Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will ignore silly.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
“Oops, my bad. Guess we should’ve tightened up more.”
🤦‍♂️
Don't be so hard on yourself. It was convincing.

Sweden & South Korea
Others were holding Sweden up as a good example, and people did listen to that mistakenly.
I used South Korea because they responded quickly, and everyone conformed to the test and contact tracking which is what was needed here on a nationally driven level, but then again, Trump said no. States are responsible... That's not how one leads a country through a pandemic.

Keyword: Sooner
I think the keyword is sooner, not more per se, but Trump was warned the seriousness by intel and other organizations about Covid-19. He knew but ignored the science. He doesn't understand the science, and he doesn't care either.

36,000 at least
So, if we had responded one week earlier. 1 week. 36,000 more would be alive today in the USA.
How anyone can't hold him responsible for this alone, is just ignoring facts.

108,000 American lives and counting
I'd ask everyone in here to be honest. If it were another president. How would you feel about the response?
I'd be f*cking p*ssed no matter who it was, but then again President Obama had a plan, Trump's team tore up, and don't have anything but some binder with nothing in it. Go ahead and Trust him with your life. I wouldn't. He doesn't care.

Trump's Covid-19 Plan
Where is that plan? Did they publish it? I'd love to see a link to it...
The CDC Plan was shelved and shut down too, but it leaked.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don't be so hard on yourself. It was convincing.

Sweden & South Korea
Others were holding Sweden up as a good example, and people did listen to that mistakenly.
I used South Korea because they responded quickly, and everyone conformed to the test and contact tracking which is what was needed here on a nationally driven level, but then again, Trump said no. States are responsible... That's not how one leads a country through a pandemic.

Keyword: Sooner
I think the keyword is sooner, not more per se, but Trump was warned the seriousness by intel and other organizations about Covid-19. He knew but ignored the science. He doesn't understand the science, and he doesn't care either.

36,000 at least
So, if we had responded one week earlier. 1 week. 36,000 more would be alive today in the USA.
How anyone can't hold him responsible for this alone, is just ignoring facts.

108,000 American lives and counting
I'd ask everyone in here to be honest. If it were another president. How would you feel about the response?
I'd be f*cking p*ssed no matter who it was, but then again President Obama had a plan, Trump's team tore up, and don't have anything but some binder with nothing in it. Go ahead and Trust him with your life. I wouldn't. He doesn't care.

Trump's Covid-19 Plan
Where is that plan? Did they publish it? I'd love to see a link to it...
The CDC Plan was shelved and shut down too, but it leaked.
I feel like you are falling for the media hype quite a bit here and trying to pin it on one guy.

How can you ignore that when Trump was trying to close borders and eliminate unnecessary travel, he was being called a xenophobe? If he had the Intel and that was his plan, we could have argued whether it was right or wrong (clearly, in hindsight, it should have been more aggressively implemented) - but with all of the knee-jerk resistance he faces you can't fight his plan and then blame him for not implementing it.

And I have to say, I have never received a check from the gov't so quickly - even when it is my own money they are sending back to me.

Consider the timeline:

January 20-28, the WHO and chinese authorities announce confirmation that human-to-human transmission of the corona virus had already occurred.

January 29-31 - The U.S formally announced a White House Coronavirus Task Force.....President Trump repeatedly claimed credit for acting early with the travel ban. However, The Washington Post reported that 300,000 people traveled to the U.S. from China during the month prior to the ban. The New York Times reported that more than 40,000 persons traveled from China to the U.S. after the January 31 partial ban, and around 430,000 total between the December 31 disclosure of the outbreak by China and April 4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_COVID-19_pandemic_in_the_United_States

So, yeah, if we acted a week earlier, a lot of people would have been alive - but how do you view that as "Trump had all kinds of information and should have acted sooner"? And if there was more info, then why were the Dems fighting him? I mean, by this point it was public knowledge that human-to-human transmission has occurred and presumably the senate and congress should have had more information than that as well?

You could also say that if we acted 2 months earlier, a bunch of lives would be saved. Maybe all of them.

But even in the light of 108,000 dead we are having protests over the closures. What would we be saying if he closed everything down and we had 15,000 deaths? Everyone would be saying what a crappy president he is because he destroyed the economy over 15,000 deaths. And maybe he shouldn't have that on his mind so much and should have saved 90,000+ lives instead, but hey - who really made that bed? Pelosi, Biden and all of the people who have been so unreasonable toward his actions.

