Best Nootropic For Mood And Happiness

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is the best single ingredient nootropic or nootropic supplement to enhance mood and to help increase the feeling of happiness?

Reps For Replies.

Thank You

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried NootropiMax yet? It gives me a nice clean mood boost. I have handed out a ton at work and everyone enjoys it. We might have some samples available too.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried NootropiMax yet? It gives me a nice clean mood boost. I have handed out a ton at work and everyone enjoys it. We might have some samples available too.
Was pretty good for improved mood. Op check my log on it. I don't have any other experience with noots to compare it to. But I can say without a doubt it put me in a better mood and made me relax a bit more. I waiting for clear edge be to re-released so I can compare them

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not really a nootropic but kratom does a great job of increasing mood. I've also recently started trying Vicaine and it also does a great job of increasing mood.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not really a nootropic but kratom does a great job of increasing mood. I've also recently started trying Vicaine and it also does a great job of increasing mood.
It depends on what OP is looking for; something that can be taken daily that will improve mood and also provide nootropic benefits, or something that shouldn't be taken more than a few time per week, and does carry a higher risk for dependence/abuse/etc.

Now, that's not saying there's anything wrong with kratom or Vicaine, as I have enjoyed both, but that they may not fit the bill of what OP is looking for, and are a different beast entirely compared to a nootropic that you can take daily.

OP, are you looking for something to take daily that will provide mood benefits as well as nootropic effects?

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It depends on what OP is looking for; something that can be taken daily that will improve mood and also provide nootropic benefits, or something that shouldn't be taken more than a few time per week, and does carry a higher risk for dependence/abuse/etc.

Now, that's not saying there's anything wrong with kratom or Vicaine, as I have enjoyed both, but that they may not fit the bill of what OP is looking for, and are a different beast entirely compared to a nootropic that you can take daily.

OP, are you looking for something to take daily that will provide mood benefits as well as nootropic effects?
Of course it depends on what OP is looking for. Since they didn't clarify, people are going to throw out ideas (like nootropimax with it's high caffeine content...which I would argue isn't suitable for daily use either as a result). I think most would assume anyone that posts such a question wouldn't just blindly take anything recommended but instead do their own research to see if it fits their needs.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is the best single ingredient nootropic or nootropic supplement to enhance mood and to help increase the feeling of happiness?

Reps For Replies.

Thank You
Ive had experience with quite a few. . I did Piracetam the granddaddy of all nootropics, mixed with choline, for three months nine years ago and logged my thoughts here. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/99393-smetons-piracetam-log-3.html

Hindsight is 20/20 but I dont know if it did anything. There are some studies on piracetam being the most researched nootropic and they looked promising . I simply dont know if it did anything, difficult to tell.

Ive done a log on sulbutiamine, maybe 2006 here. Dont know if that did anything, at the time I think it did.

Theres so many things that can be considered nootropics. If they can help someone great, I dont feel I need them now a days

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Of course it depends on what OP is looking for. Since they didn't clarify, people are going to throw out ideas (like nootropimax with it's high caffeine content...which I would argue isn't suitable for daily use either as a result). I think most would assume anyone that posts such a question wouldn't just blindly take anything recommended but instead do their own research to see if it fits their needs.
I've gone into great detail regarding the caffeine content, and have posted numerous studies supporting my claims that the caffeine content of something like NootropiMax is not prohibitive of daily use, and, despite what some people (or someone) would have you believe, moderate daily caffeine consumption (which the amount in NootropiMax falls under) is NOT detrimental in regards to long-term cognition, and may even be the opposite. If someone is very sensitive to caffeine, then having ~250mg caffeine may not be ideal, and a lot of people may want to take breaks from caffeine sometimes (which would mean it's fine to use daily as long as you take a break once in a while), but it is in no way an unhealthy dose, or a dose that will have a negative impact on cognition over time. It's 2-3 cups of coffee equivalent caffeine content. Should you take it the same day as a PWO with 350mg caffeine? Probably not, but you shouldn't really combine a stimulant fat burner with a strong PWO; does that mean that the fat burner inherently isn't good for daily use? No, it doesn't.

