Best OTC Sleep Aid?

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
I need to be knocked out from point A to point B without any interuptions. Any suggestions? What have you tried, over the counter, that worked pretty well? Thanks in advance!

LiGhT

NateScoggs34

NateScoggs34

Awards
I take GNC brand Melantonin 3.. It says to take one per 24 hours, but I take two before bed every night and I fall asleep in 20-30 mins for sure without waking up until the alarm clock goes off for am cardio. :)

indianballer

indianballer

Awards
  • Established
If you can find it buy some dormin...it's like ten bucks for 30 caps...People cut heroin with it because it knocks you out so fast

melatonin never worked for me

Dormin is the best OTC
Zyprex or Seroquel are the best Rx

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say

SEARCH

We covered this last week.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
Technically we cover this every other week.

:laugh2:
TRUE STATEMENT lol. melatonin and gaba are money sleep supplements for sure. i actually picked up some Sleep MD a while back which contains a low dose of melatonin. the box lasts quite a while for me because i break the pills in half, so i get 2 nights out of one. i found that when i take a whole one i get knocked out TOO QUICKLY lol, have craaaaaaaazy a$$ dreams the whole night, and unfortunately am a little bit groggy the next morning. just my 2 cents...

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
equate allergy pills - 25mg of diphenhydramine x 2.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
If the counter you speak of is a local supplement shop or two that i'm sure I can't mention on here......then the answer is Somnidren GH ;)

rosco1234

Awards
melatonin and valerian root work very well for me

SprintGuy

SprintGuy

Awards
Muscle Pharm's Bulletproof didn't help me sleep because i don't have trouble falling a sleep, but it helps me STAY asleep, i mean this last week has been the best week of sleep in my life.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
i personally liked X-Dream by IBE
i usually wake up 3 times at night which is a problem
but i stayed asleep for a good 9 hours without waking up in the middle of the night when i was taking X-Dream

southstar99

Awards
Tylenol PM always works for me, but the best I have ever used was a generic brand I found at walmart, unfortunately I never found it again- and I tried hard.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
These all work, posted in order of effectiveness:

Somnidren
Reduction PM
Nocturnabol
Scivation Knockout
CC Mega Sleep Aid

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doxylamine succonate (unisom tabs, not liquid jells) It's been stated numerous times that it's the most powerful otc hypnotic without prescription.

Jay V 24

Jay V 24

Banned
Awards
Diphenhydramine, melatonin, Doxylamine, 5-htp, kava, valerian, gaba, phenibut, and sometimes a low dose of DXM.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say

We covered this last week.
Indeed I remember the thread. I also remember considing Poison's suggestion as being a bit dodgy. Poison replied ... not if you cycle as instructed.

I thought the product was Millenium Techs. stuff, I thought I objected to it having melatonin in it. Looking at Millenium Techs stuff ... no melatonin. It could have been I objected to the phenibut..

It makes me question if I'd got the right product. What product did he recommend. I can't find the thread at all.

I get things wrong, normally because I often post "from the top of my head" without checking stuff up I'm not 100% about. Getting stuff wrong when I want to be 100% sure is a bit worrying.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
These all work, posted in order of effectiveness:

Somnidren
Reduction PM
Nocturnabol
Scivation Knockout
CC Mega Sleep Aid
Yeah okay it was Somnidren Poison recommended. Surprising when you do a thread second time around what drops out.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Doxylamine succonate (unisom tabs, not liquid jells) It's been stated numerous times that it's the most powerful otc hypnotic without prescription.
It would also have other powerful "effects"

Combine it with yohimbine if you have side-effects ;)

This is a really good post. I get hay fever and this could have two uses. I'm not sure at all though that it will cause HGh release.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Diphenhydramine, melatonin, Doxylamine, 5-htp, kava, valerian, gaba, phenibut, and sometimes a low dose of DXM.
This is a great post. Passion flower and lemon balm could be added to the list along with GABOB, oh and I suppose you could add straight tryptophan. Scrapping the barrel a bit lavender could be added but that is more about aroma therapy :(

Oh of course 1-carboxy is the classic night-time supplement along with theanine. I use white tea for my theanine intake BTW - its a very green tea (China) or mild tea (Japan). In case I don't bore everyone green tea is about the balance between theanine and caffeine. The "white" teas have high theanine to caffeine so are good at night, blancha, (possibly sencha) and I forget .. Mao Feng?? I might have got the "white" tea confused with a "green" tea.

Thats about everything.

froggy543

froggy543

Awards
i personally liked X-Dream by IBE
i usually wake up 3 times at night which is a problem
but i stayed asleep for a good 9 hours without waking up in the middle of the night when i was taking X-Dream
X2 ~ 2 caps of X-Dream and im out for 9 hours..

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Yeah okay it was Somnidren Poison recommended. Surprising when you do a thread second time around what drops out.
Somnidren was the first thing suggested in this thread. I didn't see the last thread you're speaking of...so i'm not really sure what you're talking about from that one. but I know Poison suggested Somnidren in this thread, and i'm sure theres a great deal of people who agree with him :cheers:

h22t88

Awards
Diphenhydramine (Benadryl). 400 25mg pills for $4 at Costco. It's labeled 'Allergy Medicine'

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Kava is interesting. Banned in many countries ... not the US.

Associated with liver damage.
Kava for real? is this the same Kava from Fiji island. if so you boy are crazy... The kava root I get form Fiji make my body numb and use it to for partys in a big punch bowel and I do not know if it will help you sleep but Come On Kava??// just sying I am islandboy we still get tanked up on some kava kava!

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Never used it, all derivatives are strictly banned in the UK for sale or even import. Whole root I think is okay.

I think the problem is the stems and the leaves not the root. You guys know how to prepare it. Its been used for 000s years by you guys safely. Whats certain is that it ain't a sleeping supplement - no sedation.

meathed

meathed

Awards
I like melatonin but it has been shown to lower LH and FSH production. Not good at any time really. I'm not sure as to what degree this takes place however. There are numerous natural sources of tropane alkaloids that are easily obtained in bulk via the internet. They can be toxic as they are classified as a poison, but some have efficacy in prescription medicine. One such drug is transdermal scopolamine. Plants that are common and easily source include; Henbane, Belladonna and Mandrake to name a few. Some are considered a hallucinogen, but high does would be required to breach this threshold.