Bobo's vs Swolecat's programs

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am planning my bulk for the fall and know I will need some extra help, my last bulk caused me to gain way too much fat and not nearly enough muscle. I am going through the two programs and I am hardpressed on which one to pick, Bobo's knowlege on well everything, not just diet, is phenomenal. But, swolecats knowledge on diet appears very dialed in, and his 7 days article was very impressive. I really like the fact that with Bobo's program you get a full meal plan, I'm not sure if you get anymore than the macro breakdown with swole's program. The money is also a factor sc's program is 200 and Bobo's is $250. I know some of you out there are saying "just pick one dammit!" I would, but I am in college and $250 is a lot of money, and I want to make sure I pick the BEST program for me.

So any of you users from either program could relate experiences on the bulking programs it would be appreciated, I would especially love to hear if anyone has tried both and how they compared.

I didn't see anywhere that I'm not supposed to refer to other trainers or anything, I'm sorry if what I am doing is a no no, please let me know and I will edit my post.

chaz92398

Awards
Seems to me the only problem is the extra $50.

Pay for the best and cry once.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
If you're going to make an investment of $200-250 over 8 or so weeks, the $50 should be the last of you worries.

I don't have a whole lot of info on SwoleCat.

I know Bobo knows his **** though.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
i think swolecat's program only lasts for a month, seems like bobo's program is a better bang for the buck.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I will tell you that Bobo's has more bang for the buck.. I have done SC's and Bobo's
I personally didn't like the SC programs, it was not as effective for me AND I did get more help from Bobo in the way of encouragement and answering questions... and I am not saying just because I am a mod on the board here with him.. I had talked to Bobo about my SC experience before I started with him because I was not wanting to repeat the same experience with him...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I know you're bulking, but from what I understand SC uses 'low-carb' methods when dieting. That right there should be enough.

Plus WTF good does a macro-breakdown do without a food list or meal plan to go along with it? "Eat 3000 calories this week. Good luck."

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
I haven't done SC's but researched it's extensively through his board and the advice he gives for well over a year. I did the same here with this board where I learned of Bobo before he even started training people and battled yellowjacket all the time which earned his credibility with me. He's done all the diet and physiologial research that is needed to do things correctly the first time - differentiatiing between body types, life styles and the ability to take you as low as you want to go with the BF%. He backs all his methods with studies, you can ask him anything you want - pertaining to diet and training of course. He's the man with the Right answers - from what little I know of him he's a great model for what a "real" trainer is. SC's a cool dude - he knows his stuff as well but for $50 extra bucks you get 4 extra weeks and you can sleep soundly knowing your doing the right thing.

GTOman

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm training with Bobo right now and I can tell you his program is top notch and it works. I'm seeing the best results ever on his program and he's always there to answer any questions. I'm so pleased with the service and results, I plan on continuing training with him on a month by month basis for at least a year.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Don't go with swolecat. I did a lot of research on him a long while back when I was choosing between him and Iron Addict and that guy honestly had to be the cockiest person I have ever talked to. I have seen him post on the boards as well and from the people I talked to they didn't feel as though they had enough "talk time" with him. I can assure you, from personal experience, that Bobo is the complete opposite and calls people back fairly quickly, which is reassuring. Another complaint I got from a lot of SC's ex-clients was that his training regimen wasn't helping them much. Although they were losing fat, they felt as though they were overtraining and that they weren't making the gains they wanted to make.

This is my .02 worth. I think its pretty clear cut these days, currently Bobo is the obviuos choice when it comes to the combination of training, diet, and service.

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, you told me exactly what I needed to hear. Through reading a lot of swole's comments at anabolicreivew I had noticed him to be quite cocky as well. the meal plan is a big factor for buling I understand I need a 40/40/20 breakdown it is forumlating meals to match those percentages that screwed me over. Bob looks like you got another minion coming your way soon.:twisted:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I think you have made a good choice and will never regret it.

Congrats and good luck. As you know it depends upon you following what he tells you to do.

