Cissus' anabolic effects ?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I've read countless studies that talk about Cissus's joint healing abilities, but exactly how effective is it as an anabolic ? (noticibly that is).

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
I dont know what it does, but last year I stopped all supps for a while except cissus and creatine and made excellent gains.

I was using cissus pre-workout then. Does not seem to produce the same anabolic effects when used nighttime/morning.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Ive been taking a gram a day of bulk 50% Cissus for about 8 days, and I'm starting to notice that "Cissus Pump", so its doing something.

walugi

walugi

Awards
Ive been taking a gram a day of bulk 50% Cissus for about 8 days, and I'm starting to notice that "Cissus Pump", so its doing something.
Ohh, what's that? :aargh:

I just ordered some Super Cissus Rx for my dad, maybe I might take some too :)

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Ohh, what's that? :aargh:

I just ordered some Super Cissus Rx for my dad, maybe I might take some too :)
Its a good all around supp. you can't go wrong with, but you'll need about 5 grams a day of a 10% extract for the anabolic effect.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
5 grams of the 5% extract ?

That's quite a bit. How noticable would the effects even be ?

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
5 grams of the 5% extract ?

That's quite a bit. How noticable would the effects even be ?
I take one gram of the 50% extract from NP. (Very affordable)
Its just been a little over a week that I'm on and just now starting to feel it. A bit too early to tell the full potential.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
* reminds everyone of symmetry-x *

remember that product? wasn't that supposed to be the anabolic part of cissus extracted?

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
* reminds everyone of symmetry-x *

remember that product? wasn't that supposed to be the anabolic part of cissus extracted?
Yeah..I think they're working on it again...to get it right this time.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm fixing to buy some of this.The 50% from NP.I'm going to be lifting heavy for quite some time so I feel cissus is the perfect option for me.

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
Pre-workout, Cissus gives me some aggression for my workout. I love the stuff except for the fact it makes my hair fall out faster.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I heard cissus cures cancer ? :confused:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Too many mixed opinions about it. I guess that idea is out the window.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Too many mixed opinions about it. I guess that idea is out the window.
only about the anabolic effects, as for analgesic relief most agree supercissus is #1. personally i haven't seen any anabolic effect from cissus, but then i have never used anywhere near 6 gms a day-don't think i would want to either. fenugreek seems a better option,imo.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Pre-workout, Cissus gives me some aggression for my workout. I love the stuff except for the fact it makes my hair fall out faster.
Cissus is supposedly non-hormonal and should not have hair loss sides...at least thats what a USP rep told me.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
No, I've used cissus by PrimaForce before. I was thinking about what dose would be needed for an anabolic effect as I have been taking 2 caps/ED. 1 in the morning, 1 at night.

if it takes 6g+ to get an anabolic effect (12 caps), I'll just use my regular 2 caps instead.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
No, I've used cissus by PrimaForce before. I was thinking about what dose would be needed for an anabolic effect as I have been taking 2 caps/ED. 1 in the morning, 1 at night.

if it takes 6g+ to get an anabolic effect (12 caps), I'll just use my regular 2 caps instead.
it wouldnt take 5-6 grams of a concentrated extract like Bulk Cissus from NP or PrimaForce....maybe 1 gram of the NP version or maybe 3 caps from Prima. We're only talking several grams if its a lesser 5-10% extract.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Hm. Maybe I'll buy a couple of bottles of the PrimaForce and try it out then. It is a higher extract.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it wouldnt take 5-6 grams of a concentrated extract like Bulk Cissus from NP or PrimaForce....maybe 1 gram of the NP version or maybe 3 caps from Prima. We're only talking several grams if its a lesser 5-10% extract.
and NP has a regular one,and then one thats 50% extract for $30.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
No problem man.I was just making it clear for reaperx.How are you taking it johnnie?Taste allright?
it tastes eh....not so good...very bitter, but I wash it down with some diet ginseng Ice Tea. Its cheap enough at NP so I'll deal with it.
Reminds me, I just came across a website (that sells supps.) claiming that there were studies done proving that Cissus can raise test levels 4 times baseline. Rules say I cant post the link here so I'll just copy/paste what they said..(I was doing a search 'cuz I noticed a side effect Im getting of skin breakouts and I think its from Cissus)

"A recent study was undertaken to investigate the role of Cissus quadrangularis in stimulating gonadotropins and to establish its use in male/female reproductive disorders as well as a safe alternative to synthetic androgens.*

50 Human healthy adult male volunteers were selected and each was given 120 capsules each containing either 150mg of Cissus quadrangularis (standardized to 5% keto-steroids) or 150mg microcrystalline cellulose. The bottles were coded and randomly distributed amongst the volunteers. Each volunteer was prescribed 1 capsule TDS ½ hour before meals.