If you're going to try to tell me that using NootropiMax daily carries the same potential risks/drawbacks as using kratom/Vicaine daily, and/or is equally as "unsuitable" for daily use, then there's no point in even carrying on this conversation; even the people making/selling Vicaine/kratom will tell you you probably shouldn't use them daily.

Again, I'm not knocking kratom or Vicaine at all. I have used kratom many times and enjoy it, and have also used Vicaine a few times and enjoyed it as well, and I respect MA and have enjoyed talking with him. In fact, I use NootropiMax daily, and sometimes will have some kratom in the evening, or will use Vicaine on certain rare occasions instead of NootropiMax (I don't recommend combining the two).

I apologize if I misread/misinterpreted your post/intentions, but I've just seen a lot of people lately comparing things that are in no way similar (not singling you out), like people saying cocaine isn't that bad, and people comparing LSD to caffeine and suggesting it's a good alternative to it. I just want to make it known to anyone who may be reading this and may not be that educated on the subject, that kratom and Vicaine are entirely different beasts than something like NootropiMax or any other basic nootropic supplement.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I'm looking for something that I can easily take daily to make me happier and improve my general cognition.

It's on my 'To Try' list but I'm on a caffeine/stims break at the moment.

As I said above, I just want something to make me happier and improve my general cognition. I'm looking at NooPept, as it seems to be popular but after researching into it there doesn't seem to be any overall conclusion...Which is why I posted this thread.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've gone into great detail regarding the caffeine content, and have posted numerous studies supporting my claims that the caffeine content of something like NootropiMax is not prohibitive of daily use, and, despite what some people (or someone) would have you believe, moderate daily caffeine consumption (which the amount in NootropiMax falls under) is NOT detrimental in regards to long-term cognition, and may even be the opposite. If someone is very sensitive to caffeine, then having ~250mg caffeine may not be ideal, and a lot of people may want to take breaks from caffeine sometimes (which would mean it's fine to use daily as long as you take a break once in a while), but it is in no way an unhealthy dose, or a dose that will have a negative impact on cognition over time. It's 2-3 cups of coffee equivalent caffeine content. Should you take it the same day as a PWO with 350mg caffeine? Probably not, but you shouldn't really combine a stimulant fat burner with a strong PWO; does that mean that the fat burner inherently isn't good for daily use? No, it doesn't.

If you're going to try to tell me that using NootropiMax daily carries the same potential risks/drawbacks as using kratom/Vicaine daily, and/or is equally as "unsuitable" for daily use, then there's no point in even carrying on this conversation; even the people making/selling Vicaine/kratom will tell you you probably shouldn't use them daily.

Again, I'm not knocking kratom or Vicaine at all. I have used kratom many times and enjoy it, and have also used Vicaine a few times and enjoyed it as well, and I respect MA and have enjoyed talking with him. In fact, I use NootropiMax daily, and sometimes will have some kratom in the evening, or will use Vicaine on certain rare occasions instead of NootropiMax (I don't recommend combining the two).

I apologize if I misread/misinterpreted your post/intentions, but I've just seen a lot of people lately comparing things that are in no way similar (not singling you out), like people saying cocaine isn't that bad, and people comparing LSD to caffeine and suggesting it's a good alternative to it. I just want to make it known to anyone who may be reading this and may not be that educated on the subject, that kratom and Vicaine are entirely different beasts than something like NootropiMax or any other basic nootropic supplement.
Good thing I took some kratom before responding (and reading your last paragraph) and am in a much better mood now. :) Definitely no need to turn this into another nootropimax vs nootrol thread with discussions on caffeine.

My point about nootropimax was that it was recommended before asking if OP has anxiety issues, blood pressure issues, etc. Things that might react poorly to large amounts of caffeine. So, just asking if they're looking for something to take daily or occasionally doesn't cover everything either. At some point you have to assume they'll look into things further and make a decision based on their needs and how they respond to similar items. That being said, I will admit that I respond very poorly to caffeine but the one sample I tried of nootropimax didn't seem to aggravate things (even though one capsule is 3 times the amount of caffeine I can usually tolerate) and it did provide a subtle increase in mood.

I don't think we disagree on anything here...you're just taking a more proactive approach than most by getting more information before providing a recommendation. I don't do that and assume (rightfully or wrongly) that others research things sufficiently (like I do) before blindly trying something that was recommended.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've been taking our Veinquish which is a non stim fat burner but with the 7-keto and Ashwagandha really elevate the mood.

