Best Recovery Supplement

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I've recently switched to DC training (which is exceptional by the way) and my recovery needs have gone way up. I was wondering what worked best for you as far as recovery is concerned (besides your basics like bcaas). I know Torrent always gets excellent reviews. Many say Postal works well. I've read great things about MAP and actually have a tub on the way. Any other products I should read into?

My joints are holding up well, the DOMS are just severe currently (even with the DC stretches being fully utilized).

Thanks in advance for the advice.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I notice an increased recovery when I am using MAP by primordial compared to when I am not. As you mentioned, Torrent is another good call. Isn't Glutamine heavily used by endurance athletes, or am I confusing it?

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I notice an increased recovery when I am using MAP by primordial compared to when I am not. As you mentioned, Torrent is another good call. Isn't Glutamine heavily used by endurance athletes, or am I confusing it?
I've read several studies all debating whether glutamine truly has any effect or not, so I really haven't given it much thought. I may revisit it. Good to hear you liked MAP as well. It was a bit pricey, but if it works, then it will definitely be worth every penny.

Punisher88

Punisher88

Awards
My personal favorite, which is also one that I have yet to see advertised on AM, is a product called AfterGlow by Biorythm. It literally has anything and everything to help recover muscles, reverse catabolism, block cortisol, and heal joints without proprietary blends.
Percs: 20 gms WPI, 10 gms bcaa and glutamine, krealk, high dose antioxidants such as Pomegranite, ALA and RALA, 1000mg cissus quad, 30 grams cane sugar, and the best part, 800 mgs of Phosphtydal serine for cortisol suppression. Watermelon flavor is to die for! :arms:

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I had great recovery while using blue growth. I used a training that was very similar to dc. Slightly moded for my goals. I also love ibcaa/beta alanine/creapure as a combo intra work out.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
dbol, if you can call it a "supplement"! :scool:

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've recently switched to DC training (which is exceptional by the way) and my recovery needs have gone way up. I was wondering what worked best for you as far as recovery is concerned (besides your basics like bcaas). I know Torrent always gets excellent reviews. Many say Postal works well. I've read great things about MAP and actually have a tub on the way. Any other products I should read into?

My joints are holding up well, the DOMS are just severe currently (even with the DC stretches being fully utilized).

first off dogg crap training is the phucking ****.. Stretching slips the minds of so many..

Anyway for recovery please get your self some gear and use it a couple of caps with every meal. Or 5 caps pre and post work out.... :dance:

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I had great recovery while using blue growth. I used a training that was very similar to dc. Slightly moded for my goals. I also love ibcaa/beta alanine/creapure as a combo intra work out.
I've always had great luck with CL's products. I'll definitely have to read into into it as I hadn't really considered that one.

Your intra is very similar to mine. I have NP's bulk mono, ibcaas and beta alanine from PP. I also use Primaforce's Citrulline Malate and NP's AAKG to finish it off (flavored with Crystal light).

Thanks for the Blue Growth tip.

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
of course you did its your job to... :crying:

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OOO **** if I had gear in I would send a free bottle. Damn it hit me up when its back in stock and I will send you some bro.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
first off dogg crap training is the phucking ****.. Stretching slips the minds of so many..

Anyway for recovery please get your self some gear and use it a couple of caps with every meal. Or 5 caps pre and post work out.... :dance:
Man I totally agree about the stretches. That dosing protocol sounds similar to HGHup. Is it a similar product?

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yep. The difference is I have a badge in my signature stating so. Unlike so many guys around from a certain other company, who have the same job minus the title. But I believed the mods asked us to keep this out of these threads, so lets let it die there.
If some ones a rep then they got rep in there sig. Sorry I got more then enough followers bro...I am sorry people follow me and beleive in me bro... get the phuck over it...

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for link man. Does the bottle last for a month at the recommended dosage?
little over 20 days at that does. we always give bulk buying deals though and discounts with free shipping. :dance:

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bikeswim, what do you think you are going to go with? Curious myself. I am always willing to explore different ways to increase recovery from a heavy workout. I'm picky on brands though, I like to go only for ones that I know do some form of quality control before shipping off pills to their clients. Let me know what you decide on.