What were Pelosi or Biden doing at the end of January? I don't know....let's look at Pelosi's press releases:

“The Trump Administration’s expansion of its outrageous, un-American travel ban threatens our security, our values and the rule of law. The sweeping rule, barring more than 350 million individuals from predominantly African nations from traveling to the United States, is discrimination disguised as policy.

“America’s strength has always been as a beacon of hope and opportunity for people around the world, whose dreams and aspirations have enriched our nation and made America more American. With this latest callous decision, the President has doubled down on his cruelty and further undermined our global leadership, our Constitution and our proud heritage as a nation of immigrants.

“In the Congress and in the Courts, House Democrats will continue to oppose the Administration’s dangerous anti-immigrant agenda. In the coming weeks, the House Judiciary Committee will mark-up and bring to the Floor the NO BAN Act to prohibit religious discrimination in our immigration system and limit the President’s ability to impose such biased and bigoted restrictions. We will never allow hatred or bigotry to define our nation or destroy our values.”

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/13120-2

As a matter of fact, I looked from January 15th - February 24th before I saw any mention of Sars, Coronavirus or Covid in any of her press releases - because she didn't even mention it when she criticized his ban on travel on January 31st. I mean, presumably, if Trump should have acted sooner because all of the information was there, she should have at least known it was worth mentioning, right?

But, on 2/24 here is her statement:

"Americans need a coordinated, fully-funded, whole-of-government response to keep them and their loved ones safe. The President’s request for coronavirus response funding is long overdue and completely inadequate to the scale of this emergency."

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/22420-0

And this statement goes on to criticize him for "slashing" funding for the CDC (a lot of help that funding did us) as she looks to score further political points, and THEN she delayed the bill!!!

And yet, she still didn't recognize the scope of this because she says, "The President should not be raiding money that Congress has appropriated for other life-or-death public health priorities." Huh? Does she think there are unlimited funds? Is this someone who should REALLY be in charge?

She talks in circles and criticizes him for not funding something fast enough, criticizes him for slashing funding, then fights him and delays the funding while claiming she is looking out for the citizens. No she is looking to protect her power. And then she states he shouldn't be taking funding from other sources to fund this? Where would we be if he hadn't cut spending prior to this?

I don't get how we can put it all on Trump. It isn't like the democrats, as proven by Pelosi's silence on Covid for over a month after he tried to stop unnecessary travel and she criticized him for it, were up in arms at the time saying this is a big problem and he is ignoring it. They are just being revisionist and our memories are so pathetically short that many of us are falling for it. Or we just want to believe what we want to believe.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The responsibility lies with the President. Nobody else.
He always has other people take the fall for him. Even Barr ordered the tear gas and rubber bullets so he could take a photo op with the Bible. But it was his order in reality. Of course Barr will bear that cross... along with other things he's done for the President.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Washington Post reported that 300,000 people traveled to the U.S. from China during the month prior to the ban. The New York Times reported that more than 40,000 persons traveled from China to the U.S. after the January 31 partial ban, and around 430,000 total between the December 31 disclosure of the outbreak by China and April 4.
the people who traveled to and from China during the travel ban were American Citizens allowed to come home and likewise, those traveling to were Chinese citizens and high level dignitaries. This has been shown time and time again.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
“Oops, my bad. Guess we should’ve tightened up more.”
🤦‍♂️
So after you play the WHO card all along now you pretend you could care less about the WHO...

oh look its from a total liberal rag too.. the NYPOST.

quit.. just quit.

BTW… and you probably wouldn't know this.. But FL did the very same thing as Sweden and low and behold.. they have the lowest death rate in the country.

Again .. just stop with the fear mongering.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He always has other people take the fall for him. Even Barr ordered the tear gas and rubber bullets so he could take a photo op with the Bible. But it was his order in reality. Of course Barr will bear that cross... along with other things he's done for the President.
And I agree the responsibility falls on him. And he made a call, before anyone else, and they fought him and he still did it. And he reduced travel to and from China precipitously, in spite of the heavy, unfounded criticism. He made the call. He reduced travel from 300,000 in 30 days to 130,000 in 90 days. It worked, it should have come sooner, and he should have had more support.

But, while I agree that Trump has the highest responsibility, what is Pelosi's responsibility? What is she getting paid for? Isn't brushing it off and pinning it on Trump the same exact thing you just accused Trump of doing?

the people who traveled to and from China during the travel ban were American Citizens allowed to come home and likewise, those traveling to were Chinese citizens and high level dignitaries. This has been shown time and time again.
Yes, I take that math to show that the ban slowed travel dramatically - so he DID take actions, even though he got called racist and xenophobic for doing it. And he delivered with those actions.

