Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

BPS: COMBUSTIONing my way through post surgery weight loss

So, I'm not certain this is it, but I believe Combustion makes my head a little warmer, thus making my body feel cooler.

It's not a bad kinda heat in the head, just a warm feeling.

Edit:

I feel no increase in head pressure or headache. None at all.
 
Bam!

PR on meadows' rows, and I did decent on DL triples. I bet I could've pulled 400 today, something I haven't done in a long time.

My focus/mind-muscle connection was just crazy today!!

Also, my appetite is crashed. This is good news about Combustion, but bad news for me right now. I had to force down my cottage cheese, and I still have an egg-white and mushroom omelette to down before 1000.
 
Also, not the faintest sign of a headache, head pressure, or increased BP. Still leaning towards allergies on that...
 
Meadows Row 150

Set 1 : 50x10
Set 2 : 75x10
Set 3 : 75x15 (added straps)
Set 4 : 100x10
Set 5 : 110x8
Set 6 : 125x6 -PR!

Partial Pulldown 240.67

Set 1 : 190x8
Set 2 : 200x6 (lost grip)
Set 3 : 190x8 (added straps)
Set 4 : 180x8

-Actually went below my chin despite Meadows' recommendation to stop at the top of my head.

Barbell Deadlift 379.5

Set 1 : 45x3
Set 2 : 135x3
Set 3 : 225x3
Set 4 : 275x3
Set 5 : 315x3
Set 6 : 345x3

-These felt VERY good. Smooth pulling today.

Deficit Dead lifts 302.5
4-5"

Set 1 : 225x3
Set 2 : 275x3
Set 3 : 225x5

-Should've stayed at 275.

Dumbbell Bent Arm Pullover 98

Set 1 : 65x6
Set 2 : 70x12
Set 3 : 60x12

Barbell Good Morning 225

Set 1 : 135x20
 
Congrats on the PR! Oh man, 225 good mornings are crazy! I feel like my neck is about to snap off my body with 95s.
 
Congrats on the PR! Oh man, 225 good mornings are crazy! I feel like my neck is about to snap off my body with 95s.

Oh, I haven't done 225 yet... That's the calculated 1RM for today's lift on the Jefit app. The most I've done on GM's is 205x5.
 
Oh, I haven't done 225 yet... That's the calculated 1RM for today's lift on the Jefit app. The most I've done on GM's is 205x5.

That's still a lot. I wish we had a gm machine at our gym.
 
That's still a lot. I wish we had a gm machine at our gym.

I've never tried the machine. I bet I could do a lot more there. Meadows called for banded hyperextensions, but I just enjoy the core workout from using a barbell.
 
I've never tried the machine. I bet I could do a lot more there. Meadows called for banded hyperextensions, but I just enjoy the core workout from using a barbell.



Invalid Link Removed

This is an old pic, but this was the gm machine. It's less stress on the neck but you can totally feel it working your core and back.
 
Awesome back workout today!! Yay for the pr of 125 on meadows! That's crazy! Congrats! I'm scared to do gm's- haven't tried them yet!
 
Awesome back workout today!! Yay for the pr of 125 on meadows! That's crazy! Congrats! I'm scared to do gm's- haven't tried them yet!

They're awesome for your Hammies also! :)
 
Killing it Thomas!! Huge meadows rows and deads bud. I bet that 20 rep GM set had you seeing stars a little afterwards.

How'd the meadows and pulldowns feel with straps? I feel like I can hit back a lot harder without worrying about grip.

Do you do the pullovers to your chest or to your forehead?
 
Killing it Thomas!! Huge meadows rows and deads bud. I bet that 20 rep GM set had you seeing stars a little afterwards.

How'd the meadows and pulldowns feel with straps? I feel like I can hit back a lot harder without worrying about grip.

Do you do the pullovers to your chest or to your forehead?

I agree with your assessment. I get a way better pump and 'back feel' with straps. That, and when I go heavy I often have to fix my grip every 3-4 reps. Grip is a weakpoint for me, and I try and work on it each back day. I really need to get some chalk.

These were supposed to be to the top of my forehead, but I brought them just below my chin instead. Didn't quite hit my chest though.

Thanks Joh!
 
I agree with your assessment. I get a way better pump and 'back feel' with straps. That, and when I go heavy I often have to fix my grip every 3-4 reps. Grip is a weakpoint for me, and I try and work on it each back day. I really need to get some chalk.

