Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
^Lol. Meanwhile Dems have been asking for more than a measly $600 (or $1,200 for that matter) for months now. Why can’t people call a spade a spade anymore? Everyone has to alter reality to fit their political agenda...

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
^Lol. Meanwhile Dems have been asking for more than a measly $600 (or $1,200 for that matter) for months now. Why can’t people call a spade a spade anymore? Everyone has to alter reality to fit their political agenda...
The problem is that the Dems wanted that larger sum ALONG WITH a couple trillion more for bailing out states and global warming dreams. Remember Pelosi wouldn't break up her bill to deal with just the specific covid relief pieces or allow any partial relief. Election year and all...

NOW at least both sides are talking about just this additional direct covid aid... question is will the Dems still want to send checks to illegal aliens too?

Last edited:
THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
msm says it will take 10 years to get everyone the virus which means wearing a mask in the gym forever uggg

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
msm says it will take 10 years to get everyone the virus which means wearing a mask in the gym forever uggg
You should move to a state that actually clings to the principals of freedom and liberty. We don't wear masks in gyms here in Tennessee.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You should move to a state that actually clings to the principals of freedom and liberty. We don't wear masks in gyms here in Tennessee.
Yeah until you start inviting the fascists from other states to come live in your state and then they vote in the same retarded assholes they just escaped from. All I can say is Oklahoma sucks. I highly recommend people drive completely around it at all costs. Horrible place to live.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah until you start inviting the fascists from other states to come live in your state and then they vote in the same retarded assholes they just escaped from. All I can say is Oklahoma sucks. I highly recommend people drive completely around it at all costs. Horrible place to live.
Lived in Bartlesville back in the 80s, been a few times to Lawton for work, but haven't been there since 2016. Is it getting bad?

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lived in Bartlesville back in the 80s, been a few times to Lawton for work, but haven't been there since 2016. Is it getting bad?
I said that so people don’t get any bright ideas on moving here. Seeing way too many out of state plates moving in. Those same people will bring along their voting habits and turn my little slice of heaven into their shithole they just left from.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I said that so people don’t get any bright ideas on moving here. Seeing way too many out of state plates moving in. Those same people will bring along their voting habits and turn my little slice of heaven into their shithole they just left from.
kinda like georgia-eh? texas aint far behind...thank GOD indiana isn't on wish list of democrats fleeing blue states!!!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My sister’s mother in law is moving back to Tulsa. She is sooooo beyond over California! We’re virtually viewing a 2500 sq ft home for 170k, that sh*t would be around 700k in my area and 2.5 mil in the Bay Area! It’s so fucking insane!

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My sister’s mother in law is moving back to Tulsa. She is sooooo beyond over California! We’re virtually viewing a 2500 sq ft home for 170k, that sh*t would be around 700k in my area and 2.5 mil in the Bay Area! It’s so fucking insane!
She had better remember the reason she is escaping CA. We don’t care how they did or do things in CA here. So don’t ever even bring it up.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That's the way it was for our friends that moved from Cali to Tennessee back in 2016. They sold their place and what they made allowed them to buy a four bedroom, modest house. I think they ended up having like a 30k left on the mortgage once the closing costs were wrapped.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Texas and Tennessee have the most to risk as these are some of the last truly free states.
austin and houston are as liberal as cali and minnesota, i think dallas might be leaning that way as well...if texas goes blue we are lost.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
austin and houston are as liberal as cali and minnesota, i think dallas might be leaning that way as well...if texas goes blue we are lost.
Not arguing that at all. But the principals and laws are still pretty legit. Like you can gift someone a firearm and it’s there’s in Texas.

Believe me, Nashville is a commie hole now, just like a little NY. We moved away from there after Mayor Cooper moved in and started telling us how we need to live, breath and think.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not arguing that at all. But the principals and laws are still pretty legit. Like you can gift someone a firearm and it’s there’s in Texas.