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
hands down my favorite..............
UNIVERSAL TORRENT nothing comes close, the orange tastes amazing considering all the stuff in it

right now i use a concoction of map, bcaas, beta alanine, and a bit of gatorade...works very well, tastes good now with the gatorade....but not as good recovery wise as torrent....the thing with torrent is its 300cals, 50g of carbs, so im not hungry right after, and im gearing for a cut, so alot of sugar i dont want

theres alot of stuff you cant go wrong with, i havent tried many because those two work well for me

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly for me Intra workout is more important imo when using BCAA's, or now MAP, which is even better. I have been doing this for years with great results.Post workout of course whey, and lately an addition of casein. However ultimately the whole food meal I eat about 45 minutes later is the most important of all.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Bikeswim, what do you think you are going to go with?
Well I already have a MAP (Mango) on the way because I have really been wanting to try Peptopro. I am really liking what I am reading about Blue Growth (thanks MM11) so I am leaning that way, but I haven't made a decision just yet.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I've read several studies all debating whether glutamine truly has any effect or not, so I really haven't given it much thought. I may revisit it. Good to hear you liked MAP as well. It was a bit pricey, but if it works, then it will definitely be worth every penny.
Used glutamine alone @ 5g post and nothing. i will eventually give sutamine caps a try.

My personal favorite, which is also one that I have yet to see advertised on AM, is a product called AfterGlow by Biorythm. It literally has anything and everything to help recover muscles, reverse catabolism, block cortisol, and heal joints without proprietary blends.
Percs: 20 gms WPI, 10 gms bcaa and glutamine, krealk, high dose antioxidants such as Pomegranite, ALA and RALA, 1000mg cissus quad, 30 grams cane sugar, and the best part, 800 mgs of Phosphtydal serine for cortisol suppression. Watermelon flavor is to die for! :arms:
Yeah man, tried this too. It's fugging delicious and the profile rocks but $125 for 32 servings is just wild. I was lucky to get some off a friend for real cheap but when I went to buy more I nearly crapped myself at the price. :banghead:

I bought modern bcaas during the inner circle sale. The Blue Rasberry was awesome.
How did you like the recovery from that? Been on a recovery supp kick after my successful run w/ Protocol V2.

Well I already have a MAP (Mango) on the way because I have really been wanting to try Peptopro. I am really liking what I am reading about Blue Growth (thanks MM11) so I am leaning that way, but I haven't made a decision just yet.
Protocol V2 worked really well for me, same with MAP, purple wraath, and Afterglow. As for cost, Protocol was probably the most wallet friendly.

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Protocol V2 worked really well for me, same with MAP, purple wraath, and Afterglow. As for cost, Protocol was probably the most wallet friendly.
Yes Genomyx's Protocol is my go to for recovery. DOMS is greatly reduced when using Protocol, it is amazing.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Exact same thing i use. I also will throw in some glutamine to my post work out Whey protien/milk shake. I know theres alot of debate on glutamine, but it's cheap so i figured why not.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The old Progenex was pretty damn good. Now its 25 to 30 grams ibcaa's and 2 scoops of MAP for me, followed by a meal soon after ( though sometimes I have no appetite ).

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
The old Progenex was pretty damn good. Now its 25 to 30 grams ibcaa's and 2 scoops of MAP for me, followed by a meal soon after ( though sometimes I have no appetite ).
i like the map/ibcaa/gatorade for the opposite reason, i can eat right after, torrent fills me up and i wait an hour minimum, then it starts to get late:crying:

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
i like the map/ibcaa/gatorade for the opposite reason, i can eat right after, torrent fills me up and i wait an hour minimum, then it starts to get late:crying:
X2 I workout late in between work and school so using EAA/BCAA and pepto-pro products post workout allows me to get a real meal in before i gotta dash back out the door. :hammer:

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
I personally like, 20g Hydrolyzed Whey protein super grade(or peptopro if i have the money), 15g ajinomoto bcaa' with ajinomoto l-leucine added to make a 4:1:1 ratio, 30g waxy maize starch, and 8-10oz grape juice to help with flavor... I have been on DC for a year and a half and this combo has done well for me.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
vitargo S2 + creapure+ MAP and IBCAA's would be great too.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established

This is a good question, I just wanted to drop in let you know what I've found to be the most successful personally and if you have any questions let me know.

Karbo-Lyn + Vitargo
10g L-Leucine + 5g each other BCAAs
6g Creatine Monohydrate
10g Super Plasma Protein
+ (2) Need 2 Slin and (4) FREE REIGN

15min later...

