Best Nootropic For Mood And Happiness

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OK, so I took Gray Matter again for my night shift....haha!

This time it hit more like the first night, nice mental clarity and alert. I do notice I have been more socially assertive and I drove to work rather aggressively...speeding, shifting lanes and such. I felt like I was in complete control though and aware of everything around me.

Interested to order/try some Evomuse Clear Edge for sure though..

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Probably 1500mg of aniracetam, good amount of fats and some choline

Very subtle effects but anything with work, study it absolutely gets you into the zone
Aniracetam has the same "foggy" effect on me, unless I use it between a 7:1-10:1 ratio Piracetam:Aniracetam.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meh, it is in so many products nowadays that it has become old hat...
I'm just looking at single ingredients especially when compared to Noopept.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm just looking at single ingredients especially when compared to Noopept.
I was just kidding...:)
I had never heard of it...I looked it up and it sounds like fun to me!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was just kidding...:)
I had never heard of it...I looked it up and it sounds like fun to me!
It's pretty incredible. I had thought that I couldn't use it in CLear Edge, but now I am finding evidence that it might be considered a Tryptophan metabolite so I'm considering it.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
As far as single ingredients go I've heard and read a lot of good things about the cognitive enhancement of SAMe. It has other health benefits too, it helps detoxify the liver and increase blood flow to the brain. The only downside I can see is that it could take up to two months to even start feeling the effects, even with daily use.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
As far as single ingredients go I've heard and read a lot of good things about the cognitive enhancement of SAMe. It has other health benefits too, it helps detoxify the liver and increase blood flow to the brain. The only downside I can see is that it could take up to two months to even start feeling the effects, even with daily use.
Plus the price tag....

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
It's pretty incredible. I had thought that I couldn't use it in CLear Edge, but now I am finding evidence that it might be considered a Tryptophan metabolite so I'm considering it.
I hadn’t heard of this compound previously. Are there any data on oral bioavailability? Because sure the compound may work but how do we know the dose needed for efficacy, and whether or not it even crosses the BBB.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SAMe depends on what sort of methylator you are. Me personally, SAMe makes me irritable as **** and foggy.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hadn’t heard of this compound previously. Are there any data on oral bioavailability? Because sure the compound may work but how do we know the dose needed for efficacy, and whether or not it even crosses the BBB.
I can only go on about 7 years of experimentation. 20mg is like mental dynamite for me.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
It's actually pretty reasonable, I found 60 100mg caps for a tenner ($13).

Thanks for your experience man. I appreciate that.
You have to run the product at 1600 mg per day to get any clinically significant effect. So that’s 4 days lol

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can only go on about 7 years of experimentation. 20mg is like mental dynamite for me.
What are you thoughts on gotu kola?? Some people love and say it's one the best nootropic and some say they had it and put them into a zombie like state

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are you thoughts on gotu kola?? Some people love and say it's one the best nootropic and some say they had it and put them into a zombie like state
It's not even on my top 50, honestly. People mistake stimulant for nootropic...just getting jacked up doesn't really increase my creativity at all, and usually blurs my understanding.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are you thoughts on gotu kola?? Some people love and say it's one the best nootropic and some say they hate it and put them into a zombie like state

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Gave me diarrhea literally every time. And not many supps do that for me. It’s MOA is similar to bacopa. Pretty sure it can increase dendritic arborization with chronic use

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You input and experience is always appreciated, I always learn about something new from you lol. Glad to see you around the forums a bit more these days!

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
so regarding "9-beta-methyl-carboline"...is this something that is produced/manufactured by any reputable companies in the US (or at least imported and sold in the US), or is this something Id have to order from an overseas supplier? Im really in the dark with this compound haven't seen it on any of the nootropic sites I used to buy from frequently.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so regarding "9-beta-methyl-carboline"...is this something that is produced/manufactured by any reputable companies in the US (or at least imported and sold in the US), or is this something Id have to order from an overseas supplier? Im really in the dark with this compound haven't seen it on any of the nootropic sites I used to buy from frequently.
Hyrdapharma produces a capped version that is sold at predator

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
SAMe depends on what sort of methylator you are. Me personally, SAMe makes me irritable as **** and foggy.
We must be similar methylators. I get very foggy, more confused, and somewhat lethargic from SAMe. Rough on my stomach too..