Believe me, Nashville is a commie hole now, just like a little NY. We moved away from there after Mayor Cooper moved in and started telling us how we need to live, breath and think.
indiana is solid red, but if not for unigov indianapolis would be solid blue. unigov combined all the suburban communities into what is called metro indianapolis, so the mayor is still a republican, but the city council is almost entirely democrat.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
indiana is solid red, but if not for unigov indianapolis would be solid blue. unigov combined all the suburban communities into what is called metro indianapolis, so the mayor is still a republican, but the city council is almost entirely democrat.
I’m surprised, I thought Indiana would be blue. Also.... wonder if they’ll change Indiana because it’s Indian(a) and “offensive.”

Lol, anyway... it was beautiful driving through red states like Idaho and Montana.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m surprised, I thought Indiana would be blue. Also.... wonder if they’ll change Indiana because it’s Indian(a) and “offensive.”

Lol, anyway... it was beautiful driving through red states like Idaho and Montana.
bush sr. and trump both have/had vice presidents from indiana...other than inner city indianapolis and pockets of democrat cities like gary/south bend/bloomington, indiana is very conservative!!!

indiana supports law enforcement, at least i know i do!!!

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
China still not letting anyone in to investigate the origins of covid. Super-shady.

And also heard today the vaccine might only last a couple of years, meaning they don't plan for this dance to ever end. Numbers still climbing so prepare for the Biden mega-lockdown any time soon.

Democrats pull a total power grab in Georgia and finally get their chance to change Senate rules and REALLY spend us into oblivion. Hello Venezuela? I'll be needing a wheelbarrow to transport worthless dollars....

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
China still not letting anyone in to investigate the origins of covid. Super-shady.

And also heard today the vaccine might only last a couple of years, meaning they don't plan for this dance to ever end. Numbers still climbing so prepare for the Biden mega-lockdown any time soon.

Democrats pull a total power grab in Georgia and finally get their chance to change Senate rules and REALLY spend us into oblivion. Hello Venezuela? I'll be needing a wheelbarrow to transport worthless dollars....
wait till you guys get the South African variant bro, that will really **** things, the vaccine probably won’t work against that at all (and it spreads the same speed as the other variant we have in the UK that caused our total lockdown to be put in place)

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Global covid deaths just broke 2 million today. US deaths now averaging over 20,000 a week.

UK is really getting hammer badly... 1248 deaths yesterday in a population of only 68 million.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Global covid deaths just broke 2 million today. US deaths now averaging over 20,000 a week.

UK is really getting hammer badly... 1248 deaths yesterday in a population of only 68 million.
our hospitals are fucked bro (that’s not a media view, that’s actually first hand what is happening) - they’ve just sent round confirmation (in the hospital I have access to info from) not to use cpap or vent on a sub set of patients who in previous waves would have been.....it’s a pure capacity decision but obviously this now means some people who could have survived with optimal treatment strategies now won’t survive. It’s a very sad situation

this more transmissable variant changed the game over here (previously semi successful restrictions weren’t even close to enough)

I have two lifting buddies who both have it currently - one is a few years younger than me. He’s gone from front squatting 330 for sets of 5 to struggling on a double at 240 (he didn’t know he had covid at that time, got tested because his drop in strength was so severe).

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Update- global deaths now over 3 million.

And new double mutant combo variant taking hold in India? Something to watch. India did surprisingly well thru previous covid waves, given their huge population and dense cities. To have numbers skyrocketing this late in the game is concerning...

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Update- global deaths now over 3 million.

And new double mutant combo variant taking hold in India? Something to watch. India did surprisingly well thru previous covid waves, given their huge population and dense cities. To have numbers skyrocketing this late in the game is concerning...

that variant is in the UK and starting to spread. Gov seem legit concerned despite our vaccine program being so decent.

today Boris started talking about a 3rd wave here

this fucking thing is a long way from being over imho

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's almost like the virus changes to adapt and come back around to hit any groups it missed. Did you see the graph for India? Oooofa.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
that variant is in the UK and starting to spread. Gov seem legit concerned despite our vaccine program being so decent.

