Been On Prop For 1 1/2 Weeks Now...

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am not feeling the super human strength or the explosive muscle gains that I thought are instant with prop. This is my first cycle. I'm 23, weight 200 at about 14%bodyfat, and Im eating about 4000 calories a day. I workout 3 times a week, doing full body workouts. When am I going to start feeling super human or see some huge gains? All I feel right now is tired, and maybe a bit more strength when I workout, and the occasional flu.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I am not feeling the super human strength or the explosive muscle gains that I thought are instant with prop. This is my first cycle. I'm 23, weight 200 at about 14%bodyfat, and Im eating about 4000 calories a day. I workout 3 times a week, doing full body workouts. When am I going to start feeling super human or see some huge gains? All I feel right now is tired, and maybe a bit more strength when I workout, and the occasional flu.
*sigh* *sigh* mother-fuckin' *sigh*

1.5 weeks is NOT very long at all. Yeah, prop has a 3 day t1/2, but some people don't feel it's full effects for up to 3 weeks!

Now, on to this "super-human" talk....nevermind. Just remember this: don't ever expect to feel "super-human". (Unless you can put the exaggeration into context OR have a great imagination.)

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but it's all too often that I read these questions (threads) that come off as very ill-informed, thus not AAS ready as a user.

cobra1414

Awards
No kidding. You aren't going to blow up in 1.5 weeks, and you aren't going to get "superhuman" strength in that amount of time either.

Work

Awards
*sigh* *sigh* mother-fuckin' *sigh*

1.5 weeks is NOT very long at all. Yeah, prop has a 3 day t1/2, but some people don't feel it's full effects for up to 3 weeks!

Now, on to this "super-human" talk....nevermind. Just remember this: don't ever expect to feel "super-human". (Unless you can put the exaggeration into context OR have a great imagination.)

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but it's all too often that I read these questions (threads) that come off as very ill-informed, thus not AAS ready as a user.
Now this touches on something I wanted to start a thread about. Props half life.

Everyone says shoot EOD. Yet the half life is 3-4 days. If that's the case, why EOD? Also, if EOD is correct, why would it take 1-2 weeks to feel anything? The whole thing makes no sense to me.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
work, it just effects everybody differently. There are general guidelines as far as effects/sides/peak of cycle/ gains made,/ flu, etc. but they are not written in stone.

For myself, prop begins to raise my libido, make have flu/night sweats, etc. within the first week. But honestly my strength gains only start to appear until the 3rd-4th week or so. Now someone with better genetics for example may feel it better/faster and make better gains of course with that.

Test doesn't really give me all that much benefit until I hit the one gram mark or rather just below it.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am at 500 mg a week, first cycle dose. This is the start of my third week and I still don't feel anything. Strength is pretty much the same, and I am still getting sore after workouts the next day. With Juice arn't you suposed to recover faster and be able to workout again the next day? Do you think Sesathin could be causing anything at the regular dosage?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I am at 500 mg a week, first cycle dose. This is the start of my third week and I still don't feel anything. Strength is pretty much the same, and I am still getting sore after workouts the next day. With Juice arn't you suposed to recover faster and be able to workout again the next day? Do you think Sesathin could be causing anything at the regular dosage?
500mg a week is good.

before blaming the gear, examine the diet. post it up.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
AAS will let you train a little more/harder at times, but overtraining is still possible. How were your gains coming along prior to the beginning the cycle? It's possible that your full body workout 3times/week is OT'ing you. I know for damn sure it would OT me, even when on 2grams of AAS/week. Other than that, you should look at the diet....if you ain't gaining then something needs adressed.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
AAS will let you train a little more/harder at times, but overtraining is still possible. How were your gains coming along prior to the beginning the cycle? It's possible that your full body workout 3times/week is OT'ing you. I know for damn sure it would OT me, even when on 2grams of AAS/week. Other than that, you should look at the diet....if you ain't gaining then something needs adressed.
Bingo, overtraining, that's what I'd look at.

That and, well, it can take around 3+wks to feel the prop and he just finished week 2.

TheMyth, please post you diet and routine so we can give you a hand here. We all aren't going to agree, but we can most likely tell you if you're going to overtrain from your routine. Full body workouts are hard to recover from. Hell, practically nobody can continue to do those forever.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Now this touches on something I wanted to start a thread about. Props half life.

