Can jumping rope burn fat?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Jumping rope burns calories, yes. If you are eating in a calorie deficit - consuming less calories than you are burning each day - some of the calories burned while jumping rope will be from fat.

Cardio in general is a great way to burn calories, but nutrition must be address first in order to lose body fat from extra cardio

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A couch potato can lose fat if he eats in a dececit

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely. It's also a great way to pre exhaust your calves before you hit those

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes jumping rope is a great tool to burn fat. It’s actually one of my go to methods of cardio. I do 10-15 min at 30 sec on 30 sec off each round

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What supplement company makes this jumping rope stuff? Whats in it? Is it marketed as a fat burner?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit some double unders and it really gets your heart rate up. One of my favorite forms of cardio (probably because I wrestled).

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jumping rope isn't cardio... Oh wait im thinking of basketball.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jump rope is a must for me. 2-3 mins 30 sec rest. Gets a good sweat, helps with timing, and helps with a lil bounce in your step while boxing. Good stuff

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jumping rope burns calories, yes. If you are eating in a calorie deficit - consuming less calories than you are burning each day - some of the calories burned while jumping rope will be from fat.

Cardio in general is a great way to burn calories, but nutrition must be address first in order to lose body fat from extra cardio
It's superb reply. Everything covered here. Thanks anyway!

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely. It's also a great way to pre exhaust your calves before you hit those
Yess! I am trying warming up with exercises that isolate the pectoralis muscles before you start doing compound exercises that involve multiple muscle groups. I usually do these sets only to 2 or 3 reps prior to failure so that I don’t completely exhaust my chest. Just to the point where you can feel your pecs engaging and starting to fatigue.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jump rope is a must for me. 2-3 mins 30 sec rest. Gets a good sweat, helps with timing, and helps with a lil bounce in your step while boxing. Good stuff
That's great! I love it too!

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Clearly, jumping rope is the most promising fat burning supplement of 2018. Can’t wait to try it.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Supplement? Do I have to swallow the rope for maximum absorption?
I think you just chew it. Or maybe rub the “jumping rope” against your skin, some place with thin skin and blood vessels(like on your balls) could work pretty well. “Jumping rope” is sure an exciting supplement!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If this is a legit question then I’m going to refer my bro jgntyce jumproper extraordinaire!

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I should wrap it around my arm for maximum surface area for transdermal absorption?
Yes, but for longer sessions, rope contact with shins and calves will be plenty.

Having a woman in black leather beat you with it would be good to.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is it as good as jumping jacks ?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Is it as good as jumping jacks ?
Noooo, to hard to find guys named Jack. Plus, jumping them may put you in a place where guys will want to jump your rope.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
jumping rope has become part of my cardio, I jump rope nearly every day I'm at the gym, it's a great cardio routine....not to mention it helps with footwork if your an athlete...I play old man basketball a few times a week and it helps an old guy have better footwork

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s a high quality supplement brah! How many weeks are you going to run this kickass supplement?
Didn't think yet! Maybe 2-3 week then I will think...

What about you, bro?

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, but for longer sessions, rope contact with shins and calves will be plenty.

Having a woman in black leather beat you with it would be good to.
Legs, hands, body in short the whole entire body. Jump rope circuit improves your body conditioning. It is mostly being overlooked but with consistency following a routine obvious results is sure! Thanks

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
jumping rope has become part of my cardio, I jump rope nearly every day I'm at the gym, it's a great cardio routine....not to mention it helps with footwork if your an athlete...I play old man basketball a few times a week and it helps an old guy have better footwork
Rope jumping is primarily a cardio exercise. Sure, you can burn a ton of calories jumping but it's simply not sustainable for most recreational gym goers. I'd wager that 70% of regular gym goers who do other cardio like treadmill or elliptical 2–3 times a week cannot do more than 2 minutes of continuous jump rope.

Don't get me wrong, jumping rope is fine if you want to do it. We don't even allow it at my gym. They get in the way of other members whipping that rope around. It can be dangerous for another member to get hit with it. And why are most the guys who do it douchey about it? Lotsa wannabe MMA dudes. It never fails!

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Didn't think yet! Maybe 2-3 week then I will think...

What about you, bro?
I’m gonna do 6 weeks. I’ll definitely have a serm for pct, too. Can never be too safe especially with a powerful supp like this.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m gonna do 6 weeks. I’ll definitely have a serm for pct, too. Can never be too safe especially with a powerful supp like this.
6 weeks, that's great! Hope you update then with the result.