Solid dose and value for very long term use.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good thing I took some kratom before responding (and reading your last paragraph) and am in a much better mood now. :) Definitely no need to turn this into another nootropimax vs nootrol thread with discussions on caffeine.

My point about nootropimax was that it was recommended before asking if OP has anxiety issues, blood pressure issues, etc. Things that might react poorly to large amounts of caffeine. So, just asking if they're looking for something to take daily or occasionally doesn't cover everything either. At some point you have to assume they'll look into things further and make a decision based on their needs and how they respond to similar items. That being said, I will admit that I respond very poorly to caffeine but the one sample I tried of nootropimax didn't seem to aggravate things (even though one capsule is 3 times the amount of caffeine I can usually tolerate) and it did provide a subtle increase in mood.

I don't think we disagree on anything here...you're just taking a more proactive approach than most by getting more information before providing a recommendation. I don't do that and assume (rightfully or wrongly) that others research things sufficiently (like I do) before blindly trying something that was recommended.
Haha, yeah, I don't think we really disagree on anything here either. I suppose I was, as you said, being more proactive in making sure people were aware of the nature of kratom/Vicaine and the respect/caution that they really need to be treated with (people not respecting them is one reason why things get banned). I would hope that most people would be able to look at the supplement facts for something like NootropiMax and see if the caffeine content is fine for them (at 1 or 2 caps; or for the stim-fiends that like 3 haha) although there are other ingredients that should help "balance" the potential negative effects of caffeine. However, with something like kratom or tianeptine, simply looking at the supplement facts won't really paint the entire picture of the potential for addiction/dependence/abuse they may carry, so I wanted to make sure that anyone reading this doesn't just go out and buy some kratom/tianeptine/etc and start using it daily. Granted, I'd also hope that people would do at least basic research before buying/using something (not saying that OP doesn't, as there are likely other new people who may be reading this thread at some point), but you never know haha.

TL;DR: We cool :)

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Any other products recommended besides Nootropimax? Unfortunately I wasn't a responder to the product despite running the whole bottle :/

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been taking our Veinquish which is a non stim fat burner but with the 7-keto and Ashwagandha really elevate the mood.

Solid dose and value for very long term use.
Really hope I win one of the logging opportunities for this.
Fat loss and mood elevation!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[video=youtube;k4Na3zBX9Qc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Na3zBX9Qc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have any other suggestions? A mood elevating nootropic would be very versatile. Pre workout, at work, chores, etc.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone have any other suggestions? A mood elevating nootropic would be very versatile. Pre workout, at work, chores, etc.
Hmm... there aren't really that many nootropic supplements I'd recommend or personally use. We've already mentioned NootropiMax, and Focus XT is another pretty good basic nootropic supplement that you could always add things like adaptogens and/or racetams to if you wanted even more (caffeine or caffeine free). Clear Edge is another option without caffeine (I actually will sometimes combine 1 cap of NootropiMax with 2 caps of Clear Edge 2x daily to give me two doses of lower/mild caffeine and plenty of nootropic ingredients/doses).