Everyone says shoot EOD. Yet the half life is 3-4 days. If that's the case, why EOD? Also, if EOD is correct, why would it take 1-2 weeks to feel anything? The whole thing makes no sense to me.
Ya know...I really couldn't give you an explaination that wasn't just theory :p

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established

It is just for stability of blood levels. Enan has a half life of 10,5 days and cyp 12 days, yet it is suggested to shoot 2 x a week. You certainly could get away with less, but for optimum body building purposes you really want your blood levels to be as steady as they can be.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My diet is around 4000 calories a day. I'm eating about 300 grms of protein day from lean meats, lean dairy, beans, and a few shakes. I'm getting about 400 grams of carbs a day from low GI foods, and a few high GI foods around my workouts. Now for the workout, I'm doing HST training. I hit up every muscle in my body 3 times a week for no more than 2 sets per body part per day. My reps for this week are 10, next week will be 5. The workout takes no more than an hour to do.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Diet looks good (well, the macro breakdown looks good enough to grow). but, according to those numbers you must bet getting 145g fat / day to hit 4k kcals??

If you don't start seeing results around wk4, I'd question a) overtraining b) gear

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
do you think I should drop the HST full body workout and go to a more traditional workout?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
please post your exact diet .. what you each with each meal and the times of the meals

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
My diet is around 4000 calories a day. I'm eating about 300 grms of protein day from lean meats, lean dairy, beans, and a few shakes. I'm getting about 400 grams of carbs a day from low GI foods, and a few high GI foods around my workouts. Now for the workout, I'm doing HST training. I hit up every muscle in my body 3 times a week for no more than 2 sets per body part per day. My reps for this week are 10, next week will be 5. The workout takes no more than an hour to do.

IMO unless you are a rank beginner 3 times per week on each muscle group is WAY too much.

I think 1 time per week is fine and keep the workout to LESS than 45 IMO>

CROWLER

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
IMO unless you are a rank beginner 3 times per week on each muscle group is WAY too much.

I think 1 time per week is fine and keep the workout to LESS than 45 IMO>

CROWLER
agreed. 5-day split is the gold standard for a reason (i couldnt do full-bodies 3x/week if i was friggin bionic)

i personally dont think your training regimen is very good, looking at what you've posted. 2 sets/day for a muscle group?? how do you hit: pectoralis major and minor, anterior and posterior delts (much less traps), or erectors and lats? what about legs??

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
agreed. 5-day split is the gold standard for a reason (i couldnt do full-bodies 3x/week if i was friggin bionic)

i personally dont think your training regimen is very good, looking at what you've posted. 2 sets/day for a muscle group?? how do you hit: pectoralis major and minor, anterior and posterior delts (much less traps), or erectors and lats? what about legs??
I think "full" body workouts are a bit too much for most people, but I'm following a higher frequency, lower volume program and it works well for me.

Each BP 2x/wk 1-2 working sets for each BP :D

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, maybe I read the HST program wrong. I know the stuff is legit now cuz Im really horny all the time and my balls are hugged against me all the time. My size and strength just isnt coming. And I am still always sore. I will go back to a 5 day split. Should I do each muscle group 2 times per week, or stay to hitting it once per week? How many exercises, sets, reps, and rest between sets should I be doing while on the juice? Should I still get sore like I am getting now? I'm having sex 2-3 times at least a day also everyday, is that going to affect my results? Sorry for all the Questions.

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
CROWLER
I disagree. I'm not a beginner and I like the traditional Bill Star 5x5 program. I gain great on it, both strength and size and use it for 4-6 weeks then switch to a 3x3 for a couple of weeks, take 4-5 days off and then start all over. Basically;
Monday: Squats, Benching, Rows
Weds: Squats, Military Presses, Deadlifts, Chins
Friday: Squats, Benching, Rows

Here is a link which describes it much better than I could.

http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/showthread.php?t=134233948&highlight=5x5*

Also Kyle's Russian Bench routine has you working the hell out of your upper body along with squats 3x/week. It also works great.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I disagree. I'm not a beginner and I like the traditional Bill Star 5x5 program. I gain great on it, both strength and size and use it for 4-6 weeks then switch to a 3x3 for a couple of weeks, take 4-5 days off and then start all over. Basically;
Monday: Squats, Benching, Rows
Weds: Squats, Military Presses, Deadlifts, Chins
Friday: Squats, Benching, Rows

Here is a link which describes it much better than I could.

http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/showthread.php?t=134233948&highlight=5x5%2A

Also Kyle's Russian Bench routine has you working the hell out of your upper body along with squats 3x/week. It also works great.
man that's a wild split. squats and back 3x/week? do you not curl or work triceps or traps (deads notwithstanding)? what about all the unaffected muscle groups? are you able to walk?

