Calebsmittys 1-Andro Run

calebsmitty

Awards
No workout yesterday, but we had our first scrimmage and did really well.

Was able to keep Carbs low and Fat moderate

Macros Protein 317g, Carb 74g, Fat 106g. Calories were low with a busy day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh well a few low cal days will just lean you up a bit.

calebsmitty

Awards
I was actually amazed my cals were so low. Getting home late I contemplated just picking up a Whataburger, I resisted. My diet has improved considerably since I have been logging it. I have kept my carbs under control and my protein intake has remained high. I'll get my cals back up today.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes it's about what you eat over time, what you don't eat one day you can make up for another, especially if you didn't train.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Yes it's about what you eat over time, what you don't eat one day you can make up for another, especially if you didn't train.
while i see the intent you are trying to infer, i would vehemently argue the base concept that you are stating here doug
consistency is key --- day-in/day-out consistency
not every couple days..not looking at things on a weekly basis (like some do)
you want perfection? you better practice it every single day

on the flip side: that is not to say, if you have a bad day or slip up on diet/training whatever, that you beat yourself up for it, no; learn from it, chalk it up as experience, and move on..don't dwell on failures

but if you simply look at things as "meh, i'll make up for it tomorrow"..sorry friends, that will ultimately become your reality, and the ease with which it is to fall into again & again is horrifying

the reality is: today is the now, so focus on this day
make every single day, your best effort on all fronts

(snag leaves the room with his philosophising)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BOOM!
:redeemerwhore::soapbox: :nono: :argue::duel::slap: :spankme: :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The Diet Nazi strikes again!
NO CHEATS FOR YOU!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LOL diet nazi..kleen kills me :D
As much as I mess with you about it your severe anal-ity when it comes to nutrition is evident in your physique. Hard to argue with the results. No knocking Doug either because he looks great doing what he does too.

calebsmitty

Awards
Upper body

Flat BB bench 4 set 205 with 60 sec rest. Mixed up wide and narrow grip
DB row 80s 4x10-12, 30 sec rest, last set got 6 initial reps and kept alternating until I got all 10.
Slight Decline DB press, started with 80s dropped to 55s. 4 sets x AMAP , 30 se rest
Bent over BB rows 4x10, 30 sec rest. Had to do some rest pause to finish sets. Last two sets I had to take an extra 15 sec rest.

Superset, Close grip BB bench and BB curl ( kept light) 3x10-15

Free weight compared to machines kicked my ass. But I felt the muscle more using machines. Probably will alternate their use in future.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know daily discipline is important from a psychological aspect but you can make up for a bad day and even out with a good one. For instance if you eat too much you won't gain fat if you even it out over the week. Or if you don't eat enough you can make up for it by eating more during the rest of the week. My whole plan is based on this concept. I plan to eat small on non-workout days and eat more on workout days and I save cals for my refeed days. It still requres daily discipline just not in the traditional sense. Instead of eating a steady amount you eat an average amount. As long as you eat lots after your workout you will be ok or in my case even better.

It's not a license to eat crap but you can make a plan based on average cals provided it's done correctly. I this case he did not eat enough but it was a non-workout day. If he eats more on his workout day it will be fine or possibly even better. Doing this by accident should not be the way you go about it true, it should be part of your plan.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As much as I mess with you about it your severe anal-ity when it comes to nutrition is evident in your physique. Hard to argue with the results. No knocking Doug either because he looks great doing what he does too.
They are both disciplned plans, his is just more traditonal. I put a lot of research and time into devising this for my needs. It can be used as a discipline as well. You still have to adhere to key eating times. I still think most eating should be done after workouts, however the window is very large depending on when you train. This only makes sense as your body will have higher requirements throughout your workout day. I think in this case it is ideal to workout early and eat heavier during that day and evening. All eating should follow a certain amount of disciplne though, that's true in all cases.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That being said I know Steve has some fantastic knowledge on diet and I still take his advice concerning content for much of what I eat.

calebsmitty

Awards
Macros yesterday were much better.

Protein 295g, Carb 196 g, Fat 135g, 3200 Cals.

3200 seems to be my magic number. Weight slightly decreased this morning. My waking weight was 228.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not too shabby, funny if I try to eat 3200 a day I will blow up... Gotta love the difference in metabolism...

calebsmitty

Awards
Yeah, some days I have to make sure I eat. I tend to go without quite a bit. I'm starting to lose weight. If I notice the weight is coming off to fast I will increase my cals. Probably just bump carbs a bit. With my schedule getting 3200 is doable but not always easy. I have to keep snacks handy.

calebsmitty

Awards
Leg shaker

Stiff DL , 4 sets working up to 245x8-10
Leg press 4 sets, last set rest pause to 20 reps
One leg squats on hammer strength machine. 4 sets of burning insanity.
Ham curls 4xamap

10 min HIIT . All sets done with minimal rest.

