Big boy needs to strip out, here's the plan, plz review and critique.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
The point of my original post was that dairy isn't always the enemy - Not that milk should be consumed with every meal.

Not sure about what studies you are referring to that prove or imply milk ''isn't good for one's health'', but, you've piqued my interest.

Outside of subjects that are lactose intolerant, what, if any, detriment has been proven to be related to consumption of milk?

Is milk carcinogenic now? What constituent of milk has been proven at fault?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The point of my original post was that dairy isn't always the enemy - Not that milk should be consumed with every meal.

Not sure about what studies you are referring to that prove or imply milk ''isn't good for one's health'', but, you've piqued my interest.

Outside of subjects that are lactose intolerant, what, if any, detriment has been proven to be related to consumption of milk?

Is milk carcinogenic now? What constituent of milk has been proven at fault?
dont want to detract from tamans log too much so I would rather not get into the discussion about it here but I can PM you some links if you like. It isnt necessairy the dairy per say but the process it goes through and the source it is coming from (i.e hormone injected cows, pasteurising, etc) I will have to look for them again but I can find them if your interested

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Josh pop me a pm as well if u do put it together. I've cut milk, but only for easier macro control, you got me curious.

As for the supplement discussion, I've heard some good things about alpha-t2. I wish we didn't have the issue of Orr existing health conditions because I would love to recommed nothing more than ECA.

I don't know anything about tropinol, other than it contains that controversial ingredient.

Erase I have not run but alot of guys I trust claim it's the real deal. The combo with at-2 should be pretty good.

I do agree with milas that getting caught up in all the latest supplements can lead to disappointment, but it seems you have jumps past the introductory stage that most go through an have learned to reasearch your products andnot rely on them alone for results.

Workout looking good keep it going.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the input Milas and Shock. If I am not mistaken, the Erase also reduces cortisol, does it not?
That was just a supposition since it's a metabolite of a DHEA isomer (7-oxo-DHEA) that controls cortisol. There's no evidence that I've seen to indicate that it will control cortisol, especially at the dosage used in Erase. The product write up says:

"There have not been any studies done on our particular 7-oxygenated compound on the 11-beta-HSD 1 enzyme, so its mechanism and affinity on the enzyme cannot be determined yet, but it is suggested that it is similar to the inhibition of it is closely related parent compound."

For example, 7-oxo is dosed around 200mg, and that seems to have negligible effect partially due to bioavailability and partially liver metabolism. Another example for 11-oxo straight up is dosed 250mg at the lowest, and most like it at 750mg for cortisol control. Erase wouldn't be as strong as 11-oxo and hard to tell with 7-oxo, and the dose is way low for Erase to have that kind of effect. I really don't think Erase will do anything noticeable for cortisol, but I don't know if any new information came out on it like bloodwork or other studies.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
That was just a supposition since it's a metabolite of a DHEA isomer that controls cortisol. There's no evidence that I've seen to indicate that it will control cortisol, especially at the dosage used in Erase.

For example, 11-oxo straight up is dosed 250mg at the lowest, and most like it at 750mg for cortisol control. Erase wouldn't be as strong as 11-oxo, and the dose is way low for Erase to have that kind of effect. I really don't think Erase will do anything noticeable for cortisol, but I don't know if any new information came out on it like bloodwork or other studies.
While i do agree with your logic, the statement i bolded isn't entirely accurate.

Patrick arnold himself says that most of the cortisol control happens at low dose.the recommended dose is 3 caps ( 225mg ) for cutting, which leads me to believe most of the cortisol control happens at 150-225mg.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Milk, it does a body good!

I say keep the milk if you like it, just make sure you keep your macro count in place. That probably means sacrificing some other food during the day, but should be doable. Part of the whole thing is finding what's right for YOU which is not necessarily right for everyone else. If I said you'd lose lots of weight being Vegan, does that mean you'd become a Vegan?