It is easy to make up a number of how many deaths would have been avoided if we did things sooner, but has anyone come up with a number of how many lives were saved because Trump banned travel?

I mean, I think Trump should wear a mask and set a better personal example, fine. Should he maybe be less rough around the edges? At times. And he is a complete jerk most of the time. But it goes too far when every action he tries to take gets fought tooth and nail and then he gets criticized for not taking action - even though he made a significant impact in spite of the opposition. You can't have it both ways.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So after you play the WHO card all along now you pretend you could care less about the WHO...

quit.. just quit.

BTW… and you probably wouldn't know this.. But FL did the very same thing as Sweden and low and behold.. they have the lowest death rate in the country.

This statement about FL is misguided and not true. FL has one of the lowest infection rates in the country as well - and about a 4.4% death rate so far. But having a low death rate isn't an indication that staying open works. Everyone stayed open when the death rates were low. Just like Sweden now, it isn't until the body count rises that they are forced to see reality.

Plenty of other places, like Minessota with a less than 4% death rate, have lower death rates as well.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ironically, Florida has a huge increase in pneumonia deaths this year as opposed to last year... strange...

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
they estimate 89% of their deaths are seniors with other complications. the problem I am having is finding any new relative stats, all the stuff I am seeing is from april.. and I know that a lot has changed since.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why are you mad that President Trump is fighting white supremacists with tear gas and rubber bullets? You are quite the contradiction.
Adjustments.JPG

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I seem to be as confused as you are. Are you an antifa sympathizer or nazi sympathizer?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All presidents can be second guessed but Trump has done a good job considering what he has faced. First 3 years he was excellent. Again I will vote for the best candidate but clearly Biden is not an option for anyone.
What has Trump done that’s been good?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
To be fair, if we learned anything from 2016, it’s polls are stupid and can’t be trusted.
Nothing to worry about then. Right?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 194497

feel free to go line by line and explain why you don't agree with these. I will wait...
We will have vastly different opinions on the supreme court. A Supreme Court stacked one way, regardless of which way, is dangerous to the people. Supreme Court justices should not be partisan.

I’m on mobile - but that list is misleading. The tax bill fucked professionals so I don’t consider it a win.
The five year lobbying ban is solely for executive branch employees. There isn’t a lobbyist ban like the list implies. Still, it’s a start, but Citizens United is a bigger issue than lobbyists.
Fixing the VA? Come on, thats the most vague accomplishment I’ve ever heard.
Unemployment was dropping and the stock market was rising through the last years of Obama’s term. It continued under Trump, but you cannot give sole credit to Trump or consider it a Trump accomplishment. We’ve been in a bull market for like 10 years. Trump’s been president for 3.5.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, I get that some of the stuff on the list above is probably debatable as "good" based on your views, but that was posted as a response to:
What has Trump done that’s been good?
So, let me know....

-Consumer confidence at 17 year high
-Women In Entrepreneurship Act
-Promoting buying and hiring American
-Reducing ILLEGAL immigration
-Sanctioning Iran over their missile program
-Renegotiating NAFTA
-Creating a task force to reduce crime
-The commission on opioid addiction
-Combating human trafficking
-Reducing White house payroll
-Donating his Presidential salary
-A trade deal with China
-Designating North Korea as a terrorist state
-Taking away ISIS territory

How is any of that not good? Or is there some way to just say, "He is responsible" when things go bad, "But everyone else is responsible" when something good happens?

And I'm not even including things like the Border Wall - which I believe are good but understand a lot of people don't think the government is responsible for defending its borders.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just a cartoon going on in my head:

Statement: The economy is great under Trump!
Democrats: Trump always takes credit. That's Obama's fault.

Statement: The pandemic response was horrible under Trump!
Republicans: What did anyone else do?
Democrats: Trump always passes the responsibility onto someone else!

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Supreme Court justices politically biased?? The worst example of this was RBG who made direct personal statements against Trump. He could easily demand her recusal from every decision affecting him moving forward. LOL

Putting in justices who rule according to the Constitution as written is one of the best things Trump could have done.

Getting us out of the stupid Paris Accord was even better!

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Supreme Court justices politically biased?? The worst example of this was RBG who made direct personal statements against Trump. He could easily demand her recusal from every decision affecting him moving forward. LOL

Putting in justices who rule according to the Constitution as written is one of the best things Trump could have done.