calebsmitty

Awards
Macros yesterday

Pro 276 g, Carb 152g, Fat 172g

3213 cals

I am going to try to make 300 g of Protein my goal from now on. Getting those calories from Carbs most likely. Ive been keeping carbs around my workouts and before practice. Wife seems to only make Spaghetti when she cooks.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Since I am used to fasting sometimes I miss my mid morning meal but on workout days I make sure I get it in.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's a little trick to quickly calculate 40% protein. Just drop a 0 off your cals .ie 3000 cals then 300 grams makes about 40% protein intake. It always works out pretty close.

calebsmitty

Awards
Yeah. I've been pretty close to 300 every day. But I have fallen short. So I'm going to make more of an effort to hit that mark. I don't want to decrease my calories yet. My cals have not changed but my weight has been dropping. Not much but I am now under 230. I want to keep cals up. Even if I keep calories as is, and add 20-30 grams of protein I will be fine.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
They are both disciplned plans, his is just more traditonal. I put a lot of research and time into devising this for my needs. It can be used as a discipline as well. You still have to adhere to key eating times. I still think most eating should be done after workouts, however the window is very large depending on when you train. This only makes sense as your body will have higher requirements throughout your workout day. I think in this case it is ideal to workout early and eat heavier during that day and evening. All eating should follow a certain amount of disciplne though, that's true in all cases.
in the end of course we agree..just diffrent stokes for diffrent strokes
my mindset is to focus on each & every day, and make the most of each day i can
procrastination runs in my family, so i'm not ever gonna be a procrastiholic - and so with this mindset i go forward

altho we have differing philosophies on food intake as well, you bring up a good point here for sure (altho again we have slightly differing views of the point: if given the choice, i would rather go into a workout underfed and then overfeed after, rather than vice versa

but again - this is due to my goal of always maintaining lower bodyfat levels, rather than necessarily worrying about gross muscle accrual

:shrug: diffrent strokes! it's really amazing how many different roads lead to Rome :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in the end of course we agree..just diffrent stokes for diffrent strokes
my mindset is to focus on each & every day, and make the most of each day i can
procrastination runs in my family, so i'm not ever gonna be a procrastiholic - and so with this mindset i go forward

altho we have differing philosophies on food intake as well, you bring up a good point here for sure (altho again we have slightly differing views of the point: if given the choice, i would rather go into a workout underfed and then overfeed after, rather than vice versa

but again - this is due to my goal of always maintaining lower bodyfat levels, rather than necessarily worrying about gross muscle accrual

:shrug: diffrent strokes! it's really amazing how many different roads lead to Rome :)

Oh yah I train fasted and eat after my workout during the day. I love fasted training. I get hungry a few hours later and that stays for the day. I sometimes get very focussed on what I am doing and can't think outside the box though. The more strict I am the more obsessed I need to be and can't even afford to think differently. Even though we differ style wise we eat basically the same content. You can get away with more than I can on a conventional method I have to leave convention to enjoy the same freedoms.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh and we will always agree in the end cuz we're both right.

calebsmitty

Awards
Trained this morning.

Standing DB press stayed light, shoulder worn out from batting practice
Worked in band work, upright row and pull aparts

Body weight dips 4xamap
Lat raise 4x10-12, superset rear lat swings
Skull crusher/preacher curl superset 4x10-12

Blast strap fun. Experimented with them doing push-ups, fly, curls, Tri ext., dips

I look like I have aids, I'm lookin flat and skinny right now. Today I'm gonna punish some food. The last couple days I have been below calorie goals. Down to 225. Losing weight way to fast.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look pretty solid...

calebsmitty

Awards
Thanks, I felt a little flat so this past weekend I helped myself to a good amount of carbs. I didn't go crazy, just didn't restrict myself. My weight had dropped to 225. Didn't want to start dropping weight to fast. Back on my normal diet today.

The loss in waistline inches helped my deadlift yesterday. Im able to get much lower at the start. I pulled 425 easy and nearly had 445 for a PR but lost it half way up.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, I felt a little flat so this past weekend I helped myself to a good amount of carbs. I didn't go crazy, just didn't restrict myself. My weight had dropped to 225. Didn't want to start dropping weight to fast. Back on my normal diet today.

The loss in waistline inches helped my deadlift yesterday. Im able to get much lower at the start. I pulled 425 easy and nearly had 445 for a PR but lost it half way up.
I have to watch when my waist gets too small on deads.

calebsmitty

Awards
Ive been tryind to decide on a target weight at this point to shoot for along with BF%. My target BF is 12%.

I have done Omron(electric hand held) test which says I'm 19%, Caliper which says 12%, and Forumla using ht. wt. and body tape measures which says 16.5%. I think just by looks I am probably 16%. Maybe 17% because my abdominal area is much more dense than chest or legs which are both single digit on calipers. If I shoot for 12% that would mean I need to get to approximately 215.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive been tryind to decide on a target weight at this point to shoot for along with BF%. My target BF is 12%.

