that my morning BM was uncomfortable from the cramping/gas. Not something I am hoping continues
I’m sorry to hear that, but this is epic

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately i'll just be at the beach so no workouts (outside of some morning jogs and maybe a bit of bodyweight stuff if I'm feeling it). I do love the eat and lift days though when I get a real day off from everything (and am actually home ha).
That's always nice too to get a break from workouts:) Can't beat the beach!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That's always nice too to get a break from workouts:) Can't beat the beach!
meh, for me I love the gym so a full week without is painful ha... not to say my body wont appreciate it though so I'll have to just satisfy my mind with food/drink haha.

Same story today as the last two - grumbly/gassy belly all morning and early afternoon. Didn't feel as full when I woke up this morning but I also didn't wake up and drink a gallon of water through the night like I tend to (I wake up thirsty as all get out most nights)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
back to feeling super full and still gassy/bloated this AM... it very negatively effected my morning jog as I felt like I was trying to run with a giant beer gut and farting every other step ha.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How many days have you taken Gutbac now Boone? 5? And have you been having discomfort every day?

None of the other 4 reported this; most seem to be noticing improvements by all accounts, but if this keeps up then it may not be for you or your diet (which is the most different from everyone else logging right now). I don’t want you to not enjoy your vacation!

In for BM talk! ;)
In for the dirty talk, eh?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How many days have you taken Gutbac now Boone? 5? And have you been having discomfort every day?

None of the other 4 reported this; most seem to be noticing improvements by all accounts, but if this keeps up then it may not be for you or your diet (which is the most different from everyone else logging right now). I don’t want you to not enjoy your vacation!

In for the dirty talk, eh?
5 days in now (friday - today). I'm gonna give it a few more day for sure as I still feel that there is some "change" happening in my insides (thus the discomfort to an extent) but will keep an eye on it. I likely will run it through vacation regardless just to see if maybe the foods im eating during "normal" weeks seem to be a bit more of the issue vs just the product not working with my body.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5 days in now (friday - today). I'm gonna give it a few more day for sure as I still feel that there is some "change" happening in my insides (thus the discomfort to an extent) but will keep an eye on it. I likely will run it through vacation regardless just to see if maybe the foods im eating during "normal" weeks seem to be a bit more of the issue vs just the product not working with my body.
Were you using something prior? If so, I would think the change would be almost non-existent.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mean what you eat normally is definitely a rough setup from a digestion standpoint, no doubt, but if you were happy with how you felt who am I to question it?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Were you using something prior? If so, I would think the change would be almost non-existent.
Yep, years of guthealth. Same as ypu

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I mean what you eat normally is definitely a rough setup from a digestion standpoint, no doubt, but if you were happy with how you felt who am I to question it?
Yeah my diet def isn’t the easiest on my guts but typically I’m pretty consistent with how I feel. We shall see!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In to hear about your BMs and stuff lol
Well, you're in luck!

Woke up this morning feeling MUCH better than the last few days. Less bloated/full, and through the day so far MUCH less gassy. Also got back to the "normal" morning BM and man, this was a monster ha... seems things were a bit backed up in there... Could be the day that I've turned the corner here!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well, you're in luck!

Woke up this morning feeling MUCH better than the last few days. Less bloated/full, and through the day so far MUCH less gassy. Also got back to the "normal" morning BM and man, this was a monster ha... seems things were a bit backed up in there... Could be the day that I've turned the corner here!
I sure hope so, definitely want to hear you enjoyed your vaca.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
meh, for me I love the gym so a full week without is painful ha... not to say my body wont appreciate it though so I'll have to just satisfy my mind with food/drink haha.
That's true. If I miss some days it always feels like something is off because i'm shying a way from my original routine.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'll be following this, I need a decent stomach product. Gut Health was too much for me, it destroyed my stomach and it never got any better with continued use.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So two days (one full) into vacation and everything is feeling right as rain. Two morning bm’s (toilet cloggers too haha) and no issues with bloating or gas to be seen (at least none beyond what’s normal).

