Anyone still taking soy lecithin for the phosphatidic acid?

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
I was researching phosphatidic acid and the entire patented Mediator stuff. Im glad i did because a bunch of people on here and elsewhere realized you could just supplement with soy lecithin versus buying an expensive phosphatidic acid product.

My question is, for those who did it, did you find it effective?

Also, has there ever been any concrete info on using sunflower lecithin instead of soy? Reason i ask is I have sunflower but Im not opposed to soy, just curious is all.

Thanks.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was researching phosphatidic acid and the entire patented Mediator stuff. Im glad i did because a bunch of people on here and elsewhere realized you could just supplement with soy lecithin versus buying an expensive phosphatidic acid product.

My question is, for those who did it, did you find it effective?

Also, has there ever been any concrete info on using sunflower lecithin instead of soy? Reason i ask is I have sunflower but Im not opposed to soy, just curious is all.

Thanks.
toniq's is from sunflower but I haven't opened the bottle

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
it's cool, I mistook the 2 when i first started reading about this stuff as well.

All good I think that happens in almost every PA thread I have ever read lol. Real easy blooper to make.
lol, yup.

I guess soy lecithin( and sunflower) has both though, but I really hate the taste so much. Sunflower lecithin actually tastes good. It goes great in PB smoothies. Makes them taste creamier.

I cant seem to find much info on the PA content of sunflower lecithin though.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
what's interesting about sunflower lecithin is that it's used to instantize whey protein. it's in most of them. I'm not sure how much as it's always listed as other ingredients

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
jesus christ...this site had such a big dick for fearns soy lecithin in 2014/2015. Guys were like "this is a staple", "I will take this for the rest of my training life", "If you are not on these you are a douche" and then, all of the sudden, everyone was off them and not another word was uttered about them. One of the weirder occurrences around here

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
jesus christ...this site had such a big dick for fearns soy lecithin in 2014/2015. Guys were like "this is a staple", "I will take this for the rest of my training life", "If you are not on these you are a douche" and then, all of the sudden, everyone was off them and not another word was uttered about them. One of the weirder occurrences around here
Very odd since it's the most amazing thing since creatine. It's epic

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
what's interesting about sunflower lecithin is that it's used to instantize whey protein. it's in most of them. I'm not sure how much as it's always listed as other ingredients
Small amounts. Not even a gram.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So you recommend taking lecithin?
Absolutely, but eventually, you may find it's not as convenient as caps and if you fast like me it becomes an issue with fat and cals pre and post workout (I train 430am). I plan to buy a damn case of @sns8778 SNS PA product when it launches. lol

I also recommend a loading phase for maybe 7 to 10 days. Works wonders.

Last edited:
ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was in that thread and was one of the ones saying this will be a forever staple for me. This was because it delivered on the strength gains and muscle fullness. However, after eating the soy lecithin everyday for over a year I became nauseous even just smelling the granules. I actually thought they tasted good at first, but they became kinda gross over time.

I actually recently bought a tub of Fearns SL to give it another try and see how I felt about eating it years later. I use to like it in my protein shakes. They sit heavy in your stomach before workouts though.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A very large amount of the individuals in those threads are no longer on the boards, unfortunately. I also don't remember anyone being rude to those not taking SL. If you stick around long enough all things are cyclical. I have seen more interest in creatine in the last two years, when it became harder to obtain and more expensive, than I have in the last decade. I used to have to try and convince guys and gals to take it when it was $0.05 a day lol.

I cannot speak for anyone other than myself but even stuff I love I rotate things in and out and sometimes you forget about an ingredient. I think PA and SL are just as useful as they ever were and look forward to SNS's release.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely, but eventually, you may find it's not as convenient as caps and if you fast like me it becomes an issue with fat and cals pre and post workout (I train 430am). I plan to buy a damn case of @sns8778 SNS PA product when it launches. lol

I actually like the taste of sunflower lecithin, soy, not so much. The sunflower in a whey shake makes it taste amazingly creamy. In a PB and almond smoothie, it actually improved the taste to the point that even if I didnt supplement with it, id keep it around for smoothies.

I am gonna reach out to Now Foods and see if they have a direct breakdown of their sunflower lecithin. Maybe they can tell me how much PA is in a serving. I'll report back if they do.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

How many TBS/day do you consider loading? And then TBS/day after that?

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was just going to ask that, lol. My memory says 4 tbs for loading and 2 for maintenance. I love the granules expect the heaviness in the abdomen pre workout.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From what I recall 1200mg PA (2 tbsp) pre and post workout then a 3rd dose later in the day.

Then just 1 to 1.5 servings a day angel maybe 2 weeks of loading.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
From what I recall 1200mg PA (2 tbsp) pre and post workout then a 3rd dose later in the day.

Is that a bit too much choline?

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

but why not just take PA?

