Beastmode=on....first test cycle

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Started getting a pretty bad pain on the outside of my left delt last night. Like the pain when you sleep on it wrong but it didn't hit me until like 10 pm last night woke up this morning and still there. It hurts to put a shirt on and stuff like that. I dont know what it is but I can't help but think its from heavy benching Monday??? Anyway had shoulders today figured if test it out and hope it kinda went away after I got warmed up. Doesn't hurt to press but can't do anything else do today was all presses. Here's the numbers ....I hadn't done standing bb press since week 1 and completely SMASHED that. Let me just say I LOVE test lol. Killin it in the gym and Layin some serious pipe to the old lady lol...Weigh in in 4 days.

Shoulders
135-10
150-8
160-6
185-4(pr)
185-4

Alt db curls
35-10
40-10
45-8

Seated db press
65-10
65-10
70-8

Hammer strength shrug
225-12
315-10
315-8
315-8

St bar curl
90-8
90-6
90-6

Seated Arnold press
50-10
50-7
50-8

Hammer strength preacher curl
80-10
90-6
90-4

Didn't front grip and neutral grip pull ups in between some sets I wasn't keeping track of those though.
That's a pretty epic shoulder day bro! Congrats on the PR!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EPIC shoulder day! I'm in between sets right now but I just did my standing BB max from week 1 +10 pound AND got it 4 times AND for 2 sets! Puttin in work son! I'll update with numbers later I was just pumped and had to share lol...gettin it
Awesome bro we are both throwing down PRs today!!!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BigShadow

BigShadow

Awards
  • Established
Started getting a pretty bad pain on the outside of my left delt last night. Like the pain when you sleep on it wrong but it didn't hit me until like 10 pm last night woke up this morning and still there. It hurts to put a shirt on and stuff like that. I dont know what it is but I can't help but think its from heavy benching Monday??? Anyway had shoulders today figured if test it out and hope it kinda went away after I got warmed up. Doesn't hurt to press but can't do anything else do today was all presses. Here's the numbers ....I hadn't done standing bb press since week 1 and completely SMASHED that. Let me just say I LOVE test lol. Killin it in the gym and Layin some serious pipe to the old lady lol...Weigh in in 4 days.

Shoulders
135-10
150-8
160-6
185-4(pr)
185-4

Alt db curls
35-10
40-10
45-8

Seated db press
65-10
65-10
70-8

Hammer strength shrug
225-12
315-10
315-8
315-8

St bar curl
90-8
90-6
90-6

Seated Arnold press
50-10
50-7
50-8

Hammer strength preacher curl
80-10
90-6
90-4

Didn't front grip and neutral grip pull ups in between some sets I wasn't keeping track of those though.
Nice lifts bro! 6 more weeks left.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro I'm already dreading pct lol

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let me just start out by saying I HATE my gym! Everyone who works there are sissy a** pretty boy bit*h hoes lol I started doing dead lifts today and the guy comes back and says "can you please not drop that weight on the ground and making making so much noise (he was talking about when the weight taps the ground between sets) I'm thinking "bit*h if you can show me how to quietly DL feel free" and then to top it off after that he goes around and picks up the free weight area the whole time rolling his eyes and pshhing. Now I'm not sticking up for slobs who leave weights everywhere BUT if you don't like picking weights up off the floor, straightening up weight trees and stripping bars of weight working at a gym PROBABLY isn't for you lol it kinda goes with the territory. This d bag completely ruined my mood lol anyway sorry for the rant/test talk I had to get it out. Lol here's my numbers from today. Weigh in tomorrow morning kinda nervous.