I'm trying to cut to low single digits, so I've cut most dairy out (kept greek yogurt for post workout). However, for a guy like you I don't see the need to cut out milk right now if you enjoy it. I personally prefer skim milk, but it's up to you and fitting the macros/calories into your overall diet. If your weight loss stalls, maybe consider making changes. If you find something that works, stick with it until it doesn't meet your goals anymore!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
"On any given day, there are more than 8 million cows on U.S. dairy farms—about 14 million fewer than there were in 1950. Yet milk production has continued to increase, from 116 billion pounds of milk per year in 1950 to 170 billion pounds in 2004.(6,7) Normally, these animals would produce only enough milk to meet the needs of their calves (around 16 pounds per day), but genetic manipulation, antibiotics, and hormones are used to force each cow to produce more than 18,000 pounds of milk each year (an average of 50 pounds per day)."

"at least 5% of milk on shop shelves is reportedly contaminated with Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis (MAP), a bacterium linked to Crohn's disease."

"Milk contains Insulin Growth Factor (IGF). IGF-1 is very rich in milk. It's doubly rich in modern milk, partly because cows have been selectively reared to produce milk during pregnancy. This milk is especially rich in oestrogen. On top of that, in the US cows are treated with bovine growth hormone (BGH), which is a growth hormone capable of further increasing milk yield by about 12 per cent. All this means a cow's daily milk production has gone from 3 to 30 litres. Not surprisingly, this milk has two to five times the amount of IGF-1, while the beef from a BST treated animals has about double the IGF. Casein, the protein in milk, helps to carry the IGF into us. The more milk you drink the higher your blood level of IGF-1."

"In addition to digestive problems, milk has been linked to ailments ranging from acne and weight gain to heart disease, cancer and diabetes. Plus, according to a Harvard Medical School analysis of the evidence, milk does not protect against osteoporosis. The study revealed that countries with low calcium intake (just 300 mg/day) tend to have a lower incidence of hip fractures (an indication of osteoporosis) than those with higher calcium consumption rates."

"dairy can cause digestive disorders and allergies. Most adults are unable to properly digest milk sugar (lactose). The enzymes needed to digest lactose typically phase out of the human body around age seven, when they would no longer be needed in nature. Your body responds to undigested lactose with mucous and inflammation.

Excess mucous in your system will clog up your digestive and respiratory tracts. The common results are frequent colds, asthma, allergies, sinus problems, tumors, cysts, constipation, colon trouble, Candidiasis, and excess weight. People suffering from these conditions often experience “miraculous” recovery when they eliminate dairy from their diet or find a healthy milk substitute.

Eating dairy products also contributes to an acidic condition in your body. An acidic body is the perfect environment for a wide variety of diseases. "

"The cows are milked throughout their pregnancies and pushed to their limit of milk production, stimulating the release of stress and sex hormones into the milk. The presence of these hormones has been linked to the early onset of puberty of young girls in industrialized countries as well as the development of hormone related cancers (breast, prostate and ovarian). This is true, albeit to a lesser extent, of commercial organic milk as well.

Cows on factory farms are exposed to high levels of environmental toxins from their feed, water and surroundings. The cow’s body naturally protects itself by storing these toxins in its fatty tissues and milk. Consequently, high levels of concentrated dioxins, pesticides and other toxins wind up in the commercial milk supply. When tested, modern milk shows a 400% higher pesticide level than an equivalent sample of grains.

In addition to this contamination, all commercial milk is pasteurized and homogenized. Pasteurization is designed to kill harmful bacteria. It also destroys nutrients and the vital enzymes needed to digest the milk.

Homogenization breaks apart the fat molecules so the cream and milk no longer separate. This practice has serious health repercussions. Homogenization allows the enzyme Xanthine Oxidase (XO) to enter the bloodstream instead of being excreted as it normally would. This XO enzyme passes easily through the intestinal lining. There it acts as little knives inside your veins and arteries, cutting away at the artery walls. Your body makes cholesterol to repair these wounds. This process leads to atherosclerosis, high cholesterol and heart disease. These diseases are now being discovered even in the bodies of very young children and homogenized milk is suspected as the cause."

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While i do agree with your logic, the statement i bolded isn't entirely accurate.

Patrick arnold himself says that most of the cortisol control happens at low dose.the recommended dose is 3 caps ( 225mg ) for cutting, which leads me to believe most of the cortisol control happens at 150-225mg.
Have you tried 11-oxo at that dose? For me, it does nothing. When I get above 500mg, it is a more pronounced effect. That goes for both TD and oral.

While PA is the godfather of PHs, and I listen to what he says, I will take personal experience over recommended dosages. TBH I don't think I've ever fallen in the "recommended dosage" range on a bottle of any supplement.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How about organic milk?

See what you started Taman!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How about organic milk?

LOL, yeah, I saw that. Honestly, I saw Anton's post and read the bovine growth hormone and immediately thought : TREN!:nana: Not likely, but shows were my mind is LMAO.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"On any given day, there are more than 8 million cows on U.S. dairy farms—about 14 million fewer than there were in 1950. Yet milk production has continued to increase, from 116 billion pounds of milk per year in 1950 to 170 billion pounds in 2004.(6,7) Normally, these animals would produce only enough milk to meet the needs of their calves (around 16 pounds per day), but genetic manipulation, antibiotics, and hormones are used to force each cow to produce more than 18,000 pounds of milk each year (an average of 50 pounds per day)."

"at least 5% of milk on shop shelves is reportedly contaminated with Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis (MAP), a bacterium linked to Crohn's disease."

"Milk contains Insulin Growth Factor (IGF). IGF-1 is very rich in milk. It's doubly rich in modern milk, partly because cows have been selectively reared to produce milk during pregnancy. This milk is especially rich in oestrogen. On top of that, in the US cows are treated with bovine growth hormone (BGH), which is a growth hormone capable of further increasing milk yield by about 12 per cent. All this means a cow's daily milk production has gone from 3 to 30 litres. Not surprisingly, this milk has two to five times the amount of IGF-1, while the beef from a BST treated animals has about double the IGF. Casein, the protein in milk, helps to carry the IGF into us. The more milk you drink the higher your blood level of IGF-1."

"In addition to digestive problems, milk has been linked to ailments ranging from acne and weight gain to heart disease, cancer and diabetes. Plus, according to a Harvard Medical School analysis of the evidence, milk does not protect against osteoporosis. The study revealed that countries with low calcium intake (just 300 mg/day) tend to have a lower incidence of hip fractures (an indication of osteoporosis) than those with higher calcium consumption rates."

"dairy can cause digestive disorders and allergies. Most adults are unable to properly digest milk sugar (lactose). The enzymes needed to digest lactose typically phase out of the human body around age seven, when they would no longer be needed in nature. Your body responds to undigested lactose with mucous and inflammation.

Excess mucous in your system will clog up your digestive and respiratory tracts. The common results are frequent colds, asthma, allergies, sinus problems, tumors, cysts, constipation, colon trouble, Candidiasis, and excess weight. People suffering from these conditions often experience “miraculous” recovery when they eliminate dairy from their diet or find a healthy milk substitute.

Eating dairy products also contributes to an acidic condition in your body. An acidic body is the perfect environment for a wide variety of diseases. "

"The cows are milked throughout their pregnancies and pushed to their limit of milk production, stimulating the release of stress and sex hormones into the milk. The presence of these hormones has been linked to the early onset of puberty of young girls in industrialized countries as well as the development of hormone related cancers (breast, prostate and ovarian). This is true, albeit to a lesser extent, of commercial organic milk as well.

Cows on factory farms are exposed to high levels of environmental toxins from their feed, water and surroundings. The cow’s body naturally protects itself by storing these toxins in its fatty tissues and milk. Consequently, high levels of concentrated dioxins, pesticides and other toxins wind up in the commercial milk supply. When tested, modern milk shows a 400% higher pesticide level than an equivalent sample of grains.

In addition to this contamination, all commercial milk is pasteurized and homogenized. Pasteurization is designed to kill harmful bacteria. It also destroys nutrients and the vital enzymes needed to digest the milk.

Homogenization breaks apart the fat molecules so the cream and milk no longer separate. This practice has serious health repercussions. Homogenization allows the enzyme Xanthine Oxidase (XO) to enter the bloodstream instead of being excreted as it normally would. This XO enzyme passes easily through the intestinal lining. There it acts as little knives inside your veins and arteries, cutting away at the artery walls. Your body makes cholesterol to repair these wounds. This process leads to atherosclerosis, high cholesterol and heart disease. These diseases are now being discovered even in the bodies of very young children and homogenized milk is suspected as the cause."
:thumbsup: I knew you would come through! Less work for me trying to dig up info.. I think I have a couple actual studies bookmarked on my PC. When I get home from work I'll add it in

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Milk, it does a body good!

I say keep the milk if you like it, just make sure you keep your macro count in place. That probably means sacrificing some other food during the day, but should be doable. Part of the whole thing is finding what's right for YOU which is not necessarily right for everyone else. If I said you'd lose lots of weight being Vegan, does that mean you'd become a Vegan?

I'm trying to cut to low single digits, so I've cut most dairy out (kept greek yogurt for post workout). However, for a guy like you I don't see the need to cut out milk right now if you enjoy it. I personally prefer skim milk, but it's up to you and fitting the macros/calories into your overall diet. If your weight loss stalls, maybe consider making changes. If you find something that works, stick with it until it doesn't meet your goals anymore!
Agree 100% with the bolded portion

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How about organic milk?

Milk really is sort of a iffy topic that's why I originally said it's debatable. A big part of the reasoning why milk is bad is based on the milk that is in your local grocery store. There are problems that range from the source of the milk to the process it goes to before it gets to your grocers fridge. So one can argue: what about free range raw milk then? This is where it gets tricky.. I haven't really seen much info on why this is bad for you other than the argument that milk is a relatively new food to us and that our bodies haven't fully adjusted to the consumption of it, but I think alot of that research is based on theories and isn't too concrete.

For the purpose of taman, if his goal is loosing weight then he will prolly be better off without it, for the purpose of health.. That will have to be a personal decision he will have to make after weighing the info

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i know for myself i felt horrible when i used to drink milk. constantly bloated, skin issues, sinus clogging.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i know for myself i felt horrible when i used to drink milk. constantly bloated, skin issues, sinus clogging.
Never had that issue.

But in actuality, if I am going to be more carb conscious, it does make sense to not add an extra 11 grams of simple carbs every time I have a protein shake. I do really not like Myofusion mixed with just water, so this morning I also tossed in a tbsp of extra light olive oil to see what that was like (when mixed with water). Actually seemed to make it a bit better. If it puts more healthy fats into my diet to burn while cutting carbs and makes the stuff more pleasant to drink, why not? At this point, about 90% of my dietary fat is from olive oil, flax seed/fish oil/Omega 3's, peanuts and peanut butter with a bit coming from my meats or cottage cheese.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never had that issue.

But in actuality, if I am going to be more carb conscious, it does make sense to not add an extra 11 grams of simple carbs every time I have a protein shake. I do really not like Myofusion mixed with just water, so this morning I also tossed in a tbsp of extra light olive oil to see what that was like (when mixed with water). Actually seemed to make it a bit better. If it puts more healthy fats into my diet to burn while cutting carbs and makes the stuff more pleasant to drink, why not? At this point, about 90% of my dietary fat is from olive oil, flax seed/fish oil/Omega 3's, peanuts and peanut butter with a bit coming from my meats or cottage cheese.
Sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Never had that issue.

peanuts are too high in omega 6 and no omega3. almonds are a more favorable nut. you should replace peanuts and peanut butter with whole eggs

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
peanuts are too high in omega 6 and no omega3. almonds are a more favorable nut. you should replace peanuts and peanut butter with whole eggs

Oh crap, I forgot the eggs. Thanks Anton, probably put down about 6-12 boiled eggs weekly. I don't usually get almonds because they have a lower protein content/cal compared to peanuts and peanuts are cheap and easy to get. Usually have a bag between breakfast and lunch and a second between lunch and the gym if I don't have a protein bar (which I have been forgoing due to carb content.)

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Oh crap, I forgot the eggs. Thanks Anton, probably put down about 6-12 boiled eggs weekly. I don't usually get almonds because they have a lower protein content/cal compared to peanuts and peanuts are cheap and easy to get. Usually have a bag between breakfast and lunch and a second between lunch and the gym if I don't have a protein bar (which I have been forgoing due to carb content.)
Change that to 6-12 daily.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
lol i was just about to say, i put down close to 12 hardboiled in one sitting sometimes. i usually average 14-18 eggs a day
I had to slack off a bit over the winter but the hens are starting to lay more as spring rolls in so I'll be bumping it back up. My bud brought me 2 dozen yesterday. I have my eggs hand delivered to work. The runner here has free range chickens.:1244:

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Change that to 6-12 daily.
420-840 calories?

lol i was just about to say, i put down close to 12 hardboiled in one sitting sometimes. i usually average 14-18 eggs a day
980-1260 calories?

What else are you guys eating? That seems REALLY high unless you're talking about egg whites with 1-2 yolks.

I can understand 10-20 egg whites, but whole eggs seems high...

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
420-840 calories?

980-1260 calories?

What else are you guys eating? That seems REALLY high unless you're talking about egg whites with 1-2 yolks.

I'll through out the white before the yoke, it's the best part of the egg.

I eat a lot of fish, some blsl chicken breast, and tons of veggies and fruit.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
420-840 calories?

980-1260 calories?

no no only whole eggs brother. i wouldnt dare throw out the yolk. i also eat vegetables, a can of salmon, steak/bison.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
no no only whole eggs brother. i wouldnt dare throw out the yolk. i also eat vegetables, a can of salmon, steak/bison.
David Suzuki Foundation: In January 2001, BBC News produced a program "Warnings from the Wild, The Price of Salmon". The program cited a pilot study conducted by Dr Easton with David Suzuki Foundation. The study found that farm raised salmon and the feed they were fed appeared to have a much higher level of contamination with respect to PCBs, organo-chlorine pesticides and polybrominated diphenyl ethers than did wild salmon. It concluded that it seems that contamination in farm fish comes from the feed.

EWG Report: In July 2003, the Environmental Working Group EWG released a report stating that farm raised salmon purchased in the United States contain the highest level of PCBs in the food supply system. In the report, EWG reported that farm raised salmon have 16 times PCBs found in wild salmon, 4 times the levels in beef, and 3.4 times the levels in other seafood. EWG recommends that consumers choose wild salmon instead of farm raised salmon, and they should eat an 8 oz serving of farm raised salmon no more than once a month.

Science Journal: In January 2004, the journal Science warned that farm raised salmon contain 10 times more toxins (PCBs, dioxin, etc.) than wild salmon. The study recommends that farm raised salmon should be eaten once a month, perhaps every two months as they pose cancer risks to the human beings.

Why do Farm Raised Salmon contain more PCBs than Wild Salmon?

Fishmeal/Feed: Studies found that the fishmeal fed to farm raised salmon is highly contaminated with PCBs
Farm Raised salmon are "fatter": farm raised salmon are generally bigger in size and contain more fat than wild salmon. PCBs are stored in fat and remain there for an extended period of time, therefore farm raised salmon contain more PCBs.
I quit eating salmon. I also read, somewhere, there was a big imbalance between the omega 3 and 6 in farm raised salmon.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I quit eating salmon. I also read, somewhere, there was a big imbalance between the omega 3 and 6 in farm raised salmon.
yea exactly. i buy cans of Alaska wild caught salmon. they simply catch them, cut them up and stick it into cans. no farm raised salmon for me

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
yea exactly. i buy cans of Alaska wild caught salmon. they simply catch them, cut them up and stick it into cans. no farm raised salmon for me
I didn't know they sold it that way. I thought all wild salmon gets sent to restaurants. Gotta get me some of that.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I didn't know they sold it that way. I thought all wild salmon gets sent to restaurants. Gotta get me some of that.
yea go to the store and find canned salmon. pink is usually a dollar something and red is like $3 for 7.5oz. make sure it says wild caught

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
also, there is probably only a handful of restaurants in any city that use wild caught salmon. its way more expensive and doesnt have that popping red color that farm raised has (because its not fed dye).

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
No one is picking a fight here.

ok, so you're obviously lactose intolerant.

no one is debating that lactose intolerant people shouldn't drink milk, obviously.

I, as do most individuals of european descent, love milk and would drink it as

water, if it wasnt so damn expensive here ( $3.30ish).

The one thing i miss about colorado - gallons were $1.58!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
No one is picking a fight here.

ok, so you're obviously lactose intolerant.

no one is debating that lactose intolerant people shouldn't drink milk, obviously.

I, as do most individuals of european descent, love milk and would drink it as

water, if it wasnt so damn expensive here ( $3.30ish).

The one thing i miss about colorado - gallons were $1.58!
i see that you didnt read the stuff i posted about milk. I myself am from Europe and that doesnt give me any more reasons to drink that nasty $hit.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i see that you didnt read the stuff i posted about milk. I myself am from Europe and that doesnt give me any more reasons to drink that nasty $hit.
I read it. However, my emperical evidence contradicts it. IT is actually the single most laughable and ridiculous piece of fiction i've read in quite some time on AM.

If pasteurization kills all the nutrients, how can i build muscle from protein gotten from milk?

Why am i not getting sick from all the alleged pesticides?

I don't get frequent colds. i am allergic to nothing. I don't have excess mucous. No constipation. No bloat or gas.

I don't have digestive problems. I dont have astma.

Amazingly, i exhibit zero of these supposed facts.

All due respect of course. I am not battling you on this. I am saying they don't have any idea what they are talking about. Or I am a superhuman. I have a hard time believing something so completely opposite to decades of contrary experiences.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mar 11, 2011
Name: Day 4, wk 8
Start Time: 04:55 PM
End Time: 06:00 AM
Duration: 1:05
Notes: Lifting proceeded by 5 minute warm up.

# Exercise Name Set Lbs. Reps

1 Barbell Squat To A Bench
#1 185 8
#2 225 8
#3 275 5
#4 315 2
#5 225 12
After a month of working on flexibility, I finally have reached sub parallel squatting. Warm ups at bar, 135,, sets 1(185), 2 (225) and 3(275) were down to a bench, sets 4 and five were to parallel with out bench. No belt any sets.

2 Romanian Deadlift
#1 235 8
#2 235 8
#3 235 8
#4 235 8

3 Leg Extensions
#1 190 12
#2 190 12
#3 190 10

4 Lying Leg Curls
#1 80 12
#2 80 12
#3 80 10

Today's dietary info so far:1767 cals (68 carbs, 162 protein, 95 fats). Please note that rather than I cheat day, I am having a cheat meal of General Tso's chicken. Estimated output, 4226, so should still be at somewhat of a deficit.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting day, 8 year old had a youth wrestling tournament, he did not do so well but at least he is starting to get more aggressive. Anyways, was a fun day with him and my oldest, my get back on the mats myself next year :).

Anyways, a bit off on the macro's today, but low cals at least.

2388 cals, (162 carbs, 170 protein, 118 fats) with estimated output of 3688 for an even deficit of 1300. Taking a week off of the iron but plan on at least 3 days of doing some cardio, come back refreshed and ready to go.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It must be taking a lot of dedication to remain in that large of a deficit. I go under by 400-500 calories and I'm starving.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It must be taking a lot of dedication to remain in that large of a deficit. I go under by 400-500 calories and I'm starving.
Appreciate the props HTS. I have been running this kind of deficit since May 2010 until I started the Halotest run in November and really started packing on the pounds and kind of said "screw the scales, let's go strength gaining" and shot up from 285 to 322 :( Would be 250 now if I had avoided that, but live and learn.

Anyways, point is that I am accustomed to this and the weekly cheat day/meal helps put off cravings ("You can wait!") Although I will admit I do hit the occaisional midnight snack grab but try to keep that to a minimum and sane when it happens.

Anyways,

Did 12 30x30 HIIT cycles at 6/15 and 8/15 resistance levels and then coasted a bit. 151 cals total. Nutrition info later. Am on track so far today except my protein is down a bit low.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My favorite midnight snack - 2 scoops whey, tbsp almond butter, and some almonds. Mix all together with a tiny bit of water and pop in the freezer for a couple minutes. It is delicious!!!!! And has a pretty healthy profile to it

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My favorite midnight snack - 2 scoops whey, tbsp almond butter, and some almonds. Mix all together with a tiny bit of water and pop in the freezer for a couple minutes. It is delicious!!!!! And has a pretty healthy profile to it
Damn that sounds good Josh, thanks for the tip!

Todays dietary info: 2527 cals, (145 carbs, 229 protein, 113 fat) with an estimated output of 3719 for a deficit of1192.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
12x 30/30 HIIT cycles at 80%/60% hitting 175-185 spm, 185 cals.
Then sauna and hot tub. I love deload weeks, but not as much as I love pushing iron once my batteries are recharged.

Today's dietary numbers: 2761 cals (112 carbs, 238 protein, 149 fats) with an estimated output of 3827 for a deficit of 1066.

Tommorow: This weeks tale of the tape!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2x 30/30 HIIT cycles at 80%/60% hitting 175-185 spm, 185 cals.
Then sauna and hot tub. I love deload weeks, but not as much as I love pushing iron once my batteries are recharged.

Today's dietary numbers: 2761 cals (112 carbs, 238 protein, 149 fats) with an estimated output of 3827 for a deficit of 1066.

Tommorow: This weeks tale of the tape!
Saunas and hot tubs are awesome! They are the one thing I miss the most from commercial gyms. I was considering to just buy some day passes ust for the sauna on my deload week. Active release therapy, chiro vists, Self MFRs, and massages are all great for deloading and general prehabing/rehabing.

Do you foam roll already? If not TRUST me give it a try! They are great and totally worth it

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saunas and hot tubs are awesome! They are the one thing I miss the most from commercial gyms. I was considering to just buy some day passes ust for the sauna on my deload week. Active release therapy, chiro vists, Self MFRs, and massages are all great for deloading and general prehabing/rehabing.

Do you foam roll already? If not TRUST me give it a try! They are great and totally worth it
Have done that in the past but did not have the proper gear funny as that sounds. Had to roll up a foam rubber floor mat, best I could find. I have also seen that done on hips, scapula and shoulders with a tennis ball.

Today's numbers: Weight 283.2, down another 4 pounds from last week, total of 38.8. Been a while since I gave a waist measurement, so I took one this morning. Were at 46.25, so that is down a total of 5.25 inches since we started our journey.

Last edited:
AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Have done that in the past but did not have the proper gear funny as that sounds. Had to roll up a foam rubber floor mat, best I could find. I have also seen that done on hips, scapula and shoulders with a tennis ball.

Today's numbers: Weight 283.2, down another 3 pounds from last week, total of 38.8. Been a while since I gave a waist measurement, so I took one this morning. Were at 46.25, so that is down a total of 5.25 inches since we started our journey.
bro awesome progress!! proud of you!! trust me, keep lowering the carbs to like 50-80. you are gonna be brad pitt in no time!!!

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Taman,

I've enjoyed reading your log. Its very well kept and detailed. You should be proud of your dramatic progress. I'm going to enjoy following along. Good luck and keep it up!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established

Today's numbers: Weight 283.2, down another 3 pounds from last week, total of 38.8. Been a while since I gave a waist measurement, so I took one this morning. Were at 46.25, so that is down a total of 5.25 inches since we started our journey.
Great job taman! You'll be sportin a speedo in no time, lol.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Taman,

I've enjoyed reading your log. Its very well kept and detailed. You should be proud of your dramatic progress. I'm going to enjoy following along. Good luck and keep it up!

Wow I haven't seen your name around these boards for a while bud! How ya been? Hope all is well

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taman,

Thank you sir and appreciate your support. Welcome aboard.

Today was pretty calm day. Kicked ass at work and skipped cardio to go to wrestling practice with the little guy as he needs a lot of work. I enjoyed working with him and the other kids and he was teachable tonight for a change.

Anyways, today's numbers are as follows: 2490 cals (135 carb, 236 protein, 112 fats) with an estimated output of 3700 for a deficit of 1211.