Guest viewing is limited

BPS: COMBUSTIONing my way through post surgery weight loss

Leg day, and Meadows says no squats today. :(

I'll try to kill it anyway.

Going to take a break from Stimul8 today and take 1.5s of Jack3d just to change it up, and, I've had this tub forever and need to eventually use it up. It's still 3/4 full.

Good lifting everyone!
 
Lying Leg Curls 175

-2xWU, x14/12/10/8 Last set do 25 partials after the 8

-3a neg

Set 1 : 50x10
Set 2 : 50x10
Set 3 : 110x14
Set 4 : 125x12
Set 5 : 125x10
Set 6 : 140x6
Set 7 : 125x1
Set 8 : 80x2
Set 9 : 50x8
Set 10 : 40x25

-these felt really heavy on the 6th set, and I had a hard time finding a weight that I could hit 25 partials on.

Leg Press + Bands

-3xWU (bar, 270/270), pyramid up in sets of 8 until you can no longer do 8. I added an extra band this week making 3 bands, all double wrapped. I have a lower body position and closer stance to hit the 'teardrops'.

Set 1 : 0x12
Set 2 : 270x8
Set 3 : 270x8
Set 4 : 360x8
Set 5 : 450x8
Set 6 : 540x8
Set 7 : 570x8
Set 8 : 590x6
Set 9 : 360x23

I did no plates on the first set just to check the tension of 3 bands. Pretty good resistance there.

Leg Extensions 266

-2s pause at top

Set 1 : 55x5
Set 2 : 70x5
Set 3 : 210x8
Set 4 : 180x8
Set 5 : 150x8


Smith Machine Single Leg Split Squat 153.33

Set 1 : 115x10 R/L
Set 2 : 95x10 R
Set 3 : 95x9 L
Set 4 : 65x10R/L

Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift 63.33

-With a 2" plate under my toes

Set 1 : 50x8
Set 2 : 50x8

-legs are officially gassed. Skipped third set.

Seated Calf Raise 300

-1 drop set

Set 1 : 180x20
Set 2 : 135x10
Set 3 : 90x15
Set 4 : 45x50


Stopped to get some local honey from a guy on the side of the road and he also had habanero ketchup and jalapeño honey mustard. SCORE!!
 
Strong numbers all around. Jealous of your volume Thomas.

Natural honey and jalapeño ketchup or mustard sounds gooood
 
Jalapeño honey mustard!!! Gotta let me know how that is. Crazy volume man. Even -squats there should be some soreness there. Nice work
 
Strong numbers all around. Jealous of your volume Thomas.

Natural honey and jalapeño ketchup or mustard sounds gooood

Thanks Mark! I didn't initially intend to do that many presses, but they just felt so good. The extra band made them heavy on the way down but as the tension lessened I could explode back up. They were awesome.

Jalapeño honey mustard!!! Gotta let me know how that is. Crazy volume man. Even -squats there should be some soreness there. Nice work

Oh, man, the ketchup has a really nice kick. I put a Tbsp on my egg white omelette and it was super good. The HM has a little kick but you can really taste the raw honey in it too. This guy will have a repeat customer.

I was initially disappointed that there were no squats today, but with my lower back still a little sore it was probably good. The focus on my quads was awesome, and they are beat. Thanks Wrench!
 
I took 1x Combustion with my coffee this morning and ended up not needing much coffee at all, and even had a good BM.

:)

After 1.5 scoops of a protein shake and about 10oz milk, I went and had a great session in the gym. Post WO, I ate 1/2 pint of egg whites. I waited about an hour and took 2x Combustion.

The stim factor with two caps isn't that overpowering, really. I got warm in the head about 15m later and am still a little warm feeling there, but I have good, clean, solid energy and focus. I think I want to try this before a workout. My appetite is also gone. I can't even think of food right now.
 
Oh, today is day 6.
 
You're gonna dig the 2 in the morning preworkout. Good stuff! Killin those workouts dude!!
 
Thanks guys!

I'm excited, I picked up two more bands today. A 30# and a 40#. I doubt I'll be able to use them both on presses at first, but I can't wait to try them.
 