DL
225-6wu
275-6wu
315-5
315-5
315-5

T handle bent over bb row
3 plates-12
4 plates-8
4 plates-8
+15-6

Wg Lat pull down
200-12
200-10
220-6

Db row
100-10
100-10
110-10

Seated t bar rows
220-8
220-6
220-6

Back ext-BW+25
3x25

St bar close grip OH pull down
140-3x8

Did pull-ups between a few sets but didn't keep track. 24 back sets...gettin it. If you haven't noticed yet I like to do around 20 sets on back days. I've talked to some ppl who say its over training but I figure since u have so many muscle pairs in your back 20 sets isn't too many.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let me just start out by saying I HATE my gym! Everyone who works there are sissy a** pretty boy bit*h hoes lol I started doing dead lifts today and the guy comes back and says "can you please not drop that weight on the ground and making making so much noise (he was talking about when the weight taps the ground between sets) I'm thinking "bit*h if you can show me how to quietly DL feel free" and then to top it off after that he goes around and picks up the free weight area the whole time rolling his eyes and pshhing. Now I'm not sticking up for slobs who leave weights everywhere BUT if you don't like picking weights up off the floor, straightening up weight trees and stripping bars of weight working at a gym PROBABLY isn't for you lol it kinda goes with the territory. This d bag completely ruined my mood lol anyway sorry for the rant/test talk I had to get it out. Lol here's my numbers from today. Weigh in tomorrow morning kinda nervous.

DL
225-6wu
275-6wu
315-5
315-5
315-5

3 plates-12
4 plates-8
4 plates-8
+15-6

Wg Lat pull down
200-12
200-10
220-6

Db row
100-10
100-10
110-10

Seated t bar rows
220-8
220-6
220-6

Back ext-BW+25
3x25

140-3x8

Did pull-ups between a few sets but didn't keep track. 24 back sets...gettin it. If you haven't noticed yet I like to do around 20 sets on back days. I've talked to some ppl who say its over training but I figure since u have so many muscle pairs in your back 20 sets isn't too many.
Lol I think someone is on steroidssssss lolol :)

BigShadow

BigShadow

Awards
  • Established

DL
225-6wu
275-6wu
315-5
315-5
315-5

3 plates-12
4 plates-8
4 plates-8
+15-6

Wg Lat pull down
200-12
200-10
220-6

Db row
100-10
100-10
110-10

Seated t bar rows
220-8
220-6
220-6

Back ext-BW+25
3x25

140-3x8

He's pissed cause he's a ***** and can't DL sh!t! The next time he comes around tell him to go **** himself. Every gym has padded floors, tell him that what there there for. Next time slam that **** even louder and grunt and fart. ;)

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He's pissed cause he's a ***** and can't DL sh!t! The next time he comes around tell him to go **** himself. Every gym has padded floors, tell him that what there there for. Next time slam that **** even louder and grunt and fart. ;)
Haha I save my farts and walk through the cardio section lol quick update. Stepped on the scale this morning for the first time since July 18th I believe I was 226 on July 18th and was a whoppin 225.1 today lol so I've gained about 9 lbs in 7 weeks. Not exactly sure how that happens eating calorie surplus and strength going WAY up but hey I'll take it. My cut starts next week and I'm pumped about it to say the least lol chest tri's and legs in the morning. Tonight was supposed to be leg night but in seriously BEAT

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Missed leg day yesterday so had to make it up today with chest. Took half a vacation day at work and had a late night chest/leg session...HOLY hell I'm shot! My chest was pretty much completely toast after incline bench and my legs were jello after squats. Set PR's on incline and squats so it was a pretty solid night. Gonna start tapering my Cals and carbs down after tomorrow cut officially starts Saturday.

Incline bb
135-10
135-10
205-10
215-8
225-8(pr)
235-6(pr)
245-3(pr)
255-2(pr)

Squats
135-10wu
185-5 wu
225-6
250-5
275-2
275-1

Incline db fly
60-8
60-8
60-8

Leg press super set with peck deck.
465-8 wu
230-8
555-8
230-8
605-7
250-6
625-5

Cable fly-
35-10
35-10
42.5-6

Leg press calf raise
550-3x20

Flat db flys
40-3x8

Leg ext
170-10
170-10
170-7

Push ups 45 sec rest

Sittin 230.6 after the gym.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
photo.JPG

227.5 WEEK 7

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro. Now I can't wait to melt this fat off! 3 more days and I get to start cutting!

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
Haha I save my farts and walk through the cardio section lol quick update. Stepped on the scale this morning for the first time since July 18th I believe I was 226 on July 18th and was a whoppin 225.1 today lol so I've gained about 9 lbs in 7 weeks. Not exactly sure how that happens eating calorie surplus and strength going WAY up but hey I'll take it. My cut starts next week and I'm pumped about it to say the least lol chest tri's and legs in the morning. Tonight was supposed to be leg night but in seriously BEAT
Dude your probably only up 9 cause you probably lost some fat!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude your probably only up 9 cause you probably lost some fat!
Yea I think that's probably what happened. Even though I feel like I've put on some extra fat.

