Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are calling me ignorant and you have absolutely zero knowledge or experience in the topic.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are calling me ignorant and you have absolutely zero knowledge or experience in the topic.
Not just ignorant, an ignorant troll. And I'm not the only one saying it. And it's no just on this topic. You're an ignorant troll in general. Have a nice night ignorant troll. It's been fun. ;)
Bro, not only is he ignorant, but hes also a troll. An ignorant troll - you will not win my friend. Apparently, by his logic, anyone who isn’t a virologist or Infectious Disease Physician shouldn’t have an opinion about COVID, but i didn’t see that stopping him.

What was that quote you posted a few pages ago about not feeling sorry for people who cant appreciate logical reasoning...?
This. You can spend time helping people - that is commendable. But spare yourself from dealing with ignorant trolls and focus on the people actually open to a conversation who you could help, ya know?

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Again, you know jack shiot about what you're talking about. That's why I bust your balls.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh **** what to do.
Maybe I should write a document for Google that ranks well for on how to handle trolls

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh **** what to do.
Maybe I should write a document for Google that ranks well for on how to handle trolls
What if I told you I've been using DuckDuckGo this whole time, not Google? What then ignorant troll? Or what if I'm one of those crazy people who uses Bing on Microsoft Edge? That changes everything!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well being pulls all of the data from Google as does edge
Edge is a browser, not a search engine. Ignorant once again. But I would like to know your funny names for Bing and DuckDuckGo like you had with "goofle." You like that one so much you've used it like a dozen times tonight. I know you have it in you to come up with some more. Let's hear them.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It pulls data when you fart and get on ig and tell all you friends
Let's hear a funny name for Instagram too. Don't let us down. You can do it. Maybe Instascam? Am I doing it right?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Once you start citing ig as your source....
*Instascam. Then there's Farcebook. And Twatter. You already came up with Goofle. What about Bing and Microsoft? Come on man, surely Goofle wasn't your one hit wonder?

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tell me, what are the struggles young black men have to deal with on a daily bases concerning cops in your area?

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And I'm still waiting for my answers regarding teachers!!

You demanded answers from me right?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is it like muscleup?
Still waiting on funny names for Bing and Microsoft. I mean, Micro-Soft describes your dick, but it’s still not as good as Goofle. I know you’re not a one hit wonder, so keep them coming.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still waiting on funny names for Bing and Microsoft. I mean, Micro-Soft describes your dick, but it’s still not as good as Goofle. I know you’re not a one hit wonder, so keep them coming.
Muscleup, are you having to schedule a time for 24 hour fitness also? I guess it’s been a good and bad thing for me. Good because I want to stay the full hour and it’s not super busy, but bad because I have to constantly cancel with things coming up often. Plus, they closed the one by work sooooo.... yah.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I didn’t live during Roman Empire the but I can have an opinion it. You’re appeal to authority because of “tenure” or “career” doesn’t bode well.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So 25th July the gyms in the UK reopen.......still waiting to see what restrictions and requirements they put in place though. More cleaning, reduced class sizes and overall limits on numbers in the building seem to be the most likely.

but, whilst there is a lot of noise about them reopening there is ALOT of people stating they won’t be rushing back.

the big box gyms rely on volume, in fact their business model relies on people taking memberships that don’t attend. Now in normally circumstances that would happen (as loads of people will start next week) but those are the people that will use covid as the excuse to not even kid themselves they are gonna go to the gym.

I think we’ll see a lot close down pre Xmas.

the smaller boutique gyms will struggle as well. They have little financial resilience and although their membership is more tilted towards people into fitness, they will struggle to absorb the extra overheads and will struggle to attract the new (higher paying) members they need in this climate.

I think we’re about to see a massive shake up in the space. Possibly big price hikes at the budget gyms with lots of the smaller ones going under. I think at least one big chain will go too.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly, I even stated I respected his opinions. Never bitched out or lost my temper

But when you have as much or less knowledge on a topic and tell me to stfu, im ignorant etc. I draw the line

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly, I even stated I respected his opinions. Never bitched out or lost my temper

But when you have as much or less knowledge on a topic and tell me to stfu, im ignorant etc. I draw the line
No, you try to refute the argument along the lines of, “you’ve never served as a cop, so how do you know police reform/training is needed.”

Static’s and Data driven evidence ALLOW the conversation. The onus is on you to how much “knowledge” you decide to read?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Muscleup, are you having to schedule a time for 24 hour fitness also? I guess it’s been a good and bad thing for me. Good because I want to stay the full hour and it’s not super busy, but bad because I have to constantly cancel with things coming up often. Plus, they closed the one by work sooooo.... yah.
I don’t know, they had issues with my card, so they canceled my membership and I have not reactivated it, since I have a home gym in my new place.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Don’t forget the troll part, ignorant troll.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, you try to refute the argument along the lines of, “you’ve never served as a cop, so how do you know police reform/training is needed.”