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
but why not just take PA?
I do now when I take PA. I no longer use lecithin as stated above (doesn't work with my fasting regimen).

I also get PA by the kg at cost, so price isn't the issue. I'll though be getting SNS PA when it comes available.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I loved PA and planned on taking it forever. But then all of a sudden i couldnt get the Fearn brand here in Sweden anymore. But like @DieselNY im eagerly awaiting SNS PA!

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
Now Foods responded to my email about the PA content of their sunflower lecithin:

Thank you for contacting us with your question. Our data indicates the following:

NOW Sunflower Lecithin powder is estimated to contain about 6% PA (600mg per 10g per serving).

NOW Soy Lecithin granules are estimated to contain about 8% PA (800mg per 10g serving)

Question is, is the PA from sunflower lecithin as effective? I have read some people saying they noticed a difference, but could it be because they werent getting as much PA as they would have if they took soy instead?

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Interesting how many (including myself) are awaiting SNS PA, but in light of recent unfortunate events, is it realistic to think we'll see this anytime in the foreseeable future?

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
Interesting how many (including myself) are awaiting SNS PA, but in light of recent unfortunate events, is it realistic to think we'll see this anytime in the foreseeable future?
Was the upcoming SNS PA product a blend of PA + other stuff? Is it generic PA and not the Mediator stuff so it will be cheaper? Just curious.

I wish Steve a complete and speedy recovery. Im sure he'll be back to doing what he's known for and putting out great products.

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Was the upcoming SNS PA product a blend of PA + other stuff? Is it generic PA and not the Mediator stuff so it will be cheaper? Just curious.

I wish Steve a complete and speedy recovery. Im sure he'll be back to doing what he's known for and putting out great products.
Likewise I wish Steve a quick and complete recovery and the ability to resume his livelihood.

I believe the SNS PA was going to contain the Mediator PA as well as other, up to now, undisclosed ingredients.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Now Foods responded to my email about the PA content of their sunflower lecithin:

Thank you for contacting us with your question. Our data indicates the following:

NOW Sunflower Lecithin powder is estimated to contain about 6% PA (600mg per 10g per serving).

NOW Soy Lecithin granules are estimated to contain about 8% PA (800mg per 10g serving)

Question is, is the PA from sunflower lecithin as effective? I have read some people saying they noticed a difference, but could it be because they werent getting as much PA as they would have if they took soy instead?
Mediator PA is soy-derived PA so unsure if that was done for a reason but I'd personally stick with the soy if using lecithin since I know for sure it works.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I recall seeing before that PA derived from eggs absorbs differently and doesn’t have the same effect. Not sure if sunflower would be more similar to soy than that or not.

kid amnesiac

Awards
i’ve got 4 tubs of the new MPA Mediator coming tomorrow. Miss this stuff - hoping it holds me over until SN releases

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Congratulations. But I am confused.
I've been taking Redcon1 11 Bravo at double the dose for just around 5 weeks. Paid £151.08 for 4 bottles that's all I got to say!

but then you go on to say...

I thought I run phosphatidic acid and get it built up in my body until SNS release their product I don't think I'm going to bother now.
What is supposed to be the takeaway here?

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Congratulations. But I am confused.

What is supposed to be the takeaway here?
I think he is saying he is not going to bother to keep taking because the price, at least for him in the UK, is absurd?

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
didnt notice anything from soy lecithin, on the contrary, i lost strenght.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can understand it not working for you, but there is basically no way for it to make you actually lose strength. There had to be other factors in your life like stress, poor sleep, nutrition, lack of carbs, injury, etc that contributed to the lose of strength.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can understand it not working for you, but there is basically no way for it to make you actually lose strength. There had to be other factors in your life like stress, poor sleep, nutrition, lack of carbs, injury, etc that contributed to the lose of strength.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Soy = estrogen ?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
have you checked with cow milk maybe? I saw some studies saying it does raise estrogen and kinda freaks me out cuz I drink so much. will milk make me gay?
I never tested for cows milk. I haven’t drank cows milk in 5 years. I like oat milk, cashew, coconut and almond milk better.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

2 tbsp = roughly 15g right ? if so this would be equal to that ?

ive never taken a liquid form before .. seems like best value out there ..extra calories though yuck

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 215356

ive never taken a liquid form before .. seems like best value out there ..extra calories though yuck
2 tbsp would give 1200mg PA from what I recall. And yes 15g=2 tbsp sounds right.

Yes extra cals and its annoying hence I prefer powder/caps. I'll be buying a ton of SNS PA when it launches.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 215356

Sorry my bad. Read you wrong..... Not liquid. Granules. See attached.
Screenshot_20220418-185732_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have a 70% PA on the way. I have some experiments to conduct, both orally and topically.
Did you ever receive and experiment with the 70% PA? It wouldn't have happened to be Musclepeak PA, would it?