I have done Omron(electric hand held) test which says I'm 19%, Caliper which says 12%, and Forumla using ht. wt. and body tape measures which says 16.5%. I think just by looks I am probably 16%. Maybe 17% because my abdominal area is much more dense than chest or legs which are both single digit on calipers. If I shoot for 12% that would mean I need to get to approximately 215.
At your size I think about 20 lbs would do it, remember you have to acount for the water you will lose but it doesn't really matter anywway you lose what you have to lose then see how much you weigh. Don't get hung up on numbers in bodybuilding.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Don't get hung up on numbers in bodybuilding.
right
if the goal is 12% bf, then make that the focus..
the weight will land wherever it lands
then, you go from there if desire is to add muscle, while maintaining that new lean frame..

calebsmitty

Awards
I'm just trying to find a number to shoot for. 12% is the goal. Whatever weight that takes me to. Then I build back up with lean mass. My long term goal is 220 at 10-12%.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Once you get into the kind of condition you want to maintain then slowly recomp or add lean mass over time. Dramatic shifts only work when you have a chemistry set at home.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Dramatic shifts only work when you have a chemistry set at home.
i laffed :p
true, what you say..and yet - one can make dramatic shifts when one gets to a certain point of understanding in diet, as i am out to prove right now
nothing along the lines of having a chemistry set by any means lol, but i can make some noticeable shifts by simply altering food intake/training schematics
understand tho - it took many yrs to get to this point, many yrs of trial & error and experimentation
this is not something you learn & grasp overnight

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i laffed :p
true, what you say..and yet - one can make dramatic shifts when one gets to a certain point of understanding in diet, as i am out to prove right now
nothing along the lines of having a chemistry set by any means lol, but i can make some noticeable shifts by simply altering food intake/training schematics
understand tho - it took many yrs to get to this point, many yrs of trial & error and experimentation
this is not something you learn & grasp overnight
You never really get out of shape though. I have only been like this for 7 8 months now. I used get in shape than gain too much off season. I still have a lot of experimenting to do.

calebsmitty

Awards
I have officially ended this cycle. Finished my last Pure Test yesterday. Stopped PCT Revo on Sunday.

Results:

Dose: 1-Andro, 4ed - 550 starting third week 4 ed - PCT/Pure Test

Weight: 225 at the start, got up to 240 at the heaviest, worked slowly back to 230. My goal was to lean out toward the end. Weight gain was not my concern, Strength was No. 1 and eventually leaning out No. 2. Both accomplished.

Strength: I had so many PRs on this cycle and they have continued. The only lift I have not pushed is Bench, but my squat, DL, Standing Press, all increased and have not decreased. I am extremely excited about this. I have continued to lean out and kept strength up. 20+ pounds on major compound lifts, including a near miss at 445 (40lb increase) in DL

Mood: Experienced feeling of aggresiveness and which I crave. I felt like a badass and still do. Gave me a major shift in that direction.

Libido: I experienced a drop in libido at the peak of this cycle but everything is back to normal.

Was a good successful run. I might try 1-Andro next run with Epi V and/or 550 to continue leaning out and maintaining LBM.

Review is short but simple. Any questions or additional info I'd be glad to add to it.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I have officially ended this cycle. Was a good successful run.
Review is short but simple. Any questions or additional info I'd be glad to add to it.
nice review my friend!
glad it was successful - your steady dedication made your results possible :)

I might try 1-Andro next run with Epi V and/or 550
better hurry!
only availability is at retailers currently..when they're gone, they're gone

calebsmitty

Awards
Snag when are they going to hit the market with new formulas?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
i do not, sry
we're churning out a lot of new product currently, so no clue on epiV
550 will not be reformulated - it is finished

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice Review Brother, can you copy and paste that into the review section here http://anabolicminds.com/forum/product-review/ thanks!

Also keep in mind you have been pretty low carb some of what you ost recently may not be muscle so much as water and glycogen from less carbs. Once you eat I bet you fill back in a bit and have more muscle left than you think.

calebsmitty

Awards
Thanks. I'm aware just have mirror problems some times.

I will post it over there tomorrow. Thanks for the help and advice. Snags, Kleen, DW you guys are a great help.

calebsmitty

Awards
Weight back to pre Carb up levels. I think I am looking much leaner. Not so much when relaxed but when I flex I can see the difference. Area around my midsection much leaner. Fat mobilizing, looks a little flabby but that just tells me the fat is moving. Trying to keep my calories up so as not to fall into a big weight drop. But the pace of work is taking its toll.

I have been keeping up with the same workout plan. It has been working. Havn't posted training in a couple days. Yesterday was legs. I have been focusing on my quads on this lighter day during the week. Sunday is still reserved for heavy training in either squat or DL. Alternating every other week.

Yesterday looked like this;
Front squat on Smith Machine 3x10
Hack Squat in Smith Machine (on toes to target quads)/DL Super set 4x10-12 (did 2 sets of Dimmel DL and 2 Stiff DL)
One Leg Squat (Hammer Machine)[foot placed at very end of platform, toes over the edge] 3x10, 1x20 superset with Leg Curl 4x10
Cable Crunch, hitting all sides 3x10-12

All done with minimal rest and in less than 45 minutes.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
in follow-up to what kleen said:
no requirement here by any means, but if you want to share your story/review on these products with a wider base, we are encouraging guys to post up reviews @ http://supplementreviews.com/
just a wider audience to get the word out!

calebsmitty

Awards
Just for you Snags....cause you are such a nice guy. Whatever I can do to be beta tester, short of homo acts and murder.