Static’s and Data driven evidence ALLOW the conversation. The onus is on you to how much “knowledge” you decide to read?
I'm sure I could find evidence that could dismiss what his says via the same source.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well we do want cops to have more training and it is ridiculous that they aren’t continually training right? Also don’t think we really need to ask them if they want more training - no one likes training lol. I didn’t say the 20% though, that was his recommendation. But 80:20 ratio of work to training doesn’t immediately strike me as unreasonable. With more complicated logistics planning than any of us probably care to think about I’m sure something close to that could be done. Either way, the main point is cops barely train after the academy and rates of high stress realistic training are even lower and that should fixed. The amount of hours is somewhat immaterial as long as the baseline isn’t some garbage.
yup, new recruits are knocking down the door to become cops, right?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree with you completely there. But am I taking Crazy Pills? Because I feel like I am dealing with Quest. I've repeatedly said I don't have all the answers, only that I know there are problems, and he keeps saying "you just 'goofle' things" and mocking me for doing research. Surely we all agree there are problems that need addressing. How is my "goofling" that to get data to confirm that there are problems somehow bad? I don't get it man. Please explain it to me. Am I missing something?
sometimes you need to step back and take a day off from the madness...for me 2grams of phenibut and a day of pink floyd on headphones worked wonders!!! kind of put life back into perspective...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sometimes you need to step back and take a day off from the madness...for me 2grams of phenibut and a day of pink floyd on headphones worked wonders!!! kind of put life back into perspective...
That's awesome man. Maybe tomorrow I’ll take a chill day. But I think I learned how to handle this troll from now on haha.

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
yup, new recruits are knocking down the door to become cops, right?
Well somehow they exist just like teachers, right? I personally think we should pay both (and firefighters) more to attract better talent and show more respect for their work but that’s a separate issue. End of the day people will join up and they should be trained adequately, which they currently are not.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well somehow they exist just like teachers, right? I personally think we should pay both (and firefighters) more to attract better talent and show more respect for their work but that’s a separate issue. End of the day people will join up and they should be trained adequately, which they currently are not.
Firefighters actually make pretty good money now, at least here in So Flo, after decades of being paid poorly. Add in the great insurance and retirement, and I’d say they’re fairly compensated here now. And most people like firefighters, for the most part, nothing is 100%.

A lot of teachers are really paid poorly given that they have a lot of education, and are directly responsible for raising and educating our kids. Our next generation is really only as good as our teachers. Parents of course are essential, but good teachers can make a world of difference. I know I had a few teachers in my life who really made a big difference and helped set me up for success.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sounds like something you should look into?

i bet you could really show them how it should be done!!!!

Last edited:

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
All the police reform talk and no one has put the truth out there- copied since Google is always right.
The Obama administration recommended in 2016 that police departments lower their entry standards in order to be able to qualify more minorities for recruitment. Departments had already been deemphasizing written exams or eliminating requirements that recruits have a clean criminal record, but the trend intensified thereafter. The Baltimore Police Department changed its qualifying exam to such an extent that the director of legal instruction in the Baltimore Police Academy complained in 2018 that rookie officers were being let out onto the street with little understanding of the law. It is the same for the military.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All the police reform talk and no one has put the truth out there- copied since Google is always right.
The Obama administration recommended in 2016 that police departments lower their entry standards in order to be able to qualify more minorities for recruitment. Departments had already been deemphasizing written exams or eliminating requirements that recruits have a clean criminal record, but the trend intensified thereafter. The Baltimore Police Department changed its qualifying exam to such an extent that the director of legal instruction in the Baltimore Police Academy complained in 2018 that rookie officers were being let out onto the street with little understanding of the law. It is the same for the military.
I'm consistent; I don't think lowering standards is a good idea at all. Not for ANY reason. Who said I'm a fan of Obama? I'm a registered Republican who leans libertarian. I didn't vote for Obama, or Hillary. Just because I can be critical of Trump doesn't mean I'm a fan of Obama. Not by any means.

And you bring up a good point, and you backed it up with a source with experience (an academy legal instructor). I totally agree with you. If anything, we should be increasing requirements, not decreasing them. There's an argument to be made that we don't need to increase them, but we certainly shouldn't be decreasing them. I 100% agree with you there. We want the most qualified, most knowledgeable officers possible, regardless of race/ethnicity/sex/etc., not just a a diverse force of people who don't know what their job is and can't perform it well.

Did you expect me to disagree with you there, because I don't. I agree with you. :)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Typically pay/packages for public service workers (like pay in all sectors) is dictated by market forces.

In the uk we see that very clearly, historically the private sector used to pay more than the public sector but the public sector had gold plated pensions and it was nearly impossible to be sacked (I’m not joking), they changed the overall package, the roles became less attractive and salaries went up as required (on a par with private sector now)

Police pay is pretty decent in the UK, about 10 years back they used to advertise it in recruitment campaigns on TV (it was higher than people thought) as they were struggling to recruit.

salaries/packages will always come down to:

- scarcity of skill set needed
- perception of the job itself
- market need (I.e massive shortage)

a job that requires a high skill set, with a **** perception that is woefully under resourced will always pay more than a job that most people have the skill to do, that’s seen as a ‘nice’ job that is only having normal staff turnover......