30g Casein
30g Whey Isolate

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
vitargo S2 + creapure+ MAP and IBCAA's would be great too.
looks sexy....im cutting so im opting for that, but 1/4 tbsp of gatorade (about 10g carbs/sugars) pre and post, enuff to push everything in there, and keep the glyco levels decent...plus it makes the map and ibcaa taste a ton better

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
OP, its worth trying 4 tablespoons of powdered gatorade intra workout. Thats like 56g carbs and it rly helps to boost muscle fullness, replenish glycogen, and blunt cortisol. Im using that + some aminos and it rly helps plus its cheap as balls.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
looks sexy....im cutting so im opting for that, but 1/4 tbsp of gatorade (about 10g carbs/sugars) pre and post, enuff to push everything in there, and keep the glyco levels decent...plus it makes the map and ibcaa taste a ton better
I use NOW Food's liquid, lemon flavored stevia extract to make my strawberry lemonade MAP taste pretty damn good! Vitargo is awesome and karbolyn was ok but i felt more bloated on karbolyn.

I've read a lot about people using the powdered gatorade in their intra/postworkouts but never tried it. Gonna have to give that a shot next week and see how my body likes it. I know I really liked the first version of size-on (lemon ice) w/ 2 scoops of purple wraath too.

Just A Hack

Awards
Okay, I've been out of this game for 2yrs.. Had a bad time in good old Afghanistan..
But now I'm able to get back into the mix.

What the hell is MAP and WMS? Im looking it up but searching with just MAP doesn't find anything. =(

Thanks and Sorry for being a Newb again =(

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Okay, I've been out of this game for 2yrs.. Had a bad time in good old Afghanistan..
But now I'm able to get back into the mix.

What the hell is MAP and WMS? Im looking it up but searching with just MAP doesn't find anything. =(

Thanks and Sorry for being a Newb again =(
map= maximum absorbed protein from Primordial performnce. It's a pepto-pro product.

WMS= waxy maize starch... I don't like it personally (makes me bloated and fat) but others use it with good success.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Intra - I like a half to full cup of OJ mixed with water in a 32oz bootle w/ a 1.25 protein scoop full of True Protein Leucine 4:1:1 plus Glutamine - 80/20 and then throw in 5g creapure. It gives me 20g BCAA and 5g Glut per serving and the carbs from the OJ help my body uptake and spare it from use as energy during my workout.

I went a while between renewing tubs and have since picked it up again. My doms have dramatically reduced since I started using them again. Plus, I don't get burnt out by the end of the workout. Also, it bides a bit of extra time for getting that PWO nutrition in. I definitely won't let it wait so long between refills again!

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Intra - I like a half to full cup of OJ mixed with water in a 32oz bootle w/ a 1.25 protein scoop full of True Protein Leucine 4:1:1 plus Glutamine - 80/20 and then throw in 5g creapure. It gives me 20g BCAA and 5g Glut per serving and the carbs from the OJ help my body uptake and spare it from use as energy during my workout.

I went a while between renewing tubs and have since picked it up again. My doms have dramatically reduced since I started using them again. Plus, I don't get burnt out by the end of the workout. Also, it bides a bit of extra time for getting that PWO nutrition in. I definitely won't let it wait so long between refills again!
I like to use juice as well. It works with me more than dex or something.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like SizeOn MP, ive tried a lot of other formulas and this does the trick for me. Works better then Gatorade+Intrabolic+Creatine for me, beats me but it does

gainweightnow

gainweightnow

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yes Genomyx's Protocol is my go to for recovery. DOMS is greatly reduced when using Protocol, it is amazing.
How did you like the recovery from that? Been on a recovery supp kick after my successful run w/ Protocol V2.

Thanks for the support guys, Protocol is easily one of my favorite supplements for recovery :) 15 minutes after taking Protocol I've been using Aftershock, great combination

For those of you not familiar with it, it can be located here

ekdevil

Awards
vaping Indica weed or adding cannabutter or canna-oil to your food.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support guys, Protocol is easily one of my favorite supplements for recovery :) 15 minutes after taking Protocol I've been using Aftershock, great combination

For those of you not familiar with it, it can be located here
I really have to say, I like Myogenix a lot. I am going to look back into all their products, I've taken some of them before. Thanks for the reminder.