today Boris started talking about a 3rd wave here

this fucking thing is a long way from being over imho
to me it looks like vaccines aren't working so well?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
to me it looks like vaccines aren't working so well?
apparently (and I say that as I haven’t a fucking clue but the media say this) the vaccines should still prevent seriousness illness in most cases with these new variants but they aren’t as effective in people actually catching the variant 🤷

what that means in reality I don’t really know, I would have though if they were confident that very few would get seriously ill then it’s no great concern but that doesn’t appear to match with the actions

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
apparently (and I say that as I haven’t a fucking clue but the media say this) the vaccines should still prevent seriousness illness in most cases with these new variants but they aren’t as effective in people actually catching the variant 🤷

what that means in reality I don’t really know, I would have though if they were confident that very few would get seriously ill then it’s no great concern but that doesn’t appear to match with the actions
here is what i know for fact from personal experience...my mom lives in assisted living complex. they were on lockdown for over a year. in february they started vaccines, and by 1st of april 95% of residents had been given both doses of vaccine...my sister and i were notified last week that covid cases were on the rise despite 95% of residents being vaccinated--yesterday the assisted living complex went back to lockdown.....you do the math.

Last edited:
dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
here is what i know for fact from personal experience...my mom lives in assisted living complex. they were on lockdown for over a year. in february they started vaccines, and by 1st of april 95% of residents had been given both doses of vaccine...my sister and i were notified last week that covid cases were on the rise despite 95% of residents being vaccinated--yesterday the assisted living complex went back to lockdown.....you do the math.
I had 6 guys out last week with confirmed COVID. All of them were vaccinated. That’s a huge sample size considering this is just within 1 company and at the same time. They all had the J&J. The crew that had the Moderna I had 2 that needed emergency medical attention after the 2nd dose. I had the Pfizer and felt disgustingly awful after it and it felt like 20 people took turns punching me in the arm. The risk had better be worth the reward because in my own little anecdotal world this vaccine is horseshit.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I had 6 guys out last week with confirmed COVID. All of them were vaccinated. That’s a huge sample size considering this is just within 1 company and at the same time. They all had the J&J. The crew that had the Moderna I had 2 that needed emergency medical attention after the 2nd dose. I had the Pfizer and felt disgustingly awful after it and it felt like 20 people took turns punching me in the arm. The risk had better be worth the reward because in my own little anecdotal world this vaccine is horseshit.
i tested positive for covid and i spit in it's face-i've had colds that were way worse...aint no way i'm going anywhere near any of those damned vaccines!!!!

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think the effectiveness and sides depend on the type of vaccine. The sides to the mRNA vaccines suck (arm pain and feeling like crap after the 2nd shot) but they pale in comparison to full blown COVID. We've also known and expected that mRNA vaccines would hold up better to variants than the adenovirus vaccines (J&J, AstraZeneca) so I don't get the surprise there. Seems like all the things that were predicted have largely been coming true. It will take a little longer to wind down in the US and bit longer still for the globe but it is a pandemic, what can you do? At least once you have immunity you can rest a little easier.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
But do you ever really get immunity? The CDC gang says the original china-virus immunity can last as little as 4-6 months. And some of the variants can still get around both natural immunity and vaccine protections. And the variants are changing (and now combining!!) much faster than the vaccines are getting updated.

And CDC says you still need to take ALL of the same precautions AFTER getting vaccinated. I don't see what it really accomplishes for those outside of the small high-risk group.

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
But do you ever really get immunity? The CDC gang says the original china-virus immunity can last as little as 4-6 months. And some of the variants can still get around both natural immunity and vaccine protections. And the variants are changing (and now combining!!) much faster than the vaccines are getting updated.

And CDC says you still need to take ALL of the same precautions AFTER getting vaccinated. I don't see what it really accomplishes for those outside of the small high-risk group.
Yeah dude that's pretty basic and predictable even from just the science courses I took in school. Also, the mRNA vaccines actually have immunity lasting a little longer. We'll still need boosters for variants but that's also expected because it was unlikely that we would have the entire U.S. population protected one way or another before the virus could mutate. That doesn't mean the vaccines aren't effective or worthwhile though. The mRNA vaccines in particular produce pretty good immunity against most variants and will still save you from severe COVID (which is more common with the new variants).