CROWLER

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was just over at anabolicreview the other day for the first time in a long time, and saw a post by him and his custom title says
"Future G-Unit Fitne$$ Con$ultant" and his avatar was some G-Unit logo. I wasn't really sure what to think, my first thought was how old are you? I don't want to flame the guy real bad because he has lots of knowledge and he is a good guy. But, come on.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with Bobo. Lord knows he kicked my ass!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Don't go with swolecat. I did a lot of research on him a long while back when I was choosing between him and Iron Addict and that guy honestly had to be the cockiest person I have ever talked to. I have seen him post on the boards as well and from the people I talked to they didn't feel as though they had enough "talk time" with him. I can assure you, from personal experience, that Bobo is the complete opposite and calls people back fairly quickly, which is reassuring. Another complaint I got from a lot of SC's ex-clients was that his training regimen wasn't helping them much. Although they were losing fat, they felt as though they were overtraining and that they weren't making the gains they wanted to make.

This is my .02 worth. I think its pretty clear cut these days, currently Bobo is the obviuos choice when it comes to the combination of training, diet, and service.
You worked with Iron Addict before????

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I have.. Bobo is better....diet is more detailed and help is easier to get

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I have.. Bobo is better....diet is more detailed and help is easier to get
I like IA and he does good work. But, I'm not sure I'd like his diet ideas either....So, I believe you.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is funny is what they think my programs are over there. They couldn't be further from the truth. 10-12 reps? Maybe on SOME exercises but they really don't have a clue what my training programs are. It basically incorporates all aspects of strenght and size training. It would be pretty stupid to have such a "one dimensional" program.

I have many clients that used both SC and IA.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
What is funny is what they think my programs are over there. They couldn't be further from the truth. 10-12 reps? Maybe on SOME exercises but they really don't have a clue what my training programs are. It basically incorporates all aspects of strenght and size training. It would be pretty stupid to have such a "one dimensional" program.

I have many clients that used both SC and IA.
I've never used a PT...methinks I'm gona make an investment ;).

I bought gear, so why not pay for something that will benifit me more, right? Often its hard to practice what you preach I guess :think:

I've got three months left of ON time, so methinks I'll be down $250 soon :twisted:

Last edited:
Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
I've got my diet dialed in and I'm making great gains...Couldn't be happier....I think I'll be where I wanna be very soon. So I ordered some IBE products for $200. Granted they will help me alot (hopefully) its still $200. Now since the lsat time Bobo and I discussed dieting I was just starting to learn, I've since done alot fo reading, pubmed has become a second home and Advanced nutrition is always open. But the fact of the matter is I'm not gonna go back to school to study all this **** and this is the best I can do for myself right now. I work full time so I don't see it happining anytime soon, unless I decide to make a career change. So I'm thinking why did i drop $200 on IBE Products when I could have tapped into Bobo's head and training for $200. One purchase will last, well who knows, the other would have lasted a life time. Anyways live and learn. But next time I have an extra $200, which when it comes to BB seems to be often :nono: . I think I'm gonna just hire Bobo and sit back and realize that it probably would be the best $200 I'll ever spend in terms of my physique. Funny how we all spend tons of $$$ on supps etc... But for $250 we could gain a lifetime of knowledge that is far better than any sups around!!! Only question I have for Bobo is: If I were to hire you could I ask you tons of questions and try to learn as much as I could(basically be a pain in the ass:smite: )

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes but I would feed you lies and funny stories.

For the most part I try to answer most of the questions pertaining to the progrma but there is only so much time I can allocate for getting into the more detailed answers. Simply put, you don't really NEED to know that and after the program is done you find out just how basic, simple and easy it is to do. Although I like to debate detials on the boards on occasion the fact of the matter is that its really not that complicated. I think many times people see my posts and think my programs are extremely complex and hard to follow. The hardest part is sticking to it and that is more your own discipline than the complexity of the plan.

