Can anyone comment on their experiences with PLCAR vs GPLC

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Hi All!

I have a tub of 100g of PLCAR from NP that I haven't tried yet. I also saw another site selling tubs of GPLC that was about to expire for like 4 bucks a piece so I bought a few. It seems like they are chemically very similar, but that wouldn't necessarily mean that they act in comparable ways. In addition, the general advice I am finding is that GPLC is mostly a pump product to take PWO (2-4.5 grams), whereas PLCAR seems to be most commonly taken twice a day in lower doses (usually about 1g AM, 1g PM if I am not mistaken).

The one thing I have not been able to find is a report by someone who has actually tried both and can compare them. Does anyone have experience with both? If so, are they just straight-up different compounds with different uses, or are they pretty much interchangeable?

In addition, has anyone used GPLC as a daily supplement for strength/fat loss? If so, how did it work? Most importantly, if you used both GPLC and PLCAR for this purpose, what were your experiences comparatively? Basically if the GPLC is interchangeable with the PLCAR I will keep it but if it is just a pump product than I will probably ditch it since it smells like a dead fish farted through a dirty sock soaked in vinegar. Thanks!

Best,
Tyler

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi All!

I have a tub of 100g of PLCAR from NP that I haven't tried yet. I also saw another site selling tubs of GPLC that was about to expire for like 4 bucks a piece so I bought a few. It seems like they are chemically very similar, but that wouldn't necessarily mean that they act in comparable ways. In addition, the general advice I am finding is that GPLC is mostly a pump product to take PWO (2-4.5 grams), whereas PLCAR seems to be most commonly taken twice a day in lower doses (usually about 1g AM, 1g PM if I am not mistaken).

The one thing I have not been able to find is a report by someone who has actually tried both and can compare them. Does anyone have experience with both? If so, are they just straight-up different compounds with different uses, or are they pretty much interchangeable?

In addition, has anyone used GPLC as a daily supplement for strength/fat loss? If so, how did it work? Most importantly, if you used both GPLC and PLCAR for this purpose, what were your experiences comparatively? Basically if the GPLC is interchangeable with the PLCAR I will keep it but if it is just a pump product than I will probably ditch it since it smells like a dead fish farted through a dirty sock soaked in vinegar. Thanks!

Best,
Tyler
Bulk GPLC is awful smelling for sure. I used it for about two months and was disappointed. Didn't notice anything in the pumps or performance department like so many have. Possibly could have been the source but who knows.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
No reason whatsoever to pay the GPLC premium over PLCAR.

It will do nothing for you that a glycine + PLCAR mix doesn't do.
He got then for cheap..

But I do like PLCAR over GPLC.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PLCAR is going to be more bang for your buck...it needs to be dosed properly which can become expensive in comparison to most bulk ingredients

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
No reason whatsoever to pay the GPLC premium over PLCAR.

It will do nothing for you that a glycine + PLCAR mix doesn't do.
Bingo.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys! Yeah the GPLC was cheap (4 bucks per tub), so it seems like they are pretty comparable overall but people still seem like they would choose PLCAR overall. I did get the GPLC at a crazy price so I was mostly just wondering if they could be dosed the same way and had similar effects. It seems like they do. Thanks for the replies!

Best,
Tyler

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
PLCAR is going to be more bang for your buck...it needs to be dosed properly which can become expensive in comparison to most bulk ingredients
So when is PES going to utilize this carnitine salt? :D

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PLCAR is my favorite. ;)

At 4 bucks a tub the GPLC is worth a try, but it was always a bit expensive for my taste and for reasons alluded above (just mixing Glycine with the PLCAR).

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So when is PES going to utilize this carnitine salt? :D
If Natty brings it out through Analyzed or puts it in a PES product I will be: :D :D :D :D

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was asking for for PLCAR in the thread about what people want next from Synthetic Supplements/Analyzed supplements. I have tried both the Glycine version and PLCAR. Glycine version for some reason knocks me out. Regular PLCAR gives a bit more energy when working out after taking daily for a few weeks. Glycine version I just can't use unless I want to take it to go to sleep calm down after too many stims.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Awesome that's even the same brand I have. Haven't noticed it knocking me out though...honestly taking it PWO the only thing I really notice is an increase in endurance (if you remember my workout scheme, that is still great but from the PLCAR reviews I am hoping for more). Mr.Cooper shot me a PM where he mentioned I can use the GPLC just like the PLCAR at 2g ED instead of only PWO and it should work in a similar fashion so I will try that. I am running AB/Titanium/Division1 right now anyway so wasn't planning on adding anything else but what the hell for 4 bucks, why not. Thanks!

Best,
Tyler

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was asking for for PLCAR in the thread about what people want next from Synthetic Supplements/Analyzed supplements. I have tried both the Glycine version and PLCAR. Glycine version for some reason knocks me out. Regular PLCAR gives a bit more energy when working out after taking daily for a few weeks. Glycine version I just can't use unless I want to take it to go to sleep calm down after too many stims.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22293292

http://www.ergo-log.com/three-grams-glycine-improves-your-sleep.html

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Wow, well that explains it. I can't say I have noticed improved sleep after taking it, but I guess either situation would be reasonable (since PLCAR energizes a lot of people but glycine helps sleep according to these studies). I feel better endurance but not too much else. Maybe this is part of the reason why Coop recommends a 2g per day dose and not higher. How much glycine is in 1g of GPLC?

Best,
Tyler

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Glycine is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the spinal cord. Higher doses of GPLC have actually been found to be ergolytic

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Glycine is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the spinal cord. Higher doses of GPLC have actually been found to be ergolytic
Well that's settled then. Is there any potential performance benefit of the addition of glycine to PLCAR (not counting any benefits of a good night's sleep, of course)? Seems like a strange addition if it can actually hinder athletic performance.

Best,
Tyler

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I got 8 tubs of GPLC for free, and can't get past the smell or taste. Tried it once but will never again.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I got 8 tubs of GPLC for free, and can't get past the smell or taste. Tried it once but will never again.
I don't really mind the taste...just sour and acidic and doesn't stick around (as opposed to yellow gold which stays with you for hours if you don't down it perfectly). But man do I agree about the smell! By far the most offensive smell I have ever had in a supplement. I stand by my description in the OP. Plus it sticks to your hands a bit and is a bit messy because it seems wet/oily. I have pretty much gotten used to it by now though. PLCAR doesn't smell good either, but not nearly as bad.

Give the 8 tubs to friends who will use it! I'm sure you will make a few people's day with that ;)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Well that's settled then. Is there any potential performance benefit of the addition of glycine to PLCAR (not counting any benefits of a good night's sleep, of course)? Seems like a strange addition if it can actually hinder athletic performance.

Best,
Tyler
It allowed them to patent it with a unique angle (improved delivery)

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Mix it with crystal light.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I don't really mind the taste...just sour and acidic and doesn't stick around (as opposed to yellow gold which stays with you for hours if you don't down it perfectly). But man do I agree about the smell! By far the most offensive smell I have ever had in a supplement. I stand by my description in the OP. Plus it sticks to your hands a bit and is a bit messy because it seems wet/oily. I have pretty much gotten used to it by now though. PLCAR doesn't smell good either, but not nearly as bad.

Give the 8 tubs to friends who will use it! I'm sure you will make a few people's day with that ;)
I tried giving away some tubs but people were so put off by the smell they didn't want them lol.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried giving away some tubs but people were so put off by the smell they didn't want them lol.
Feel free to send them to me ;)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote