Better Protein Bars now for 10$ at NTBM!!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah, drats.

Yeah, won't be gluten-free. Anytime you see "wheat" listed, you're SOL.

Oh well; maybe I'll find out down the road that I don't have an intolerance/allergy to gluten.
I wasn't aware of that. Good to know. I know its hard to get away from gluten. Sh1t is in everything it seems...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah, drats.

Yeah, won't be gluten-free. Anytime you see "wheat" listed, you're SOL.

Oh well; maybe I'll find out down the road that I don't have an intolerance/allergy to gluten.
Gotta watch out for wheat germ and oats. Oats, if grown or processed near a wheat field can actually catch spores and have modified protein structures and still cause our bodies to have the gluten to transglutamanase conversion messing up those with celiac or gluten allergies.
It's okay though.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Nice^^^^, yup, gluten isn't for everyone, but those who can handle it, should not give it up completely as it offers health benefits as well.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
i had no idea that gluten was that big of a deal. are more people allergic to it than i think or somethin? i have only ever known 1 person to be allergic to gluten.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i had no idea that gluten was that big of a deal. are more people allergic to it than i think or somethin? i have only ever known 1 person to be allergic to gluten.
No; it's not that big of a deal. For certain people; particularly those with autoimmune disorders (which I just found out I have a few weeks back), it can be an underlying irritant.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you noticed some type of symptoms that led back to autoimmune or digestive problems. Matt and I just both happen to be two freaks on the same team. lol

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
No; it's not that big of a deal. For certain people; particularly those with autoimmune disorders (which I just found out I have a few weeks back), it can be an underlying irritant.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you noticed some type of symptoms that led back to autoimmune or digestive problems. Matt and I just both happen to be two freaks on the same team. lol
That is interesting, you know I wonder if it has an affect on my psoriasis.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is interesting, you know I wonder if it has an affect on my psoriasis.
I'm reading a book at the recommendation of Jeff (OnlyChevy) and it's been very enlightening, so far. A lot of the information I'd read in my studies, already, but this gives a different perspective and a lot of case studies as examples. A lot of people have drastic changes (from Hashimoto's) once they go gluten-free, get on the proper Vitamin D regimen, high fish oil dosing and this creme (can't recall the name), along with finding out if they're TH-1 or TH-2 dominant and then making sure not to provoke the incorrect side and provoking the other to balance it back out.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I'm still waiting for mine to come in, but ordered them on wed. lol

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm still waiting for mine to come in, but ordered them on wed. lol
I'm in the same boat as you. I have 4 bags coming....cant wait to make up a batch!!:yumyum:

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Well mine cam in yesterday. Hell yeah buddy.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
i am currently snacking on one of the bars i made last night. made the green apple and butterscotch. these things are really tasty, and very convenient seeing how they dont have to be refridgerated or baked. just wish they were a bit lower on cals cause they are wayyy too easy to eat a lot of.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad you like them laser! The green apple is bomb!

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
im a big fan of honey, and peanut butter so the fact that these have both in them really makes it hard to keep me away from them. especially for such a low price.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im a big fan of honey, and peanut butter so the fact that these have both in them really makes it hard to keep me away from them. especially for such a low price.
I like to eat one every workout day....so 3-4 bars a week. Makes a bag last about a month that way, but its hard to not eat more I agree

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
I'm reading a book at the recommendation of Jeff (OnlyChevy) and it's been very enlightening, so far. A lot of the information I'd read in my studies, already, but this gives a different perspective and a lot of case studies as examples. A lot of people have drastic changes (from Hashimoto's) once they go gluten-free, get on the proper Vitamin D regimen, high fish oil dosing and this creme (can't recall the name), along with finding out if they're TH-1 or TH-2 dominant and then making sure not to provoke the incorrect side and provoking the other to balance it back out.
Vitamin d is actually used as a treatment for low levels of psorasis.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like to eat one every workout day....so 3-4 bars a week. Makes a bag last about a month that way, but its hard to not eat more I agree
Haha when I get them, they don't last long. I eat a few a day... Can't help it, too good!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha when I get them, they don't last long. I eat a few a day... Can't help it, too good!
At 400 Cal's a bar I can't allow myself to do that right now trying to get shredded (as much as I'd like to! :yumyum:)

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
At 400 Cal's a bar I can't allow myself to do that right now trying to get shredded (as much as I'd like to! :yumyum:)
using a 36 hour!!!!!!!!1 fast with a 12 hour refeed so the whole pan of bars I just made tomorrow will be amazing :) Close to 6000 cals tomorrow which is about double maintenance. WOOOO!!!! Made chocolate ras with power butter and fiber powder.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Will this offer be good till the end of the month? (pay day)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
That is a good question.....I would just keep an eye out on the store.....or get a loan from a friend :)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will this offer be good till the end of the month? (pay day)
I think it will be, though I haven't heard a specific timeline on them. I'm hoping they go through next month so I can pick up some more at the discounted price ;)

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just picked up the original pb.can't wait to try these out.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
using a 36 hour!!!!!!!!1 fast with a 12 hour refeed so the whole pan of bars I just made tomorrow will be amazing :) Close to 6000 cals tomorrow which is about double maintenance. WOOOO!!!! Made chocolate ras with power butter and fiber powder.
NIiice. The choco rasp is the best!