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Hmm... there aren't really that many nootropic supplements I'd recommend or personally use. We've already mentioned NootropiMax, and Focus XT is another pretty good basic nootropic supplement that you could always add things like adaptogens and/or racetams to if you wanted even more (caffeine or caffeine free). Clear Edge is another option without caffeine (I actually will sometimes combine 1 cap of NootropiMax with 2 caps of Clear Edge 2x daily to give me two doses of lower/mild caffeine and plenty of nootropic ingredients/doses).
Clear edge is back in stock? It looks a bit pricey. Cheapest I'm finding is ~$50. What effects do you notice from taking just clear edge? It looks interesting! Thanks!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Clear edge is back in stock? It looks a bit pricey. Cheapest I'm finding is ~$50. What effects do you notice from taking just clear edge? It looks interesting! Thanks!
I bought one bottle back when it was on pre-sale, no idea if it's on sale now really. Honestly, I feel having it and NootropiMax gives me the ultimate nootropic stack and flexibility in dosing. If I want no stimulants I can just use Clear Edge, if I want decent stims I'll just use NootropiMax, and if I want low stims, I'll use half of each. This has allowed me to not use much Clear Edge at all (conserving it since it's apparently pretty rare haha). I honestly can't comment on how I like it for a run on its own, since I'm using it as a supplement to, or an occasional replacement for, another Nootropic product. They do have a few of the same ingredients though, like bacopa (which should be taken daily), so regardless of how I use/combine the two I get my full daily dose of bacopa. Both also have CDP-Choline and huperzine-A, which go well together too. It should be able to improve focus and cognition acutely to a degree, and continue to improve with regular use. Some mood improvements and reductions in stress may also come as well (bacopa may help with this), but I wouldn't expect much/any "energy" you'd feel from something like caffeine or other stimulants. Mental energy may be improved though, so that's a potential plus. If I'm being entirely honest, NootropiMax and Clear Edge are the only two nootropic supplements I've paid for in a long time; if I had to pick just one it'd be NootropiMax (both because I like the caffeine/theacrine/theanine/ornithine combo and because I think it's a bit more affordable), but I am also confident recommending Clear Edge for someone who either wants no/little caffeine or just doesn't respond well to NootropiMax (although I can't really guarantee you will respond well to Clear Edge or any product for that matter). Focus XT is also another alternative that I think is a lot easier on the wallet than Clear Edge but still has a pretty solid profile.

Hopefully that helps. You could always go the individual ingredient route and see what works best for you. I have suggestions for that route too haha.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
I bought one bottle back when it was on pre-sale, no idea if it's on sale now really. Honestly, I feel having it and NootropiMax gives me the ultimate nootropic stack and flexibility in dosing. If I want no stimulants I can just use Clear Edge, if I want decent stims I'll just use NootropiMax, and if I want low stims, I'll use half of each. This has allowed me to not use much Clear Edge at all (conserving it since it's apparently pretty rare haha). I honestly can't comment on how I like it for a run on its own, since I'm using it as a supplement to, or an occasional replacement for, another Nootropic product. They do have a few of the same ingredients though, like bacopa (which should be taken daily), so regardless of how I use/combine the two I get my full daily dose of bacopa. Both also have CDP-Choline and huperzine-A, which go well together too. It should be able to improve focus and cognition acutely to a degree, and continue to improve with regular use. Some mood improvements and reductions in stress may also come as well (bacopa may help with this), but I wouldn't expect much/any "energy" you'd feel from something like caffeine or other stimulants. Mental energy may be improved though, so that's a potential plus. If I'm being entirely honest, NootropiMax and Clear Edge are the only two nootropic supplements I've paid for in a long time; if I had to pick just one it'd be NootropiMax (both because I like the caffeine/theacrine/theanine/ornithine combo and because I think it's a bit more affordable), but I am also confident recommending Clear Edge for someone who either wants no/little caffeine or just doesn't respond well to NootropiMax (although I can't really guarantee you will respond well to Clear Edge or any product for that matter). Focus XT is also another alternative that I think is a lot easier on the wallet than Clear Edge but still has a pretty solid profile.

Hopefully that helps. You could always go the individual ingredient route and see what works best for you. I have suggestions for that route too haha.
Thanks for all of that man! I really appreciate the insight. I might have to give it a whirl to see how I respond. Thanks again!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for all of that man! I really appreciate the insight. I might have to give it a whirl to see how I respond. Thanks again!
No problem. I'm a big nootropic fan, so I'm happy to help.

pbandy1

Awards
For someone that is clinically depressed, or no? If someone has MDD, supplements aren't going to do much and that's something you need to discuss with your doctor. Exercise, stress relief and medication can be very effective MDD or PDD/dysthmia.

Otherwise, I haven't found much in the way of improving mood by supps. Caffeine and NALT work short-term because the dopamine boost, but after a few days the effects seem to be negligible. Cdp-choline, not much unfortunately. Maybe a little focus but mood-wise not much.

Ashwagandha seems to work for some, not me unfortunately.

Honestly the first thing that comes to mind is micro-dose psychedelics.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For someone that is clinically depressed, or no? If someone has MDD, supplements aren't going to do much and that's something you need to discuss with your doctor. Exercise, stress relief and medication can be very effective MDD or PDD/dysthmia.