Meals were cheesesteaks sat, and fajitas Sunday so nothing too harsh but certainly plenty of drinks going around as well and all has sat well.

Happy to report that it seems things have stabilized for now!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good, so with an easier to digest diet things got going pretty good eh. Curious to see how it changes when you return to the normal food.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sounds good, so with an easier to digest diet things got going pretty good eh. Curious to see how it changes when you return to the normal food.
I’m not sure whether it was easier meals or just timing. The last meal or so was my normal and I felt good that next morning so I’m thinking actually that it may have just been timing. We will see tues-fri next week

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It sure whether it was easier meals or just timing. The last meal or so was my normal and I felt good that next morning so I’m thinking actually that it may have just been timing. We will see tues-fri next week

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So the last 4 days have been complete bender style, filled with all you can eat and drink. Obviously I’m very bloated and generally “irregular” but nothing seems out of the ordinary good or bad wise. I can say that this far outside of the first few days nothing has been “worse” than prior to starting, however to date nothing has been “better” either. So far just more of the normal for me

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today marks the "back to normal" swing in my diet (no booze or garbage at least until the weekend). I should be back to my usual Su-Fri of chicken/broccoli/shakes/bars (mostly 1 meal/day) and Saturday cheat for the remainder of the log.

What I can say is that I am looking terribly bloated from the weekend bender so hopefully that subsides in a day or two (which would be normal for me - though I do think I truly put on some fat over the last week+ as well)

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It is tough to judge anything when I'm on a vacation and it sounds like yours are similar to mine (too much booze and bad food). Hopefully things straighten out after a couple days and you see some benefits.

I went ahead and picked up a bottle myself to try it out.. probiotics usually do nothing for me or completely tear my stomach up even more. We will see what happens, but lately my IBS has been really bad and I ordered it while laying on the couch in agonizing pain. Lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It is tough to judge anything when I'm on a vacation and it sounds like yours are similar to mine (too much booze and bad food). Hopefully things straighten out after a couple days and you see some benefits.

I went ahead and picked up a bottle myself to try it out.. probiotics usually do nothing for me or completely tear my stomach up even more. We will see what happens, but lately my IBS has been really bad and I ordered it while laying on the couch in agonizing pain. Lol
haha oh man that sounds bad... yeah I was pretty good with the food aspect sat-thurs but once I got to the weekend (and out with my buddies at a cabin for our fantasy draft) it was just an onslaught of burgers, dogs, chips, and whatever else I could get my belligerent hands on haha... oops ;) big ol yolo type weekend

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
bloating from the weekend has already decreased significantly (belt back on the normal loop today ha)... hoping it just keeps going and im not just as fat as I think ha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
further decrease in bloating again today, as expected. One thing to note is that I did start having some heartburn/reflux on sunday/monday (which is EXTREMELY rare for me) - I initially attributed it mostly to the mess of eating that had been going on, but the last 3 days since it has continued to come and go sporadically. Just something of note as I have never in my life had this more than one day and I have now had multiple bouts over the course of 4-5 days.

BM's the last 3 days have also been a bit off (some afternoons, some none at all). I figured this would be the case at least tues, maybe weds, but figured 3 "normal" days would have me back to normal more so

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not to steal your thread but I am about a week in to taking it myself and really haven't noticed anything good or bad aside from a little less bloat with dinner. No real change in BM at all. I am glad it hasn't completely destroyed my stomach, though. Lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not to steal your thread but I am about a week in to taking it myself and really haven't noticed anything good or bad aside from a little less bloat with dinner. No real change in BM at all. I am glad it hasn't completely destroyed my stomach, though. Lol
Always good to compare!

This weekend was spent in a cabin for my anniversary. Nothing special as far as eats went but a few glasses of wine and ciders (went to a really fun orchard Sunday). Really nothing of note good or bad. Indigestion has mostly gone away except for a short bout Saturday evening after eating just some steak and potatoes.