Getting us out of the stupid Paris Accord was even better!
Both sides rule according to the constitution as written. They just have different interpretations of the constitution. As an attorney that thinks both Republicans and Democrats are morons, I’m going to have a drastically different few on this than most people here on this subject

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, I get that some of the stuff on the list above is probably debatable as "good" based on your views, but that was posted as a response to:

So, let me know....

-Consumer confidence at 17 year high
-Women In Entrepreneurship Act
-Promoting buying and hiring American
-Reducing ILLEGAL immigration
-Sanctioning Iran over their missile program
-Renegotiating NAFTA
-Creating a task force to reduce crime
-The commission on opioid addiction
-Combating human trafficking
-Reducing White house payroll
-Donating his Presidential salary
-A trade deal with China
-Designating North Korea as a terrorist state
-Taking away ISIS territory

How is any of that not good? Or is there some way to just say, "He is responsible" when things go bad, "But everyone else is responsible" when something good happens?

And I'm not even including things like the Border Wall - which I believe are good but understand a lot of people don't think the government is responsible for defending its borders.
Obviously not going to comment on all:

Donating his salary is a facade. He makes exponentially more golfing at his own resorts than his presidential salary. While I have no issue with a president taking a mental health day - especially considering every president ages about 75 years in the 8 year term - spending taxpayer money at a resort that you profit from is a textbook conflict of interest.

Like it or not, America NEEDS illegal immigration. A huge part of our economy requires the cheap labor. It’s a necessary evil. I don’t believe all, or even most, illegal immigrants want to rape, pillage, and plunder. There are flaws in the immigration system, sure, but there are also massive barriers that need to be reformed, too. This is true of most government programs (I understand immigration isn’t a government program, but couldn’t think of the right word). The focus needs to be on getting rid of those who are committing crimes - and not petty crimes - and keeping them out.

I don’t like the federal government making a task force to “reduce crime”. I don’t think that’s the federal governments place. I think the FBI is constitutionally tenuous as is.

As far as bringing jobs back, I like the concept and believe on average, American goods are better, stronger, and more reliable than their Chinese counterparts. Now I may have a strange view, but I think we should spend less time focusing on bringing jobs “back” to America and more time focusing on how to keep the jobs we currently have and create new ones in the future. There are something like 4,000,000 truck drivers in the US. Autonomous vehicles will put them out of work. Fast food (a topic for another day) is already being automated. Brick and mortar retail jobs employ something like 2-3M people. Online shopping will do away with a large portion of those jobs. Is bringing manufacturing jobs back to America at the cost of rising production costs a good thing when we don’t protect/future proof the current jobs American’s have? I don’t think bringing back typically unionized manufacturing jobs is best for the American economy going forward.

And to be fair, Obama got the blame from Fox News (which is just as bad as CNN but on the opposite spectrum) and conservatives no matter what he did. The dude wore a khaki suit and it was a huge ordeal. A khaki fucking suit.

I wasn’t a huge Obama fan. I don’t think he accomplished much. He shouldn’t have bailed out the banks. Obamacare has some great things - such as coverage for preexisting conditions and no spending caps. Privatizing healthcare was stupid, and though it was mainly a republican idea, Medicare for all isn’t the answer, either.

This is nothing against Trump, but historically, we get rid of one terrorist group and we immediately find another. **** isis and we can take all their land without me losing any sleep, but who’s going to be the next “terrorist” group for Halliburton to make gajillions on?

Consumer confidence was rising with Obama, but I have no issue saying it continued to rise with Trump. Same with stock market/unemployment. I do believe it takes a few years for a president’s policies to start to show, and he’s been in about 4.

Opioids addiction is bad and, this may be liberal of me, but it’s probably too big of an issue for state governments to take individually. I actually read a neat article that scientists have discovered several molecules that are attributed to chronic pain and believe they can make medicine that targets those molecules to prevent pain and get the public away from opioids. Of course, I don’t trust a pharmaceutical company to make a safe drug which is why I’d rather die than take a COVID vaccine if it’s released this year. Or next year. Or the following year. Maybe in 10 years.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Obviously not going to comment on all:

Donating his salary is a facade. He makes exponentially more golfing at his own resorts than his presidential salary. While I have no issue with a president taking a mental health day - especially considering every president ages about 75 years in the 8 year term - spending taxpayer money at a resort that you profit from is a textbook conflict of interest.