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
man that's a wild split. squats and back 3x/week? do you not curl or work triceps or traps (deads notwithstanding)? what about all the unaffected muscle groups? are you able to walk?
What muscle groups are unaffected? Triceps are hit plenty hard and for the bis there is the back work and the pullups/chins ( I alternate ). Traps get plenty of work as well. Calves are hit by all the squats.

Wlaking and sitting are fine. When I first started it coming off a trad. BB 5 day split I had a hard time with the leg pain but after about 2 weeks my body had simply adapted to it and then no probs. No OT, no pain ect. Just growth.

I did get VERY overtrained when, a year or so ago, I tried Arnold's split that he has for beginners in his book. It kicked my ass in so many ways. After about 1 month of it I was so out of whack that it took 2 weeks of rest to let my CNS recover. Never again will I try his splits, even when on.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What muscle groups are unaffected? Triceps are hit plenty hard and for the bis there is the back work and the pullups/chins ( I alternate ). Traps get plenty of work as well. Calves are hit by all the squats.

Wlaking and sitting are fine. When I first started it coming off a trad. BB 5 day split I had a hard time with the leg pain but after about 2 weeks my body had simply adapted to it and then no probs. No OT, no pain ect. Just growth.

I did get VERY overtrained when, a year or so ago, I tried Arnold's split that he has for beginners in his book. It kicked my ass in so many ways. After about 1 month of it I was so out of whack that it took 2 weeks of rest to let my CNS recover. Never again will I try his splits, even when on.
my bis and tris would laugh at me if i expected them to grow without isolating them. but everyone is different i guess.

i suspect that you're right about getting accustomed to higher frequency training, but i dont have enough hours in the week to isolate all the little ancillary groups that a 3-day split like that misses (traps, anterior and posterior delts, bis, "upper" chest, forearms, gastrocnemius, hammies)

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
my bis and tris would laugh at me if i expected them to grow without isolating them. but everyone is different i guess.

i suspect that you're right about getting accustomed to higher frequency training, but i dont have enough hours in the week to isolate all the little ancillary groups that a 3-day split like that misses (traps, anterior and posterior delts, bis, "upper" chest, forearms, gastrocnemius, hammies)
THere is no need to isolate very little ancillary muscle group, unless it is for stability/injury prevention purposes. While Im glad the old 5 day a week 1 muscle group thing is working for you, I would really recommend looking into other programs whether it be westside, HST, DC, or any other increased frequency program. There is a reason that pretty much any strength and conditioning program/coach has its athletes doing multi-joint excercises more than 1 time a week.

If you think you need to hit your front, middle and rear shoulders individually to "fully" work them your fooling yourself. Hell between some HIIT cardio (speed cleans and 1 arm snatches) and incline bench.....I do 1 set of shoulders a week. This week it was military db's...95x8 (just to put the proof in the pudding...and I weigh about 190.)

On a separate note....overtraining on any routine is definetly a possibility, and could be the case for this poster. How is your CNS feeling on the 3 full body routine? Are you going to failure etc?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
THere is no need to isolate very little ancillary muscle group, unless it is for stability/injury prevention purposes. While Im glad the old 5 day a week 1 muscle group thing is working for you, I would really recommend looking into other programs whether it be westside, HST, DC, or any other increased frequency program. There is a reason that pretty much any strength and conditioning program/coach has its athletes doing multi-joint excercises more than 1 time a week.

If you think you need to hit your front, middle and rear shoulders individually to "fully" work them your fooling yourself. Hell between some HIIT cardio (speed cleans and 1 arm snatches) and incline bench.....I do 1 set of shoulders a week. This week it was military db's...95x8 (just to put the proof in the pudding...and I weigh about 190.)

On a separate note....overtraining on any routine is definetly a possibility, and could be the case for this poster. How is your CNS feeling on the 3 full body routine? Are you going to failure etc?
Amen :thumbsup:

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
I made a new thread in the exercise forum so we can continue our discussion and not be totally OT for the guy who started the thread.

I answer Scottyo's question about failure here
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?p=313681#post313681

Same old, Kwckemynd00, Scottyo and anyone else, please continue the discussion there. I enjoy this kind of thing. Coming from BB.com, intelligent discussion is still rather new to me :D