Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1,400 calories???
my daily intake most days is a paltry 16-1800 just to maintain weight... painfully low. Usually during the fall/winter I can get up to 2k without getting insanely soft, but the last time I went much beyond that was when I had a coach who had me between 2600-3k and I just got fat as hell and had to basically crash diet going into my wedding... Infuriating.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
my daily intake most days is a paltry 16-1800 just to maintain weight... painfully low. Usually during the fall/winter I can get up to 2k without getting insanely soft, but the last time I went much beyond that was when I had a coach who had me between 2600-3k and I just got fat as hell and had to basically crash diet going into my wedding... Infuriating.
Not trying to derail this thread, but you may want to hire a different coach to help you get the calories back up.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not trying to derail this thread, but you may want to hire a different coach to help you get the calories back up.
Yeah I just don’t have the funds to pay for one, nor do I really care to after such a bad experience ha. Maybe someday but for now it just is what it is.

I’m still able to make both size and strength progress so I can’t be doing too bad ha

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I just don’t have the funds to pay for one, nor do I really care to after such a bad experience ha. Maybe someday but for now it just is what it is.

I’m still able to make both size and strength progress so I can’t be doing too bad ha
Yeah, if you’re happy there then no worries. Saves on food bills! Lol

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Same. i feel there is so many resources online that you just have to put in a little time and coach yourself by doing your homework.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Last two days have been back to normal... solid morning bm. Nothing else really to report

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Same. i feel there is so many resources online that you just have to put in a little time and coach yourself by doing your homework.
A lot of people just don’t have the accountability to execute this continually. I will go so far as to say that MOST people will do better to let someone experienced and removed from their life objectively look at and control their diet (and training).

But the moneys....

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A lot of people just don’t have the accountability to execute this continually. I will go so far as to say that MOST people will do better to let someone experienced and removed from their life objectively look at and control their diet (and training).

But the moneys....
I totally agree with both sides here. It’s easy to find the right info but not always easy to execute (or stick to consistently). It’s also far easier to be accountable when your wallet and pride are on the line ha

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I totally agree with both sides here. It’s easy to find the right info but not always easy to execute (or stick to consistently). It’s also far easier to be accountable when your wallet and pride are on the line ha
Yea I agree as well. I guess if you're paying for it you're more likely to stick with it for sure.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
All normal through the weekend for me. Definitely under-ate again a both fri/sat simply due to family meals out but added a few bars and shakes to at least get some protein in there and reasonable cal levels (for me ha). Did have a bit softer/more rushed BM this morning but I expect that is partly due to the change from chicken to beef last night for dinner (see below). Tomorrow will be my last dose, so I will do a final review Wednesday.

Decided last night to try out some tweaks to my diet over the next few weeks to see if I can't get my body comp improving. Started yesterday by subbing 96/4 beef for my usual chicken dinners during travel days (mon-weds/thurs most weeks) and will keep the chicken on the weekends for now. This will lower the total food volume a good bit and add in a bit more fat. I am going to see how this goes the next few days and then decide what to tweak next... mulling over: adding some almonds, swapping vegetables (currently usually broccoli/brussels most days), adding more carbs. Depending how things go over the next month or so, I will start tweaking calories as well and potentially even eating schedule (though due to all my travel this is the last thing I would change as trying to eat through the day is pretty inconvenient for me).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Final Review:

Overall: 5/10

I will preface this by saying I am a huge fan of CL products overall and have had stellar results with most of the ones used in past/present. This was a really hard product for me to rate because any gut product in general isn't a "feel"/acute type product, but as well, because the results seemed so inconsistent.My rating is based on the latter fact... at the start, I had some issues with bloating and bm's not being very "clean", in the middle, things seemed to settle (for the most part) even with some diet swings throughout (though I factored this in as most people's diet's are not nearly as rigid as mine typically is, so I feel that this was something that actually made my test of the product more valid for a larger group of "normal" eaters), and towards the end, back to more inconsistent results.

My biggest issue with my run was the simple fact that regardless of how many days in a row diet stayed the same, the results seemed to just be terribly inconsistent. Some days all was good, digestion seemed fine, no bloating, solid standard morning bm's; while other days things were completely off... no bm, explosive bm, unpredictable timing, bloating, etc. To me, this was the defining factor that will prevent me from purchasing this in the future.

To compare, I have used Guthealth for the past few years and see nearly 100% consistency with my daily movements and such. Even when diet swings/changes occur, there is typically at most a 1 day adjustment and then back to normal. With this product, I seemed to take longer to adjust, if at all.

I appreciate the chance to try this out, however I plan to go back to GH for my future use. Thanks @Hyde and CL for the chance to try this, unfortunately it's not for me.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you very much for an honest log and giving this a test run for us - I appreciate your efforts and am sorry it wasn’t good to you.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I will tac onto the end of this as I didn't log anything but did pick up a bottle to try out and finished it a couple days ago. I have thoroughly enjoyed all the Controlled Labs products myself and probiotic type products have always gone one of two ways for me, I either notice nothing at all, or they destroy my stomach completely and never level out to be better than before.

Gutbac was one where I didn't notice anything at all, good or bad. I have had stomach issues since the day I was born, so that is not to say the product is bad, it just didn't work for me and I would be willing to bet there may not be a product that will work for the chaos that is my digestive system. Lol