Otherwise, I haven't found much in the way of improving mood by supps. Caffeine and NALT work short-term because the dopamine boost, but after a few days the effects seem to be negligible. Cdp-choline, not much unfortunately. Maybe a little focus but mood-wise not much.

Ashwagandha seems to work for some, not me unfortunately.

Honestly the first thing that comes to mind is micro-dose psychedelics.
No supplement is intended to treat/cure clinical depression; they're not even allowed to claim to do that. Also, the vast majority of promising research on tyrosine was using l-tyrosine, and the research comparing LT to NALT shows that LT is superior. Ashwagandha is a good option, and rhodiola is another option too.

As for psychedelics, that's really a different beast entirely. You inherently run a higher chance of abuse/addiction/etc with these drugs than you do with normal nootropic products, so extra care/caution/respect should be taken as to not dose too high or too often. Using psychedelics to improve mood should certainly be effective, haha, but caution should be taken, and I feel a responsibility to point this out to anyone who may be reading this, that while they can certainly be used safely and responsibly, there are naturally going to be more potential risks involved, and more care/caution should be taken when using them compared to your normal nootropic supplements.

Again, I'm not intending to sound like a buzz kill or a broken record, or to attack you at all, it's just that I've seen quite a few people recommending LSD and/or other psychedelic drugs as alternatives to caffeine and even someone saying that cocaine isn't that bad. I'm all for people being allowed/able to use whatever they want, but they should be as educated and informed as possible before making these decisions.

pbandy1

Awards
No supplement is intended to treat/cure clinical depression; they're not even allowed to claim to do that. Also, the vast majority of promising research on tyrosine was using l-tyrosine, and the research comparing LT to NALT shows that LT is superior. Ashwagandha is a good option, and rhodiola is another option too.

As for psychedelics, that's really a different beast entirely. You inherently run a higher chance of abuse/addiction/etc with these drugs than you do with normal nootropic products, so extra care/caution/respect should be taken as to not dose too high or too often. Using psychedelics to improve mood should certainly be effective, haha, but caution should be taken, and I feel a responsibility to point this out to anyone who may be reading this, that while they can certainly be used safely and responsibly, there are naturally going to be more potential risks involved, and more care/caution should be taken when using them compared to your normal nootropic supplements.

Again, I'm not intending to sound like a buzz kill or a broken record, or to attack you at all, it's just that I've seen quite a few people recommending LSD and/or other psychedelic drugs as alternatives to caffeine and even someone saying that cocaine isn't that bad. I'm all for people being allowed/able to use whatever they want, but they should be as educated and informed as possible before making these decisions.
I've had more success with NALT than l-tyrosine, regardless of what one study says about absorption.

I would argue strongly that taking something like tianeptine, an ingredient in Vicaine, has a much higher chance of abuse and withdrawal then microdosing LSD or mushrooms. All of tianeptine's downstream effects are entirely due to mu opioid agonism - not a sustainable solution.

I agree with you that caution should be warranted when considering serotonergic 'gray areas' such as LSD and should be discussed with a doctor. However, keep in mind I am coming at this post from more of a "happiness/anti-depressant" solution, as opposed to short-term mood boost. 5-HT1A activation on post-synaptic receptors is a reason why some SSRIs work, and why pharma is focusing on 5-HT1A biased agonism drugs (and other receptors) that are known to induce "happiness" effects such as increased sociability, sex drive/arousal less ED, & reduced fatigue. Hell, 5-ht1a post-synaptic activation can even have a two-pronged effect on dopamine, enhancing its release in the medial PFC/striatum/hippocampus and thus playing a role in the antidepressant/anxiolytic effects.

Well I think I've successfully derailed this thread off the original topic. :p

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've had more success with NALT than l-tyrosine, regardless of what one study says about absorption.

I would argue strongly that taking something like tianeptine, an ingredient in Vicaine, has a much higher chance of abuse and withdrawal then microdosing LSD or mushrooms. All of tianeptine's downstream effects are entirely due to mu opioid agonism - not a sustainable solution.