Were in the same boat there. My grip is often what fails when pulling heavy rows, pulldowns and deads. Need to get a chalk bag from my climber friends so I don't have to rely on straps all the time. Even with straps my grip has been improving tho. I usually lose grip around rep 4 so the straps don't help too much until then
 
I use some rubber coated full finger gloves on my pulling days. Actually, I use them every time I lift. Keeps my hands off the equipments germs. Lol.
 
I use some rubber coated full finger gloves on my pulling days. Actually, I use them every time I lift. Keeps my hands off the equipments germs. Lol.

I used to like BPS.......................


















j/king man ;)
 
In!

They're awesome for your Hammies also! :)


Depends on your stance. Legs close, push your butt back with a lot of tension on your hams, yeah. Wide-stance where you drop down & partially squat to come out of the hole you're using way more weight but it's a lot more core/erectors - kinda trains your ability to keep the chest from falling fwd in a squat. GMs can be used a lot of different ways. I don't ever max out on them though; heavier than 5-6RM is unacceptably aggravating to my old back injury. Not worth the risk of missing training because of it, so usually 8RM or higher for this guy.
 
Oh, I haven't done 225 yet... That's the calculated 1RM for today's lift on the Jefit app. The most I've done on GM's is 205x5.
That's still pretty heavy, I haven't done them in a while but I used to do GMs all the time.
In!

Depends on your stance. Legs close, push your butt back with a lot of tension on your hams, yeah. Wide-stance where you drop down & partially squat to come out of the hole you're using way more weight but it's a lot more core/erectors - kinda trains your ability to keep the chest from falling fwd in a squat. GMs can be used a lot of different ways. I don't ever max out on them though; heavier than 5-6RM is unacceptably aggravating to my old back injury. Not worth the risk of missing training because of it, so usually 8RM or higher for this guy.

Yeah, I didn't frequently go heavier than 5s either.
 
Thanks Wasme, Jim.

Welcome Hyde!

I use some
rubber coated full finger gloves on my pulling days. Actually, I use them every time I lift. Keeps my hands off the equipments germs. Lol.

I've got to see a pic of these...
 
I really need to add Meadows Rows to my routine.

Glad to hear the headache was most likely not caused by Combustion :)

Awesome Deads! I recently started using straps for the first time ever, and my DL 1RM increased by ~25 lbs. so far. And that was only the first time ever using them :)

i also need to do GMs.
 
Just took my first cap of Combustion with my coffee. Excited to get this ball rolling.

I weighed in at 204.4 this morning. That's about 15 lbs more than I was when I went in to surgery. SOME of that is diet-bloat, though. I had some high sodium and not-so-great food items this weekend.

I'm already feeling some energy come on as I type this.

I'm expecting 190 by the end of this. It can be done.

i had to go back and check when you started combustion-page 4 post #62 on 06/02, so that means this is day 4...the reason i checked is after i hit 2 weeks on combustion it seemed to really kickin, thermo effect/sweat increased by a lot. wanted to see where you stood with combustion, looks like good times are coming, hopefully!!!
 
I really need to add Meadows Rows to my routine.

Glad to hear the headache was most likely not caused by Combustion :)

Awesome Deads! I recently started using straps for the first time ever, and my DL 1RM increased by ~25 lbs. so far. And that was only the first time ever using them :)

i also need to do GMs.

Oh no, the headaches were pre-Combustion. This is the most relief I've had in several weeks. Maybe Combustion is the cure. Lol

i had to go back and check when you started combustion-page 4 post #62 on 06/02, so that means this is day 4...the reason i checked is after i hit 2 weeks on combustion it seemed to really kickin, thermo effect/sweat increased by a lot. wanted to see where you stood with combustion, looks like good times are coming, hopefully!!!

I'll start listing which day it is that I'm on.
 
would help a lot-that was a ton of reading, lol.
 
Tapatalk is acting weird today. It's sending me random notifications for post a long time ago.

Anyway, I forgot to take a third dose post lunch. My appetite was still minimal, I wasn't crashing, and it just slipped my mind. That's a huge bonus having taken a second dose at 0830. Seems cost effective on the appetite suppression front.

I've got to readjust my meals next week. It's just too painfully difficult to eat everything I have. The omelette almost makes me sick.
 
They look like they're missing blood stains...
 
My upper and lower back are all tight and a little sore today. Feels awesome. Combustion just went down with my coffee and almond milk + C&C protein.

Bro day today. I usually just barely have enough time to finish, but if I can find some spare time imma do a few front squats.

Edit:

After 30m, I feel the same head warmth, but don't feel all that energetic. Sure there was an increase in energy, but not a whole lot.