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
Yea I think that's probably what happened. Even though I feel like I've put on some extra fat.
It's probably just the extra mass making you feel bigger. Just like if your fat and work your abs the extra ab muscle will just make your stomach look fatter

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I felt like a b!tch in the gym today. I don't know of its because I started my AI last week, I've been cutting my calories, I was about 200 Cals short on breakfast this morning, I don't usually do triceps with shoulders Or I'm just a b!tch but for some reason my lifts were down today. Espiecaly my triceps. Got so pi**ed off/disappointed I stopped keeping track of lifts halfway through. Here's my numbers for today nothing impressive though.

Shoulders
Db press
50-8wu
50-8
70-12
75-8
80-8

Tricep tri set
single arm rope ext/db French press/rope pushdown 3 sets until failure.

Smith machine press
185-7
185-6
185-6

Y bar press down
100-3
85-6
70-10
70-9
70-8

Seated Arnold presses
55-5
55-7
55-7

Did db front,side, and lat raises. And dips Stopped keeping track here. Bad day bros

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I felt like a b!tch in the gym today. I don't know of its because I started my AI last week, I've been cutting my calories, I was about 200 Cals short on breakfast this morning, I don't usually do triceps with shoulders Or I'm just a b!tch but for some reason my lifts were down today. Espiecaly my triceps. Got so pi**ed off/disappointed I stopped keeping track of lifts halfway through. Here's my numbers for today nothing impressive though.

Shoulders
Db press
50-8wu
50-8
70-12
75-8
80-8

Tricep tri set
single arm rope ext/db French press/rope pushdown 3 sets until failure.

Smith machine press
185-7
185-6
185-6

Y bar press down
100-3
85-6
70-10
70-9
70-8

Seated Arnold presses
55-5
55-7
55-7

Did db front,side, and lat raises. And dips Stopped keeping track here. Bad day bros
We all have them bro I've been on aromasin 12.5mg ed the past week and I haven't noticed my strength drop at all it's increasing little by little but size is certainly changing...just rest up and hit it hard tomorrow

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We all have them bro I've been on aromasin 12.5mg ed the past week and I haven't noticed my strength drop at all it's increasing little by little but size is certainly changing...just rest up and hit it hard tomorrow
Thanks brother. Hopefully it was just an off day. I forgot to mention also my tri's were so pumped I couldn't hardly move my arms...

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
In this bitch!!! Takin a nap and critiquing after ;-) keep it up

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a bad as hell day at the gym today. Set PR's in DL and flat bench. Got asked if I was "running" anything lol took a vacation day from work to hang out with the wife and kid and hit the gym. cut starts tomorrow so I had an all out cheat day today. French toast,real bacon,sausage patties and a diet coke for breakfast and 5 Coney dogs for lunch lol. It's amazing how yesterday I felt so worthless in the gym and today is one of the better days I've ever had. All around had an awesome day. ....here's my numbers from tonight. Gonna hit bi's Sunday with legs.

DL
225-5
305-8
315-8
335-5
365-5
415-1 (pr)

Bb t bar row
4 plates-8
4 plates-8
4 plates-8

Wide grip pull ups BW

Iso row (just came in the gym today trying to get the weight figured out)
230-8
230-8
230-8
270-10
270-10
270-8
(Flat benching between sets)
Flat bench 315(hell yeah! PR)

DB pull over
60-8
60-8
60-8

Wg lat pull down
200-12
220-10
260(maxed out machine)-8

image-2601322900.jpg

224.6 pounds of somethin fierce today lol

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Lookin thick brother! Bench press tips comin soon to your thread exclusively... Been busy wrapping up this cycle and setting up my pct thread as well as doin the rep thang ;-)

technique88

technique88

Awards
alright bro some leg tips from yours truly...technique lol.

