Best tasting protein powder?

dredmentia

Awards
I used to be one of those guys that "didn't care" what supplements tasted like. And in many ways I still am. My pre work out taste like absolute garbage , but I just chug it as quick as possible.,my BCAA...ALSO disgusting

WHEN it comes to protein powder though especially after that exprience I had with the syntha6 strawberry shake that I literally gagged trying to drink it, I don't wanna abuse myself anymore. Right now ive been using Isopure for straight protein since I'm cutting and I use the Wal-Mart brand for making my smoothies since it doesn't matter when I add a whole bunch of fruit and yogurt into it its more of just a base..

Im gonna give this MTS A SHOT now that I finished 2 jugs of isopure

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Plenty of great tasting proteins out there man,
You don't need to break the bank to get the good stuff either.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm looking to try something that actually taste good I'm not too worried about the price...but by two sweet do you mean it has some ridiculous ammount of added sugar, or just the way it is flavored it's overwhelming. I'm trying to keep my carbs down so grams and grams of extra sugar would be a deal breaker for me
The way it's flavored it's just too sweet for me.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm looking to try something that actually taste good I'm not too worried about the price...but by two sweet do you mean it has some ridiculous ammount of added sugar, or just the way it is flavored it's overwhelming. I'm trying to keep my carbs down so grams and grams of extra sugar would be a deal breaker for me
About 2-3g of sugar per serving in MTS Whey.
I personally have not found it overly sweet.That may depend on the flavor you get.
Cookies and Cream, Red Velvet, Pumpkin, CInnagraham, Chocolate, No Bake were not very sweet at all. If you think it is too sweet add some more liquid to help dilute to your taste buds.
I personally mix mine in greek yogurt to make a protein pudding (5-6oz to 1 scoop) comes out fantastic. or for baking.

I have a few YT Videos of the flavors and my review if you want to look them up (Bkupniewski = YT Name)

dredmentia

Awards
I don't really care about it tasting sweet....just If the sweeteness comes,from them dumping sugar into it. So 2 to 3 grams is really nothing. I'll give it a shot

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone know of a reasonably priced Greek yogurt brand?. I used to eat it all the time, but I'd go through one of those big tubs in 2 days.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anyone know of a reasonably priced Greek yogurt brand. I used to eat it all the time, but I'd go through one of those big tubs in 2 days.
i buy mine from my local wegmans grocery store. Cheaper than buying something like F A G E
Wegmans large 900g tub is about 3.50$. F A G E is around 4.50-5$. That will vary on location though.

I know when I go to Columbus their Kroger has a brand name yogurt that is cost effective.

Demination

Demination

Awards
Anyone know of a reasonably priced Greek yogurt brand?. I used to eat it all the time, but I'd go through one of those big tubs in 2 days.
Would Sams Club it/ Walmart! I stick with the shoprite brand or choboni but if your banging out a tube a day i would say buy bulk

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Kirkland, Costco brand is the best I can find here, 3 container packs for $10 (vs. 4-5 each at grocers)

dredmentia

Awards
Around here in upstate NY Cabot is very cheap. But then again so is the super market brands. Just don't get the Wal-Mart flavored Greek yogurt it has so much sugar added in

dredmentia

Awards
Would Sams Club it/ Walmart! I stick with the shoprite brand or choboni but if your banging out a tube a day i would say buy bulk
Shop right is good but...I highly suggest looking at the ingredients in the "Great value" walmart brand. The stuff is a sugar bomb

dredmentia

Awards
That is my go to Greek yogurt brand
But really the supermarket brands are just as good. Anything BUT Wal-Mart and Athenos Greek yogurt which are both totally loaded with suguar

Attachments

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use Dannon Oiko's Triple Zero. Its fairly cheap at Kroger.

dredmentia

Awards
My mistake Athenos isnt bad...it's the stuff that says "The Greek Gods" and comes in all,types of flavors that stuff has 33 grams of sugar per 8 oz

Demination

Demination

Awards
My mistake Athenos isnt bad...it's the stuff that says "The Greek Gods" and comes in all,types of flavors that stuff has 33 grams of sugar per 8 oz
Yah got to watch out with that sugar! Blows my mind how they sneak that in there. Its the flavors that have that high sugar content. Stick with plain, and toss cinnamon in that bad boy or if you really can't down it then just put in fat/sugar free jello powder!!

dredmentia

Awards
I think plain is gross however. Just regular vanilla bean is usually fine with the sugar content. Its when they try to get crazy like this Greek Gods company with multiple desert flavors in it that it really gets loaded with extra sugar

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I saw a raspberry brownie delight. Sort of defeats the purpose...

dredmentia

Awards
Yah got to watch out with that sugar! Blows my mind how they sneak that in there. Its the flavors that have that high sugar content. Stick with plain, and toss cinnamon in that bad boy or if you really can't down it then just put in fat/sugar free jello powder!!
Not a bad idea because honestly I think PLAIN Greek yogurt taste and feels like A sour slime of sorts.....for me the vanilla or fruit flavorings make a world of a difference but perhaps just some cinnamon ground vanilla powder will do the trick

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not a bad idea because honestly I think PLAIN Greek yogurt taste and feels like A sour slime of sorts.....for me the vanilla or fruit flavorings make a world of a difference but perhaps just some cinnamon ground vanilla powder will do the trick
Greek yogurt + whey usually will help mask the taste. A vanilla carbmaster or another based yogurt could be a good suggestion if you want to go that route.

