I think my training is not optimum

ananas

Awards
  • First Up Vote
hi guys I'd like to make sure my diet and training is good, so if you have constructive criticism, feel free to reply.
2 years ago I started to go to the gym, I didnt count my macro and was doing 2 days upper body and 2 days legs per week. I did that for a year then had to do only bodyweight exercices for a year for some reasons (now I'm back to the gym).
Results: my legs are overdeveloped, I've an okay back (I was focusing on it to inprove my posture), and no chest/arms.

Here's my diet: https://i.postimg.cc/jjBYVVKg/diet.png
I'm trying to gain muscle weight.
I dont eat meat and I try to limit animal products.

Daily natty supplements:
multivitamin
3g creatine
10mg mk-677
2g glucosamine
1g bromelain (in the protein shakes)

My training is the following:

Workout A:
bench press: 4x6 (go as heavy as possible)
chest press inward upward machine: 4x6 (go as heavy as possible)
pull-ups: 5x5 (I'm struggling)
shoulder press machine: 4x12 (I've some shoulder pain but it's getting better)

Workout B:
shoulder press: 4x12
db biceps curl: 4x12
triceps pulldown: 4x12
superset: EZ bar biceps curl 4x12 with EZ bar skullcrusher 4x12

rest between sets: 90 secs
rest between exercises: 5 mins

I do workout A, workout B, rest day, A, B, rest, A, B..... etc...
I go to the gym by bicycle, 30 mins ride, so 1h total. I don't have a car.
As i said my legs are overdeveloped and the bicycle is taking care of keeping most of my leg muscles. thats why I always skip leg days. And I've bad knee pain.

I'm 175cm, 63kg, 27yo naturally low fat.
here is a no homo pic of me flexing my abs (i flex so I look better and impressive): https://i.postimg.cc/zDd0tCjv/flexxit.jpg
and here not flexing, but i prefer the flexed one: https://i.postimg.cc/SQZMFVH0/noflexx.jpg
yes I live in a tent. should i trim my nipples hairs?

in mid october I'll be able to hit the gym daily and take steroids, and do less bike, but for now no.

any recommendations?

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't think there is any reason to use gear until you have your training and nutrition dialed.
you have two pressing days in a row. I wouldn't do that, personally.

Here's a program you could follow.

I would not skip squats or deadlifts. both are going to have a positive effect on your whole body, and hormones. I would add dips to your pressing day. I would not have two pressing days in a row. I would bump the 3g of creatine up to at least 5 if not 10g, or just get rid of it altogether.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
^ Completely agree with Dustin. Using gear before you understand training and nutrition and have a solid base is like putting race car fuel in a car that needs a lot of work.

I agree that you should be doing dips and shouldn't be pressing on back to back days. You should also be doing more pulling movements. 16 sets of pushing vs 5 sets of pulling is a recipe for all kinds of issues in the long term. Do your future self a favor and train your upper back.

If you can't squat or deadlift because of knee pain, you still need to find a way to train your leg and posterior chain power. It seems like John Meadows has some videos for older lifters that might be relevant.

How consistent is your diet? Food fatigue is going to set in quick eating that same set of meals day after day, so make sure you're hitting your goals even when you're switching it up. Being on top of your diet is probably the most important thing to have mastery over if you want to get the most out of a cycle.

Don't go to the gym on acid.