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Typically pay/packages for public service workers (like pay in all sectors) is dictated by market forces.

In the uk we see that very clearly, historically the private sector used to pay more than the public sector but the public sector had gold plated pensions and it was nearly impossible to be sacked (I’m not joking), they changed the overall package, the roles became less attractive and salaries went up as required (on a par with private sector now)

Police pay is pretty decent in the UK, about 10 years back they used to advertise it in recruitment campaigns on TV (it was higher than people thought) as they were struggling to recruit.

salaries/packages will always come down to:

- scarcity of skill set needed
- perception of the job itself
- market need (I.e massive shortage)

a job that requires a high skill set, with a **** perception that is woefully under resourced will always pay more than a job that most people have the skill to do, that’s seen as a ‘nice’ job that is only having normal staff turnover......
Good points. Supply and demand cannot be ignored or overruled.

A job with a poor perception and/or inherent danger tends to increase pay, as less people want to do it. So if more and more people don't want to be officers, if it gets bad enough, to the point where the demand exceeds the supply, something will have to be done to increase the supply, either increasing pay (to get more people interested), or decreasing requirements (to make the potential pool of applicants bigger). I'm not a fan of the second approach, and I don't know if we're at the point yet where the first is necessary either, but we'll see if recent negative perception of officers leads to there not being enough new officers to meet the demand departments have for them.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whatcha got Googleitupcrohn?

I put my company logo on our masks.
Love masks...

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don't be defensive, I was bringing a point to the discussion for people to read, not trying to be right. At most we are bringing an educated opinion, at most.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good points. Supply and demand cannot be ignored or overruled.

A job with a poor perception and/or inherent danger tends to increase pay, as less people want to do it. So if more and more people don't want to be officers, if it gets bad enough, to the point where the demand exceeds the supply, something will have to be done to increase the supply, either increasing pay (to get more people interested), or decreasing requirements (to make the potential pool of applicants bigger). I'm not a fan of the second approach, and I don't know if we're at the point yet where the first is necessary either, but we'll see if recent negative perception of officers leads to there not being enough new officers to meet the demand departments have for them.
precisely.

and lowered the skill set, whilst short term saving money has the potential to further damage perception (as more poor officers act in **** ways) which ultimately exacerbates the recruitment issue again, at which point you have to pay more for a lower standard of officer....

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't be defensive, I was bringing a point to the discussion for people to read, not trying to be right. At most we are bringing an educated opinion, at most.
Your "since Google is always right" was why I was "defensive." I don't know why people have a hard time understanding that information from "Google" isn't inherently good or bad, right or wrong. Google is only a search engine that leads you to information on various sites. The info obtained from those sites can be good or bad, right or wrong. I can make a blog today that will show up on Google search results and say that the earth is flat, 400 years, old, and that there is currently a subterranean war going on between the crab people and the mole people to decide who will be the next rulers of the world. That doesn't mean it's even remotely correct. On the other hand, you can find official government pages on Google, or published and peer-reviewed academic journals, and published books, etc. Just like buying something on Amazon. It's not inherently a good or bad product. You can buy cheap garbage on Amazon, or you can buy ultra-premium goods. Amazon itself just sells third-party items, just as Google just gathers and displays third-party websites. It's really not that difficult of a concept to grasp, yet so many people seem to have trouble with it.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whatcha got Googleitupcrohn?

I put my company logo on our masks.
Love masks...
That's not very clever. You still have yet to live up to your original "goofle" name. You're a one-hit wonder. You're washed up man. Give it up already.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
precisely.

and lowered the skill set, whilst short term saving money has the potential to further damage perception (as more poor officers act in **** ways) which ultimately exacerbates the recruitment issue again, at which point you have to pay more for a lower standard of officer....
That's true. And if you have to pay out huge sums regularly in lawsuits when your unqualified officers mess up in stupid ways, you end up losing even more money, and further hurting their reputation, and also just generally doing a poor job of protecting and serving, which is, ultimately, the job of officers.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Googleitup sounds butthurt.
You could be a spokesman for the police with all of the information you learn.

I could give a **** at this point about the topic. I'm enjoying watching you master police reform right in front of our eyes.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Googleitup sounds butthurt.
You could be a spokesman for the police with all of the information you learn.

I could give a **** at this point about the topic. I'm enjoying watching you master police reform right in front of our eyes.

And you could be a spokesperson for ignorant trolls. Ironically, that's about the only subject you're an expert on.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i see where some young people are now labeling police as enemies of the people...

there was a huge shortage of police in minneapolis even before george floyd. i remember reading a article where only the most urgent 911 calls were even being responded to.