Capn's Wyked Log

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
1st off, i'd like to thank Taurus Nutrition for allowing me to test drive their new preworkout- WYKED

here's a breakdown of ingredients from Taurus' website:

The best tasting most potent preworkout ever made. The 50 serving container will contain the best tasting, most effective preworkout supplement on the market today. You won't be disappointed with the flavor or the effect!

Serving Size: ~6.5g

Servings Per Container: 50

Directions: Take 1-3 scoops prior to workouts using 8-16 oz of water. You can mix with other supplements, but caution should be taken with any other stimulant based products or preworkout blends. Wyked is a very potent stimulant based preworkout and only people in good health should enjoy this product.

Active Ingredients:

Creatine Monohydrate

Glycine

Taurine

L-Alanine

Leucine

Beta Alanine

D-Aspartic Acid

Arginine AKG

Caffeine

Liposomal Bitter Orange 20% Extracted For Synephrine

Synephrine HCL

Geranium Oil Extract (4-Amino-Methyl Hexane)

Hordinine

Carbohydrates: 0

Protein: 0

Fats: 0

Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Dextrose, N&A Flavor, Sucralose, Acesulfame K, Sodium Bicarbonate

I've used pretty much every preworkout on the market, so i feel that i can give a knowledgeable and unbiased review of this product during this log. I know Taurus Nutrition is looking for real world feedback, not a bunch of yes-men hype-machines.

My goal during this log is to basically go with what i feel on the product... meaning, i'll down a shaker of Wyked before i head to the gym, and i'll let the product's effectiveness determine what my body and mind feel like doing during that workout. I think this is a great way to review a new product, and it will be a new and refreshing way of training for me. Let's see how this goes!! :)

I'll be taking my 1st dose today- most likely starting with 1.5-2 scoops, since i'm a stim junkie x10. I'll review initial taste/mixability/product specs/etc after my 1st dose.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
i think you'll like it! im testing it out too and im enjoying it thoroughly. no crazy energy spikes or crashes, just really good feeling energy. hope you get the same bro!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
on my 1st time using Wyked, i dosed 1.5 scoops to assess tolerance. BTW the bottle had me freaked out- similar to the BC/EAA LG bottle, i feared it would have a short-handled scooper and my 'man's man" hands wouldn't fit ;) luckily Taurus is smarter than the average bear, and they included a superlong handle scooper.

The taste is somewhat subtle and very pleasant. definitely not a sugar-bomb taste to it, and no chemical aftertaste that i noticed. This is the best lemonade flavored supp i've ever had.

i worked out 30 minutes after dosing, and by that time, i was already feeling a smooth yet powerful energy. it was pretty strong, but i was also on an empty stomach, so that played a role in how i felt i think.

i worked some circuit training, quickly transitioning between jump-squats, reverse lunges, bb snatch, and military press. i was working at a quick pace for some HIIT-style burn. i felt amazing on Wyked. the energy was plenty to push me through the snatches, which was the toughest part of the circuit. my mind wanted to quit, but my body said "F- THAT." i actually had enough energy to knock out some box jumps before jumping on the treadmill for 30sec sprint intervals. i started to feel like i was going to overdo it so i tapered down to some cooldown running and then hit the sauna. Had a great 1st workout on Wyked. i did feel the energy and endurance was enhanced.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
on my 1st time using Wyked, i dosed 1.5 scoops to assess tolerance. BTW the bottle had me freaked out- similar to the BC/EAA LG bottle, i feared it would have a short-handled scooper and my 'man's man" hands wouldn't fit ;) luckily Taurus is smarter than the average bear, and they included a superlong handle scooper.

The taste is somewhat subtle and very pleasant. definitely not a sugar-bomb taste to it, and no chemical aftertaste that i noticed. This is the best lemonade flavored supp i've ever had.

i worked out 30 minutes after dosing, and by that time, i was already feeling a smooth yet powerful energy. it was pretty strong, but i was also on an empty stomach, so that played a role in how i felt i think.

i worked some circuit training, quickly transitioning between jump-squats, reverse lunges, bb snatch, and military press. i was working at a quick pace for some HIIT-style burn. i felt amazing on Wyked. the energy was plenty to push me through the snatches, which was the toughest part of the circuit. my mind wanted to quit, but my body said "F- THAT." i actually had enough energy to knock out some box jumps before jumping on the treadmill for 30sec sprint intervals. i started to feel like i was going to overdo it so i tapered down to some cooldown running and then hit the sauna. Had a great 1st workout on Wyked. i did feel the energy and endurance was enhanced.
lol-i saw that tall bottle and thought the same thing.:bigok:

fortunately the long handled scoop has it covered.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys! i'm in between home computers right now, so i'm relying on posting when here at work, or from my iPhone- which is a drag.

yesterday i hit chest and back. when doing these parts, i'm not going really heavy or trying to max out, i'm lifting for endurance right now. i'm doing alot more pulling than pushing, so my back routine sometimes is double to my chest routine. i dosed a solid 2 scoops this time, really needing an extra push after a loooong couple of work days...

i hit flat bench with 3 sets of 10 warmups at 135#, then i do 3 sets of 225# to failure with 30sec rest periods- i was able to put up 14 in set 1, 9 in set 2, and 6 in set 3

immediately after was pullldowns with a close grip handle- warmed up with 3 sets of 10 @ 105#, before hitting 3 sets to failure @ 180#- able to pull 16 in set 1, 11 in set 2, and 7 in set 3

i then hit incline smith press followed by smith bentover rows-

incline smith
set 1- 10 reps 175#
set 2- 10 reps 185#
set 3- 10 reps 195#

smith bentover row
set 1- 10 reps 110#
set 2- 10 reps 120#
set 3- 9 reps 130#

i squeezed in a set of close grip seated rows, going with higher rep volume- 3 sets of 15 reps @ 160#

next i did wide grip pullups to failure- managed 13 until i couldnt go anymore :( -- my lats are a weak point

the energy again was outstanding. im really feeling Wyked. i was worried that i wouldnt, because my adrenals have been put thru the wringer a few times too many.. but this is potent stuff.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
glad to hear you are liking it, capn'.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
hey guys- sorry I havent updated... been having a scare with my wife. she was rushed to the ER a week ago after a HR of around 235bpm just 1 mile into a 20-mile training run for a marathon she's doing. after it wouldn't go down on it's own, medics administered mess to bring her HR down. after labs and EKG showed everything was normal, we have an appointment with a cardiologist to find out more. she's really scared because doctors couldn't say what caused it... I'll get back on track within the next few days and back to the log. thanks guys

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey guys- sorry I havent updated... been having a scare with my wife. she was rushed to the ER a week ago after a HR of around 235bpm just 1 mile into a 20-mile training run for a marathon she's doing. after it wouldn't go down on it's own, medics administered mess to bring her HR down. after labs and EKG showed everything was normal, we have an appointment with a cardiologist to find out more. she's really scared because doctors couldn't say what caused it... I'll get back on track within the next few days and back to the log. thanks guys
Is it normal for that to happen with training? I know that when I run my heart rate goes up fast and stays high, almost at, if not at, maximal heart rate, no matter what pace I do. It NOT going down on its own is a concern though, and I hope you're able to discover what caused it.

~Rosie~

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the log will still be here-take care of your wife!!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take care of the family bud, like T said the log will be here after you get everything squared away but family always comes first.

Best of luck to you and your wife