Like it or not, America NEEDS illegal immigration. A huge part of our economy requires the cheap labor. It’s a necessary evil. I don’t believe all, or even most, illegal immigrants want to rape, pillage, and plunder. There are flaws in the immigration system, sure, but there are also massive barriers that need to be reformed, too. This is true of most government programs (I understand immigration isn’t a government program, but couldn’t think of the right word). The focus needs to be on getting rid of those who are committing crimes - and not petty crimes - and keeping them out.

I don’t like the federal government making a task force to “reduce crime”. I don’t think that’s the federal governments place. I think the FBI is constitutionally tenuous as is.

As far as bringing jobs back, I like the concept and believe on average, American goods are better, stronger, and more reliable than their Chinese counterparts. Now I may have a strange view, but I think we should spend less time focusing on bringing jobs “back” to America and more time focusing on how to keep the jobs we currently have and create new ones in the future. There are something like 4,000,000 truck drivers in the US. Autonomous vehicles will put them out of work. Fast food (a topic for another day) is already being automated. Brick and mortar retail jobs employ something like 2-3M people. Online shopping will do away with a large portion of those jobs. Is bringing manufacturing jobs back to America at the cost of rising production costs a good thing when we don’t protect/future proof the current jobs American’s have? I don’t think bringing back typically unionized manufacturing jobs is best for the American economy going forward.

And to be fair, Obama got the blame from Fox News (which is just as bad as CNN but on the opposite spectrum) and conservatives no matter what he did. The dude wore a khaki suit and it was a huge ordeal. A khaki fucking suit.

I wasn’t a huge Obama fan. I don’t think he accomplished much. He shouldn’t have bailed out the banks. Obamacare has some great things - such as coverage for preexisting conditions and no spending caps. Privatizing healthcare was stupid, and though it was mainly a republican idea, Medicare for all isn’t the answer, either.

This is nothing against Trump, but historically, we get rid of one terrorist group and we immediately find another. **** isis and we can take all their land without me losing any sleep, but who’s going to be the next “terrorist” group for Halliburton to make gajillions on?

Consumer confidence was rising with Obama, but I have no issue saying it continued to rise with Trump. Same with stock market/unemployment. I do believe it takes a few years for a president’s policies to start to show, and he’s been in about 4.

Opioids addiction is bad and, this may be liberal of me, but it’s probably too big of an issue for state governments to take individually. I actually read a neat article that scientists have discovered several molecules that are attributed to chronic pain and believe they can make medicine that targets those molecules to prevent pain and get the public away from opioids. Of course, I don’t trust a pharmaceutical company to make a safe drug which is why I’d rather die than take a COVID vaccine if it’s released this year. Or next year. Or the following year. Maybe in 10 years.
Some good points, not that I agree with all of them, but some good thoughts and well said. I agree that both sides bash - I feel like the impeachment trial was a highlight of this - what the republicans thought was OK for Clinton wasn't OK for Trump and what the Dems thought wasn't OK for Clinton was OK for Trump. The arguments all remained the same, but everyone switched sides.

I will disagree about illegal immigration. We don't need it. Now if you want to say we need to reform immigration policies and allow for more efficient LEGAL immigration, with more control - I would discuss that. But of course, illegal immigrants, by definition, are criminals and we don't need them. And migrating across boarders illegally is not a petty crime and would result in potentially lethal force being used against you in certain countries.

Also, you can say donating his salary is a facade, and sure - he is making money still. He'll be a'ight. But he still doesn't have to do it. And that is kind of the point, when he does something good, it isn't good because it isn't good enough - and that's just not a reasonable approach.

But you're right - every president has faced this to some degree. George Washington himself wouldn't leave the White House during his second term...because he couldn't stand all of the criticism.

The point is, whether you want to say it wasn't good enough, or was a facade, or make an argument that it wasn't what you want - the guy has accomplished a few things and it isn't like he's not doing anything at all.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

quit.. just quit.

Was all that directed at me? Not sure what fear mongering or how I ever played the WHO card...
🤔

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some good points, not that I agree with all of them, but some good thoughts and well said. I agree that both sides bash - I feel like the impeachment trial was a highlight of this - what the republicans thought was OK for Clinton wasn't OK for Trump and what the Dems thought wasn't OK for Clinton was OK for Trump. The arguments all remained the same, but everyone switched sides.

I will disagree about illegal immigration. We don't need it. Now if you want to say we need to reform immigration policies and allow for more efficient LEGAL immigration, with more control - I would discuss that. But of course, illegal immigrants, by definition, are criminals and we don't need them. And migrating across boarders illegally is not a petty crime and would result in potentially lethal force being used against you in certain countries.

