Are there optimum intervals during day for protein consumption on workout days?

john10960

Awards
Just as title states. I’ve been wondering about this

thanks in advance?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There's a lot of debate and different opinions on this subject, and I think a lot of it comes down to what works best for you.

There are people that love fasting and they wind up taking in a lot of their protein intake in smaller windows of time.

Then, there are those that space their meals/protein out in 5 to 6 small meals per day.

I've tried both ways and for muscle gains, I by far do better at 6 small meals per day.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As more research continues to be done and come out it continues to seemingly show distribution becomes “less” of an issue as long as daily needs are met.

That doesn’t mean there is no value though.

I’d still probably feel around training and 3(to 4) evenly split meals throughout the day may have advantages.

Even if we can’t determine exact amounts, distributions, etc. that are optimal at this point solely based on the protein their may be other factors that end up being important for various meal timing approaches that will likely depend on goals, individual tolerances, and other factors.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've tried both ways and for muscle gains, I by far do better at 6 small meals per day.
Same here. My digestion is way better when I do 5-6 small meals.