There are no magic beans, magic exercises, magic programs but when you have a sold foundation for all of them it sure can seem like magic.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
this all makes me want to whip out my CC and sign up right now.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
Yes but there are magic mushrooms, although they do not alter one physique just ones mind:rofl:Sorry had to throw that in there....Anyways simply put you know far more than me! And I know that by using your program and asking a few questions here and there, my overall knowledge will increase! That being said, I llok forward to handing you $200 or so in the near future. I love spending money, what can I say????

jeep69

Awards
I am just curious what BoBo thinks of IA's and SC's programs??

I mean didn't IA used to have a banner on this site advertising his training??

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bobo I think what your programs need is cool, trippy names for the programs with flashing lights on the website. :rofl: Thats the biggest difference between you and the other guys. :rolleyes:

Bobo's XCALIBUR pLAn!

BoBoz CIENtIfIc CaLoRiC XPendITUR

:lol:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am just curious what BoBo thinks of IA's and SC's programs??

I mean didn't IA used to have a banner on this site advertising his training??
I don't know, I have never trained with them...

:rofl:

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do you take foreign clients as well, Bobo? I was wondering because it seems to me telephone costs would be a bit high, or do you communicate mainly through mail?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
International clients are through email because of cost and time differences.

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah that makes sense. I need to start saving.. :)

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am planning on joining up later this year when I am back at college with a gym next door. Only problem is the diet is never very good during the year, you can't exactly get what you want when you eat at their lunch places. Thats my only problem, but I would love to learn the exercising part and then next summer get some dieting info.

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
The diet part takes preperation and in the end is cheaper than what most college meal plans are now a days - there is no reason you cant do the diet during school, it actually would teach you how to budget your time a little better - very few healthy things come out of dorm food. Freshamn 15 is no joke more like freshman 25 now a days.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
True dat :D

When you HAVE to structure your life in order to accomplish what is necessary you will do it and become efficient at it. I'm finally getting the hang of prepping my food at night and cooking it in the mornings, etc.

It sucks, but I've been doing it. I prep all night and when I set my alarm to go off 1 hr before I "have" to get up, I go, put everything on (have auto-shutoff on oven and rice cooker) and go back to sleep :)

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well mine was more like freshmen 10, but I got rid of that at the end of the year, my metabolism was much better than. It seems it has taken its turn since freshmen year. Well I have a meal plan for the first semester, so maybe second Ill get off it. My only problem is I am still in a dorm and there is much area for cooking. I have a fridge (small), microwave, and a george forman grill, so stoves are what I am wondering about.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
The hardest part is sticking to it and that is more your own discipline than the complexity of the plan.

There are no magic beans, magic exercises, magic programs but when you have a sold foundation for all of them it sure can seem like magic.
I'm a good example of that. I've let my job get in the way too many times.

AldrichAStern

Awards
Whoa Bobo's is $250??? It says $300 on the site... i'll be damned

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do you take foreign clients as well, Bobo? I was wondering because it seems to me telephone costs would be a bit high, or do you communicate mainly through mail?
I am, soon, to be starting his program training and nutritional programs - August 15th or 14th.

I'm in Canada.

Just to let you know.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Maybe Bobo and Swolecat can get together and combine their programs and call it: "The BobCat Training Method". :D

hyoogeness

Awards
I'd be hesitant of going with SwoleCat at this time and at least in the immediate future because he is now a sponser at John Stone Forums, which has quite lot of members that are intent on signing up. He said he has ~20 or so members prior to the sponsership and no plans on restricting clients (he said he limited it to a little over 20 because of time constraints, which he no longer has). I don't know of Bobo's specific # of clients and his cut-off, but he does have a cut off, which I'd think very important for quality communication.

While I'm not in the market for receiving online training, I think Bobo is the only one I'd go with. I'm not rich enough to go with Berardi, and I don't see any food voodoo science from Bobo (food combining), Likness is cool but I don't need a trainer-slash-life coach, and Lyle McDonald won't accept clients (he says it's too much of a hassle).

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm going to hit up Bobo when I decide to cut for next summer. I've never been able to drop below a certain point on my own... so I need help on that front. Be watching for me Bobo :)