The CDC is still recommending precautions because there's no way for a bunch of people to signal to everyone else they've been vaccinated (so act as if you haven't for the courtesy of others) but they're easing up the *guidelines* as the situation improves.

All in all it just seems like an overblown response to me. Get vaccinated or don't, but if you don't and could have then don't expect a lot of sympathy.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah dude that's pretty basic and predictable even from just the science courses I took in school. Also, the mRNA vaccines actually have immunity lasting a little longer. We'll still need boosters for variants but that's also expected because it was unlikely that we would have the entire U.S. population protected one way or another before the virus could mutate. That doesn't mean the vaccines aren't effective or worthwhile though. The mRNA vaccines in particular produce pretty good immunity against most variants and will still save you from severe COVID (which is more common with the new variants).

The CDC is still recommending precautions because there's no way for a bunch of people to signal to everyone else they've been vaccinated (so act as if you haven't for the courtesy of others) but they're easing up the *guidelines* as the situation improves.

All in all it just seems like an overblown response to me. Get vaccinated or don't, but if you don't and could have then don't expect a lot of sympathy.
Hard to convince people to get jabbed with that crap if there is absolutely no incentive to do so. You tell people they don’t have to wear a mask and can to grandmas funeral again and who knows what may happen. Only reason I got the vaccine is because there was something in it for me. Otherwise I would never stick that crap in my body.

This whole COVID fiasco has been a test in stupidity and the stupid people have won. COVID logic is mind boggling to say the least. I am glad I live in Oklahoma. Some of y’all got some retarded losers running the show in these states.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hard to convince people to get jabbed with that crap if there is absolutely no incentive to do so. You tell people they don’t have to wear a mask and can to grandmas funeral again and who knows what may happen. Only reason I got the vaccine is because there was something in it for me. Otherwise I would never stick that crap in my body.

This whole COVID fiasco has been a test in stupidity and the stupid people have won. COVID logic is mind boggling to say the least. I am glad I live in Oklahoma. Some of y’all got some retarded losers running the show in these states.
for over a year i was afraid that if i got covid i would A-be hospitalised...B-die from covid.

i got covid and it wasn't even as bad as a cold---no vaccine for this old guy!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
worthy of another look-eh?

UKG

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Since the vaccination programme got underway in the Uk cases have dropped week on week. I’d say it appears to be working pretty well.
No saying what impact variants will have of course but I’m not sure how you can argue against the vaccine being effective here.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Since the vaccination programme got underway in the Uk cases have dropped week on week. I’d say it appears to be working pretty well.
No saying what impact variants will have of course but I’m not sure how you can argue against the vaccine being effective here.
give it 6 months then report back.....the protection only lasted a few months at my moms assisted living facility and then cases started going up again and now they have gone back to total shutdown again.

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Those incentives still exist and those promises are being kept. On a more fundamental level, the CDC just issues guidelines - your state sets the administrative law on it. It wasn't specifically conditional on getting vaccinated though, it was on being out of a pandemic. Obviously, getting the vaccine or showing prior exposure gives incentives for businesses to want to open their doors to you again first.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have completely abandoned even having a mask on my person for a few weeks now. I have yet to have anyone say anything anywhere I have been, sign or no sign. COVID fatigue is in full swing and people are just done with it I can see. I think I will take my mask to the range next time and shoot at it.

UKG

Awards
  • First Up Vote
That would be disappointing! If not vaccinations I don’t know what the answer is.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Those incentives still exist and those promises are being kept. On a more fundamental level, the CDC just issues guidelines - your state sets the administrative law on it. It wasn't specifically conditional on getting vaccinated though, it was on being out of a pandemic. Obviously, getting the vaccine or showing prior exposure gives incentives for businesses to want to open their doors to you again first.
the current agenda of the government is not to federally mandate vaccinations, but i fear they may side track this by giving incentives or penalties to businesses based on vaccine policies.