I agree with you that caution should be warranted when considering serotonergic 'gray areas' such as LSD and should be discussed with a doctor. However, keep in mind I am coming at this post from more of a "happiness/anti-depressant" solution, as opposed to short-term mood boost. 5-HT1A activation on post-synaptic receptors is a reason why some SSRIs work, and why pharma is focusing on 5-HT1A biased agonism drugs (and other receptors) that are known to induce "happiness" effects such as increased sociability, sex drive/arousal less ED, & reduced fatigue. Hell, 5-ht1a post-synaptic activation can even have a two-pronged effect on dopamine, enhancing its release in the medial PFC/striatum/hippocampuselease and thus playing a role in the antidepressant/anxiolytic effects.

Well I think I've successfully derailed this thread off the original topic. :p
Haha, Vicaine isn't exactly an average supplement either;with flmodafinil and tianeptine I don't even know if I'd call it a supplement in the most technical sense of the word, and I certainly wouldn't use it daily (with that said, I have used it in moderation and enjoyed it). On a somewhat similar note, kratom is great for mood, but I wouldn't use it daily at all either. By a normal nootropic supplement (something suitable for daily use) I was talking things like caffeine, cholines, AChE-Is, adaptogens, tyrosine/ALCAR, and racetams being the "farthest" I'm talking about (i.e. no -finils).

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does Choline (Alpha-GPC and CDP) have a build up effect, As in, does it continue to improve cognition the longer you take it?

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[video=youtube;k4Na3zBX9Qc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Na3zBX9Qc&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Thanks for the NootropiMax recommendation, but as I said above, I'm trying to avoid caffeine and other stims.
Is there any stim free ingredient/compound... be it an amino acid, a precursor, a spice, a mineral, a vitamin, a natural extract, etc that works on the brain directly to improve mood and increase happinness?

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the NootropiMax recommendation, but as I said above, I'm trying to avoid caffeine and other stims.
Is there any stim free ingredient/compound... be it an amino acid, a precursor, a spice, a mineral, a vitamin, a natural extract, etc that works on the brain directly to improve mood and increase happinness?
The only thing I can think of that seems to work for me personally is eria jarensis but unfortunately I'm not sure it's available in an isolated form. It's mainly included in pre workouts. However, there might be some stim free pre workouts with it. Apart from that I'm hoping other people have better suggestions

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only thing I can think of that seems to work for me personally is eria jarensis but unfortunately I'm not sure it's available in an isolated form. It's mainly included in pre workouts. However, there might be some stim free pre workouts with it. Apart from that I'm hoping other people have better suggestions
Eria Jarensis is a stimulant so it would not be in a stim free product.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Eria Jarensis is a stimulant so it would not be in a stim free product.
Is the stimulatory effect significant though? I don't think there's much anecdotal evidence of it being taken solo to my knowledge

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could look into zembrin (source naturals and doctor's best make it). It's a patented extract of kanna which acts as a dual 5-HT reuptake and PDE4 inhibitor. It's something that can be taken daily. I've tried that in the past and it works pretty good with improving mood.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could look into zembrin (source naturals and doctor's best make it). It's a patented extract of kanna which acts as a dual 5-HT reuptake and PDE4 inhibitor. It's something that can be taken daily. I've tried that in the past and it works pretty good with improving mood.
Thanks for your input man.
What dose were you taking and how long did it take before you noticed the improvements?

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took 25 mg once to twice each day. Effects (improved mood and more energy) were almost immediate and seemed to stabilize as it was taken continuously. However, I will say that I found it to be a little bit too stimulating (why I stopped taking it). So, if you have anxiety issues that could be a problem (based on reviews not everyone experiences that though).

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took 25 mg once to twice each day. Effects (improved mood and more energy) were almost immediate and seemed to stabilize as it was taken continuously. However, I will say that I found it to be a little bit too stimulating (why I stopped taking it). So, if you have anxiety issues that could be a problem (based on reviews not everyone experiences that though).
Nope, no anxiety issues at the moment.
How did you take it, as in with food or without food, timing etc?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does Choline (Alpha-GPC and CDP) have a build up effect, As in, does it continue to improve cognition the longer you take it?
Choline does seem to be more effective with continued use. There are not many human studies comparing acute to continued use, and human studies have found it has acute effects, but animal studies have shown that continued use is superior to only acute use. Animal studies have also shown synergism with piracetam, which may also translate to other racetams/Noopept.
Ashwagandha, rhodiola, sceletium, and sage come to mind for individual ingredients.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
These things can help subtlety I think , from my experience , at least for me. Ive never had major break thoughs with them to my knowledge, that doesnt mean someone else cant and it doesnt mean it didnt help me. Ive done alpha gpc quite a bit.