That said, it is Friday, and I'm needing some extra sleep. Also, theres only 100-125mg caffeine in 'em.

Looking forward to my Japanese steakhouse tonight! This is it, after today it's 100% diet, 90% of the time. :)
 
Cheering you on Thomas! Enjoy the steakhouse tonight.
 
I just crushed legs...and hitting up Sushi with the wife for lunch! Japanese Steak house sounds killer!!!!
 
Everything was 60s rests except where noted for 30s.

Triceps Pushdown V Bar 182

Set 1 : 70x12
Set 2 : 90x12
Set 3 : 110x12
-start 30s rests.
Set 4 : 120x15
Set 5 : 130x12
Set 6 : 120x10
Set 7 : 150x6


Dip Machine 177.33
-3s neg, 30s rests.

Set 1 : 130x8
Set 2 : 140x8
Set 3 : 135x8
Set 4 : 120x8

Triangle Push-ups 1.4

Set 1 : 1x12
Set 2 : 1x11
Set 3 : 1x12

EZ Bar Decline Triceps Extension 105

Set 1 : 70x15
Set 2 : 60x15
Set 3 : 60x15
Set 4 : 60x15

Dumbbell Seated Bicep Curl 49
-Back to the preacher bench to give a slight lean-back and to keep the arm stationary.

Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 35x12
Set 3 : 25x10
Set 4 : 20x12

-These started to burn like heck. I like 'em.

EZ bar Preacher 74
-3s neg

Set 1 : 60x7
Set 2 : 50x8
Set 3 : 50x8
Set 4 : 50x8

Close Grip Chin Up 1.07
-Back was too fried to do these. Why on earth Meadows thought this would be a good idea after back day, I dunno.

Set 1 : 1x2

Reverse EZ Bar Curls 88.67
1s pause at top-

Set 1 : 70x8
Set 2 : 60x10
Set 3 : 60x7

overhead hammer curl w/ rope 90
1 drop set each arm-

Set 1 : 60x8 (then changed tension setting), 60x15, 50x12, 40x12, 30x12

Did 3s pause front squats, 135x3, 185x1. My lower back wasn't strong enough from yesterday's workout to support me. Started leaning forward so I quit.
 
Wow!!! Awesome workout!!! Nice job slipping a couple of front squats in there too!!
 
Strong session!!!!
 
Wow!!! Awesome workout!!! Nice job slipping a couple of front squats in there too!!

Strong session!!!!

Looking good on these lifts homie

RJ is the master of slipping in a little extra at the end!

Thanks y'all!

I devoured my dinner tonight. Filet, scallops, and lots of rice. It was great.

Invalid Link Removed

Invalid Link Removed

I'll be sure to catch up on today's experience with Combustion and your logs tomorrow.
 
Thanks y'all! I devoured my dinner tonight. Filet, scallops, and lots of rice. It was great. I'll be sure to catch up on today's experience with Combustion and your logs tomorrow.


Good for you!! You deserved it!! That looks delicious!!!
 
Good for you!! You deserved it!! That looks delicious!!!

Thank you Kat! It was a great time. Somehow we ended up taking two extra kids, but they had a blast. Our cook was awesome and was dead on with his food throwing. :)
 
Thank you Kat! It was a great time. Somehow we ended up taking two extra kids, but they had a blast. Our cook was awesome and was dead on with his food throwing. :)

Haha so glad you had a great time! That's a costly place for 2 extra kidos! ;) I love watching those guys!! Especially when they're good! My kids have always called it the fire place because of the fire they light on the onion! :) Did you catch the shrimp in your mouth?
 
I'd love some Japanese food, but instead I get an overnight double shift because some bum had a serious case of SIMP.
 
Haha so glad you had a great time! That's a costly place for 2 extra kidos! ;) I love watching those guys!! Especially when they're good! My kids have always called it the fire place because of the fire they light on the onion! :) Did you catch the shrimp in your mouth?

For some reason he didn't use any shrimp this time. Maybe because no one at the table ordered it? He used rice and broccoli. Broccoli for me, and I caught the second one. The first time I didn't have my glasses on.

I'd love some Japanese food, but instead I get an overnight double shift because some bum had a serious case of SIMP.

That just sucks.
 
For some reason he didn't use any shrimp this time. Maybe because no one at the table ordered it? He used rice and broccoli. Broccoli for me, and I caught the second one. The first time I didn't have my glasses on.

Haha that's awesome! I don't even attempt!
 
Back
Top