Demination

Demination

Awards
Yes brother.. cinnamon is a game changer! So def recommend trying it out.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really like the Vanilla Bean. Cabot was/is the brand I usually purchase. I just go through it really fast. Those big tubs are nearly $5 and if you go through one of them in 2 days, it gets expensive. So I just stopped buying it. I guess I could be less of a fat ass and only eat 1 serving per sitting, but really who does that?.

Demination

Demination

Awards
I really like the Vanilla Bean. Cabot was/is the brand I usually purchase. I just go through it really fast. Those big tubs are nearly $5 and if you go through one of them in 2 days, it gets expensive. So I just stopped buying it. I guess I could be less of a fat ass and only eat 1 serving per sitting, but really who does that?.
Just wondering are you eating alot of it for bulkining purposes? I usually stay away from having a lot because of the dairy.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wondering are you eating alot of it for bulkining purposes? I usually stay away from having a lot because of the dairy.
When I was purchasing it, it was just to try and up my protein really. Plus I just really enjoy the taste. All my meals can't be steak.

dredmentia

Awards
Cabot is 5 dollars near you ? Where do you live. That stuff is cheap as hell here

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I don't know why everyone is all about Greek Yogurt + Protein Powder. I've recently discovered the superior blend: Cottage Cheese + just enough milk to get the powder to mix in. Heavenly.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know why everyone is all about Greek Yogurt + Protein Powder. I've recently discovered the superior blend: Cottage Cheese + just enough milk to get the powder to mix in. Heavenly.
I haven't had cottage cheese since I was a little whippersnapper. Had it once and HATED it so never tried it again.

I'm a big fan of Chocolate Protein + PB blended together.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't want to ruin the Yogurt with protein powder. The whole reason to eat the Greek yogurt is because of the extra protein in it.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't want to ruin the Yogurt with protein powder. The whole reason to eat the Greek yogurt is because of the extra protein in it.
Have you tried Dannon Oikos triple Zero? 15g protein per serving

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Oooooo I just assumed you were putting powder in it, like all the cool kids are doing nowadays. You should try Skyr (Icelandic food of the gods and the almighty Jon Pall Sigmarsson RIP), it's a superior yogurt product in terms of profile and taste, but hard to find.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I haven't had cottage cheese since I was a little whippersnapper. Had it once and HATED it so never tried it again.

I'm a big fan of Chocolate Protein + PB blended together.
I used to hate CC as well, but I've recently grown to like it. It's a whole different level with powder and milk mixed in though. The chunks go so well with protein, I highly recommend it.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Usually my nightly dessert consists of cottage cheese with a scoop of protein powder. No milk needed. Just dump 1/2 the scoop of protein and mix it in then dump the other half and mix. Blends right in

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Usually my nightly dessert consists of cottage cheese with a scoop of protein powder. No milk needed. Just dump 1/2 the scoop of protein and mix it in then dump the other half and mix. Blends right in
I like mine a little JUICY, that's why I use milk.

dredmentia

Awards
There is certain protein powders that taste MUCH better with milk. Spirutien being one of them. I love the way spirutien taste so much I actually have some blueberries and cream coming , I don't really consider it a protein shake in the sense of something like whey that can be used !multiple times a day, its more of a high protein meal replacement and the protein is all from soy I believe. So , if you were using something like that as your main protein supplement I'd imagine you'd have some problems. I'm going to use it maybe 2 or 3 times a week for breakfast. Really ALOT of their flavors are good the banana one is great so is the chai tea latte, and the cherries jubilee

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't remember if I posted this here. Usp Labs definitely has the best tasting vanilla protein. The OxyElite Protein version was more of a butterscotch vanilla. The Modern Protein version is just as good but more of a classic vanilla. Most other vanilla proteins I've had to add something to them because they are usually too plain or too sweet. The Usp Labs versions of vanilla don't really need that though, it'd ruin it.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I used to hate CC as well, but I've recently grown to like it. It's a whole different level with powder and milk mixed in though. The chunks go so well with protein, I highly recommend it.
I hate it too. Mix protein powder and milk you say? Sounds horrid...

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I don't remember if I posted this here. Usp Labs definitely has the best tasting vanilla protein. The OxyElite Protein version was more of a butterscotch vanilla. The Modern Protein version is just as good but more of a classic vanilla. Most other vanilla proteins I've had to add something to them because they are usually too plain or too sweet. The Usp Labs versions of vanilla don't really need that though, it'd ruin it.
Have you tried Select GV?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know this is about powders, but the Oh Yeah One Birthday Cake bar is the best bar I've ever tasted. Seriously. #inlove

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I know this is about powders, but the Oh Yeah One Birthday Cake bar is the best bar I've ever tasted. Seriously. #inlove
I actually just finished watching the Lobliner video of him saying the exact same thing wow hahaha I gotta try these bars

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually just finished watching the Lobliner video of him saying the exact same thing wow hahaha I gotta try these bars
He's right then. I love them.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

dredmentia

Awards