Legs take time but when they're strong its rewarding and all your lifts will go up. My legs are particularly strong because I played ice hockey and rugby all my life. Try being gthe driving force of the srcum and your legs will explode lol.

Tips: now this is for me personally...

1) more is not better. If you squat, do not leg press or vise a versa. Either the squat or leg press will be your big multi joint movement, also after proper warm up make it your first exercise.

2) strong glutes!!!!! I have a huge a$$. Black girls are jealous lol. Strong glutes will be your driving force. To achieve strong glutes use your heels to drive. Example: on the leg press put your feet so your toes are slightly off the sled and you are forced to push with your heels. This will add serious mass and strength to your glutes. Hack squats are another great glute work out.

3) drop your weight with squats and go a$$ to mouth, I mean ground =) slowly build your way back up to going heavy.

4) strong lower back...keep dead lifting heavy like you are and strengthen your core.

5) for squats and leg press pinch your shoulder blades back and keep that nice arched back (not a rounded back, that's injury)

6) romainian dead lifts= glutes and hamstrings...avoid stiff legged deads, IMO you are just asking for injury.

7) always where a belt and with heavy weight, hell any weight wear knee wraps. They honestly feel amazing. Your knees will thank you and you will feel moreconfident to push more.

8) GO HEAVY. NUFF SAID.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weird I never noticed but I literally do all of those things! That explains the 365 squats I pull :D

technique88

technique88

Awards
Weird I never noticed but I literally do all of those things! That explains the 365 squats I pull :D
Nice bro. For a while I focused on my glutes only and I made tremendous gains in the leg department.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys are beast. Straight up lol...I'll def. incorporate that into my leg workout this Sunday man. I'm lackin in the glute area for sure. I have the as* of a 12 year old girl...but hairier

technique88

technique88

Awards
You guys are beast. Straight up lol...I'll def. incorporate that into my leg workout this Sunday man. I'm lackin in the flute area for sure. I have the as* of a 12 year old girl...but hairier
Haha no problem bro. Get those glutes strong and you'll be surpirised how fast your leg strength increase. I'm a 32 waist but have to wear a 34 just becuae of my ass lol

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lookin thick brother! Bench press tips comin soon to your thread exclusively... Been busy wrapping up this cycle and setting up my pct thread as well as doin the rep thang ;-)
It's all good brother. I understand no big deal.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
For a month try incorporating these two for chest
Flat bench: 15/8/1/5
Incline DB bench: 10/8/6

Your numbers will increase fast... Ask R3act he's on it right now with PR every week

Triceps do dips and push downs. For the push downs do 12/8/8/6

When benchin... Push center of shoulder blades to bench... Flex lats and chest hard. Change your grip frequently and do full range of motions and 90s. This will help with power and stability. Start with this and ill teach more tricks

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For a month try incorporating these two for chest
Flat bench: 15/8/1/5
Incline DB bench: 10/8/6

Your numbers will increase fast... Ask R3act he's on it right now with PR every week

Triceps do dips and push downs. For the push downs do 12/8/8/6

When benchin... Push center of shoulder blades to bench... Flex lats and chest hard. Change your grip frequently and do full range of motions and 90s. This will help with power and stability. Start with this and ill teach more tricks
I'll start this week and give it a shot. I've never done that high of reps on flat bench. Should I be failing at 15? Also what's a 90?

You guys are all the sh1t though thanks for the tips

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I'll start this week and give it a shot. I've never done that high of reps on flat bench. Should I be failing at 15? Also what's a 90?

You guys are all the sh1t though thanks for the tips
Naw 15 is just a warm up for blood flow and lubrication... I'll use 315... For you what's ur 1 rep?
90 degree... Bring down to 90 and push back up... Helps work that stability

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Naw 15 is just a warm up for blood flow and lubrication... I'll use 315... For you what's ur 1 rep?
Lol my 1rm is 315..

technique88

technique88

Awards
315 for 15...my god!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Warm up ;-)

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First day of the cut has went pretty good. Seems like I want junk food bad today though. No gym today hittin legs tomorrow afternoon. Diet today was 2650 Cals 105gr. Fat. 60gr. Carbs and 360 gr. protein. That's pretty much what it will look like on off days throughout this whole cut. May throw a re-feed day in for carbs once a week. And up the Cals by maybe 200 on workout days. Weighed in this morning at 224.7.