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll see if I can get a kilo sent out to divide up and sell at cost.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What effects does this compound give?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What effects does this compound give?
I refer back to my last post...it's like mental dynamite. I've only gotten the effect using it with Clear Edge, but it's like someone tossed a string of firecrackers into my head, with each pop being a creative impulse.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I refer back to my last post...it's like mental dynamite. I've only gotten the effect using it with Clear Edge, but it's like someone tossed a string of firecrackers into my head, with each pop being a creative impulse.
lol that's a helluva description.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you use 15mg? It looks like that's what the caps are. I see 1g for $80, which comes out to $1.20 per 15mg dose.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone here try phenylethlyamine with an mao-b inhibitor?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Phenlyracetam, choline and some stims

Awesome

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
phenibut. but its some nasty stuff im fairly sure it gave me night terrors (sleep paralyis) as i never had it beofre and i havent had any since i threw it out. couldve been a coincidence but we will never know.

also sulbutiamine gave me a euphoria the first couple times i took it but then never again.

I like focusxt but its not super impressing by any means.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
phenibut. but its some nasty stuff im fairly sure it gave me night terrors (sleep paralyis) as i never had it beofre and i havent had any since i threw it out. couldve been a coincidence but we will never know.

also sulbutiamine gave me a euphoria the first couple times i took it but then never again.

I like focusxt but its not super impressing by any means.
You want night terrors...try Piana's "Knocked the fck out", literally bro the worst most violent nightmare's I've ever had, never in 25yrs of supp use have I ever encountered this type of mental trauma. My wife said I literally jumped from the bed to the floor in my sleep. After I stopped using it, all went back to normal.

Lol they ought to use this chit to torture prisoners with. After like 5x, I put the lid back on, put in the basement on the shelf never to be touched again.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I love SAMe when stacked with other methyl doners like folic acid and methyl-folate. Good stuff for my brain!

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about frontloading ALCAR followed by daily dosing of ALCAR for brain and cognitive improvements?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I’ve never heard of front loading ALCAR and don’t think it would even work in that fashion. Just do 2-3 g acutely or .5-1 gram (sub)chronically.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't thinking loading ALCAR is a good idea...
Yeah I’ve never heard of front loading ALCAR and don’t think it would even work in that fashion. Just do 2-3 g acutely or .5-1 gram (sub)chronically.
Thanks for your input/replies guys. ALCAR is supposed to be one of the best substances to improve overall brain health, so just thought a frontload might help increase acetylcholine levels faster before continuing with a staple daily dose.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your input/replies guys. ALCAR is supposed to be one of the best substances to improve overall brain health, so just thought a frontload might help increase acetylcholine levels faster before continuing with a staple daily dose.
It’s definitely a great compound but with anything that can affect chemicals in the brain (which is what the acetyl group does...and not just acetylcholine but also serotonin is increased) you want to start small if anything then go higher. High doses of ALCAR believe it or not have been mentioned in case studies as precipitating manic episodes. Even high doses of fish oil have also precipitated manic episodes. Any compound that directly or indirectly increases serotonin can do this and while deff rare for this compound, I’d hate someone to realize they are bipolar and get a manic episode from super high doses of ALCAR lol. That being said just stick to the above doses and you’ll be good to go.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about frontloading ALCAR followed by daily dosing of ALCAR for brain and cognitive improvements?
By front loading, do you mean higher doses for a period of time? If so, be careful, I had too much ALCAR once and had nausea for several hours, eventually throwing up.

High doses of ALCAR may cause some gastrointestinal symptoms, which include vomiting, abdominal cramps, diarrhea and nausea. Some users report high doses of ALCAR causing a fishy body odor.
https://www.livestrong.com/article/503438-side-effects-of-alpha-lipoic-acid-and-acetyl-l-carnitine/

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
By front loading, do you mean higher doses for a period of time?
That was my initial idea, but after reading people's replies and thoughts I think I'll just stick to 2g per day and go from there.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
That was my initial idea, but after reading people's replies and thoughts I think I'll just stick to 2g per day and go from there.
You should deff notice effects from that dose after only a few days if not the first day. It won’t always be super apparent. But you’ll make less “careless” mistakes if you were doing any type of math or computing. And you’ll feel sharper in general. It’s deff one of the most reliable nootropic type compounds out there. If I had to choose only one I’d pick ALCAR