I believe this week will be the end of my run here (I’ll have to count, may run into next week a few days). I’ll get a final recap after I finish out and any notes in here as they come up over the next few days.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Last two mornings have been a bit rough... zero change from my normal diet or training schedule but both mornings I woke up, went about my usual getting ready routine, had no BM before work (unusual) and then on my drive in yesterday (45 min on a highway and through small towns from the hotel) - BAM, nearly shiit my pants as one of those near uncontrollable waves of "GOTTA GO NOW" shiits hit me and I had to clench with all my might for 10min til I got to the next exit and had to hit up a gas station bathroom to blow out my guts... yikes... today was another round of the same, this time I at least got to work, was sitting in a meeting and again BAM... had to run for my life again.

No clue why this has happened these last two days as everything has been 100% the same as any other weekday. Hoping it doesnt continue again tomorrow or fri (especially friday as I have a 4hr drive in the am). No sickness or anything else to note either (I NEVER get sick at all fwiw)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Last two mornings have been a bit rough... zero change from my normal diet or training schedule but both mornings I woke up, went about my usual getting ready routine, had no BM before work (unusual) and then on my drive in yesterday (45 min on a highway and through small towns from the hotel) - BAM, nearly shiit my pants as one of those near uncontrollable waves of "GOTTA GO NOW" shiits hit me and I had to clench with all my might for 10min til I got to the next exit and had to hit up a gas station bathroom to blow out my guts... yikes... today was another round of the same, this time I at least got to work, was sitting in a meeting and again BAM... had to run for my life again.

No clue why this has happened these last two days as everything has been 100% the same as any other weekday. Hoping it doesnt continue again tomorrow or fri (especially friday as I have a 4hr drive in the am). No sickness or anything else to note either (I NEVER get sick at all fwiw)
Aww man that is crappy news! ;)

No really that sucks, hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Aww man that is crappy news! ;)

No really that sucks, hope you are feeling better tomorrow.
The strange thing is that it’s literally just those episodes. No cramps or anything and feel 100% fine all but those 5min. Just dumping syndrome ha. Even stranger is it’s not like these are straight firehose either. A bit soft, but not water for sure. Very odd

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The strange thing is that it’s literally just those episodes. No cramps or anything and feel 100% fine all but those 5min. Just dumping syndrome ha. Even stranger is it’s not like these are straight firehose either. A bit soft, but not water for sure. Very odd
Maybe the reintroduction of all the fiber and stuff took a bit of adjusting in the gut and it had to give a little extra water to push it out. Hard to really get a feel for what might have happened just coming back to regular eating after a week of chaos and alcohol. Hopefully today is more regular for you.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Maybe the reintroduction of all the fiber and stuff took a bit of adjusting in the gut and it had to give a little extra water to push it out. Hard to really get a feel for what might have happened just coming back to regular eating after a week of chaos and alcohol. Hopefully today is more regular for you.
no no, I had already been back to normal diet the entire week prior. Last weekend was just a cabin and pretty decent food plus a bit of wine. Actually ate better than a normal weekend since I didn't have my standard cheat on Saturday.

No BM thus far today - really wasn't feeling like eating last night so cals were a bit lower than normal (think I ended at like 1400 or something so not that surprised I havent had to go today).

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
no no, I had already been back to normal diet the entire week prior. Last weekend was just a cabin and pretty decent food plus a bit of wine. Actually ate better than a normal weekend since I didn't have my standard cheat on Saturday.

No BM thus far today - really wasn't feeling like eating last night so cals were a bit lower than normal (think I ended at like 1400 or something so not that surprised I havent had to go today).
Oh okay, I lost track of time being on vacation my self last week. I am still uhm... getting rid of all the nonsense I ate while on vacation. I swear I ate an entire cow while out.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No wonder no movement, you have to have waste to expel it!!!