Awesome leg workout! I really like the way that was set up! Haven't tried bands on the leg press! I bet they are great!! Way to kill it!! That mustard sounds yummy!
 
Awesome leg workout! I really like the way that was set up! Haven't tried bands on the leg press! I bet they are great!! Way to kill it!! That mustard sounds yummy!

I had never tried band prior to Mountain Dog training, but I don't know if I'll ever press without them. It's harder, but it's making me stronger and my quads are blowing up.

Thanks!
 
I had never tried band prior to Mountain Dog training, but I don't know if I'll ever press without them. It's harder, but it's making me stronger and my quads are blowing up. Thanks!

Awesome!!! I'll have to try them out! I see the good trainers pull them out with their clients. I need mine to grow!
 
I weighed in at 204.4 this morning.

197.6 fasted this morning. -6.8, but I suspect that some of that was bloat.

Most of meals are prepped this week. Taking a break from taking chicken to work, so my post workout meals will consist of Greek yogurt, oats, local wildflower honey, egg whites, protein shakes, tuna, and Lima beans. Oh, and whatever spicy sauces I can find to use.

I might drop in the DCP 2.0 this week instead of next.

I'm planning on breaking 195 by next Saturday. Hoping, at least.

Chest/shoulders today...?
 
195? Piece of cake! I mean slice of pie! I mean protein drink and eggs! Yeah! That's the ticket! Kill those shoulders and chest my friend!
 
195? Piece of cake! I mean slice of pie! I mean protein drink and eggs! Yeah! That's the ticket! Kill those shoulders and chest my friend!

Ha! Thanks!

2 lbs is a lot for me to drop in a week unless I'm holding water. The first couple weeks of cutting I can usually drop some quick weight, but then I struggle for the slightest drop.
 
Lol if only it were linear! In a perfect world you hit your deficit, drop 1 lb err week and its all fat

Stupid (or too smart?) Human body :(

Amen! Lol
 
You can do it, if you have a light deficit built into your diet & you stay clean & get your workouts in. It's very doable. Just depends on how bad you want it. But first 2-3wks are the best time to see losses.
 
I got in a descent chest/shoulder session. Shoulders were strong but my chest was not. :/

Since I'm early on my workouts I'll be able to get in another leg and chest day before Saturday.

No time to post my workout, we have neighbors coming over soon to swim. I'll update more tomorrow.
 
I got in a descent chest/shoulder session. Shoulders were strong but my chest was not. :/ Since I'm early on my workouts I'll be able to get in another leg and chest day before Saturday. No time to post my workout, we have neighbors coming over soon to swim. I'll update more tomorrow.
Swimming! That sounds so fun!
 
Off day. I just felt drained this morning. Diet wasn't bad yesterday and I didn't drink much; I was just tired.

Chest is a little sore today, surprisingly. I didn't think I pushed it that hard.

Oh man, only two sips of coffee and my 1x cap of combustion and I'm already getting head sweats today. I forgot to pick up my shirts from the cleaners Saturday, do I'll be in long sleeves today. Gonna sweat a little, I believe.
 
Off day. I just felt drained this morning. Diet wasn't bad yesterday and I didn't drink much; I was just tired. Chest is a little sore today, surprisingly. I didn't think I pushed it that hard. Oh man, only two sips of coffee and my 1x cap of combustion and I'm already getting head sweats today. I forgot to pick up my shirts from the cleaners Saturday, do I'll be in long sleeves today. Gonna sweat a little, I believe.

Whew! I bet you're hot today! Lol
 
1x Combustion with coffee (15m ago), and I have a cap in my shaker for a pre. I'll probably add in DCP 2.0 tomorrow.

Back day today! For whatever reason, my lats are a little right as if I already worked them. So much so that I almost considered taking another off day today.

But, I didn't, so I won't.

Whew! I bet you're hot today! Lol

I survived. Thankfully I didn't have to spend a whole lot of time out of the car.
 
Let's get to lifting something heavy, shall we?
 