Also, you can say donating his salary is a facade, and sure - he is making money still. He'll be a'ight. But he still doesn't have to do it. And that is kind of the point, when he does something good, it isn't good because it isn't good enough - and that's just not a reasonable approach.

But you're right - every president has faced this to some degree. George Washington himself wouldn't leave the White House during his second term...because he couldn't stand all of the criticism.

The point is, whether you want to say it wasn't good enough, or was a facade, or make an argument that it wasn't what you want - the guy has accomplished a few things and it isn't like he's not doing anything at all.
We don’t have to agree on everything, but the fact you’re willing to listen and try and see a different perspective is something both sides severely lack. So thank you, I appreciate and respect that.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We don’t have to agree on everything, but the fact you’re willing to listen and try and see a different perspective is something both sides severely lack. So thank you, I appreciate and respect that.
Well, you had a reasonable, well laid out approach...thank you as well. Like you said, we don't have to agree. It's good to have debate and I've learned a lot on here from people who debate on this board. Actually, some of the most hard fought debates have turned out to teach me the most and some of the people on here who I disagree with the most are also people I respect the most. Like you said, sometimes you have to be willing to listen, and be reasonable. But sometimes, we all lose it! I'm no exception, that's for sure.

maximillia

maximillia

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Brother, I wish you would look at the situation from a more balanced standpoint. That's all I will say. You are being misled by some media sources which have certain aims, which are not necessarily in your best interest. Please discern.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The crazy thing to me is how could anyone vote with that group that just shredded Drew Brees. Not a more giving, charitable guy. He has given more to blacks than any black that is trashing him. How could anyone be on that side- white or black.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
What did he do to get “banned”? There’s a lot of back and forth on any political thread like this
I suppose it could have been anything in any of the forums. He was kind of unhinged with the whole uber-liberal thing.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Who got banned? I can't figure it out
Justhere4comm - not sure what happened. He and I disagree on the politics, and we both can go overboard...but I still like his input, even if he gets me worked up with some of it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking at the names/logos on left side and the title underneath (member, etc), it appears that Justhere4comm got banned.
The scarlet letter. Mark of shame.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Justhere4comm - not sure what happened. He and I disagree on the politics, and we both can go overboard...but I still like his input, even if he gets me worked up with some of it.
Oooo, I'm not super surprised. He didn't bother me in the slightest. Honestly I think a lot of his argument posts were just to push ppls buttons and I kinda get a kick out of that. But I had a feeling he was going to piss off too many ppl and get the banhammer

maximillia

maximillia

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Oooo, I'm not super surprised. He didn't bother me in the slightest. Honestly I think a lot of his argument posts were just to push ppls buttons and I kinda get a kick out of that. But I had a feeling he was going to piss off too many ppl and get the banhammer
He did bother me but I still do feel a little sad that he's been banned. I have real difficulty with some of the more involved leftist viewpoints.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today, I was riding my bike and fell off my bike......

THIS IS TRUMP'S FAULT!
Yup. And chances are he will just try to pass blame and do something like stupid, like saying it was your fault.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just get tired of the ridiculous one-sided propaganda. Like the argument made that closing the country earlier would have saved lives with some mathematical certainty, but completely ignoring the counter point that closing the country later would have cost that many more lives. One side of every argument a noble resistance movement, and the other side impossible to conceive or acknowledge in any reality. Looking into this further, it appears the final straw was in some political thread and the Admin's became equally tired of the disingenuous shill from lib-ville.

Meanwhile - it remains to be seen what happens with the spread of corona and our beloved gyms. There is a typical slow down of all respiratory diseases in the dryer summer months... but how will that offset against states reopening and mob riots?? Maryland is still running a pretty tight semi-lockdown. Masks everywhere. None of the local gyms are opening yet, not even in the apartment building where I have an office. Got my first haircut since early March... by appointment at a barbershop. Half of those are still pretty well closed.

I still worry/wonder - with the slowed business economy and greatly reduced tax revenues, how will we address the massive additional government spending via stimulus? And we thought corona math was tough !!! LOL

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
He did bother me but I still do feel a little sad that he's been banned. I have real difficulty with some of the more involved leftist viewpoints.
Believe me, I understand. Politics and religion are very touchy subjects for many ppl. I'm just one of those people that don't care enough to be bothered by those things. Anywho. Il let y'all get back to your thing and keep watching from the sidelines

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Most things mentioned are opinions, most people get irritated when people keep pushing their opinion as fact and then they tell you your opinion is always wrong. Lol. Open dialogue, which we see doesn't exist.