Does anyone consider l-dopa a nootropic?

I used 99% l-dopa ( mucuna pruriens) well over a year straight and I think it unbalanced by causing dopamine to go high and serotonin too low. I ended up using a potent serotonin releaser and got serotonin syndrome. I looked at some studies and I think the reason could have been too much l-dopa for too long and when i used the serotonin releaser it was so strong from dopamine being so high , serotonin so low, that it flooded by brain. I could be wrong, its very possible though. i caution anyone dont use l-dopa more than a couple months at a time.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Bromantane if you're willing to pay for it, nothing compares

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Phenylpiracetam solo is really useless for me, weak focus with small amount of energy. BUT when taken with choline donor (CDP for me personally) it starts working in complete different manner - really great focus with good euphoria
Also Kanna Zembrin is awesome

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you don't need and aren't looking for what several in this thread are trying to suggest, no offense meant at all to those guys. If I had to make one recommendation it would be aniracetam. Studied as a mild anti-depressant, and for many works very well as a cognitive enhanced. You could also look into KSM-66.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you don't need and aren't looking for what several in this thread are trying to suggest, no offense meant at all to those guys. If I had to make one recommendation it would be aniracetam. Studied as a mild anti-depressant, and for many works very well as a cognitive enhanced. You could also look into KSM-66.
KSM-66 is always a good recommendation for mood (and it does have potential cognitive benefits). Tongkat ali also has some studies showing it can improve mood, but it isn't really a nootropic, although it is an adaptogen, and may theoretically provide benefits to various things at certain "times of stress." Both ashwagandha and tongkat ali have been shown to reduce stress/anxiety, improve mood, and also reduce cortisol and improve hormone balance (adaptogens). Rhodiola is another adaptogen that can provide cognitive benefits in the context of reducing fatigue, and has also been shown/noted to improve mood and reduce anxiety. Bacopa has well documented/demonstrated nootropic effects, and has also been shown to reduce anxiety. These are all potentially useful herbs/extracts worth looking into IMO.

Also, I do think that certain combinations/ingredients are worth mentioning. For example, caffeine use is so ubiquitous, that is seems logical enough to mention ingredients like ornithine HCL (which as been shown to potentiate the effects of caffeine on mood and duration) and theanine (which is also synergistic with caffeine and can help to reduce anxiety that people may get with caffeine; and that reduction in potential anxiety would indirectly improve mood).

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In general, anything that is going to increase dopamine levels.

The two I would recommend trying:
L-tyrosine
SAM-e

Of course, kratom is fantastic for this as well.

pbandy1

Awards
In general, anything that is going to increase dopamine levels.

The two I would recommend trying:
L-tyrosine
SAM-e

Of course, kratom is fantastic for this as well.
ah, SAM-e, I forgot. Actually some evidence for this in mood/diagnosed depression.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
I always enjoy reading your insightful posts good sir. I 100% agree with all statements you have made, and especially like what you say in your last paragraph regarding some combinations are worth mentioning. In my reply I was more speaking in regards to the OP asking a very basic question, which can absolutely have many answers - but I have a small amount of disdain towards reps (not you at all, this is a very generalized statement) immediately pushing their companies product when there are usually much better simple/cheaper solutions.

pbandy1

Awards
Is there addiction/abuse potential with this one?
no, although it is very hard to find right now. You'll have to order it from certain nootropics vendors from Russia, but with bitcoins which is in a pain in the ass to pay with and so far I haven't figured it out lol. Ceretropic can't even find pure powder so it will be out of stock for awhile.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
no, although it is very hard to find right now. You'll have to order it from certain nootropics vendors from Russia, but with bitcoins which is in a pain in the ass to pay with and so far I haven't figured it out lol. Ceretropic can't even find pure powder so it will be out of stock for awhile.
Nootropicsource has it.