Today's routine called for rack pulls with the bar mid shin. We don't have a rack low enough for that, so I had to stack a bunch of plates and stand on them. (It didn't help that the rack that was a little lower was being used to curl on)

Well, I was getting all kinda of crazy looks, like, "what the heck is he doing". Granted, they probably have no idea what a rack pull is not what it's for, so...
 
Today's routine called for rack pulls with the bar mid shin. We don't have a rack low enough for that, so I had to stack a bunch of plates and stand on them. (It didn't help that the rack that was a little lower was being used to curl on) Well, I was getting all kinda of crazy looks, like, "what the heck is he doing". Granted, they probably have no idea what a rack pull is not what it's for, so...

Haha! Love it! Nothing like being the entertainment for the morning! Way to go!
 
60s rests on everything...

Barbell Bent One Arm Row 116.67

Set 1 : Bar x7
Set 2 : 25x10
Set 3 : 25x10
Set 4 : 50x12
Set 5 : 60x10
Set 6 : 75x8
Set 7 : 110x0
Set 8 : 100x5

Cable Seated Row 200

Set 1 : 140x10
Set 2 : 150x10
Set 3 : 140x10
Set 4 : 130x10

-Long leaning stretch, explosive pull to an upright position. These PUMPED my lats up!

Dumbbell Straight Arm Pullover 86.67

Set 1 : 65x10
Set 2 : 65x10
Set 3 : 65x10

-Great stretch here. Wanted to use a 70 but they were taken.

Barbell Rack Pulls 420

Set 1 : 225x5
Set 2 : 315x5
Set 3 : 365x3
Set 4 : 335x4

-This was supposed to be 3x5, but I was taxed. I should've stuck with 315.




Barbell Good Morning 175.5

Set 1 : 135x9

-Low back was feeling really tight so I stopped.

Wide Grip Pulldown Behind The Neck 216.33

Set 1 : 110x29
Set 2 : 100x20

- These weren't in my routine, but I added them to finish my lats off.

Haha! Love it! Nothing like being the entertainment for the morning! Way to go!

Ha. Thanks!
 
Was worried the stacked plates toppled you over! Nice numbers and strength here. Impressed.
 
Was worried the stacked plates toppled you over! Nice numbers and strength here. Impressed.

They were pretty sturdy. It's not like I used 10's.

Thanks Mark!
 
Killer back workout! Can't imagine why you feel taxed! ;) You're getting stronger every week!
 
Today's routine called for rack pulls with the bar mid shin. We don't have a rack low enough for that, so I had to stack a bunch of plates and stand on them.

Good job bro!

Barbell Rack Pulls 420

Set 1 : 225x5
Set 2 : 315x5
Set 3 : 365x3
Set 4 : 335x4

-This was supposed to be 3x5, but I was taxed. I should've stuck with 315.

Impressive lift Thomas... I think you made the right choice!
 
Jealous!! I've still got just under a week before I am supposed to even touch the weights :'(
Oh I'm sorry! That sucks! Did you have surgery or something?
 
Oh I'm sorry! That sucks! Did you have surgery or something?

Yes, gall bladder. Almost two weeks ago. The doc was originally going to release me Wednesday of this week, but he said he knew what I would do when he did so he is holding off until next Monday. I tried to tell him I wouldn't hit the weights to hard..he didn't go for it haha.
 
Yes, gall bladder. Almost two weeks ago. The doc was originally going to release me Wednesday of this week, but he said he knew what I would do when he did so he is holding off until next Monday. I tried to tell him I wouldn't hit the weights to hard..he didn't go for it haha.

Ahh I gotcha! Been there! The wait sucks but it's well worth other! Were they able to do it laparoscopic?
 
Ahh I gotcha! Been there! The wait sucks but it's well worth other! Were they able to do it laparoscopic?

Yes ma'am! You really won't even be able to see the scars because they are so little :)
 
I had that done 6 years ago. 3 little incisions... you have to look pretty close to see any scaring..

That's the way mine are, except I had four incisions because I had an umbilical hernia he fixed while doing the surery.


Btw Register got my log up and going

Invalid Link Removed
 
Back
Top