technique88

technique88

Awards
First day of the cut has went pretty good. Seems like I want junk food bad today though. No gym today hittin legs tomorrow afternoon. Diet today was 2650 Cals 105gr. Fat. 60gr. Carbs and 360 gr. protein. That's pretty much what it will look like on off days throughout this whole cut. May throw a re-feed day in for carbs once a week. And up the Cals by maybe 200 on workout days. Weighed in this morning at 224.7.
Eat lots of veggies! It helps with pH balance when you are on low carb diets.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eat lots of veggies! It helps with pH balance when you are on low carb diets.
Sooo what about if you don't eat veggies...like none lol

technique88

technique88

Awards
Sooo what about if you don't eat veggies...like none lol
Physiologically speaking, one of the only "dangers" of restricted carb diets with very high protein is shifting your body to an acidic pH. Vegetables help neutralize that. When I restrict carbs the first sign of pH shift is horrible acid indigestion.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice man I hope your cut goes well...it's rough at times but sooooo worth it!!!!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Physiologically speaking, one of the only "dangers" of restricted carb diets with very high protein is shifting your body to an acidic pH. Vegetables help neutralize that. When I restrict carbs the first sign of pH shift is horrible acid indigestion.
That makes sense. I've always had horrible acid reflux. I've never eaten veggies. I hate them all lol.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice man I hope your cut goes well...it's rough at times but sooooo worth it!!!!
Thanks man. I don't think it will be TOO bad for me because I've never been a big eater just always used to eat the wrong things. The hardest part for me is going to be the carb/sugar cravings. I'm gonna have to hide my sons fruit snacks! I wake up in the middle of the night and crave those damn things lol

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fuuuuuuurk I hate Cardio. Today's leg work out was sponsored by technique lol..224.7 this morning still. Today's diet will be 2500 cals 360p/78c(not including carbs from pre supp)/85f.
Squats
135-10wu
185-10
205-8
225-6

Alt db curls
35-12
40-8
45-6

Hammer strength calf raise
90-3x15

Preset st. Bar curls
90-8
90-8
100-6

Romanian dead lifts (no straps)
135-12wu
225-10
225-8
225-6

Did the step mill for cardio and holy sh1t that thing is serious!

technique88

technique88

Awards
fuuuuuuurk I hate Cardio. Today's leg work out was sponsored by technique lol..224.7 this morning still. Today's diet will be 2500 cals 360p/78c(not including carbs from pre supp)/85f.
Squats
135-10wu
185-10
205-8
225-6

Alt db curls
35-12
40-8
45-6

Hammer strength calf raise
90-3x15

Preset st. Bar curls
90-8
90-8
100-6

Romanian dead lifts (no straps)
135-12wu
225-10
225-8
225-6

Did the step mill for cardio and holy sh1t that thing is serious!
Nice bro, solid leg work out. If you want you could also throw in some leg extensions so you can scuplt your quads. Other than that nice work.

Ohh yeah did you go ass to ground for the squats?

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice bro, solid leg work out. If you want you could also throw in some leg extensions so you can scuplt your quads. Other than that nice work.

Ohh yeah did you go ass to ground for the squats?
I usually do throw ext's in but I knew I was doing the stair mill for cardio and that thing KILLS my quads. I went ass to the my hips locking up lol. Wasn't to the ground but past parallel. I usually only go to parallel so that was a nice change. My quads are throbbing still/already

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No gym today. Hitting chest and tri's tomorrow. Diet today is 2370 Cals made up of 94f/54c/325p
With all carbs coming from Greek yogurt almonds and natty PB. Weight today was 224.8. Also pretty excited I got picked to log some purus fat smack XR so I'll have a separate log going on that when it arrives.

technique88

technique88

Awards
No gym today. Hitting chest and tri's tomorrow. Diet today is 2370 Cals made up of 94f/54c/325p
With all carbs coming from Greek yogurt almonds and natty PB. Weight today was 224.8. Also pretty excited I got picked to log some purus fat smack XR so I'll have a separate log going on that when it arrives.
I've been tempted on the fatsmack...my body didn't like ECA too much.