Blood was drawn from each volunteer at day 1 and basal rates of testosterone, LH and FSH were determined. The volunteers were then called back at day 30 and day 60 for a second round of blood assay. The results are presented below:

These results show that serum testosterone levels were increased nearly 4 times over the levels at the beginning of the study. The largest increase in testosterone occurred in the first 30 days of this study."

so...take that for what its worth.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I'll try 3 grams/ED of 50% extract bulk from nutra. That would be a good experiment. Not expecting anything insane, but I'm keeping an open mind.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I'll try 3 grams/ED of 50% extract bulk from nutra. That would be a good experiment. Not expecting anything insane, but I'm keeping an open mind.
hell yeah, thats a pretty sick dose for 50% Cissus...tell us how it works.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Man, ever since you mentioned about Cissus and hair loss, my scalp has been itching like crazy! lol...however I did notice increased acne from it which is consistent with androgenic side effects..hmm....:sad:

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Man, ever since you mentioned about Cissus and hair loss, my scalp has been itching like crazy! lol...however I did notice increased acne from it which is consistent with androgenic side effects..hmm....:sad:
Don't let the balding paranoia get you too!It already has half the members!The other half fit into gyno paranoia.You read it,then you notice it.I once had a person tell me she never buys aspirirn cause if you do,you'll get a headache!

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Don't let the balding paranoia get you too!It already has half the members!The other half fit into gyno paranoia.You read it,then you notice it.I once had a person tell me she never buys aspirirn cause if you do,you'll get a headache!
Haha....so true bro.
The supplement game can be quite a fiasco...lots of products with no real funding to do complete studies so lots of effects we don't know without trial and error, then if even 1 person notices a side effect(good or bad) then the rest of us hop on to find out more.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Haha....so true bro.
The supplement game can be quite a fiasco...lots of products with no real funding to do complete studies so lots of effects we don't know without trial and error, then if even 1 person notices a side effect(good or bad) then the rest of us hop on to find out more.

I agree. With something like bulk cissus and a relatively low cost, some experiments are worthwhile doing.

I don't mind dosing cissus high since it already helps my joints anyway. If it is anabolic, awesome, if not, it still helps with joint issues so it is a win-win situation.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
I agree. With something like bulk cissus and a relatively low cost, some experiments are worthwhile doing.

I don't mind dosing cissus high since it already helps my joints anyway. If it is anabolic, awesome, if not, it still helps with joint issues so it is a win-win situation.
Yep...if Cissus does all that then its a great all around supp...however if its a test booster than it has an effect on the hpta system, and the question needs to be asked "should it be cycled".

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
From what I understand, one of the components in Cissus is an estrogen mimicker. This allows it to strengthen bones, lubricate joints and heal tendons.

But could it cause gyno?

It may be possible, but from what I understand, it has a very weak affinity towards breast tissue, so its very unlikely unless you are very, very gyno prone, already have gyno, or are mega dosing it.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established

These results show that serum testosterone levels were increased nearly 4 times over the levels at the beginning of the study. The largest increase in testosterone occurred in the first 30 days of this study."

so...take that for what its worth.
If it mimics estrogen, it may have SERM like properties also.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I think people take phytoestrogens way out of context. Like, 'OMG don't eat soy bro or else you are gonna get gyno !'

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Ok thanks for the thread mister reaperx.

It's got me wanting to try new things, so...

I'll up my supercissusRx bulk dose to about 4 or so grams a day until it runs out, and then I'll start up on primaforce cissus and will dose that depending on how the higher dose bulk stuff went.. Boo yah, I shall update.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Actually people obsess about gyno way too much in general.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Ok thanks for the thread mister reaperx.

It's got me wanting to try new things, so...

I'll up my supercissusRx bulk dose to about 4 or so grams a day until it runs out, and then I'll start up on primaforce cissus and will dose that depending on how the higher dose bulk stuff went.. Boo yah, I shall update.

I'm just going to buy bulk nutra 50% extract.

I wouldn't waste the 5%-10% on trying to get 'anabolic'. Just keep that for theraputic uses and go hard on a higher extract.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I'm just going to buy bulk nutra 50% extract.

I wouldn't waste the 5%-10% on trying to get 'anabolic'. Just keep that for theraputic uses and go hard on a higher extract.
That would normally be my logic, but the bulk cissus I've got at the moment isn't really and hasn't really been providing much relief, so in this case I'll go ahead and dose it higher and see what happens.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
ReaperX,

If you buy the bulk 50% cissus, put it inside one of those large resealable bags. If you don't after a couple or three weeks humidity will clump the remainder of your powder up into a big ball of hard gunk.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
ReaperX,

If you buy the bulk 50% cissus, put it inside one of those large resealable bags. If you don't after a couple or three weeks humidity will clump the remainder of your powder up into a big ball of hard gunk.

I had a problem with several bulk powders in the past that clumped. The best solution I found was to stick the whole tub in the fridge to keep the humidity down.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried Supercissus a ways back and liked it, but nothing too noticeable. I just bought the Primaforce one and started it today, so I am hopeful, as their dosing is basically 2 grams a day I believe

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
I dont know what it does, but last year I stopped all supps for a while except cissus and creatine and made excellent gains.

I was using cissus pre-workout then. Does not seem to produce the same anabolic effects when used nighttime/morning.

so r u saying its better to dose at mornig and nigh or prework out only

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
I loved cissus for my joints and was about to pick some more up. Guess ill try to dose to get some anabolic effects and see how it works