Becoming ICONIC with Icon One (sponsored)

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rip deck? Lol, it looks like an app for playing cards.. I'm android.
You can still get it on Android I believe. It is cards...each suit is a predetermined exercise, and the face value is the number you do of them. So if hearts is pushups and spades are burpees..
You pull the 10 of hearts...10 pushups
Then you pull the 10 of spades...
10 burpees. And it times it all for you, and records it so you can compare. I know SEVERAL Navy SEALS that use it, while deployed especially.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol, my parents, being the ol hippies that they are, are up in the Alabama mountains, safe and away from everyone.
My parents and grandparents need to do that for a month as well to get away from the public since they're most at risk.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My parents and grandparents need to do that for a month as well to get away from the public since they're most at risk.
They just shut down my job. It’s everywhere.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, I guess fortunately for me, I work in a chemical plant that makes styrene.. They aren't shutting down for anything!! They did change our shift rotation though. We're going to 7 on, 7 off. Not really sure how that helps at all.. Still working around others and interacting with them.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hopefully it won’t be for long, but I feel for the staff and others during this time.
Agreed! Hopefully this will blow over before too long.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pretty much a disaster for all, hope everyone stays healthy and safe during this time
Agreed! For those of you who don't have home gyms hang in there;)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
One of the main reasons I build one.
Yep i'd be building one or ordering home gym equipment if I didn't have already have a home gym...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the 1st thing I did when we moved into our house was start a gym in the basement....that was over 10 years ago.

went to a auction where a gym had closed and bought a gym quality treadmill less than a year old for $800. yardsales are great for picking up barely used stuff that people only use once or twice then it's just taking up space, they just want to get rid of it and are often willing to take any offer.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the 1st thing I did when we moved into our house was start a gym in the basement....that was over 10 years ago.

went to a auction where a gym had closed and bought a gym quality treadmill less than a year old for $800. yardsales are great for picking up barely used stuff that people only use once or twice then it's just taking up space, they just want to get rid of it and are often willing to take any offer.
I need to start doing that..I have 1/2 a finished basement...a little mildewed but it would work

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I need to start doing that..I have 1/2 a finished basement...a little mildewed but it would work
I have a 1 bedroom apartment with a power rack and I make it work. Wish I had a basement for more space!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wish I had the space in my house..
I've been riding my bike on the streets, trying to keep from sitting around and getting fat.
@FireTitan that rip deck is no joke dude!!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sometimes you have to make choices and home gym is a win.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And, unfortunately, it wouldn't surprise me if it goes through May..

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And, unfortunately, it wouldn't surprise me if it goes through May..
Agreed. At least once the summer comes hopefully it slow down a little and let healthcare industry catch their breath before winter comes back around.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea im going stir crazy already :(
Same! i've been working from home and my desk is in my bedroom so i'm literally in one room for like 20 hours a day haha

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you still around?
Haha, yep. Bottles of Icon lying in wait.. I've been doing some half a$$ed garage workouts, but nothing too serious yet..
Sciatic nerve pain has gotten much better!! May delay surgery till this winter or next spring.
Hoping our local gym opens up soon!
Actually considered just starting this log back up with my garage workouts. Lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Haha, yep. Bottles of Icon lying in wait.. I've been doing some half a$$ed garage workouts, but nothing too serious yet..
Sciatic nerve pain has gotten much better!! May delay surgery till this winter or next spring.
Hoping our local gym opens up soon!
Actually considered just starting this log back up with my garage workouts. Lol
sciatic pain is no joke, I had it on left side of lower back and it ran down my left leg. it was so bad there were several days I barely got out of bed. @delsolrob cbd oil and stretching exercises finally got me back on track...

did you end up getting cortisone injection?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
sciatic pain is no joke, I had it on left side of lower back and it ran down my left leg. it was so bad there were several days I barely got out of bed. @delsolrob cbd oil and stretching exercises finally got me back on track...

did you end up getting cortisone injection?
I've had one injection. The 2nd one was cancelled due to the coronavirus..
Mine is on the right side.. It's been a solid 6 months of waking up and going to sleep in pain.. My employer warned us about using cbd products.. Not worth the risk. My wife's company sells it too. Wish I could use it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've had one injection. The 2nd one was cancelled due to the coronavirus..
Mine is on the right side.. It's been a solid 6 months of waking up and going to sleep in pain.. My employer warned us about using cbd products.. Not worth the risk. My wife's company sells it too. Wish I could use it.
I used to get cortisone injections in my knee every 3 months before I got knee replacement...did the injection help?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used to get cortisone injections in my knee every 3 months before I got knee replacement...did the injection help?
Not one bit... I guess time has just helped. Like I said, it's been about 6 months of pain. To the point of damn near crying myself to sleep coming home from work. I walk a lot. There's been days where I'm limping so bad, I'm practically dragging my leg out to my truck..
I'm on gabapentin and aleve. Somethings helping.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not one bit... I guess time has just helped. Like I said, it's been about 6 months of pain. To the point of damn near crying myself to sleep coming home from work. I walk a lot. There's been days where I'm limping so bad, I'm practically dragging my leg out to my truck..
I'm on gabapentin and aleve. Somethings helping.
they put me on 300mg gabapentin 4x day, it helped some!!! glad you are feeling better I know how bad sciatica pain is-f#king awful!!!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@enhanced I think I sent a sample of the CBD for your brother, do you know if it helped his elbow?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, after a few days of thinking of trying to start this back up, just using my garage, I've decided to wait.. Partly because all I have in my garage is a set of 25 lb db's, and the other reason is my job. My normal work schedule had me working only a few days in a row with days off.. Now, I'm working 7 on & 7 off.. Those on shifts are 12 hour shifts of either 7 straight days or 7 straight nights.. After working 12 hours, I don't have the motivation or energy to try to work out. Louisiana gov just told us were locked down at least through May 15th.. I was hoping it would have ended this weekend so I could at least hit the gym on my 7 off..
As of now, I'm just doing what I can in the garage and riding my bike for cardio..

When we're finally back on a normal working schedule, you can bet your a$$ that I'll start this back up and kick some a$$ in the gym!!

@delsolrob sorry I'm not able to keep this going. Your products are awesome! I can't wait to start this back up!!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I appreciate you! I know it's a tough time for so many...looking forward to when we can all put this mess behind us!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate you! I know it's a tough time for so many...looking forward to when we can all put this mess behind us!
Agreed. I'm ready to put all this behind us and go back to pre Covid-19 days.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. I'm ready to put all this behind us and go back to pre Covid-19 days.
GOD grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I learned this prayer from AA, it is a very useful tool for me to get through tough times.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Raising this log up from the dead!!

I haven't been to the gym since March 16th!!

The gym is open (by appointment), and I went back on my regular shift schedule this week!!

I'm going to use this week to focus on diet and cardio.. I got fat...

I start lifting again on June 17th!!

@delsolrob I still have plenty left so this should be a great run all over again!!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad to see more and more people returning to something that resembles normalcy

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad to see more and more people returning to something that resembles normalcy
Same! Glad states and counties are getting back to something of the new normal.